April 24, 2024, 10:40:36 PM

Author Topic: Kamla Persad-Bissessar Thread.  (Read 203924 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Kamla Persad-Bissessar first 100-days.
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2010, 08:56:17 AM »
I now talk to meh peeps in T&T is rel bacchanal thing.

-I hear Kamla want to get rid of GATE and just do the $1 for $1 in some form. They was debating to see if they could make the people who already benefit from the GATE to pay it back
-I hear she wants to stop the school feeding programme saying the students does only waste the food. They want to charge $6 everytime the students want to eat ah food.
-I hear she want to get rid of OJT saying it only wasting time and don't help anyone.

In the lead up to the election id real cash pass from the UNC.
-It have ah gyul who use to work in the court in Princes Town. The gyul link up with Jack during the elction campaign. Now the UNC win and she quit she job, driving bigger car and moving in to a new office somewhere in the North.

- Meh boy who sing that chutney song, "why yuh leave" get big car and rel flashing.
- One in meh sistren who was campaigning for the PNM and rel support for the candidate get ah $50,000 to switch party and convince the PNM supporters to do the same.
- Another PNM supporter who went to school with me and does work with the PNM youth in that area get ah $10,000 to switch.

Oh really?

I had a long talk with my peeps back home as well. Some of the things i heard were:

- That Kamla cut her swearing in ceremony short and ask excused to run down central to address the flood situation. Straight from the ceremony she zoom down the road and in her high boots on the ground.

- The very next day after the swearing in of Cabinet, Makandal Daaga is setting up a youth foundation in Laventille, because the government understands the need to change the mindset of the youths. He wants Russel Latapy on the board.

- Police officers going to be made to go out into the schools and the community to establish a more visible presence. Especially the schools because youths need to be looking up to them as role models instead of the gangsters and the gold chains etc..

- The flooding in Longdenville. A woman say something real strange going on because its the first time ever she seeing people wukkin in she life.. Normally, when it have flood is your ass to ketch.. But now is tent set up, sandwiches sharing from volunteers and people in they overalls and wukkin to clean up and assist..

- Kamla's first mandate to her cabinet... "You work for the people. You are not above the people. You are accountable to the people. Not for yourself. From now on you will be accessible to hear the needs of the people." Also a push to get rid of the "Afro-Trinidadian and Indo-Trinidadian" mentality deeply instilled in the populace and leave that as a thing of the past.

- Jack Warner vopping. The ODPM is a waste of time, people suffering in flood and the ODPM want to "assess the situation". He saying they should get rid of the ODPM and install something capable or more suited to reacting to a disaster. He talking about making use of the PBR to resolve the traffic situation and revamping licensing.. He going into the communities seeing how people living and making a mandate to change that. Now alot of these ideas need to be properly fleshed out but at the very least, the man trying something.. Which is not what I can say about the previous administration.

It was a long convo and these are just some of the things i heard.

My point is that I real glad that PNM didnt get back in power. The election was a choice between voting for the certain continued regress or voting for the uncertain. This here is the uncertain, but change is refreshing and change should be embraced.

Sometimes I read this site and I does just laugh. Many people here incapable of giving credit where credit is due and everything needs to be met with skepticism. Everything is ah cry down and especially from some foreign base who not on the ground to give a properly supported opinion.

29 constituencies (including some considered as safe) voted for this new administration, and last I checked how a democracy works is that the majority voice is the right decision.

I say give the people a chance, at the very least they willing to try something different. And if it don't work or when the shit surface then by all means lash dem hard.

truetrini

« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2010, 09:07:13 AM »
Dinho, is not often we does agree!  I with you 100% on this, and I remain a member of the PNM!

Things feeling better on the ground in T&T and the nation deserves that!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2010, 09:53:03 AM »
Sometimes I read this site and I does just laugh. Many people here incapable of giving credit where credit is due and everything needs to be met with skepticism. Everything is ah cry down and especially from some foreign base who not on the ground to give a properly supported opinion.

exactly!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2010, 10:44:05 AM »

exactly!

I thought that was dinho;s quote???

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2010, 11:30:23 AM »
I now talk to meh peeps in T&T is rel bacchanal thing.

-I hear Kamla want to get rid of GATE and just do the $1 for $1 in some form. They was debating to see if they could make the people who already benefit from the GATE to pay it back
-I hear she wants to stop the school feeding programme saying the students does only waste the food. They want to charge $6 everytime the students want to eat ah food.
-I hear she want to get rid of OJT saying it only wasting time and don't help anyone.

In the lead up to the election id real cash pass from the UNC.
-It have ah gyul who use to work in the court in Princes Town. The gyul link up with Jack during the elction campaign. Now the UNC win and she quit she job, driving bigger car and moving in to a new office somewhere in the North.

