April 27, 2024, 10:30:51 PM

Author Topic: Kamla Persad-Bissessar Thread.  (Read 204315 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kamla Persad-Bissessar first 100-days.
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2010, 05:58:15 PM »

PNM should jus take over this country and rule it forever, then allyuh would be happy yes.

Jack alone cause we not to go through in 89 rite? He had nothing to do with we going through in 05 rite? he had nothing to do with bringing back allyuh hero yorke & who turned his back on T&T right? He alone turn his back on sancho and them right? Is jack fault we does be playing so much shit right? steups.

The man did shit but he also did some good as well - just like allyuh fadder manning

What I doh understand is why it is you feel the need to construe every criticism of the PP... and Jack Warner particularly, as people "wanting the new government to fail" or people wanting PNM "to rule forever".  Why is that?  Yuh come like Bush and he "if yuh not with we yuh against we" talk.  Yes Kamla government deserves a chance to prove itself, but recognize also that Jack Warner comes with significant baggage... the man track record is horrible, people call him all kinda ole crook.. yet fuh some ah allyuh is like criticism of him is sacrilege.  The hypocrisy is astounding... I could only imagine the outcry if Jack was PNM.

Mr. Shark this is the best post i ever see u make - well in relation to me anwyways and i appreciate the omission of the insults.  :beermug: :thumbsup: cause i try not to disrespect anyone here.

(I only answered the last time cause brown called my name.)

yes i know jack comes with baggage, i cant/wont deny that. I dont mind the criticism however, ppl must be willing to admit that he did some good as well. Ppl here seem to blame him for everything wrong with our football when that is not entirely the case - but that is a different story.

Preferably, i wished that he was not a part of the PP - because of the "baggage", but he is, so all i can do is to hope that he does a good job. The man good at getting what he wants, he has skills and maybe he can apply that to his ministry - which allow us to benefit.

As soon as the PP win election, they done start to criticize, they eh even waiting to see what they can do why is that? At least wait til the PP slip up and then jam them. - Is really this that irks me so. All the time ppl complaining bout manning, so now we have someone else and ppl still complaining even before anything goes wrong.

If we dont have hope, then what we have? People accusing me of being UNC cause i have hope, but that is unfair. I didnt vote UNC last election and for this election i didint have a choice in the matter cause we needed change.

If we dont change leaders every so often then they will do us what they want.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:59:46 PM by sammy »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2010, 06:51:12 PM »
Mr. Shark this is the best post i ever see u make - well in relation to me anwyways and i appreciate the omission of the insults.  :beermug: :thumbsup: cause i try not to disrespect anyone here.

yes i know jack comes with baggage, i cant/wont deny that. I dont mind the criticism however, ppl must be willing to admit that he did some good as well. Ppl here seem to blame him for everything wrong with our football when that is not entirely the case - but that is a different story.

Preferably, i wished that he was not a part of the PP - because of the "baggage", but he is, so all i can do is to hope that he does a good job. The man good at getting what he wants, he has skills and maybe he can apply that to his ministry - which allow us to benefit.

As soon as the PP win election, they done start to criticize, they eh even waiting to see what they can do why is that? At least wait til the PP slip up and then jam them. - Is really this that irks me so. All the time ppl complaining bout manning, so now we have someone else and ppl still complaining even before anything goes wrong.

If we dont have hope, then what we have? People accusing me of being UNC cause i have hope, but that is unfair. I didnt vote UNC last election and for this election i didint have a choice in the matter cause we needed change.

I only start insulting you when yuh start becoming overbearing with yuh constant defense of the new government.  You can't tell people tuh wait to complain... if I think it's questionable that Jack decide to move licensing to his home constituency you can't tell me to wait until next year (after they had a chance to screw up) to complain.  That isn't how human nature is... most here only reacting as the news break... you saying wait until they mess up, but what yuh fail to realize is that by simply bringing Jack on board, to many of us that is a major fack up right there.

Every time somebody say something critical of anything even remotely related to the PP you jumping down they throat with "PNM 'til I die" talk.  Check and see if the personal comments towards you didn't start until after that.  If you have Brownsugar cussing you out YOU KNOW something is wrong.

As for Jack himself... you keep saying that Jack "did some good as well"?  Care to name some of this good?  Doh say he spend he own money on we football because if he didn't hijack the TTFA from others, and stifle Arthur Suite rival league, and kill too many footballing careers you never know if the TTFA woulda been broke in the first place.  All that aside, ANY money he spend he make back long time... and then turn around and tief more.

