March 28, 2024, 04:22:30 PM

Author Topic: Kamla Persad-Bissessar Thread.  (Read 202456 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kamla: Zero tolerance to crime in BUT ONLY next term
« Reply #1020 on: August 12, 2015, 05:13:41 AM »
Family you won't find them and no one will ever speak of them... Ask rowley or Kams if they could ever shut down drugs in the nation?

Big joke, not happening... How much men you want to dead?
So... What to do then? Just leave it let it happen?

Are you willing to die for change? Lay your life down? Are you ready to join a revolution?

Sad to say but thats exactly the point. To deal with it wont be pretty.

Imagine a person taking a serious hard line approach to crime. It might get to how Mexico is. Just like when tough decisions had to be made in the 80's and people didnt understand that it had to be done.

That's the thing brother.... People quick to say I'm anti PNM or unc.. Which is far from the truth... They're both the same... While the population gets wrapped up in partisan politics they ignore what really needs to be done... They are so caught up in political division that they forget the power in unity.... They are manipulated ...

If you want real change in Trinidad.. You can only achieve this with revolutionary ideas and actions... They may start off as non violent but may escalate into violence because you will be forced to protect yourself, your family and your fellow supporters..

There is no other way... Trinidad has not reached this point yet, because people are afraid to lose their lives... Afraid to do something radical...

So they complain and settle, accept docility ... They are easily manipulated that unc or PNM will solve their ills.. A misconception..

United as a people will solve their ills and bring change.. They lack the vision to see that...

So like I said before, are they ready to die for change, how far are they willing to go?
"THERE IS NO OTHER WAY... TRINIDAD HAS NOT REACHED THIS POINT YET, BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO LOSE THEIR LIVES...AFRAID TO DO SOMETHING RADICAL...

SO THEY COMPLAIN AND SETTLE, ACCEPT DOCILITY... THEY ARE EASILY MANIPULATED THAT UNC OR PNM WILL SOLVE THEIR ILLS...A MISCONCEPTION..."

this is absolute rubbish mate. the people in trinidad is afraid to lose their lives you say? it was less than 10 years of independence and trinidadians had already staged a coup on the government, and 20 years later they had staged yet another, now does that strike you as a people who is afraid to challenge the system?

political violence in trinidad is just an arms length away from realization if you ask me, and it seems even closer if this kind of negative campaigning continues with the death threats and the plotting to kill a prominent candidate. i was listening to keith rowley on line on the campaign trail where he stated that the prime minister was playing a very dangerous game when she delayed the election, used illegal measures to remove him from the parliament and incite racial sentiment amongst the east indian voters claiming that rowley is himself a bigot. he also stated that section 34 and state land distribution to wealthy financiers was a gross infringement on democracy as well as the constitution.

i will predict that if the PP government wins this election in five years things will only get worst in terms race relations and inciting political violence amongst the public, and we as a people need a leader who will extinguish these negative sentiments and restore some kind of decency and healing to the people before we cross the line of no return. in all honesty i see kamla and her ministers as enemies of the state who only craves power for personal gain. i hope she loses but i strongly doubt that she will given the latest sexual misconduct allegations against rowley. it's best for him to resigns as leader and let imbert or al rawi lead the party if they are to stand a chance.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:22:24 AM by pull stones »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1021 on: August 12, 2015, 03:06:17 PM »
Family you won't find them and no one will ever speak of them... Ask rowley or Kams if they could ever shut down drugs in the nation?

Are you willing to die for change? Lay your life down? Are you ready to join a revolution?

Imagine a person taking a serious hard line approach to crime. It might get to how Mexico is. Just like when tough decisions had to be made in the 80's and people didnt understand that it had to be done.

That's the thing brother.... People quick to say I'm anti PNM or unc.. Which is far from the truth... They're both the same... While the population gets wrapped up in partisan politics they ignore what really needs to be done... They are so caught up in political division that they forget the power in unity.... They are manipulated ...

If you want real change in Trinidad.. You can only achieve this with revolutionary ideas and actions... They may start off as non violent but may escalate into violence because you will be forced to protect yourself, your family and your fellow supporters..

