April 25, 2024, 02:05:56 AM

Author Topic: Kamla Persad-Bissessar Thread.  (Read 203939 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kamla Persad-Bissessar Thread.
« Reply #990 on: June 18, 2015, 08:08:12 AM »
There are some hilarious memes floating around regarding KPB and the "mariwarner".

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 18, 2015, 11:30:52 AM »
There are some hilarious memes floating around regarding KPB and the "mariwarner".

Post them nah
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 18, 2015, 06:24:51 PM »
Watch nah- as per all issues in TnT , this too will pass and be unresolved  or as the usual MO , this too will  blamed on the PNM 🌿🌿
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 09:17:27 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #993 on: June 19, 2015, 02:05:23 AM »
PM says ‘Christian’ lives next door: Jack delusional
By Sascha Wilson (Guardian).

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar says she has a neighbour named Christian Gokool but to her knowledge he has never received any Government contracts.

Also responding to Independent Liberal Party leader Jack Warner’s questions on whether there were at least three drug finds in 2013  at he home at Philippine, San Fernando, Persad-Bissessar said Warner was “delusional.”

She said so yesterday as she responded to Warner’s claims, at a cottage meeting at Embacadere, San Fernando, on Wednesday night.

During his speech, Warner spoke about the 2013 alleged marijuana find and questioned whether there were more than what was confirmed by the police. He also gave Persad-Bissessar two weeks to tell the nation who “Christian” was.

Interviewed by reporters following the sod-turning of the Housing Development Corporation and Republic Bank’s Carlton Lane Housing Project yesterday, Persad-Bissessar said Warner needed to be more specific because she knew several “Christians”.

“I do not know which “Christian” he is speaking about so we await his words,” she first said.

But asked by reporters if Warner may have be referring to Christian Gokool, she said: “Oh yes, that name is familiar to me. In fact, Christian Gokool is my neighbour at the Philippine residence, one of the properties next door belongs to him, his father and his wife.”

Asked if Gokool was a recipient of Government contracts, she replied: “Not to my knowledge that Mr Gokool has received any government contract. I am not aware of any such contract.”

Told that Warner was also questioning whether marijuana was in fact found three times on her premises and not once as confirmed by the police, Persad-Bissessar said:

“Mr Warner is delusional, quite frankly. There is something that says he who alleges must prove and I await Mr Warner to prove any of the allegations that he has made.

“If it is that the police have reported something was found there fine, the police is investigating that, go ahead.

“Mr Warner said I was in New York (April) 12 (2013). I could hold up my passport to you and show I left the country on the (April) 14 (2013), so now he is shifting the goalpost at every single moment, shifting the dates. I think he is delusional, quite frankly.”

She suggested that reporters ask Warner why he resigned the day after she returned to the country.

But speaking at a political meeting in La Brea last night, Warner again stuck to his guns on the claim, saying he had given the PM two weeks to say who Christian is or he would. He said if the People’s Partnership believed he was bluffing they could wait until the time passed and he would deliver the bombshell if they did not.

Resignation claim false

Persad-Bissessar also denied asking Warner if she should resign after the marijuana was allegedly found.

“Of course not. I have gone through five years of office with people calling upon me to resign every day. Would I ask someone if I should resign? No... totally not true.”

Reiterating  she was not aware of the marijuana find in 2013, she said when the report came about it she felt horrified and very disturbed.

“The report speaks to a point in my premises which is like hundreds of yards away. it is way out.

“I have no control of that part of my premises, no direct control. It is in fact under the control of police, soldiers, other workers, Special Branch... they have control of those portions of the premises,” she added.

Told that Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley had said the easiest way for her to end that was to say she did not smoke marijuana, she was asked if she ever smoked marijuana.

“I think he might be high when he asked that question,” she replied.

Persad-Bissessar also said people were not foolish and she did not believe anyone in the country thought Warner could become prime minister but noted the people would decide on September 7.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 19, 2015, 07:13:36 AM »
Regardless of political will and party affinity, I believe that all due respect  usa be accorded to the office of PM. It appears that this is lacking ,we have taken to liberties to address the person in office like we do a friend; the media  has propagated in part a public shaming of elected individuals in the manner i which stories are revealed .

I believed that if the text of our PM 's victory speech could be published, one would read of great hope , great promises anda vision of a unified TnT .five years later under this current leadership the Right Honourable leader has failed to live up to these ideals- the weight  of Mao practice, incompetence and poor judgements by some of those supportive  ministers have tarnished of what could have been a defining legacy of our first female PM . I was open and willing to accept that this promise of change would uplift and stand up to corruption,crime and transformTnT as a safe nd desirous destination for many to grace its shores and for some to return  and contribute to our proud history. Today I have not seen ou Right Honourable leader  successfully taken  a stance of accountability and demand resolutions of  grave criminal activities which continue to cast a shadow upon the island. Firing ministers and replacing them are mere acts or attempts of managing incompetency Anderson of judgement in putting them in positions of authority without truly assssing competency and  integrity .

Today, whatever nd however we judge,we must first consider the weight of leadership nd the office of PM. If the robe does ot fit, time to do the dignify thing and respectfully decline the next elections

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 19, 2015, 09:00:05 AM »
Kristyan Unmasked
By Anika Gumbs and Nikita-Braxton-Benjamin (Trinidad Express).

Kristyan has been unmasked.

Corruption accused Jack Warner threw out the question “Who is Kristyan” to Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar on Wednesday night at a political meeting in San Fernando.

