April 27, 2024, 09:34:28 PM

Author Topic: Burrell: Soca Warriors vs Reggae Boyz to Celebrate Warner Success..  (Read 5874 times)

AirMan

JFF boss first to congratulate Jack Warner
Wednesday, May 26 2010

JAMAICA Football Federation president Captain Horace Burrell was among the first to congratulate FIFA vice-president Jack Austin Warner on his success at the polls in the Chaguanas West constituency as well as the People’s Partnership victory in the General Election.

Burrell was in Trinidad on Monday night to share in the joyous experience of his friend in football.

Burrell commended the TT public for an incident-free election.

“I must congratulate the people of TT for having conducted their democratic duty in a very civil manner.

“The experience was a very pleasant one where I saw people of all races, classes and backgrounds doing it all in a respectable manner, particularly when you compare it to Jamaica where I guess the people tend to be a bit too passionate about their political allegiance,” he said.

He said he was not surprised by Warner’s victory as he knows the “strength of character of the man.”

Burrell embraced Warner at Rienzi Complex, Couva, on Monday night and proposed an international friendly match between the Soca Warriors and Reggae Boyz to celebrate his success.

The friendly would also attempt to highlight the crime situation in both countries and promote peace and positive activities..Continue http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,121452.html

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wednesday, May 26 2010

JAMAICA Football Federation president Captain Horace Burrell was among the first to congratulate FIFA vice-president Jack Austin Warner on his success at the polls in the Chaguanas West constituency as well as the People’s Partnership victory in the General Election.

Burrell was in Trinidad on Monday night to share in the joyous experience of his friend in football.

“I must congratulate the people of TT for having conducted their democratic duty in a very civil manner.

“The experience was a very pleasant one where I saw people of all races, classes and backgrounds doing it all in a respectable manner, particularly when you compare it to Jamaica where I guess the people tend to be a bit too passionate about their political allegiance,” he said.

He said he was not surprised by Warner’s victory as he knows the “strength of character of the man.”

Burrell embraced Warner at Rienzi Complex, Couva, on Monday night and proposed an international friendly match between the Soca Warriors and Reggae Boyz to celebrate his success.

The friendly would also attempt to highlight the crime situation in both countries and promote peace and positive activities..Continue http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,121452.html

LOL

Trinidad vs Jamaica supposed to promote that? not to me or any other die hard Trini fan...but yea I'll take the friendly

I declare War

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Wednesday, May 26 2010

LOL

Trinidad vs Jamaica supposed to promote that? not to me or any other die hard Trini fan...but yea I'll take the friendly

I declare War

Yeah, dat is true! How could a football match betweenn T&T and Jamaica promote peace?!

Burrell must have been making rum talk after having a bit too many free drinks at the bar!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
BULL SHITT!!!

Why TnT, in their re-building prcoess, use the WC teams and good, practice, international friendlies??? USA, MEXICO, HONDURAS and COSTA RICA, would ALWAYS be ahead of us. Costa Rica did not make the WC, but the played France today and lost 2 -1. Who de f*** TnT playing?? Jamaica?? We would NEVER learn and we MAY NEVER see another WC, or may NEVER reach the level of the big boys in CONCACAF, if we keep doing the same nonsense. We played Chile last month, which is good. Why not continue with the international teams and keep pushing and gaining the experience????????????????

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
BULL SHITT!!!

Why TnT, in their re-building prcoess, use the WC teams and good, practice, international friendlies??? USA, MEXICO, HONDURAS and COSTA RICA, would ALWAYS be ahead of us. Costa Rica did not make the WC, but the played France today and lost 2 -1. Who de f*** TnT playing?? Jamaica?? We would NEVER learn and we MAY NEVER see another WC, or may NEVER reach the level of the big boys in CONCACAF, if we keep doing the same nonsense. We played Chile last month, which is good. Why not continue with the international teams and keep pushing and gaining the experience????????????????
easy
ya ketch ah vaps or wha man
Burrell is Jack pardna and they just want to celebrate the fact that Jack fandangle the scene in the JFF for Burrell to take over again and that Jack just got elected.......dais all
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:50:16 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
they want to have a trini election celebration match at the office? wha sense that make
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack Warner for Minister of National Security please.  :cheers:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile

Jack does not want a ministeral post!
Apparently he will have to resign his FIFA post if he takes one!
So Jack will remain PP/UNC chairman and play a similar role like he does as special advisor for the TTFF!
That way he will not be officially responsible for any of the $hi% that happens!
Nice move Jackula, yuh ahead of them! :devil:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 11:56:16 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
BULL SHITT!!!

Breds, yuh talking COCK!!! jamaica is ah damn good friendly!! they does beat big teams in the office, and IMO is ah better team than the soca warriors @ the moment, so doh let yuh bias cloud yuh judgement! i welcome the friendly wid open arms.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 02:42:56 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Breds, yuh talking COCK!!! jamaica is ah damn good friendly!! they does beat big teams in the office, and IMO is ah better team than the soca warriors @ the moment, so doh let yuh bias cloud yuh judgement! i welcome the friendly wid open arms.