Okay, so he name stadium after Marvin Lee... he spend some ah de tief money on a couple private citizens to pay fuh hospitalization... dai's what yuh want we tuh give him a pass for?? 

You can't be serious.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2010, 07:09:29 PM »

I only start insulting you when yuh start becoming overbearing with yuh constant defense of the new government.  You can't tell people tuh wait to complain... if I think it's questionable that Jack decide to move licensing to his home constituency you can't tell me to wait until next year (after they had a chance to screw up) to complain.  That isn't how human nature is... most here only reacting as the news break... you saying wait until they mess up, but what yuh fail to realize is that by simply bringing Jack on board, to many of us that is a major fack up right there.

Every time somebody say something critical of anything even remotely related to the PP you jumping down they throat with "PNM 'til I die" talk.  Check and see if the personal comments towards you didn't start until after that.  If you have Brownsugar cussing you out YOU KNOW something is wrong.

As for Jack himself... you keep saying that Jack "did some good as well"?  Care to name some of this good?  Doh say he spend he own money on we football because if he didn't hijack the TTFA from others, and stifle Arthur Suite rival league, and kill too many footballing careers you never know if the TTFA woulda been broke in the first place.  All that aside, ANY money he spend he make back long time... and then turn around and tief more.

Okay, so he name stadium after Marvin Lee... he spend some ah de tief money on a couple private citizens to pay fuh hospitalization... dai's what yuh want we tuh give him a pass for?? 

You can't be serious.
he didnt bring back yorke and latas after they ride out on we?
he didnt negotiate for benhacker to come and coach we?
he didnt push for a 4th qualifying spot that we needed to qualify ?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2010, 07:34:44 PM »

Dai'z de best yuh could come up with?  You really giving Jack credit fuh Yorke and Latas coming back to play?  Was he the only man who could have... or who did talk them into coming out of retirement?  How much you really know about TnT football?  Yorke and Latas didn't retire as much as they didn't want to play for St. Clair.  Once St. Clair get fire it didn't take no setta convincing for them to come back.

You seriously raisig talk about him hiring Beenhakker and him pushing for the extra half a spot for CONCACAF in this conversation?  Hiring Beenhakker by itself eh nothing to crow about, Beenhakker and the players still had to go out there and earn dey half ah spot.  He coulda still hire Beenhakker and we coulda miss out on Germany same way... same way that half ah spot coulda gone to Bahrain easy.  Yes both moves helpe we get to Germany, but getting to Germany was the success, not the half ah spot or Beenie hiring.

Yuh reaching now.  Come back with ah better list.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2010, 09:49:08 PM »

Dai'z de best yuh could come up with?  You really giving Jack credit fuh Yorke and Latas coming back to play?  Was he the only man who could have... or who did talk them into coming out of retirement?  How much you really know about TnT football?  Yorke and Latas didn't retire as much as they didn't want to play for St. Clair.  Once St. Clair get fire it didn't take no setta convincing for them to come back.

You seriously raisig talk about him hiring Beenhakker and him pushing for the extra half a spot for CONCACAF in this conversation?  Hiring Beenhakker by itself eh nothing to crow about, Beenhakker and the players still had to go out there and earn dey half ah spot.  He coulda still hire Beenhakker and we coulda miss out on Germany same way... same way that half ah spot coulda gone to Bahrain easy.  Yes both moves helpe we get to Germany, but getting to Germany was the success, not the half ah spot or Beenie hiring.

Yuh reaching now.  Come back with ah better list.

Warner wanted to hire Ron Atkinson... Beenhacker was Nakhid and Lincoln Phillips proposal on top of that

... and yuh know what.. f$ck it... I going to go ahead and say Jack Warner never do nothing good for Trinidad and Tobago football that wasn't incidental to his interests first!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 09:53:05 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2010, 05:24:43 PM »
yes you are very right
You is de onlyest Court Stenographer

Court Stenographer AND File Clerk... make sure yuh get it right yuh feeble-minded assclown.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

OH shit I goin and ded
That is ALL you good for today
Ya musbe freakin sick
take two cafenol and wheel again

Dick Cheese
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 05:28:38 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2010, 10:28:13 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

OH shit I goin and ded
That is ALL you good for today
Ya musbe freakin sick
take two cafenol and wheel again

Dick Cheese

Shouldn't you be playing with yuh Catholic Priest blow up doll?  btw... it's "wheel and come again" eh gramps... yuh trying too hard.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2010, 11:21:55 AM »
'An insult to people'
Kamla tells why she decided not to meet Clinton at Caricom talks
Anna Ramdass anna.ramdass@trinidadexpress.com
Wednesday, June 9th 2010

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar has blanked today’s Caricom meeting with United States Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, in Barbados because she felt it would be an insult to the people who elected her to travel without taking the parliamentary oath.