There is no other way... Trinidad has not reached this point yet, because people are afraid to lose their lives... Afraid to do something radical...

So they complain and settle, accept docility ... They are easily manipulated that unc or PNM will solve their ills.. A misconception..

United as a people will solve their ills and bring change.. They lack the vision to see that...

So like I said before, are they ready to die for change, how far are they willing to go?
"THERE IS NO OTHER WAY... TRINIDAD HAS NOT REACHED THIS POINT YET, BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO LOSE THEIR LIVES...AFRAID TO DO SOMETHING RADICAL...

SO THEY COMPLAIN AND SETTLE, ACCEPT DOCILITY... THEY ARE EASILY MANIPULATED THAT UNC OR PNM WILL SOLVE THEIR ILLS...A MISCONCEPTION..."

this is absolute rubbish mate. the people in trinidad is afraid to lose their lives you say? it was less than 10 years of independence and trinidadians had already staged a coup on the government, and 20 years later they had staged yet another, now does that strike you as a people who is afraid to challenge the system?

political violence in trinidad is just an arms length away from realization if you ask me, and it seems even closer if this kind of negative campaigning continues with the death threats and the plotting to kill a prominent candidate. i was listening to keith rowley on line on the campaign trail where he stated that the prime minister was playing a very dangerous game when she delayed the election, used illegal measures to remove him from the parliament and incite racial sentiment amongst the east indian voters claiming that rowley is himself a bigot. he also stated that section 34 and state land distribution to wealthy financiers was a gross infringement on democracy as well as the constitution.

i will predict that if the PP government wins this election in five years things will only get worst in terms race relations and inciting political violence amongst the public, and we as a people need a leader who will extinguish these negative sentiments and restore some kind of decency and healing to the people before we cross the line of no return. in all honesty i see kamla and her ministers as enemies of the state who only craves power for personal gain. i hope she loses but i strongly doubt that she will given the latest sexual misconduct allegations against rowley. it's best for him to resigns as leader and let imbert or al rawi lead the party if they are to stand a chance.

there was only one coup... labour strikes, the uriah butler days are not what jamat took part in...

you brought up some good points but failed to address what i'm talking about...

TT citizens not going to lay their lives on the line to cleanse the nation... abu bakr even said himself the youths of today are not like the men of yesteryear so i don't know where you are getting these pipe dreams from...

whether rowley or kamla win it will be the same thing... they are puppets for the system.. if you think any different you are naive..

in all honesty i don't care who wins, what i do care about is our football team being funded well and making the wc... that's why i hate the partisan nonsense we are witnessing now...

revolution is a forbidden word in the 21st century when it comes to democracies..

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 12, 2015, 05:41:11 PM »

there was only one coup... labour strikes, the uriah butler days are not what jamat took part in...

TT citizens not going to lay their lives on the line to cleanse the nation... abu bakr even said himself the youths of today are not like the men of yesteryear so i don't know where you are getting these pipe dreams from...

whether rowley or kamla win it will be the same thing... they are puppets for the system.. if you think any different you are naive..

in all honesty i don't care who wins, what i do care about is our football team being funded well and making the wc... that's why i hate the partisan nonsense we are witnessing now...

revolution is a forbidden word in the 21st century when it comes to democracies..
you really do have a problem with reading comprehension dont you?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1023 on: August 12, 2015, 09:27:50 PM »

you really do have a problem with reading comprehension dont you?

No obviously you do.... We are not an arms length away from any uprising, that is rubbish.. You are accusing me of lack of comprehension because I refuted your point of view, that's your opinion and I have mine.. Both of us can be wrong or one of us can be right... Right now our perspectives differ

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: August 13, 2015, 11:22:46 AM »
I agree that this government (as was the previous government) is vulnerable to the charge of being impotent on crime. However, allyuh not fully representing what she stated.

Nonetheless, she look fuh dat. After serving a full term, her words ring hollow.

I agree - Flex's title is obviously showing where the bias may lie.. but..

Kamla is full of shit. She'd be better campaigning that she can do better than the PNM (which may/may not be a valid argument), but to suggest some "zero-tolerance" with all of the scandals, accusations, assassinations, and continued failure of the police service, justice, and prisons is an insult to our intelligence. She's had absolute instability in the Ministry of National Security (we've had what, 5 different ministers). We STILL don't have a police commissioner. The police commission is in shambles.