Kristyan was spelled “Christian” in newspaper reports yesterday.

Warner said: “Kamla for your sake and the country sake, tell them who is Kristyan. That is all. Tell the country who is Kristyan, Kamla. I go further to tell you to tell Jit Hardeen, a special reserve police officer, ask him to tell us who is Kristyan because if she does not and he does not in two weeks' time I will.”

Kristyan, whose surname is Gokool, is the neighbour of Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, and the owner of a $6 million property her husband Gregory Bissessar lost in a family dispute 12 years ago.

Persad-Bissessar revealed Kristyan Gokool's identity to the media yesterday.

Speaking with reporters following a sod-turning ceremony for a housing project in San Fernando, Persad-Bissessar said she was aware of “several Christians”.

She said, “The Pope is a Christian and he is in the news right now ... If Mr Warner would be so kind as to specify which of the Christians he's speaking about, we'll be happy to speak further on it.”

Asked by a reporter if she knew the name Kristyan Gokool, Persad-Bissessar said: “Oh yes, that name is familiar to me. In fact, Kristyan Gokool is my neighbour at the Phillipine residence, one of the properties next door to us belongs to him and his father and grandfather.”

Asked if Gokool had ever received any Government contracts. Persad-Bissessar said, “Not to my knowledge.”

When the Express contacted Gokool yesterday, he said: “ I was unaware it was me Mr Warner was referring to.”

Gokool is the son of businessman Daniel Gokool who is listed as a director of Danny Enterprises, and the twin brother of Kristoff.

The company is on record as receiving state contracts.

Next door neighbours

Gokool's mansion is situated on two lots of land next door to the private residence of Persad-Bissessar at Estate Drive, Phillipine, in south Trinidad.

The deed for the Estate Drive property list Gokool, 35, of Papourie Road, Lengua Village, Barrackpore as purchasing the multi million-dollar property on November 22, 2012 without a mortgage.

Court records show the two lots formed part of a one-acre 20 perches parcels of land that was purchased by Bissessar for $85,000 in 1990.

However, a family dispute ensued, and by consent order Bissessar's brother—Lenin Bissessar and his wife Ukie—became the new owners of the two lots of land in 2003. Two years later, British couple Achillea and Catriona Achilleous bought the land from Lenin and Ukie Bissessar for $1 million and built a four-bedroom mansion.

The Achilleous family, however, placed the mansion on the market for sale in 2012, asking for $6.5 million.

More than one property

The mansion is not the only property Gokool is listed as purchasing along Estate Drive.

Gokool also purchased a $3.1 million parcel of land that is located obliquely the mansion along Estate Drive.

The parcel of land measuring .4988 hectares was purchased on December 19, 2013 from John Dos Ramos of Santa Cruz.

Gokool did not secure a mortgage for the purchase of the land either which is still vacant.

The Express caught up with Gokool on February 26, 2015 at the Barrackpore address where he lives with his wife, attorney Keisha Manohar, 33, and their two children along with his parents (Daniel and Indrawatee Gokool).

Asked how the mansion and land were paid for, Gokool said: “I did not take a mortgage. My wife is an attorney. I am 35 years and my parents helped me to buy it. I got married in October 2012.

“I sell stones. I buy land and sell with whatever I get from my father who is a director in Danny's Enterprises Ltd. I work sometimes with my dad and they helped me. My wife's parents helped us also.

“I know everybody trying to sling mud right now. I know you have your job to do. From the moment I bought the house people started to talk. If I had taken a mortgage it would have taken 25 years to repay it.”

As to when his wife was called to the Bar, his wife, Keisha Manohar who was present during the interview said: “In 2009.”

Our parents helped us

Gokool added: “Our families contributed. We also got money from the wedding plus our parents helped us.

“The house was for sale and I was looking to purchase land in Dow Village, Otaheite. Someone was selling six acres of land but they wanted too much for it. I was then informed of this house at Estate Drive.

“We found out the price and the people agreed to sell and I ended up buying it.

“I recently got married and we had our first daughter who is turning two this year. It was hard to see about a newborn baby.

“It was my parents' first grandchild and they asked us to stay here with them so I fixed up the house at (Estate Drive) and then two years later we have another child (ten-weeks old); that is how I am still here. It is kind of hard because my newborn baby got sick.”

Regarding the purchase of the land Gokool said he was alerted to the sale by a sign.

“The piece of land for sale was 53,000 square feet. When I was passing I saw the sign and they asked for $3.1 million. When I did my calculations it was around $57 per square foot so I thought that was a good deal because land is selling for $200 per square foot. I ended up buying it for the $57 per square foot and I am trying right now to sell it back because people are developing the area. I want to sell it back for $100-plus per square foot,” Gokool said.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:02:04 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: June 19, 2015, 03:20:27 PM »

:o :o  Speak Out T&T on FB

Gary Griffith on Kamla

"Not one day in her five years as Prime Minister has that woman been to work on a Monday , Tuesday , Wednesday. You want to run the country and have a five day weekend? We have enough ammo on that woman that she can't play hard ball on us." - Gary Griffith speaking to Jack Warner about the PM

See link https://www.facebook.com/SpeakOutTnT/posts/842389419181186?fref=nf

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 19, 2015, 03:44:18 PM »

:o :o  Speak Out T&T on FB

Gary Griffith on Kamla

"Not one day in her five years as Prime Minister has that woman been to work on a Monday , Tuesday , Wednesday. You want to run the country and have a five day weekend? We have enough ammo on that woman that she can't play hard ball on us." - Gary Griffith speaking to Jack Warner about the PM

See link https://www.facebook.com/SpeakOutTnT/posts/842389419181186?fref=nf

so basically GG confirming that we have at least 1 civil servant wuking  2 days a week!  ;)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 20, 2015, 03:58:25 AM »

Post them nah

Been trying to, but I can't get them to stick. Will try again.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #999 on: June 25, 2015, 01:56:34 AM »
He vowed to bring down PP.
By Yvonne Webb (Guardian).