I agree Jamaica is a good warm up match for a team like T&T coming off a long break...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Burrell: Soca Warriors vs Reggae Boyz to Celebrate Warner Success..
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 08:27:14 AM »

I agree Jamaica is a good warm up match for a team like T&T coming off a long break...

Proceeds of the game to .......????
dont miss the forest by looking at the trees.

AirMan

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 09:44:27 AM »

Jack does not what a ministeral post!
Apparently he will have to resign his FIFA post if he takes one! So Jack will remain PP/UNC chairman and play a similar role like he does as special advisor for the TTFF!
That way he will not be officially responsible for any of the $hi% that happens!

"UNC chairman Jack Warner said yesterday that he will be part of the Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s Cabinet-on her insistence.

’Initially I said I didn’t want any and I meant that seriously, but the Prime Minister insisted that I must be in her Cabinet and I said okay,’ Warner told the Express yesterday after Persad-Bissessar was sworn in as Prime Minister at Knowsley House, Port of Spain.

As an Opposition MP, Warner was the shadow Minister of National Security, Sport and Foreign Affairs."

He said yesterday that he was ready to serve and place his efforts into any portfolio he is given by Persad-Bissessar

Entire Article http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161680120&weba=NWSNews
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 10:38:46 AM by AirMan »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 10:36:44 AM »
licks licks licks, best way to test latas squadra

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 01:16:36 PM »

Apparently he will have to resign his FIFA post if he takes one! So Jack will remain PP/UNC chairman and play a similar role like he does as special advisor for the TTFF!

"UNC chairman Jack Warner said yesterday that he will be part of the Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s Cabinet-on her insistence.

’Initially I said I didn’t want any and I meant that seriously, but the Prime Minister insisted that I must be in her Cabinet and I said okay,’ Warner told the Express yesterday after Persad-Bissessar was sworn in as Prime Minister at Knowsley House, Port of Spain.

As an Opposition MP, Warner was the shadow Minister of National Security, Sport and Foreign Affairs."

He said yesterday that he was ready to serve and place his efforts into any portfolio he is given by Persad-Bissessar

Entire Article http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161680120&weba=NWSNews

I reading this today and wondering how Fifa allowing this to work, but then again, we talking bout Jack Warner.  Blatter didn't stop him from being a parliamentary rep, so why would he stop him from being a minister?  I await to see who is brave enough to broach this with Fifa.

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 01:55:23 PM »
BULL SHITT!!!

:thumbsup:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 02:04:14 PM »

Proceeds of the game to .......????
dont miss the forest by looking at the trees.

....or don't miss the trees by looking at the forest.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 02:43:58 PM »
sounds like a fund raiser but for whom?

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 02:46:31 PM »
at this stage i'll take ANY friendly
Hart for president

Offline nutmegthruyuhleg

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • World Cup 2010
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 05:24:45 PM »
Picky fellas.

That is a match worth going to.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 05:39:37 PM »
I would love that game to happen also....especially with both teams calling a full squad and making this a two game home and away series... ;D

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 06:09:20 PM »
 ;D   I think we should forget Jamaica hosting the game right now and let it play in Port of Spain , this would be a good   preparation for the Digicel Cup . 8)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 07:16:25 PM »
TTFF have no foresight at all

That game should have been this weekend. I not sure Ja have a game this weekend but is a long weekend here. Most of the UK based are here, we could ah run a small camp before we send them on vacay during the world cup. It doh make sense to play any games after this weekend until after WC in reality.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 08:03:50 PM »

I reading this today and wondering how Fifa allowing this to work, but then again, we talking bout Jack Warner.  Blatter didn't stop him from being a parliamentary rep, so why would he stop him from being a minister?  I await to see who is brave enough to broach this with Fifa.
Tenorsaw
ya serious man?
as an esteemed poster on here told me once
  ... in some circles, you are allowed a certain level of ........... disrespect.  But if you are outside that circle, then you are not allowed the same leeway.
In other words
FIFA, Seap Bladder and Jack will not allow "Outsiders" (people who do not live the fifa lifestyle) to act that way.
Keep the Sharpers inside the FIFA family :devil:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:14:04 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

AirMan

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 08:45:47 AM »
TTFF have no foresight at all

That game should have been this weekend. I not sure Ja have a game this weekend but is a long weekend here. Most of the UK based are here, we could ah run a small camp before we send them on vacay during the world cup. It doh make sense to play any games after this weekend until after WC in reality.

I myself think it would be a bad strategy to have this game during World Cup..

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 07:17:07 AM »
BULL SHITT!!!

so jam is not an international team? are you kidding me?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2010, 10:12:05 PM »
*yawn*
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2010, 11:16:17 AM »
Our under 21 teams can play each other !!1
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 04:00:47 PM »
Our under 21 teams can play each other !!1
thats an idea!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2010, 05:09:03 PM »
TNT v Jamacia I'll believe it when I see it. Latas better get in the game before we slip down the rankings again

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2010, 05:29:26 PM »
ALL THE WORK FROM GERMANY HAS BEEN UNDONE AND THROWN DOWN THE DRAIN

1]; } ?>