Are we that stupid?

it's best for him to resigns as leader and let imbert or al rawi lead the party if they are to stand a chance.
Oh gawd no... and I'm saying that even though Imbert is in my (very) extended family.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:42:28 PM by R45 »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 14, 2015, 06:24:49 AM »
Oh gawd no... and I'm saying that even though Imbert is in my (very) extended family.

ah know he could be real arrogant and does come off aloof most times, but rowley have he people as does manning, but other than winnin he seat Imbert doh seem to have "no people" per say....he dat undesirable as a leader......jus curious as to why EVERYBODY doh seem to like he head...other than to vote for him
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:26:34 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 15, 2015, 08:50:24 AM »

you are not fooling anyone with that lie. the way i see it is that you are a UNC apologist and the best thing for you to do is to own up to it instead of talking out the both sides of your mouth. for the little time i have been here you have done nothing but oppose and attack the PNM for past indiscretion yet you have never held kamla bissessar accountable for the gross mismanagement of the country's finances and her blatant disrespect for the constitution of the land. the present PNM under keith rowley has done nothing but expose the dishonest policies and treachery displayed by the present government lead by kamla and her crocked friends.

the way i view it is simple, dr rowley has no power over government affairs to make decisions on the way the nation is governed, but he does have a parliamentary power which does not extend beyond the parliament, but as far as cabinet decisions goes he is in the dark and has no say, so why even blame rowley and the PNM for the nations failure?

despite section 34, life sport, the demise of the foreign exchange policy, the dispersal of government land to friends and financiers, the leasing of the convention center, selling of the OPVs, the rape of the treasury all 400 billion of it, the firing of 24 cabinet ministers and mass corruption and nepotism in government, you have been mum on all them, yet the best you could come up with is to say that the UNC and the PNM are one and the same. for goodness sake man grow a pair and call a spade a spade and salvage some semblance of self respect, instead of dangling on the end of a bunch of strings.

:thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Kamla Persad-Bissessar Thread.
« Reply #1027 on: August 16, 2015, 05:51:28 AM »
Jack gets details of PM’s private liaisons...
By Renuka Singh (Guardian).

‘Too much hypocrisy’

Independent Liberal Party (ILP) leader Jack Warner is putting together another political bombshell—one that further intrudes into the private life of Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar. On Friday night, speaking at an ILP forum in Arima, Warner pledged to “do anything” to get Persad-Bissessar out of office. He mentioned then that he had a big “mark to buss” on her.

The Sunday Guardian has learned that the “mark” will come from the recording of a conversation he had with National Infrastructure Development Company Ltd (Nidco) communications manager, Ingrid Ishmael, in which Ishmael divulges confidential information on Persad-Bissessar’s private life, including past liaisons during her stint as leader of the opposition and while in office.

The Sunday Guardian obtained copies of taped conversations between Warner and Ishmael, which spoke about women said to be connected to the Prime Minister.

The women, according to the audio, allegedly shared a history with Persad-Bissessar and are now working in various ministries.

One of them, who is said to be favoured by Persad-Bissessar, was appointed to a consulate.

According to the audio, Ishmael, who claimed to have worked with Persad-Bissessar for 23 years, is willing to testify in court and swear on the Bible that what she is saying is the truth.

The Sunday Guardian yesterday contacted Ishmael to verify that it was her voice on the recording.

“Yes, I know what you are talking about,” she said.

“I don’t know how you plan to deal with this but what I said in that conversation with Mr Warner is the truth,” Ishmael added.

Ishmael said she worked closely with Persad-Bissessar when she was the then opposition leader and was privy to several aspects of Persad-Bissessar’s private life.

Ishmael said she worked with Persad-Bissessar as communications specialist at the Ministries of Education, Legal Affairs and Office of the Attorney General, as well as media relations officer at the Office of the Opposition Leader.

Ishmael said she has only now decided to break her silence because of her beliefs.

“I don’t believe a woman who prides herself on being the ‘mother of the nation’ but carries on like this in her private life should be given another chance in office. I cannot stand the hypocrisy of it at all,” she said. Ishmael confirmed that she turned to Warner to vent.