PM offers reason for Jack’s attack...

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar says her party’s former chairman, now “arch nemesis,” Independent Liberal Party (ILP) leader Jack Warner, cried like a baby when she demanded his letter of resignation in 2013 and instructed him to clear his name. But she asserted she was a strong woman and all of his current lies and fabrications against her would not make her cry.

“I tell you, this woman no cry. This woman will not cry, will never cry,” she said as she boasted of her strength as a woman during a United National Congress cottage meeting in the Oropouche East constituency on Tuesday night. Revealing details previously unknown to the public, Persad-Bissessar said when she demanded Warner’s resignation after the Sir David Simmonds’ Concacaf report, he (Warner) asked for seven more days but she refused.

“He swore he will do everything he could to take down my Government but we have stood strong. We have stood tall and we will continue to stand,” she said. The PM’s statement came hours after Warner released another tape at a press conference in Port-of-Spain, which he claimed allegedly told of “sleaze, graft, corruption, sexual misconduct and misbehaviour in public office” arising out of an alleged incident at the Diplomatic Centre in 2013.

Shrugging off Warner’s allegations once again, the PM said her strength and gender, plus the fact that she fired him, had him angry and delusional. “I formed a government in 2010 and I did my best to ensure that we delivered and when ministers failed they were sacked. I do not apologise for that.

“I am a woman and I am strong. He cannot handle that. The first female prime minister I am of this very great nation and so he resents my gender, he does not respect the office I hold and that is not an insult just to me, it is an insult to the people of Trinidad and Tobago and every woman of Trinidad and Tobago,” she added.

She said he was delusional “because he knows for a fact that he cannot overthrow me and I have refused every of his attempts to control and to influence me.” Saying she was fed up with the “gruesome twosome”—Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley and Warner—Persad-Bissessar said she was ready to fight them both “any time, anywhere, any day and beat them.”

She said she would stand and fight like a mother whose child was in danger for her country. She said she would not play into their hands and be distracted by their lies and allegations.

Kamla Not afraid of attacks

Persad-Bissessar said her focus ahead of the September 7 general election would be on issues, rolling out her Government’s plans, policies and programmes to continue to build a new Trinidad and Tobago. She said the People’s National Movement (PNM) had no plans or programmes, that is why they were fabricating lies and allegations against her Government which had outperformed every single government in the history of T&T.

Taking a cue from Warner, Persad-Bissessar took off the gloves and took aim at her former Cabinet colleague and “his sidekick Mr Rowley”, saying their stories were becoming more bizarre, wild and delusional each week but she will not play out their script. “My lawyers will deal with their lies and fabrications. I will not play into their script because this is now becoming like ‘stay tuned.’

“You remember the series on TV, Peyton Place? They say ‘Stay tuned next week... coming soon to a theatre near you’ is the latest in the episode in the series of a man on the list of the most wanted men in the world,” she added.

She told the audience, which included former finance minister Gerald Yetming and  former Senate president Timothy Hamel-Smith, that Warner, “is like a Jack in a box who is trying to jump out of the box and that box is that he must answer for racketeering, he must answer for wire fraud transfer, he must answer for money laundering and those charges are not by us here, those charges come from every country around the world.”

She had the audience laughing when she said she had one good thing to say about Warner and that was he did not discriminate. “He does not discriminate. He took money from every continent in the world, including right here in the Caribbean... from Haiti,” she said. Saying her Government will win the September 7 election and her seat will be the first to be declared for the UNC, she also took aim at Rowley, saying he was bitter because she fought him with the Emailgate matter and cleared her name.

She called on Rowley to clear the air on the statement attributed to the Laventille PNM candidate Fitzgerald Hinds about “people like alligators in a lagoon.” “You never condemned the Calcutta ship statement in Tobago and now today your members are speaking about alligators in a lagoon. “Well, let me tell you, I planted rice, like many of you, in a lagoon. It doesn’t matter where you come from, what matters is where you are going and where you are,” she added.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1000 on: June 25, 2015, 03:00:38 AM »
Kamla fed up of ‘gruesome twosome’
By LAUREL V WILLIAMS (Newsday)

EVEN as she declared being fed up of the “gruesome twosome” team of PNM leader Keith Rowley and ILP leader Jack Warner, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar says she will not be distracted as she leads the People’s Partnership into battle for a second term in power.

Speaking at a cottage meeting on Tuesday night at the Oropouche East constituency office in Debe she told supporters that recently, there have been more wild, bizarre and delusional claims by Warner, which are echoed by his sidekick, Rowley.

“I am sorry for all the people who have ever met me in my 40 years of service to this country. You will all be accused by Jack and Keith, the gruesome twosome, of impropriety and wrongdoing just because you speak to me, just because you happen to meet me somewhere, just because you happen to live near me. I am sorry for all my neighbours,” Persad-Bissessar said.