Persad-Bissessar gave this explanation yesterday in response to criticism from Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley who said the Prime Minister’s failure to attend today’s meeting was ’a dereliction of duty’.

’I was of the view that we have not been sworn into the Parliament and it is the people who elected us to represent them there. It would be offensive to the people to travel to represent them without taking the oath in the Parliament,’ said Persad-Bissessar in a brief interview with the Express yesterday by phone.

She said therefore a policy decision had been taken that no minister would embark on foreign travel on behalf of the people of this country, until Parliament is convened on June 18.

Persad-Bissessar said that technocrats will represent this country at the Caricom meeting and apologies were extended to Clinton and other heads for her absence.

She added that Caricom was informed that a new government was elected and a decision was taken that there would be no foreign travel until the parliamentary oath is taken.

’We meant no disrespect to anyone,’ stressed Persad-Bissessar, adding that she also did not want to offend the democratic transition taking place.

Rowley however believes that Persad-Bissessar missed out on a golden opportunity for this country.

’The meeting with Hillary Clinton is a major issue to us in the Caribbean. The fact that there was an election and the Government changed cannot interfere with that, we still have a Government,’ Rowley told the Express by phone.

’The Government so doesn’t understand its role that she as Prime Minister is saying I am not going to this most important meeting, with this most important trading partner because I have not taken an oath in Parliament. Somebody must tell Kamla she is not the Prime Minister in the Parliament which is the legislator, she is the Prime Minister of the executive, she has taken an oath at Knowsley and that oath is good enough, she is now the Prime Minister,’ he added.

Rowley said Persad-Bissessar has said that no minister will embark on foreign travel until the Parliament is convened but he pointed out Works and Transport Minister Jack Warner was in South Africa.

’So apparently this Prime Minister has no control over Jack Warner so whatever edict she gave applies to other ministers but it does not apply to Jack Warner ... so while she as Prime Minister is failing to go to conduct our business with Hillary Clinton in Barbados, Jack Warner has gone off to conduct FIFA’s business in South Africa,’ said Rowley.

’To pass up on the opportunity to talk to Hillary Clinton on a serious matter of interest to us in Trinidad and Tobago is a dereliction of duty. ... So Hillary Clinton comes to Caricom to talk to Caricom leaders and Trinidad and Tobago sends technocrats,’ said Rowley.

Warner, a vice-president of FIFA, is in South Africa to attend to business relating to the opening of 2010 World Cup on Friday.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/Comments?id=161692509

That 1st name thing will become an issue, mark my words. Better they avoid it. I find its a silly excuse btw.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2010, 11:53:56 AM »
hmm..i wanted to see hilary an she long lost twin sister in a picture

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2010, 01:10:36 PM »
Raise yuh hand if yuh would have felt insulted if she did go 2 meet Hilary? If Barack did call and say come would she have said d same nonesense. Wake up Kamla u is d PM. D other countries is only the technocrats that representing.

Is ok 4 JW 2 go on FIFA business but u cyah go on minds. LOUDEST OF STEUPSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2010, 02:53:26 PM »
Rowley being an ass with this Jack Warner thing now... Jack travelling in a non-ministerial capacity, which is what Kamla talking about, get sworn in first before yuh represent yuhself as a minister/envoy of the people.

That said, this has to be the most stupid 'policy' I have ever heard... either we have a functioning Parliament or we don't. If they can perform in their ministerial capacity at home w/o being sworn in then there should be no issue doing the same abroad.  This is a classic example of acting nevwr-see-come-see and overthinking things.  The peoples business comes first... this ent McCain she was to meet with but the third-ranking US government executive.  And she blow that off because of some ill-conceived notion about protocol?  Lord help us.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 02:58:08 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2010, 05:30:43 PM »
Rowley being an ass with this Jack Warner thing now... Jack travelling in a non-ministerial capacity, which is what Kamla talking about, get sworn in first before yuh represent yuhself as a minister/envoy of the people.