“I was there when they spoke about Mr Warner even when he was in the party and they referred to Mr Warner in the most degrading terms,” she said.

“That hypocrisy was too much,” she said.

“I do not push for fame. I work very hard. I am not doing this for any monetary nothing. I want my country back...”

While there is no date on the audio recording, the two talk about needing the information from the women involved “like yesterday,” as the election was “only four weeks away.”

The timing of Warner’s latest bombshell comes in the last few weeks of the United National Congress’ campaign for re-election. But at least one political analyst is questioning whether revealing information on a politician’s private life would have the desired outcome.

Just a week ago, news broke that former Express investigative journalist Anika Gumbs was “traumatised” by what she claimed were sexual advances by Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley.

Gumbs cited Rowley’s alleged behaviour as the reason behind her surprise resignation from the Express Newspaper.

Several calls and a text to Persad-Bissessar’s mobile phone went unanswered yesterday.

Political Analyst: Negative news could turn off key undecided voters

Analyst Mukesh Basdeo yesterday warned that while negative news about a politician’s private life may not affect loyal voters, it could turn off the key undecided voter.

“The idea of talking about the private lives of politicians is really to tarnish the public image of that politician. It is saying to the voters that this is the person behind that public image and to chip away at that,” Basdeo said.

“And obviously that could have an impact on the person vying for office.”

He said to alleviate this situation, the candidate-screening process must now move past the person’s viability for office and look at the person’s private life.

“It is now at the point where, like the US and the UK, we are holding persons in high office to a higher standard and we expect a certain type of behaviour from them because of the office they hold,” Basdeo said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1028 on: August 26, 2015, 05:18:30 AM »
Gypsy to start anti-Kamla campaign
By Richard Lord (Guardian)

Glad to be friends with Rowley, Jack

Winston “Gypsy” Peters yesterday resigned with immediate effect from Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s Cabinet, describing her as the “most ungrateful ingrate, if there was ever one, that I have ever met.”

Peters said he had made the decision because he could not in good conscience tell anyone to vote for Persad-Bissessar in the September 7 general election. He insisted, however, that it was not the end of his career in politics.

Peters made the announcement during a news conference at the Hyatt Regency, Port-of-Spain, where he finally broke his silence on his rejection as the United National Congress’ candidate for the People’s Partnership in this general election.

Businessman Rushton Paray was eventually nominated as the Mayaro candidate.

Peters later said on radio that the UNC was dying and it would lose the election. He also announced his immediate resignation as a member of the UNC.

“And as of today I have tendered my resignation from the United National Congress and I have also tendered my resignation as a government minister from Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s Cabinet. I have divorced myself from the UNC."

In explaining the reason for his decision, Peters said for the past year and a half, Persad-Bissessar and others in Mayaro and Rio Claro had been undermining him.

Former UNC chairman and government minister Jack Warner, who resigned from the party in 2013, was present for Peters’ news conference.

Peters, like Warner previously, yesterday claimed that he had been instrumental in Persad-Bissessar becoming Prime Minister and leader of the UNC. This is why he said he “could not in good conscience tell anybody to vote for Kamla Persad-Bissessar. I never thought this day would come when I would stand here and say that.”

He said he was also not saying this because he was an angry man.

“I am saying this because it is logical,” he added.

Peters, however, said he was yet to determine his future in terms of joining another political party.

“As of now, I haven’t made up my mind to join any political party but Keith Rowley has been a friend of mine. The last person I thought was my friend was Kamla Persad-Bissessar and she is not.”

He said Rowley was his friend because his mother had fed him when he went to Port-of-Spain from Mayaro years ago. But he said he was happy that Rowley would have made him an offer to join the People’s National Movement.

Warner then reminded Peters that Rowley’s offer was made after UNC deputy political leader, Housing and Urban Development Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal, said he (Peters) was from the bottom of the barrel.

Peters, in turn, said Moonilal would see that “the bottom of the barrel will come up and move him from where he is.”

Asked what role he would be playing in the next 12 days of the campaign, Peters said he would be encouraging electors not to vote for Persad-Bissessar.