On Warner, who is wanted in the US on charges of fraud, bribery and racketeering, she said he is like a jack-in-a-box, trying to jump out with spurious claims.

Throwing some picong, the PM noted Warner does not discriminate, getting his hands on money on every continent in the world even right in the Caribbean... from Haiti. The kind of language he now uses, she noted, is one of Jurassic Park and the dinosaur age which has long gone.

“His utterances are becoming more incredible, more far fetched and more bizarre. He will do for himself...the truth always prevails,” Persad-Bissessar said. Saying she fears neither Warner nor Rowley, Persad-Bissessar anticipated more accusations by the duo.

“I may be accused of knowing the sister of the cousin of a friend who is involved in the assassination of President Kennedy. Who knows. Perhaps, I will be accused of being in a safe house owned by someone who once met someone, who knew someone, who was a villain in Scooby Doo,” she said.

Turning to governance, she boasted that 90 percent of the 2010 manifesto was fulfilled.

“This is a job that I have worked in 24/7. I have never in my five years of office taken vacation. I took a couple days of sick leave. I take my job and responsibility very seriously. I know that I hold this job to serve the people,” she added.

Saying one must not play politics with people’s lives, the PM gave supporters two choices when deciding to cast their votes on September 7. “It is either Warner and Rowley’s poison or Kamla’s plan for a better tomorrow. That is your choice!”

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 25, 2015, 06:52:33 AM »
Steups- she fed up- look at how convenient it is now for her to play the " victim" role! Looking for sympathy by claiming the opposition against me and attacking me or my gender!

What does Mr. Rowley or PNM have to do with  the incompetence and poor decisions made? Reflect on the lack of plans this government had coming in to office ; reflect on all they did was to blame PNM for everything they could not resolve!
Look somebody play that Kaiso " Go Nah"

Frankly I am tired and ashamed to see the great depths of mediocracy that TnT has fallen to under this government . This daily mudslinging shows a callousness disregard for personal Integerity.  Matters held in confidence are now  shared in public- dirty linen is now open for public consumption - for what purpose?
Mr.Rowley doh take the bait - rise above all this bs

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1002 on: June 26, 2015, 02:06:34 AM »
Jack on Kamla’s statement: No tears from me
T&T Guardian Reports.

Independent Liberal Party (ILP) political leader Jack Warner says statements made by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar that he cried when he was asked to leave the government in 2013 are false.

Addressing supporters at an ILP cottage meeting in Indian Walk, Moruga, on Wednesday night, Warner said he never cried. While speaking to United National Congress (UNC) supporters in Debe on Tuesday, Persad-Bissessar said Warner cried when asked to leave office in 2013.

“She said I cried. The only time I remember any tears between Kamla and me was when she was crying in Cabinet over Reshmi. She was saying she had been set up,” Warner said.

He was referring to the appointment of Reshmi Ramnarine, a junior technician, to lead the Strategic Services Agency, a covert unit set up in 2011 to monitor criminal activities. Ramnarine was later fired because she was unqualified for the job.

“Cabinet had to be adjourned. If you see ‘snatty’ nose. She was crying. That was the only tears between Kamla and me,” he said. Warner said he volunteered to leave the government and was not asked to do so as Persad-Bissessar previously said.

“I cried? When I came out of Kamla office, I met (Roodal) Moonilal, Suruj (Rambachan) and Chandresh Sharma by the door. I said hi and bye and I left. I said to her I will leave and therefore to say I cried is not true,” he said.

Responding to Persad-Bissessar’s statement’s that he was attacking her because she is a woman, Warner said: “She says she is being attacked because she is a woman, well I never heard about so much foolishness but I know as an old hunter...male manicou, female manicou, same shot...when you in the bush you don’t say that manicou will escape because it’s a female.”

Warner said Persad-Bissessar opened her life up to criticisms when she became Prime Minister. “If anybody is delusional is Kamla not me. My friends know what I drink, when I drink and where and that is all I will say.”

What PM Said

Speaking to United National Congress’ (UNC) supporters in Debe on Tuesday night, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar said Warner cried when he was fired from her government in 2013.  “Mr Warner came to the Diplomatic Centre, the same centre he is now maligning with his lies, with a letter of resignation. He gave me the letter which I still have, he was resigning from the government and he cried, he cried that night.

“He knew the David Simmons report was coming out the very day when I was out the country, so he took front with it, came and cried and said ‘Hey if you want this I’ll give it to you, keep it whatever.’”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1003 on: July 31, 2015, 01:57:29 AM »
PM: I don’t smoke weed
By Anna Ramdass (Express).

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar said last night that she does not smoke marijuana.

And she is considering creating a Ministry of Defence in her new term if she is re-elected on September 7.

She was speaking during what was dubbed a “leadership exchange” at the studios of state owned Caribbean News Media Group (CNMG) where she fielded questions from a panel comprising of political analyst Derek Ramsamooj, economist Dr Morgan Job and former People’s National Movement (PNM) councillor Isha Wells who asked the PM the question on whether she smoked marijuana.

CNMG had invited the Prime Minister and Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley to a leaders debate but Rowley declined as he had already committed to two debates to be hosted by the Trinidad and Tobago Debates Commission (TTDC) next month. The Prime Minister has said that she was only available to debate on July 30.

Last night Persad-Bissessar answered questions on the economy, national security, governance and human and social development.