That said, this has to be the most stupid 'policy' I have ever heard... either we have a functioning Parliament or we don't. If they can perform in their ministerial capacity at home w/o being sworn in then there should be no issue doing the same abroad.  This is a classic example of acting nevwr-see-come-see and overthinking things.  The peoples business comes first... this ent McCain she was to meet with but the third-ranking US government executive.  And she blow that off because of some ill-conceived notion about protocol?  Lord help us.

Got this from a poster on Farsebook:

"The integrity commission has stated that Cabinet Ministers must divest themselves of private interests upon taking up their post."

I ain't hear nothing else on it, but it looks like the commission agrees with Rowley.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2010, 05:58:48 PM »

"The integrity commission has stated that Cabinet Ministers must divest themselves of private interests upon taking up their post."

I ain't hear nothing else on it, but it looks like the commission agrees with Rowley.

yes i heard this on the 7pm news a while ago.
(Muslim)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2010, 06:01:36 PM »

yes i heard this on the 7pm news a while ago.

ONLY D DOTISH EH C DAT I IS A CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2010, 06:12:09 PM »
Nicole Dyer Griffith had to give up her Public Relations Manager big wuk at ANSA McAL
All the doctors who held or holding Ministerial positions had to give up their practice both public and private.
Prior to this elections Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan had to give up her Chairman position at NP
Herbert Volney, then why give up ya position as a judge if it wasn't wrong to hold 2 posts?

Who dey rass is Jack?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 09, 2010, 06:19:11 PM »
Nicole Dyer Griffith had to give up her Public Relations Manager big wuk at ANSA McAL
All the doctors who held or holding Ministerial positions had to give up their practice both public and private.
Prior to this elections Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan had to give up her Chairman position at NP
Herbert Volney, then why give up ya position as a judge if it wasn't wrong to hold 2 posts?

Who dey rass is Jack?

Go wash yuh mouth out wit soap. If u want 2 know who he is ask Gladdy will say google him. I want him to ignore d ruling. U should ask who is d Integrity Commission?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2010, 07:13:12 PM »
Rowley damn right!!  Finally we will have something resembling government!!  If Panday wasn't busy building a family dynasty and paying more attention to being a creditable opposition the PNM would not have gotten away with half the things they did.....so thank you Dr. Rowley for doing your job!!!...

Now to Mrs. Persad-Bissessar, you know, I know, mih tantie, mudder, fadder, brudder, mih nephew, mih dog and 3 cats, mih best friend and she son, the little ole lady down the street, the little ole man up the street, the man with the parlour round the corner KNOWS that Jack Warner should NOT BE HOLDING DOWN ANY MINISTERIAL PORTFOLIO AND STILL HOLD DOWN HIS FIFA WUK!!!!...

Let mih guess, yuh fraid him??  Doh worry, take ah number and join the line....the only problem ah have with that scenario is......

YUH IS THE FRIGGIN PRIME MINISTER!!!!!.....I eh want mih Prime Minister fraiding dey Minister!!!...steups!!!

Gosh man, the electoral ink eh come off mih finger properly and yuh have mih cussing already!!!!  >:( >:(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2010, 07:32:26 PM »
first rule of being a PM, dont mess with JW.  ;) lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2010, 07:41:16 PM »
Rowley damn right!!  Finally we will have something resembling government!!  If Panday wasn't busy building a family dynasty and paying more attention to being a creditable opposition the PNM would not have gotten away with half the things they did.....so thank you Dr. Rowley for doing your job!!!...

Now to Mrs. Persad-Bissessar, you know, I know, mih tantie, mudder, fadder, brudder, mih nephew, mih dog and 3 cats, mih best friend and she son, the little ole lady down the street, the little ole man up the street, the man with the parlour round the corner KNOWS that Jack Warner should NOT BE HOLDING DOWN ANY MINISTERIAL PORTFOLIO AND STILL HOLD DOWN HIS FIFA WUK!!!!...

Let mih guess, yuh fraid him??  Doh worry, take ah number and join the line....the only problem ah have with that scenario is......

YUH IS THE FRIGGIN PRIME MINISTER!!!!!.....I eh want mih Prime Minister fraiding dey Minister!!!...steups!!!