Peters said he was not a member of Warner’s Independent Liberal Party (ILP), but Warner was his family and friend. He said it was Warner who had invited him to return to T&T and get involved in politics years ago.

Reflecting on his campaign to get former prime minister Basdeo Panday removed as UNC leader years ago, Peters said he was sorry for doing that now, adding that Panday was “much better than Kamla Persad-Bissessar.”

He said one of the “crimes” he might have committed was in 2013 when he went to Warner’s celebration party at the ILP’s office after he won the July 2013 Chaguanas West by-election.

“I will never turn my back on Mr Warner, I am not going to. Neither would I turn my back on Keith Rowley as his mother fed me,” Peters insisted.

He said Warner was not invited to the news conference yesterday, but noted he was a newspaper publisher.

‘Kamla one-man show’

Asked about the controversial Section 34 passage in Parliament yesterday, Winston “Gypsy” Peters said every MP had supported the legislation, which was part of the Administration of Justice (Indictable Proceedings) Bill and that he was comfortable with it.

The legislation was later repealed following an emergency sitting of the House of Representatives and the Senate.

Asked how would he now respond to claims he was a neemakaram, Peters said he would say, “It takes one to know one.”

On how he felt about having quit as minister and UNC member, Peters shouted, “I want to dance. I feel good.”

Peters was also asked if he would say, as he did in 1986 against George Chambers’ PNM, that the UNC ship was now sinking. He said he would say that it has water in it but he did not know if it would sink.

“Kamla Persad-Bissessar, as far as I am concerned, has become a one-man show and anytime people become that, it is time to give them a reality check and I think that she needs a reality check.”

He said Persad-Bissessar was “warm, but she is also a very deceitful person because anybody who can conceal that kind of deceit, there has to be some devious being living in you.”

Peters did not use the word cabal, but said, “There is an inner circle in the UNC and her inner circle helps to direct what her moves are.”

Earlier, Peters claimed that $5 million was paid by one person to become a UNC candidate. He also said after the screening exercise “seats were given to people to cover the wrong that was done somewhere else.” He indicated that one such example was the “putting Rodney Charles down in Naparima absurdity.”

Peters recalled Persad-Bissessar asking him if he would get vex if he were not chosen to contest the seat. Peters said he told her he would be very vex.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 27, 2015, 10:20:10 AM »
Gypsy strikes me as your classic bandwagonist. He will jump from ship to ship to whatever is flavour of the day to keep his little political office. Here's a man that was proven incompetent (caused the UNC to lose power in 2000 because he maintained dual citizenship), aligned himself with Ramesh/Jack to bring down Panday (I remember him referring to Panday and his slate as croonies at that time), and is now backtracking and pretending to have integrity now that he has no seat to contest.

Good calypsonian, but absolutely no leadership skills or integrity and doesn't belong in parliament for either the UNC/PNM or any other future party.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 08, 2015, 03:40:43 PM »
Kamla Persad Bisessar concession speech

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/r2U9dIQRLls" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/r2U9dIQRLls</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 08, 2015, 03:41:37 PM »

^^ How difficult was it for her to say Dr Rowley name and say congratulations to him. ah boy smh

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 08, 2015, 04:57:24 PM »

^^ How difficult was it for her to say Dr Rowley name and say congratulations to him. ah boy smh
Yeah, she come across as a sore loser in that speech. For all the adoration and devotion she gets from her supporters, I was surprised that she didn't even want to go to Rienzi and console and comfort her peepz. So much for standing united with yuh team. Yuh loss, so party mash up.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 08, 2015, 05:08:45 PM »
Pathetic ingratitude. The least she could have done was go and thank them.

This is why i ketching kicks whole day that the official vehicle couldn't start and she get embarrassed. No class whatsoever.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1034 on: September 09, 2015, 01:55:21 AM »
Kamla goes home in private car after election defeat
By Kevon Felmine & Yvonne Webb (Guardian)

Constituents upset

Members of the security detail guarding outgoing Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar yesterday came under fire for abandoning her after she lost Monday’s general election.