Wells pointed out that last year there was a multi-million dollar drug bust where cocaine was discovered in juice cans shipped from Trinidad to Virginia, United States. She asked what was being done to deal with the issue of the drug trade.

Persad-Bissessar said there was always room for improvement in dealing with national security issues and in a new term the country can expect even more stronger measures.

“I’m looking to, in our new term to create a separate Ministry of Defence,” said Persad-Bissessar, noting that at present there are the Ministries of Justice, Legal Affairs, the Ministry of the Attorney General and National Security.

She said the protective services — the police and defence force fall under the National Security Ministry and a new Ministry of Defence can focus specifically on dealing with border control and locking down this country’s borders to prevent the infiltration of guns and drugs.

Right decision to scrap OPVs

She pointed out that her Government procured three of 12 vessels to patrol and protect the borders. Wells asked whether the Prime Minister was admitting that an error was made in scrapping the Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs) that the PNM had bought.

“No, I am totally convinced it was the right decision,” said Persad-Bissessar, adding that the money saved was utilised for buying CCTV cameras, police vehicles, GPS systems and putting more human resources in the security system.

“I do not regret shutting down the OPVs, they were bad for us...they are bad for us at this point in time,” she said.

Persad-Bissessar also answered the controversial question as to what led to the appointment of former head of the Strategic Security Agency (SSA) Reshmi Ramnarine. Ramsamooj noted that Ramnarine’s appointment, the State of Emergency and the controversy with LifeSport point to decision making and he asked whether the Prime Minister was misled in making decisions and if so by whom.

LifeSport was a programme

Persad-Bissessar said the country functions on the Westminster system and therefore there is collective Cabinet decision and LifeSport was a programme approved by the Cabinet.

“That (LifeSport) was laudable in its own objectives to assist those at risk in hotspot areas, when it went down to implementation there were administrative issues that led to the scandal that it became,” she said.

“Is there something wrong with the decision making process? I say no, it’s when it comes to implementation of the administrative processes that is where the flaw lies and that is what we need to fix,” she said adding that it comes back to procurement legislation which will aid in bringing transparency and accountability.

Ramsamooj pressed further, asking about the decisions with respect to Ramnarine’s appointment and the state of emergency.

“Miss Reshmi Ramnarine lasted all of two days I believe, there was a flaw in the decision-making process, I go back to it is not a perfect world, having discovered that flaw we took action on it, that is the difference I say between our leadership as opposed to the previous administration that was here before us,” said Persad-Bissessar.

“LifeSport when we discovered what was happening, we did the audit, we sent it to the police, we sent it to the DPP for investigation. The Reshmi Ramnarine issue, the flaw in it, whatever information came was incorrect information, when we discovered that we acted on it within a day or two,” she added.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 31, 2015, 11:20:46 AM »
Where our yellow jersey defending forumite 'Controversial'?  :D

After Rowley raises bribery claims against PM on platform, CoP finally orders probe

Hours after Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley criticised police for not investigating an $8.3 million bribery claim against Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar in connection with the Section 34 fiasco, acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams assigned the Anti-Corruption Investigations Bureau to probe the allegations.

The claims, which were made by Independent Liberal Party leader and former People’s Partnership MP Jack Warner at a news conference on July 13, allege Persad-Bissessar received cheques from United National Congress (UNC) financiers—Ishwar Galbaransingh and Steve Ferguson—in exchange for their freedom on pending criminal charges.

Speaking by telephone yesterday, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime and Operations) Glenn Hackett said it was only yesterday that Williams received the correspondence relating to the alleged conspiracy. However, he said he had not read the details of the matter. “Only this morning the Commissioner of Police received that correspondence and he has assigned it to the Anti-Corruption Investigations Bureau.

“I was there with the commissioner when he received it but I did not read or see the details so I cannot comment further,” Hackett said. At the People’s National Movement’s regional meeting at Harris Promenade, San Fernando, on Tuesday night, Rowley demanded that Williams initiate an investigation into Warner’s claims.

At the new conference at the Hotel Normandie, St Ann’s, on July 13 Warner showed a sworn affidavit which alleged Persad-Bissessar received the cheques at the Tunapuna home of businessman Ralph Gopaul in May 2010. Warner claimed that Persad-Bissessar told him that the Ministry of Justice would “help our friends” and Section 34 was allegedly created to ensure both men walked free.

In response, Persad-Bissessar said the allegations were all lies and the process of law was followed with respect to Galbaransingh and Ferguson’s case. She added that Section 34 was passed unanimously with the support of all sides of the House. Galbaransingh and Ferguson were indicted by the US for conspiracy, wire fraud, money laundering and bid-rigging in relation to the construction of the Piarco International Airport project between 1996 and 2001.

In 2011, Justice Ronnie Boodoosingh threw out their extradition request and ordered that they be tried in Trinidad. Persad-Bissessar noted that was done a year before the proclamation of Section 34. On Tuesday night, Rowley said he saw an affidavit signed by a Justice of the Peace and even met a man in Couva last Wednesday who informed him he was present at the 2010 meeting with Warner and Persad-Bissessar.

“I ask you tonight, is that what you expect with respect to law enforcement in Trinidad and Tobago? Is it that some people are above the law in Trinidad and Tobago? “And if allegations are made against you or whatever it is, I can say I am not investigating that because it’s your name being called?” Rowley asked.