- Meh boy who sing that chutney song, "why yuh leave" get big car and rel flashing.
- One in meh sistren who was campaigning for the PNM and rel support for the candidate get ah $50,000 to switch party and convince the PNM supporters to do the same.
- Another PNM supporter who went to school with me and does work with the PNM youth in that area get ah $10,000 to switch.

Oh really?

I had a long talk with my peeps back home as well. Some of the things i heard were:

- That Kamla cut her swearing in ceremony short and ask excused to run down central to address the flood situation. Straight from the ceremony she zoom down the road and in her high boots on the ground.

- The very next day after the swearing in of Cabinet, Makandal Daaga is setting up a youth foundation in Laventille, because the government understands the need to change the mindset of the youths. He wants Russel Latapy on the board.

- Police officers going to be made to go out into the schools and the community to establish a more visible presence. Especially the schools because youths need to be looking up to them as role models instead of the gangsters and the gold chains etc..

- The flooding in Longdenville. A woman say something real strange going on because its the first time ever she seeing people wukkin in she life.. Normally, when it have flood is your ass to ketch.. But now is tent set up, sandwiches sharing from volunteers and people in they overalls and wukkin to clean up and assist..

- Kamla's first mandate to her cabinet... "You work for the people. You are not above the people. You are accountable to the people. Not for yourself. From now on you will be accessible to hear the needs of the people." Also a push to get rid of the "Afro-Trinidadian and Indo-Trinidadian" mentality deeply instilled in the populace and leave that as a thing of the past.

- Jack Warner vopping. The ODPM is a waste of time, people suffering in flood and the ODPM want to "assess the situation". He saying they should get rid of the ODPM and install something capable or more suited to reacting to a disaster. He talking about making use of the PBR to resolve the traffic situation and revamping licensing.. He going into the communities seeing how people living and making a mandate to change that. Now alot of these ideas need to be properly fleshed out but at the very least, the man trying something.. Which is not what I can say about the previous administration.

It was a long convo and these are just some of the things i heard.

My point is that I real glad that PNM didnt get back in power. The election was a choice between voting for the certain continued regress or voting for the uncertain. This here is the uncertain, but change is refreshing and change should be embraced.

29 constituencies (including some considered as safe) voted for this new administration, and last I checked how a democracy works is that the majority voice is the right decision.

I say give the people a chance, at the very least they willing to try something different. And if it don't work or when the shit surface then by all means lash dem hard.

lets just see where it goes...already i hearin grumblin in d COP but i cant say what bcuz only a limited amt of ppl know...leh we jus say dookeran is ah nastiness an kamla had tuh call ah man an say sorry bout 100 times!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2010, 12:17:49 PM »
Election again in 2 years. Promise. It eh no fight down thing. All of a sudden JW and them is upstanding citizens. Give me a freaking break yes. They spend all the money JW tief from the players to win an election and I should just support them because they talking a good talk?

Dinho give what credit? What have they done?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2010, 01:12:17 PM »
Election again in 2 years. Promise. It eh no fight down thing. All of a sudden JW and them is upstanding citizens. Give me a freaking break yes. They spend all the money JW tief from the players to win an election and I should just support them because they talking a good talk?

Like yuh eh get d memo sport and politics doh mix so d tiefin ah we players money is nutten. JW will put all d wrongs right.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2010, 01:29:08 PM »
all hail JW  ::)
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2010, 03:56:49 PM »
Rowley lashing Kamla's appointment of JW as a minister already as of Today. He said Kamla is a hostage to the Forces around her. :rotfl:  He most noted Jack Warner.  Dr. Rowley said he will write to the Integrity Commission to investigate whether Jack Warner can hold a ministerial position and still operate as part of FIFA's Executive on Monday.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2010, 04:02:14 PM »
Rowley lashing Kamla's appointment of JW as a minister already as of Today. He said Kamla is a hostage to the Forces around her. :rotfl:  He most noted Jack Warner.  Dr. Rowley said he will write to the Integrity Commission to investigate whether Jack Warner can hold a ministerial position and still operate as part of FIFA's Executive on Monday.
Rowley
ya wasting your time
That Commission cant interfer with FIFA business, and on this side of the Globe Jack is FIFA MAIN business

any how, FIFA loves Jack Warner
if you want anything to come of it, the whole of FIFA will have to change from Seap Bladder on down

what you could seriously try for is to ask ask Kamla to do a Forensic Audit of the dealings that the spetial advithor had with the TTFF, especially when it comes to support with Tax payers money
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 04:28:24 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2010, 04:21:16 PM »

Rowley cah take on FIFA stueps
Youtube Channel

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2010, 04:33:29 PM »

dat is not what he said.