Gosh man, the electoral ink eh come off mih finger properly and yuh have mih cussing already!!!!  >:( >:(

CO-SIGN EXCEPT ME EH CUSSING DID NOT EXPECT ANY DIFFERENCE

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2010, 07:45:20 PM »
If Kamla don't want to go to the meeting because it appears she will be  cow-towing to Hilary, what can I say. It is her decision. But to say she has to be sworn in first, is a bit far stretch. I really don't understand that one. As for Jack, what can we say. I know he will stay in both positions. Both FIFA and Kamla will make exception for Jack.  All this time local football will continue to suffer.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2010, 08:05:12 PM »

I could also quote Weary and brownsugar... but I'll just respond here.

I don't know that type of powers the "Integrity Commission" has, unless the Constitution (or alternatively, the Government) gives them the authority and/or power to make and enforce their decisions then all they are really is an advisory body... which I how I as an outsider looking at them.  I don't know that they have already ruled (I doubt it, the issue has been alive barely a week... yuh cyah get nutten done in TnT that fast), but if they have then I imagine their word has some sort of authority behind it.

All that said, I imagine the "divests themselves of private interests" has to do with private interests in TnT... particularly where said private interests can be affected (positively or negatively) by the cabinet members role in government, or by the actions of government (their own or their colleagues) in general.

I must be one of "D DOTISH" because I can't see how Jack's role as a FIFA VP is affected by him being in government.  FIFA does little to no business in TnT and what little they do (the odd World Cup tournament) isn't the type of business that's likely to be impacted by government action, unless it comes to building stadia, improving infrastructure for the site etc.  Nobody... certainly not Weary for all her emoting, has offered any argument to show how the alleged "conflict of interest" is implicated.

I think people getting caught up in Jack's "Special Advisor" role and tying that up with his FIFA VP role.  Unless "divest themselves of private interests" means yuh cyah hold ah outside wuk then this argument is a non-starter.

Besides all that... Brownsugar et al who bawling "Rowley damn right"... about what?  Leh we please try and focus on what it is Rowley carrying on about dis rounds.  This isn't last week's argument that Jack can't hold ah outside wuk... the argument today is that he can't travel outside the country until he's sworn in... which is nonsense.  It's a very superficial and ignorant reading of Kamla's own superficial and ignorant pronouncement prohibiting government travel for the yet to be sworn in MPs.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2010, 08:38:06 PM »
not even a month clean uncle jack in d cabinet an he already out of d country. if lewwe say something drastic was to happen where his minstry is concerned, we hadda wait for him to fly back from south africa before anything cud be done? uncle jack hadda choose man. is either/or. he cyah have everything.

if i was he, i was stayin fifa. ah cud run more racket dey.

but den again, dis is sweet t&t, an nuttin probably goin an come out of dis. we goin an blow hot air for d next two days, an by monday all ah we forget
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2010, 09:30:49 PM »
First off rowley iz ah c@nt!! secondly, jack has ah junior minister that could hold it down in his absents. 3rd, jack is no stranger tuh multitasking. i believe rowley was talking bout his own inability tuh hold multiple positions.

love jack or hate him, and trust meh, there's been times if i had seen jack in the streets , i woulda definitely  zopp him wid ah rotting orange or some kinda missile and take ah six months in the grove for assault easy easy, that's how much i detested this fellow.

but putting all that aside, it takes ah capable shrude fella tuh produce the results that jack warner is capable of and now after watching how effective this fella could be, i say. that man is definitely and asset to the country, and tuh lose his services would be ah travesty on rowley's dunce head.

all who saying that ah man can't hold multiple offices, is the reason why TNT soooo fackin backward and latadaical!! man here in foreign have two and three positions and doing an effective job of it.  TNT ppl too bad mind and envious!!                              ah bunch ah jealous disruptive fadder fackers.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2010, 10:08:14 PM »
First off rowley iz ah c@nt!! secondly, jack has ah junior minister that could hold it down in his absents. 3rd, jack is no stranger tuh multitasking. i believe rowley was talking bout his own inability tuh hold multiple positions.

love jack or hate him, and trust meh, there's been times if i had seen jack in the streets , i woulda definitely  zopp him wid ah rotting orange or some kinda missile and take ah six months in the grove for assault easy easy, that's how much i detested this fellow.

but putting all that aside, it takes ah capable shrude fella tuh produce the results that jack warner is capable of and now after watching how effective this fella could be, i say. that man is definitely and asset to the country, and tuh lose his services would be ah travesty on rowley's dunce head.
all who saying that ah man can't hold multiple offices, is the reason why TNT soooo fackin backward and latadaical!! man here in foreign have two and three positions and doing an effective job of it.  TNT ppl too bad mind and envious!!                              ah bunch ah jealous disruptive fadder fackers.