“Tonight, I want to demand of the Commissioner of Police that he begin an investigation into the conspiracy of Section 34, where Mrs Kamla Persad-Bissessar, the Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, is alleged to have done certain things and only a proper investigation with witnesses, statements and thorough examination will determine whether it is true or not.”

section 34

The Administration of Justice (Indictable Proceedings) Act was passed to abolish preliminary inquiries and replace it with paper reviews. This meant a Master of the High Court would review submissions in a matter and decide if there was sufficient evidence to take it to trial. Section 34 of the Act allowed those people who had matters before the court that were ten years or older to apply to a judge to have their case(s) dismissed, once the trial(s) had not begun.

This and five other sections were proclaimed by former president George Maxwell Richards on August 2012. However, a furore was created when Galbaransingh and Ferguson made an application to have their cases dismissed. Two weeks later and with mounting pressure from the public and civil society, an emergency sitting of the House of Representatives was called and Government repealed Section 34.

Former justice minister Herbert Volney, who had piloted the Bill in Parliament, was fired on September 20 and replaced by attorney Christlyn Moore. It was only in May 2014 that Volney accepted sole responsibility of the fiasco

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-07-30/after-rowley-raises-bribery-claims-against-pm-platform-cop-finally-orders-probe

« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 11:24:24 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1005 on: July 31, 2015, 02:14:11 PM »
Where our yellow jersey defending forumite 'Controversial'?  :D

After Rowley raises bribery claims against PM on platform, CoP finally orders probe

Hours after Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley criticised police for not investigating an $8.3 million bribery claim against Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar in connection with the Section 34 fiasco, acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams assigned the Anti-Corruption Investigations Bureau to probe the allegations.

The claims, which were made by Independent Liberal Party leader and former People’s Partnership MP Jack Warner at a news conference on July 13, allege Persad-Bissessar received cheques from United National Congress (UNC) financiers—Ishwar Galbaransingh and Steve Ferguson—in exchange for their freedom on pending criminal charges.

Speaking by telephone yesterday, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime and Operations) Glenn Hackett said it was only yesterday that Williams received the correspondence relating to the alleged conspiracy. However, he said he had not read the details of the matter. “Only this morning the Commissioner of Police received that correspondence and he has assigned it to the Anti-Corruption Investigations Bureau.

“I was there with the commissioner when he received it but I did not read or see the details so I cannot comment further,” Hackett said. At the People’s National Movement’s regional meeting at Harris Promenade, San Fernando, on Tuesday night, Rowley demanded that Williams initiate an investigation into Warner’s claims.

At the new conference at the Hotel Normandie, St Ann’s, on July 13 Warner showed a sworn affidavit which alleged Persad-Bissessar received the cheques at the Tunapuna home of businessman Ralph Gopaul in May 2010. Warner claimed that Persad-Bissessar told him that the Ministry of Justice would “help our friends” and Section 34 was allegedly created to ensure both men walked free.

In response, Persad-Bissessar said the allegations were all lies and the process of law was followed with respect to Galbaransingh and Ferguson’s case. She added that Section 34 was passed unanimously with the support of all sides of the House. Galbaransingh and Ferguson were indicted by the US for conspiracy, wire fraud, money laundering and bid-rigging in relation to the construction of the Piarco International Airport project between 1996 and 2001.

In 2011, Justice Ronnie Boodoosingh threw out their extradition request and ordered that they be tried in Trinidad. Persad-Bissessar noted that was done a year before the proclamation of Section 34. On Tuesday night, Rowley said he saw an affidavit signed by a Justice of the Peace and even met a man in Couva last Wednesday who informed him he was present at the 2010 meeting with Warner and Persad-Bissessar.

“I ask you tonight, is that what you expect with respect to law enforcement in Trinidad and Tobago? Is it that some people are above the law in Trinidad and Tobago? “And if allegations are made against you or whatever it is, I can say I am not investigating that because it’s your name being called?” Rowley asked.

“Tonight, I want to demand of the Commissioner of Police that he begin an investigation into the conspiracy of Section 34, where Mrs Kamla Persad-Bissessar, the Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, is alleged to have done certain things and only a proper investigation with witnesses, statements and thorough examination will determine whether it is true or not.”

section 34

The Administration of Justice (Indictable Proceedings) Act was passed to abolish preliminary inquiries and replace it with paper reviews. This meant a Master of the High Court would review submissions in a matter and decide if there was sufficient evidence to take it to trial. Section 34 of the Act allowed those people who had matters before the court that were ten years or older to apply to a judge to have their case(s) dismissed, once the trial(s) had not begun.

This and five other sections were proclaimed by former president George Maxwell Richards on August 2012. However, a furore was created when Galbaransingh and Ferguson made an application to have their cases dismissed. Two weeks later and with mounting pressure from the public and civil society, an emergency sitting of the House of Representatives was called and Government repealed Section 34.

Former justice minister Herbert Volney, who had piloted the Bill in Parliament, was fired on September 20 and replaced by attorney Christlyn Moore. It was only in May 2014 that Volney accepted sole responsibility of the fiasco

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-07-30/after-rowley-raises-bribery-claims-against-pm-platform-cop-finally-orders-probe

so supporting Sancho against the corrupt and inept TTFA is yellow jersey defending now???  :D :D :bs:

just because i not in love with rowley like yourself doesn't mean i support the PP... yuh accustom with too much mavais lange business.. talk some sense for a change nah..

which politician in TT not corrupt to a certain extent, if they get catch, good riddance, you won't see me shedding any tears like allyuh stooges..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Kamla: Zero tolerance to crime in BUT ONLY next term
« Reply #1006 on: August 08, 2015, 01:58:12 AM »
Kamla: Zero tolerance to crime in next term
By Anna Ramdass (Express)

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar yesterday launched the People’s Partnership election manifesto and assured that on August 16, all 41 candidates contesting the September 7 general election will be presented.