The claims came from members of her Penal constituency who questioned how the Special Branch officers allowed Persad-Bissessar to leave her constituency office in an unsecured private vehicle for her home at Phillipine, San Fernando, after she addressed supporters and said she would not go to the traditional Rienzi Complex, Couva, home base for a concession speech.

They also queried whether officers of the security detail who told her earlier that the official vehicle PM1 was not working had deliberately misled her. (See Page A6)

The concerns about what they called a clear security breach were raised after video footage circulated of Persad-Bissessar opening and entering a white Toyota car, licensed PDA 9309, in the absence of any of the Special Branch officers who normally accompany her.

Persad Bissessar, accompanied by her sister Vidawatie Newton and another unidentified person in the back seat of the vehicle, along with the civilian driver, then left minus any of the escort vehicles shortly after midnight when the crowd had left.

Eyewitnesses said after her concession speech she went into a private room and emerged some time later and headed for the white car which had reversed in front the official vehicle.

Persad-Bissessar was reportedly told the official vehicle was experiencing some ignition problems and would have to be towed away by a wrecker.

However, constituency officials said yesterday there were other vehicles in her detail which could have been used and it was very strange that PM 1, which is checked every day, experienced mechanical problems only upon her defeat.

One person who claimed to be an eyewitness alleged after she left in the private vehicle, PM 1 was driven off by Special Branch officers.

An eyewitness described what happened on the night:

“She came down the stairs looking depressed and distressed. There was no security around her. She greeted some people who had remained and shook their hands.

“She then headed towards the white car, which was reversed in front of PM 1. She walked towards it, opened the door, sat in the left back seat and closed the door herself.

“Her sister Wattie was seated on the right and there was another person in the middle. The driver was a civilian. They drove off without any police escort although there were some black jeeps on the road.

“After she left the officers jumped in the car and drove off. No wrecker towed it away.”

A senior officer from the Southern Division said yesterday he was alarmed at the claims as the Penal Police Station was next door to the Siparia constituency office but no one sought their help.

The officer said assistance could have been sought to take Persad-Bissessar home as she remained Prime Minister until People’s National Movement leader Dr Keith Rowley was sworn in later today. Following his swearing in, Persad-Bissessar will also continue to be afforded security for another three months.

Ex-PM: I told them to leave

Contacted yesterday, T&T Police Service head of corporate communications, Ellen Lewis, said claims that Special Branch officers attached to the PM’s security detail had abandoned their post were untrue.

Lewis said she spoke to Special Branch head, ACP Earla Christopher, who assured her officers were on the duty to escort Persad-Bissessar home.

“The official car experienced engine problems and it was understood the Prime Minister opted to travel home in the company of a relative and that vehicle was escorted by Special Branch personnel,” Lewis told the T&T Guardian.

“The Special Branch did not vacate the side of Mrs Persad-Bissessar. There is no truth to the allegation or the report that Special Branch officers vacated the side of the Prime Minister following the outcome of the general election.”

However, another official within the Police Service told the T&T Guardian Persad-Bissessar seemed to be upset at the election results and indicated to the officers she had no further need for their services.

The official said the officers refused to depart from her side and remained on site to ensure full security.

Contacted via text message yesterday, Persad-Bissessar too said she was not abandoned by the security detail. However, she confirmed she left in a private vehicle without a security detail.

“I told them they could leave as I had other transport. When they attempted to leave the car did not start. Seems the car wanted to stay,” she responded.

But attorney Subhas Panday said Persad-Bissessar was not authorised to instruct Special Branch officers to leave. He said only the head of the Special Branch could have made those decisions.

“She is still the substantive Prime Minister until 1.30 pm tomorrow (today) when Dr Rowley is sworn in. As a result, she ought to be in the protective custody of the State. Suppose someone had shot her in that unguarded moment?” he asked.

“In the circumstances the Special Branch should not have taken her on. They should have performed their duties and escorted her home. Protocol should have been observed,” he added.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: September 09, 2015, 11:27:28 AM »
Caricature found in the Barbados Nation of Sept. 9, 2015

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 09, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »
She really isn't doing much to help people who questioned her judgement and ability to lead for the past 5 years. She should have never requested the security to leave - if we had an emergency between the election night and Rowley's swearing in, she was still legally the Prime Minister. I think not showing up to Rienzi also showed poor leadership as the very least you can do after such a long campaign is show solidarity with folks that supported her. Leaders are judged by the actions they take.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 09, 2015, 02:32:32 PM »

This could get very interesting  :D

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #1038 on: September 10, 2015, 05:50:48 PM »
Ex PM Kamlier said she will be suing the EBC for extending the voting time,the same voting time she agree too when she was informed by the EBC. 