It was on the news tonight...The integrity commission said that Warner can't hold both posts...I don't think the issue revolved around Jack Warner's capability to hold two posts...I think anyone can multi task to some degree...It was whether it was morally or ethically correct or not to do so...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2010, 10:08:48 PM »
:devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2010, 10:30:32 PM »

It was on the news tonight...The integrity commission said that Warner can't hold both posts...I don't think the issue revolved around Jack Warner's capability to hold two posts...I think anyone can multi task to some degree...It was whether it was morally or ethically correct or not to do so...

D fact dat it eh moral or ethical mean it is JW cup of tea.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2010, 10:25:29 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161693683&weba=NWSNews
statement released by the integrity Commission
Thursday, June 10th 2010

Following is the statement released by the Integrity Commission on the issue of Jack Warner holding positions in both Government and FIFA.

The question whether Mr Austin Jack Warner should properly be a member of the Cabinet of the Government of Trinidad and Tobago while continuing to serve as vice-president of FIFA is actively in the public sphere and has been brought to the attention of the Integrity Commission.

The Integrity Commission is responsible, inter alia, for the regulation of the conduct of persons exercising public functions, and, for preserving and promoting the integrity of public officials and institutions.

The commission, in effecting this responsibility, is guided by the application of the Code of Conduct as specified in the Integrity in Public Life Act governing persons in public life which reads as follows:

CODE OF CONDUCT

23. This Part applies to a person in public life and to all persons exercising public functions.

24. (1) A person to whom this Part applies shall ensure that he performs his functions and administers the public resources for which he is responsible in an effective and efficient manner and shall-

(a) be fair and impartial in exercising his public duty;

(b) afford no undue preferential treatment to any group or individual;

(c) arrange his private interests whether pecuniary or otherwise in such a manner as to maintain public confidence and trust in his integrity.

(2) A person to whom this Part applies shall not-

(a) use his office for the improper advancement of his own or his family’s personal or financial interests or the interest of any person;

(b) engage in any transaction, acquire any position or have any commercial or other interest that is incompatible with his office, function and duty or the discharge thereof;

(c) use public property or services for activities not related to his official work;

(d) directly or indirectly use his office for private gain.

(3) No person to whom this Part applies shall be a party to or shall undertake any project or activity involving the use of public funds in disregard of the Financial Orders or other Regulations applicable to such funds.

25. A person to whom this Part applies shall not use information that is gained in the execution of his office and which is not available to the general public to further or seek to further his private interests.

26. A person to whom this Part applies shall not use his office to seek to influence a decision made by another person or public body to further his own private interests.

27. (1) A person to whom this Part applies shall not accept a fee, gift or personal benefit, except compensation authorised by law, that is connected directly or indirectly with the performance of the duties of his office

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a gift or personal benefit that is received as an incident of the protocol or social obligations that normally accompany the responsibilities of office.

(3) Where a gift or personal benefit referred to in subsection (2) exceeds five thousand dollars in value or where the total value received directly or indirectly from one source in any twelve-month period exceeds five thousand dollars, a person in public life shall file with his declaration, a statement indicating the nature of the gift or benefit, its source and the circumstances under which it was given or accepted.

(4) For the purposes of this section, the amount of a gift comprising property, other than money, shall be deemed to be an amount equal to the value of the property.

28. Matters of a confidential nature in the possession of persons to whom this Part applies, shall be kept confidential unless the performance of duty or the needs of justice strictly require otherwise, and shall remain confidential even after separation from service.

29. (1) For the purposes of this Act, a conflict of interest is deemed to arise if a person in public life or any person exercising a public function were to make or participate in the making of a decision in the execution of his office and at the same time knows or ought reasonably to have known, that in the making of the decision, there is an opportunity either directly or indirectly to further his private interests or that of a member of his family or any other person.

(2) Where there is a possible or perceived conflict of interest, a person to whom this Part applies, shall disclose his interest in accordance with prescribed procedures and disqualify himself from any decision-making process.