he said he will write to d integrity commisision asking them if it is correct for a minister in d cabinet to have a job (paying or otherwise) on d outside. and that madame kamla has to account for his (JW) appointment.
he also said being a minister of cabinet is a 24/7 job and you are on call 24/7 and all your time should be devoted to doin d government's work

so he is not 'takin on' FIFA.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2010, 04:51:41 PM »

dat is not what he said.

he said he will write to d integrity commisision asking them if it is correct for a minister in d cabinet to have a job (paying or otherwise) on d outside. and that madame kamla has to account for his (JW) appointment.
he also said being a minister of cabinet is a 24/7 job and you are on call 24/7 and all your time should be devoted to doin d government's work

in that case
watch the ratchifee that FIFA and Jack go pull
FIFA go say he has suspended his FIFA roles
but i eh think that the government can do anything
but i hope they can
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2010, 05:21:04 PM »

dat is not what he said.

in that case
watch the ratchifee that FIFA and Jack go pull
FIFA go say he has suspended his FIFA roles
but i eh think that the government can do anything
but i hope they can

Why would this gov't do anything. Is like the judge charging himself for speeding.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2010, 05:44:06 PM »

lets just see where it goes...already i hearin grumblin in d COP but i cant say what bcuz only a limited amt of ppl know...leh we jus say dookeran is ah nastiness an kamla had tuh call ah man an say sorry bout 100 times!!
:rotfl:  :-\

u hearing or hoping?

----------------

men & women suffering serious political tabanka on this board yes. I didnt even bother to reply to elans post cause it wont make sense.
I realise most posters priorities are :
1. their massive ego first
2. soca warriors 2nd
3. political Party 3rd
4. country (trinidad & tobago ) 4th

and I not sure where race fits in as the order may vary with some.

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2010, 08:19:49 PM »
Rowley should hush he c@nt!! patrick was ah bandit , but yet, he still ran on the PNM ticket! if rowley was true to form and serious about the politics and the country, then he woulda run on the independent ticket.

as for JW, despite his all ill dealings wid the TTFF, FIFA and the SW players owed, i believe JW is ah very good administrator. yes i said it!!

and should be left alone tuh do the job. i also believe it way too early tuh start criticizing the PP when the country needs tuh heal first and foremost, and rowley and dem should take ah chill pill and leave the opposing for later when it's truly warranted.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2010, 08:59:38 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong... but aren't YOU "foreign base" as well?  What makes YOUR opinion more "properly supported" than anyone else's??  Or is it the issue more the criticism than the zip code from which it originates?

The majority of Germans voted the Nazis into power.  A majority of Southerners voted to keep blacks in subservient positions under Democratically passed Jim Crow laws... or wait, we shouldn't question dem kinda tings because "de majority" say so?

So to be clear... yuh asking fuh ah moratorium on criticism of de new government because what... they 'new'??  We should ignore de stench coming from Jack and Volney because they put on new clothes?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2010, 09:15:14 PM »
I can't understand why I should celebrate 'initiatives' that are nothing more than verbiage at this point. And yes sammy I put my country first, that why I won't be critical of the new administration because all they have done is to say what they plan to do.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2010, 09:44:29 PM »

u hearing or hoping?

----------------

men & women suffering serious political tabanka on this board yes. I didnt even bother to reply to elans post cause it wont make sense.
2. soca warriors 2nd
3. political Party 3rd

You should change yuh name from 'Sammy' to 'Tammy'... because dai'z just how yuh acting, like ah blasted UNC tampon.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2010, 10:21:10 PM »

u hearing or hoping?

----------------

2. soca warriors 2nd
3. political Party 3rd

You should change yuh name from 'Sammy' to 'Tammy'... because dai'z just how yuh acting, like ah blasted UNC tampon.

:applause:  u feeling good now? I know u does feel really big about yourself when u insult others. I glad i cud give u a lil charity in the form of happiness.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 10:47:44 PM by sammy »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2010, 10:46:07 PM »
Rowley should hush he c@nt!! patrick was ah bandit , but yet, he still ran on the PNM ticket! if rowley was true to form and serious about the politics and the country, then he woulda run on the independent ticket.

as for JW, despite his all ill dealings wid the TTFF, FIFA and the SW players owed, i believe JW is ah very good administrator. yes i said it!!

and should be left alone tuh do the job. i also believe it way too early tuh start criticizing the PP when the country needs tuh heal first and foremost, and rowley and dem should take ah chill pill and leave the opposing for later when it's truly warranted.

what i cant understand is that ppl not willing to give the new govt a chance. They have been in power for 1 week but ppl doing like they in power for a year. If they do shit, they let us all lambast them and chase them with torches and pitch forks, but come on, instead of hoping/praying that this government does things that make t&t better, they hoping they break apart so they cud bring back this pnm. PPL WISHING the PP fail and the country get worse so they can say that were right.