The ex PM is saying at 6 00pm the UNC was in the lead but because of the rain the EBC extended the voting  time to 7 00pm,  do you guys feel the UNC have a case here.

The ex PM feel the elections should be null on void .     

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 10, 2015, 06:24:51 PM »
Ex PM Kamlier said she will be suing the EBC for extending the voting time,the same voting time she agree too when she was informed by the EBC. 

The ex PM is saying at 6 00pm the UNC was in the lead but because of the rain the EBC extended the voting  time to 7 00pm,  do you guys feel the UNC have a case here.

The ex PM feel the elections should be null on void .     

The only thing that should be null and void is the ex PM. She needs to do her party a favour and resign and ride off into the sunset.

This is 5 elections in a row Kamla has now lost and she did criticised Mr Panday for the very same thing losing elections 4 times in a row as leader of the UNC and she has now outdone him. Does she have no shame?!!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:30:35 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 15, 2015, 10:52:45 AM »
Kamla tells Rowley congrats
Six days after polls.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20150913/news/kamla-tells-rowley-congrats

Almost a week after the People's Partnership was defeated at the polls by the People's National Movement (PNM), former prime minister and United National Congress political leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar has congratulated new Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley.

In a statement posted on her Facebook page yesterday, Persad-Bissessar said it is her hope that Rowley follows her lead, which is to use his office and power “for the betterment of people's lives”.
She noted: “Democracy truly is a precious thing and the result of an election is an expression of the will of the people. All persons who are elected should take those responsibilities very seriously indeed and I congratulate the hundreds of thousands of you who exercised your right to vote and made this possible.
“Again, I take this opportunity to congratulate my opponent Dr Keith Rowley on his victory.”
Persad-Bissessar, who had not previously acknowledged the PNM's success, went on to wish Rowley the best “for the sake of all our people”.

Noting that citizens of this country deserve competent and effective governance, Persad-Bissessar said she hoped the new government will continue the People's Partnership's legacy of performance and delivery.

She noted that she was proud of the many promises delivered during her government's term in office and pointed out that the People's Partnership left Trinidad and Tobago “in a far better position today than what we inherited in 2010”.
“I hope the new Prime Minister will use all that has been achieved thus far, and build on it so as to ensure that development continues,” she said.

“My passion was to serve in public office because I wanted to make a difference — because I want to make a difference and improve lives. As the saying goes, with power comes responsibility. I held office and power and used both for the betterment of people's lives. For the sake of our country, let us all hope Keith Rowley now follows that lead.”

Persad-Bissessar said while her party may not be in power, it will do its best to be patriotic citizens and an effective Opposition.
“Rest assured the United National Congress and the People's Partnership will be back stronger than ever before. In the meantime, we will do our patriotic duty as members of the Opposition and we will prepare a programme that puts people at the centre and our country at the front.”

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 15, 2015, 01:02:37 PM »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 15, 2015, 01:07:07 PM »
Frankly that might be a new low in the conceding an election loss that I can remember. When Panday lost the "moral and spiritual values" vote during the 18/18 deadlock (despite winning the popular vote), I think we saw an even more amicable acceptance of the situation.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 15, 2015, 04:55:32 PM »
Does this mean that she has finally accepted the voice of the people and will no longer be taking the EBC to court because she does not want to accept the reality that the general population has had enough of her corrupt government?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 16, 2015, 01:25:03 AM »
Does this mean that she has finally accepted the voice of the people and will no longer be taking the EBC to court because she does not want to accept the reality that the general population has had enough of her corrupt government?
my thoughts exactly, because you never know with this lady. is she through with the protest of the election or is she just talking for talking sake, is this a real concession speech? excuse me for asking this rhetorical question but the nation needs closure, and don't want this funk sprung up six months later.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 18, 2015, 06:19:30 PM »

Siparia MP Kamla Persad-Bissessar will be presented with her instruments of appointment as Leader of the Opposition on Monday. A release from President's House on Friday, confirmed that Persad Bissessar will be officially sworn in as Opposition Leader in a ceremony at The Office of the President in St. Ann's on Monday

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 22, 2015, 05:12:25 PM »
Ah know plenty people was wondering who will Kamla choose as Opposition Senators.