This Code is further buttressed by the Code of Ethics for Parliamentarians, including Ministers and Parliamentary Secretaries, as approved by Resolution of the House of Representatives on 15th July, 1988.

This Code requires that Cabinet ministers divest themselves of their private interests upon their assumption of public office.

The Commission is of the view that all persons in public life who offer themselves for Cabinet posts, should so organise their affairs in order that there be no breach of the aforementioned Code of Conduct or the Code of Ethics.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161693683&weba=NWSNews
statement released by the integrity Commission
Thursday, June 10th 2010

Following is the statement released by the Integrity Commission on the issue of Jack Warner holding positions in both Government and FIFA.

The question whether Mr Austin Jack Warner should properly be a member of the Cabinet of the Government of Trinidad and Tobago while continuing to serve as vice-president of FIFA is actively in the public sphere and has been brought to the attention of the Integrity Commission.

The Integrity Commission is responsible, inter alia, for the regulation of the conduct of persons exercising public functions, and, for preserving and promoting the integrity of public officials and institutions.

The commission, in effecting this responsibility, is guided by the application of the Code of Conduct as specified in the Integrity in Public Life Act governing persons in public life which reads as follows:

CODE OF CONDUCT

23. This Part applies to a person in public life and to all persons exercising public functions.

24. (1) A person to whom this Part applies shall ensure that he performs his functions and administers the public resources for which he is responsible in an effective and efficient manner and shall-

(a) be fair and impartial in exercising his public duty;

(b) afford no undue preferential treatment to any group or individual;

(c) arrange his private interests whether pecuniary or otherwise in such a manner as to maintain public confidence and trust in his integrity.

(2) A person to whom this Part applies shall not-

(a) use his office for the improper advancement of his own or his family’s personal or financial interests or the interest of any person;

(b) engage in any transaction, acquire any position or have any commercial or other interest that is incompatible with his office, function and duty or the discharge thereof;

(c) use public property or services for activities not related to his official work;

(d) directly or indirectly use his office for private gain.

(3) No person to whom this Part applies shall be a party to or shall undertake any project or activity involving the use of public funds in disregard of the Financial Orders or other Regulations applicable to such funds.

25. A person to whom this Part applies shall not use information that is gained in the execution of his office and which is not available to the general public to further or seek to further his private interests.

26. A person to whom this Part applies shall not use his office to seek to influence a decision made by another person or public body to further his own private interests.

27. (1) A person to whom this Part applies shall not accept a fee, gift or personal benefit, except compensation authorised by law, that is connected directly or indirectly with the performance of the duties of his office

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a gift or personal benefit that is received as an incident of the protocol or social obligations that normally accompany the responsibilities of office.

(3) Where a gift or personal benefit referred to in subsection (2) exceeds five thousand dollars in value or where the total value received directly or indirectly from one source in any twelve-month period exceeds five thousand dollars, a person in public life shall file with his declaration, a statement indicating the nature of the gift or benefit, its source and the circumstances under which it was given or accepted.

(4) For the purposes of this section, the amount of a gift comprising property, other than money, shall be deemed to be an amount equal to the value of the property.

28. Matters of a confidential nature in the possession of persons to whom this Part applies, shall be kept confidential unless the performance of duty or the needs of justice strictly require otherwise, and shall remain confidential even after separation from service.

29. (1) For the purposes of this Act, a conflict of interest is deemed to arise if a person in public life or any person exercising a public function were to make or participate in the making of a decision in the execution of his office and at the same time knows or ought reasonably to have known, that in the making of the decision, there is an opportunity either directly or indirectly to further his private interests or that of a member of his family or any other person.

(2) Where there is a possible or perceived conflict of interest, a person to whom this Part applies, shall disclose his interest in accordance with prescribed procedures and disqualify himself from any decision-making process.

This Code is further buttressed by the Code of Ethics for Parliamentarians, including Ministers and Parliamentary Secretaries, as approved by Resolution of the House of Representatives on 15th July, 1988.

This Code requires that Cabinet ministers divest themselves of their private interests upon their assumption of public office.

The Commission is of the view that all persons in public life who offer themselves for Cabinet posts, should so organise their affairs in order that there be no breach of the aforementioned Code of Conduct or the Code of Ethics.