The manifesto launch took place at Aranjuez North Secondary School where Persad-Bissessar rolled out a plan aimed at developing every sector in the country —economy, health care, national security, as well as Tobago.

It’s just about a month to go before the election and the United National Congress (UNC) has named 12 candidates so far, but the Prime Minister said “don’t jumbie me”, adding one day before nomination day, which is August 17, there will be a mass rally where all the candidates will be revealed, and when they are, victory will be certain.

She also disclosed there will be no Monday night forum next week as throughout the country, different constituencies will go through the manifesto on “Manifesto Monday” with their current sitting MP.

Agenda for first 30 days

The Prime Minister said within the first 30 days of her Government’s return to office, they will bring back the Squatting Regularisation Bill, pilot the 2015-2016 national budget and work towards full implementation of procurement legislation.

She pointed out parts of the legislation were proclaimed on July 27.

Persad-Bissessar also pro­mised her Government will implement strong legislation to deal with the long overdue campaign finance reform.

With respect to controversial issues such as decri­minalisation of marijuana, abortion laws and gay rights, Persad-Bissessar said all these require further consultation.

She said Caricom is currently looking at the decri­minalisation of marijuana and when it produces its report, that report will be discussed with the people of this country.

With respect to gay rights, she said the religious sectors in this country are against it and this, too, requires more discussions.

“My Government has ta­ken no decision on the issue of gay rights.... However, my Government says, and I say, that we respect basic human rights for every citizen of Tri­nidad and Tobago,” she said.

Plan to deliver

The Prime Minister, in launching the manifesto, pointed out 285 days have passed since the People’s National Movement (PNM) promised to present a plan to the people.

“My clear plan is to deli­ver security, prosperity and a better future for everyone,” she said.

She said under her admi­nistration, the country can be assured of more jobs, zero tolerance on crime, improved child care and health care.

Persad-Bissessar said the economy has grown over the past five years, and in the next five years, it will continue to soar, with focus on diversification and, in particular, the manufacturing sector.

The PM said crime continues to concern her, and in the next term, stronger measures will come.

“Crime and law and order remain the number one issue facing our country, and this is our top priority for our second term in office. I will take a zero-tolerance approach to crime. Let me repeat that—a zero-tolerance approach to crime.

“In our next term in office, we will continue the emphasis on more effective law enforcement, policing and border control. We will also strengthen surveillance and control of our territorial borders to stem the illegal entry of goods and people,” she said.

And she promised there will be continued emphasis on education and health care.

New laptops will be given to students ente­ring university and iPads or tablets will be given to primary school pupils on a phased basis.

No rapid rail—rapid bus rail

The Prime Minister said there will be no rapid rail under her Government. She admitted there was conside­ration for a light-rail system, but this was never moved forward.

Persad-Bissessar said two dedica­ted, predictable “bus rapid-transit systems” from North to South and East to West will be introduced, and this will aid in alleviating the traffic congestion.

She said they will also plan for a dedicated school bus transportation system and dedicated bus services for industrial estate workers.

The PM said her Government will continue to link communities by building the Solomon Hochoy Highway to Point Fortin and Fyzabad; the San Fernando to Mayaro highway and the Port of Spain to Chaguaramas highway/causeway.

She disclosed there will be a medical tourism hospital in the East-West Corridor, the San Fernando Waterfront development project and the Mayaro hotel tourism project.

The Prime Minister said the controversial Brian Lara Tarouba facility will be made into the Tarouba sport academy.

Tobago

In the manifesto, it was noted Tobago’s self-determination is an essential pillar for internal self-government.

The People’s Partnership stated it recognised without the issue of self-determination being settled, the failed approach by those who control the Tobago House of Assembly (THA) will continue to the detriment of self-determination by the people of Tobago.

The People’s Partnership will therefore proceed with the following in its second term:

1. Create the conditions for a genuine constituent assembly of Tobagonians in Tobago to agree on draft le­gislation for Tobago.

2. Put the agreed draft legislation to the vote of a referendum to ensure that this agreed draft will go to the national Parliament for enactment without hindrance.

The manifesto stated it will collaborate with the THA on the development of a new marina and the designation of Tobago as a duty-free port.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kamla: Zero tolerance to crime in BUT ONLY next term
« Reply #1007 on: August 08, 2015, 11:21:22 AM »
Crime running Trinidad red for years, and for the last 5 years that you have been in charge, you have been unable to stem the violence. But if you get a next term, then you go show the criminals who is boss? WTF have you been doing all this time then?

TBH any politician who could say this kinda assh0leness with a straight face really has scant regard for the intelligence of the electorate.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: August 08, 2015, 12:55:45 PM »
Complete disregard Grim, take people Fuh pappyshow
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 08, 2015, 08:49:51 PM »
There's something fundamentally wrong with an electoral system that facilitates the announcement of candidates a mere THREE weeks before elections. Ridiculous, considering that the victors will serve years in office.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: August 08, 2015, 08:57:56 PM »
The PM said crime continues to concern her, and in the next term, stronger measures will come.