PPl saying how i is UNC and this and that , but is so they dotish cause they miss the point that the last govnt didnt cut it, and we need a change. If we never change leaders, then they will do us what they want. How can we really let these leaders know that we mean business if we dont fire them? Keep burning tyres?

I SURE I USED TO GET MORE MONEY DIRECTLY FROM PNM GOVMT THAN MOST ON THIS BOARD, BUT COME ELECTION DAY I HAD TO MAKE A CHOICE BETWEEN ME CONTINUING TO BENEFIT, OR GIVING THE COUNTRY A CHANCE TO BENEFIT FROM A CHANGE IN LEADERSHIP but I is UNC right?

Right now the PNM cant find a leader, but man want the PP to fall apart. Who go lead the pnm -rowley? the hero who start to sing cause he get he throat buss? steups. Rowley bring down the govt so he cud take over. How can we trust a man who will bring the country to its knees so he can get power from his own colleague?

(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2010, 12:05:52 AM »
:applause:  u feeling good now? I know u does feel really big about yourself when u insult others. I glad i cud give u a lil charity in the form of happiness.

« Reply #80 on: Today at 12:21:10 AM »

« Last Edit: Today at 12:47:44 AM by sammy » 

Yuh like that next forever-editing nannyhole West Coast... 26 mins to think about it again and dai'z de best yuh could come up with?

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2010, 12:27:28 AM »
Why would this gov't do anything. Is like the judge charging himself for speeding.

ha ha ha big tune

heself tell heself you are charge for speeding
heself start to shout de policeman lying  :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2010, 07:08:10 AM »

« Reply #80 on: Today at 12:21:10 AM »

« Last Edit: Today at 12:47:44 AM by sammy » 

Yuh like that next forever-editing nannyhole West Coast... 26 mins to think about it again and dai'z de best yuh could come up with?

yeps.... i eager u see your next reply.
(Muslim)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2010, 07:21:22 AM »

u hearing or hoping?

----------------

2. soca warriors 2nd
3. political Party 3rd

Sammy go f&*^$k yourself!!!!... >:( >:(

You are the only patriot on here right??  Because yuh government in power all thanks to Jack Warner one of the most corrupt men in T&T, we mustn't say anything right??

Because he treated a group of 16 men who dared to stand up to him like shit and SOME of us on here decided to call him out, we are not patriots right??

Because you want to be the blind to the facts that face you, and we choose not to be blind but to call BS, we are not Patriots right??

Again I say...

GO INSIDE YUH LATRINE AND F#$%^K YOURSELF!!!!.... >:( >:(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2010, 08:31:49 AM »

u hearing or hoping?

----------------

2. soca warriors 2nd
3. political Party 3rd

Sammy go f&*^$k yourself!!!!... >:( >:(

You are the only patriot on here right??  Because yuh government in power all thanks to Jack Warner one of the most corrupt men in T&T, we mustn't say anything right??

Because he treated a group of 16 men who dared to stand up to him like shit and SOME of us on here decided to call him out, we are not patriots right??

Because you want to be the blind to the facts that face you, and we choose not to be blind but to call BS, we are not Patriots right??

Again I say...

GO INSIDE YUH LATRINE AND F#$%^K YOURSELF!!!!.... >:( >:(

wow - i sincerely apologize to u that my uttering hurt u feelings  :-\ .

please read my follow up post to understand y i said what i did.

PS i done with talking bout politics yes. (for now)  ::)

(pss....it harder than i thought to stay out a politics yes - i eh last 5 mins -maybe i cud cut down )
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 09:00:37 AM by sammy »
(Muslim)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2010, 08:39:20 AM »
hear nuh
It is just amazing that you have believed your 3 little friends and decided that your focus will turn to me
Man grow up
but, I know and you know, it is not Politically correct to not do what you do
allya real sad........real sad
Your next pardna does point it out to his FEEBLEMINDED friends every time I mess him up
allya does be real sad in truth
Be Happy man Be very Happy.....obviously you have many feebleminded friends who think like you
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2010, 08:43:09 AM »

u hearing or hoping?

----------------

2. soca warriors 2nd
3. political Party 3rd

one of the COP's candidates family is close to mine..it came out of his own mouth...not hearsay...that is why i cant speak of it because it can be traced back to me..

truetrini

« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2010, 08:51:58 AM »
Sammy, yuh dead wrong about Rowley!  dead wrong.  Rowley got his throt slit because he took care of the people's business!   HE WAS SPEAKING OUT IN THE CABINET!   questioning discisions that were made outside the cabinet and was unceremoniously dumped.

He was attached at maligned and he defended himself.  he was called wajang, accused of stealing 10 million etc. and above it all he was exonerated and came out clean.

He did not start talking AFTER his throat was cut, he spoke out and then his throat was cut!

Come again!

1]; } ?>