Remember in Animal Farm it strted that no animal must sleep in a bed then it change to no animal must not sleep wit a bed wit sheets. Well dat is d story now all dem ting was applicale b4 d gr8 1 AJW.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 10, 2010, 06:31:41 PM »
This statement doesn't even offer an explanation as to how Jack Warner is in breach of the Codes of Conduct or Ethics.  It states that public officials should divest themselves of private interests... what that mean exactly?  They need to speak with clarity and specify how his private interests as a FIFA Exec affects his public duties.  Travel and time committments I can see... if that's the case then they need to come right out and say so, not leave it up to speculation.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2010, 06:48:13 AM »
BUDGET BY THE PEOPLE
By COREY CONNELLY (T&T Newsday).

For the first time in Trinidad and Tobago’s political history, the new People’s Partnership Government intends to convene a meeting of young people, seeking their views on what should be included in the upcoming annual budget, Finance Minister Winston Dookeran said yesterday. This will be part of a concerted effort by the new Government to have all-inclusive discussions on the National Budget before bringing it to the Parliament.

“For the first time, we shall have a special session for the young people of Trinidad and Tobago to be engaged in the process. And today (yesterday), I will use this opportunity in Tunapuna to invite all those young people to come together and to participate in a session that we shall call shortly so that you can make a difference in your ideas on what you feel Trinidad and Tobago needs in this process,” Dookeran announced while delivering the feature address at the formal opening of the Tunapuna Partnership Council, Eastern Main Road, El Dorado.

Dookeran, the Tunapuna MP, said a public announcement would soon be made on the ground-breaking development.

“Change does not come simply by saying it. Change comes by doing it. And doing it is what I will continue to do,” he said amid loud cheers from the audience, most of whom were activists and constituents.

Several Congress of the People members, including attorney Vernon De Lima, former national security minister Joseph Toney, and former president of the Public Services Association Clyde Weatherhead attended the event.

Former Speaker of the House of Representatives Nizam Mohammed and former attorney general Anthony Smart were also present. Dookeran’s announcement came exactly one week after he revealed that the Government would be faced with some challenges in charting the country’s economic future.

He had, however, assured that the Government would still be able to fulfil its promises to the people, which were made during the campaign in the run-up to the May 24 General Election.

Yesterday, the former Central Bank Governor told his audience that he had already begun the process of formulating the new fiscal package, but was forced to revamp the process which had been adopted by the former PNM administration.

Dookeran, who has been meeting with the ministry’s technocrats, said unlike the PNM, the People’s Partnership intended to democratise the process through dialogue with business and labour leaders, civil society representatives and housewives.

“I have begun the process of charting the new budget for Trinidad and Tobago and already we have designed a new approach and I have had discussions with all those in the Ministry of Finance, who in the past, have gone through an exercise which they call a consultation,” he said.

“What they (PNM) called consultation was simply hearing what they have to say, not listening to them and doing what you want to do.

“So, I have told them that my first task is to redesign the consultation process. We can change this name to the dialogue process because we want to begin dialogue with all the stakeholders in the country. Regrettably, we have to do this rather quickly, but we shall commence a new dialogue process with all the stakeholders in the country.

“Those stakeholders will, of course, come from the business sector, the labour sector, civil society and the household sector.”

Acknowledging that expectations were high for a speedy delivery, Dookeran vowed to honour the pledge of the Tunapuna manifesto, through the Partnership Council.

One of the first items on its agenda, he said, would be to publicly honour the contributions of the district’s outstanding citizens.

These include late scholar and economist Lloyd Best, former PNM MP Eddie Hart, surgeon Dr Vijay Narinesingh, calypsonian Edwin “Crazy” Ayoung, renowned pianist Winnifred Atwell and businessman Chanka Seeteram.

Dookeran said the People’s Partnership, a coalition of four Opposition forces, represented a new call to duty.

“We know that we must build a transparent Government, a new kind of Government in Trinidad and Tobago,” he said. “What we have done is broken the politics of the past and embraced a new politics of the future. It is a feat that history must recognise for years to come.”

In an earlier address, historian Dr Brinsley Samaroo gave an overview of the concept for the Tunapuna Partnership Council. He said although the organisation was non-partisan in structure, attempts would be made to break up the Partnership.

“We have to watch that,” he said, urging constituents to assist in easing Dookeran’s burden in his dual role as finance minister and MP.

Samaroo said the Council would comprise an executive and what he referred to as service desk, which would listen to the complaints of constituents.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>