“Crime and law and order remain the number one issue facing our country, and this is our top priority for our second term in office. I will take a zero-tolerance approach to crime. Let me repeat that—a zero-tolerance approach to crime.

“In our next term in office, we will continue the emphasis on more effective law enforcement, policing and border control. We will also strengthen surveillance and control of our territorial borders to stem the illegal entry of goods and people,” she said.

I agree that this government (as was the previous government) is vulnerable to the charge of being impotent on crime. However, allyuh not fully representing what she stated.

Nonetheless, she look fuh dat. After serving a full term, her words ring hollow.

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 09, 2015, 09:07:36 AM »

Gosh Kamla .....
What about the "Big Fish"
We know where the areas ....
Question ...who is bring in the drugs!!!!!
What about targeting that area .......

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1012 on: August 09, 2015, 09:49:19 AM »
Whether it is unc or PNM in charge.. It will be the same thing... No different..

And if you don't know how things run in Trinidad, then you being naive.. No government in Trinidad is brave enough to stop the drug lords..

Period....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 09, 2015, 11:26:15 PM »
which drugs lords? TT eh have no drug lords. Who are they? What do they look like. The socalled drugs lords have to be living outside TT and ordering them boys east of the dry river to do their dirty work. Because they cant seem to find them since Patos. Like Mr. Big.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1014 on: August 10, 2015, 05:39:25 PM »
Family you won't find them and no one will ever speak of them... Ask rowley or Kams if they could ever shut down drugs in the nation?

Big joke, not happening... How much men you want to dead?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: August 10, 2015, 06:04:45 PM »
Family you won't find them and no one will ever speak of them... Ask rowley or Kams if they could ever shut down drugs in the nation?

So... What to do then? Just leave it let it happen?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1016 on: August 10, 2015, 08:22:12 PM »

Are you willing to die for change? Lay your life down? Are you ready to join a revolution?

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:25:55 PM by Controversial »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: August 11, 2015, 04:47:33 AM »

Are you willing to die for change? Lay your life down? Are you ready to join a revolution?

Sad to say but thats exactly the point. To deal with it wont be pretty.

Imagine a person taking a serious hard line approach to crime. It might get to how Mexico is. Just like when tough decisions had to be made in the 80's and people didnt understand that it had to be done.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1018 on: August 11, 2015, 07:39:51 AM »

Imagine a person taking a serious hard line approach to crime. It might get to how Mexico is. Just like when tough decisions had to be made in the 80's and people didnt understand that it had to be done.

That's the thing brother.... People quick to say I'm anti PNM or unc.. Which is far from the truth... They're both the same... While the population gets wrapped up in partisan politics they ignore what really needs to be done... They are so caught up in political division that they forget the power in unity.... They are manipulated ...

If you want real change in Trinidad.. You can only achieve this with revolutionary ideas and actions... They may start off as non violent but may escalate into violence because you will be forced to protect yourself, your family and your fellow supporters..

There is no other way... Trinidad has not reached this point yet, because people are afraid to lose their lives... Afraid to do something radical...

So they complain and settle, accept docility ... They are easily manipulated that unc or PNM will solve their ills.. A misconception..

United as a people will solve their ills and bring change.. They lack the vision to see that...

So like I said before, are they ready to die for change, how far are they willing to go?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: August 12, 2015, 04:34:46 AM »

That's the thing brother.... People quick to say I'm anti PNM or unc.. Which is far from the truth... They're both the same... While the population gets wrapped up in partisan politics they ignore what really needs to be done... They are so caught up in political division that they forget the power in unity.... They are manipulated ...

If you want real change in Trinidad.. You can only achieve this with revolutionary ideas and actions... They may start off as non violent but may escalate into violence because you will be forced to protect yourself, your family and your fellow supporters..

There is no other way... Trinidad has not reached this point yet, because people are afraid to lose their lives... Afraid to do something radical...

So they complain and settle, accept docility ... They are easily manipulated that unc or PNM will solve their ills.. A misconception..

United as a people will solve their ills and bring change.. They lack the vision to see that...

So like I said before, are they ready to die for change, how far are they willing to go?
you are not fooling anyone with that lie. the way i see it is that you are a UNC apologist and the best thing for you to do is to own up to it instead of talking out the both sides of your mouth. for the little time i have been here you have done nothing but oppose and attack the PNM for past indiscretion yet you have never held kamla bissessar accountable for the gross mismanagement of the country's finances and her blatant disrespect for the constitution of the land. the present PNM under keith rowley has done nothing but expose the dishonest policies and treachery displayed by the present government lead by kamla and her crocked friends.

the way i view it is simple, dr rowley has no power over government affairs to make decisions on the way the nation is governed, but he does have a parliamentary power which does not extend beyond the parliament, but as far as cabinet decisions goes he is in the dark and has no say, so why even blame rowley and the PNM for the nations failure?

despite section 34, life sport, the demise of the foreign exchange policy, the dispersal of government land to friends and financiers, the leasing of the convention center, selling of the OPVs, the rape of the treasury all 400 billion of it, the firing of 24 cabinet ministers and mass corruption and nepotism in government, you have been mum on all them, yet the best you could come up with is to say that the UNC and the PNM are one and the same. for goodness sake man grow a pair and call a spade a spade and salvage some semblance of self respect, instead of dangling on the end of a bunch of strings.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 04:39:09 AM by pull stones »

1]; } ?>