Former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Wade Mark, will be sworn in as an Opposition Senator tomorrow. Vasant Bharath, Wayne Sturge, Khadijah Ameen, Rodger Samuel and Danny Solomon are the other Opposition Senators.

Well well Wade Mark aint done yet oui

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 27, 2015, 02:27:00 PM »
well what we have here eh

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-09-26/tide-turning-against-kamla-unc?utm_content=buffer28326&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Former prime minister and Leader of the Opposition Kamla Persad-Bissessar is facing serious heat inside the party for the five losses at successive elections.

While the party has closed ranks after the latest defeat at the general election, the Sunday Guardian has been informed that UNC members are “disheartened” with Persad-Bissessar and are looking to vote against her in the long overdue internal elections.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:29:46 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tide turning against Kamla in UNC
« Reply #1048 on: September 27, 2015, 05:26:05 PM »
Tide turning against Kamla in UNC
By Renuka Singh (T&T Guardian)
Published: Sunday, September 27, 2015

Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar

Former prime minister and Leader of the Opposition Kamla Persad-Bissessar is facing serious heat inside the party for the five losses at successive elections.

While the party has closed ranks after the latest defeat at the general election, the Sunday Guardian has been informed that UNC members are “disheartened” with Persad-Bissessar and are looking to vote against her in the long overdue internal elections.

The Sunday Guardian has been reliably informed that Persad-Bissessar would be hard pressed to pull off an internal win given the sentiment in the party at this time. One insider said even the latest Persad-Bissessar led challenge of the election results is an attempt to “distract” from the losses at the polls. The Sunday Guardian understands that moves to undermine Persad-Bissessar began in the last year when party insiders realised the UNC was losing favour with the electorate.

“Look at the people who have been in high ministerial offices and let go, they were her main supporters inside the party. Who does she have inside here now?”

The insider named former attorney general Anand Ramlogan, former minister of the People Dr Glenn Ramadharsingh and former local government minister Chandresh Sharma among those who “had her back” inside the party.

Among those favoured to take over the reins of leadership are Vasant Bharath, Dr Roodal Moonilal and Mickela Panday whose father, former prime minister Basdeo Panday, founded the party.

Moonilal: We are not ready for internal until next year

While the Sunday Guardian was met with silence from several quarters, Moonilal said the UNC would not be ready for internal elections until next year.

“Right now we are really focused on the budget and then there is Christmas which brings the usual lull, so we would not be looking at the internal elections until after that which takes us into next year,” he said. Moonilal confirmed that there was some negative sentiment directed to Persad-Bissessar after the successive losses but denied that he was preparing himself to take over the party.

“I mean, if I am called upon to vie for leader and that depends on who is doing the calling too, then I would consider it,” he said.

He said right now the party was in “consolidation” mode.

“The internal election would receive our attention in due time,” Moonilal said.

Panday: Kamla cannot win, UNC was stolen and ruined

But while Moonilal did not say how he felt about Persad-Bissessar following the losses, former prime minister Basdeo Panday had no such problem.

“I think it’s obvious she cannot win an election. I think the people who are the UNC need to take back their party because it was stolen in 2010 and ruined,” Panday said.

Panday said the image of the UNC was damaged and now the party was seen as a “bunch of corrupt, incompetent, self-seekers.”

He said as it stood now, no one knew who were the real members of the party.

Despite his very negative view of the party he founded, Panday said he was not coaching his daughter to take over the helm.

“I have the fortune or misfortune of having children who are independent minded and cannot be coached,” he said. He said that his daughter would have his blessing if she chose to take over the UNC.

Several attempts to reach Mickela Panday were unsuccessful.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 28, 2015, 04:52:25 PM »

1]; } ?>