May 23, 2024, 03:07:19 AM

Author Topic: Kamla Persad-Bissessar Thread.  (Read 206669 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kamla Persad-Bissessar first 100-days.
« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »
They just choose not to go into a detailed explanation to the applicant.  The OIG report however did indcate that there were times when the applicant that got turned down should not have been for the reasons given.  For the most part though it appears to be a thorough process....just mih 2 cents....

Another thing about not giving a full explanation is that even though it unfair tuh de applicant, it makes perfect sense to the Embassy staff to not do it.  Sometimes the more info yuh give somebody the better they learn how to defeat the system.  It come like telling people where the speed trap on de highway is; tell them what you looking for (in order to reject them) and they'll learn how to prevent the negative info from factoring in.

One thing I like about the OIG report is that they clamp down on them rejecting pregnant women... even though in a lot of cases some ah dem women flying out specifically so that they chile could born America.  The report say however that yuh cyah make everybody pay fuh what some might be guilty of.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 08, 2010, 02:28:19 PM »
Well my visa expring in 2011 dey betta doh play d FOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. It have nuff cruise leavin Miami and ever so often I go Maryland 2 look 4 meh sis. I assure u no intention of staying in d good ole USA. So again dey betta doh play d FOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #242 on: August 08, 2010, 02:47:45 PM »
Well my visa expring in 2011 dey betta doh play d FOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. It have nuff cruise leavin Miami and ever so often I go Maryland 2 look 4 meh sis. I assure u no intention of staying in d good ole USA. So again dey betta doh play d FOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
I had mine renewed in 2007 after travelling to the US only once on the first visa. I doubt you will have a problem. Once your record shows you weren't spending 5 months and 3 weeks regularly  ;D.  I got mine renewed for 10 years and I was an OJT at the time. I carried a normal bank statement showing my little stipend I was collecting every month. The guy talk to me for 3 minutes at most and it was approved.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 08, 2010, 02:56:36 PM »
I had mine renewed in 2007 after travelling to the US only once on the first visa. I doubt you will have a problem. Once your record shows you weren't spending 5 months and 3 weeks regularly  ;D.  I got mine renewed for 10 years and I was an OJT at the time. I carried a normal bank statement showing my little stipend I was collecting every month. The guy talk to me for 3 minutes at most and it was approved.

Neva spent more than 3 wks in d people place. All yuh go know what happen. Dey betta doh play d FOLLLLLL DAT IS ALL I SAYINNN.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2010, 03:54:26 PM »
They just choose not to go into a detailed explanation to the applicant.  The OIG report however did indcate that there were times when the applicant that got turned down should not have been for the reasons given.  For the most part though it appears to be a thorough process....just mih 2 cents....

Another thing about not giving a full explanation is that even though it unfair tuh de applicant, it makes perfect sense to the Embassy staff to not do it.  Sometimes the more info yuh give somebody the better they learn how to defeat the system.  It come like telling people where the speed trap on de highway is; tell them what you looking for (in order to reject them) and they'll learn how to prevent the negative info from factoring in.

One thing I like about the OIG report is that they clamp down on them rejecting pregnant women... even though in a lot of cases some ah dem women flying out specifically so that they chile could born America.  The report say however that yuh cyah make everybody pay fuh what some might be guilty of.

Guys, there are some Congressmen(Repubs, mostly) who want to change the birthright law. They want children born to illegal immigrants not be given citizen even though they born in the US. So pregnant women may get the scrutiny again.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2010, 05:24:16 PM »

well look at dat. yuh girl have a stable job, had all my bank statements, had d letter from from my Chairman (who is a high profile person and easily recognisable) stating what the purpose of the vist to d states was, a letter from uwi showing i was a student and the other relevnt documents, and still got blanked.

mind you, my co worker who was also goin on the trip and was a first time applicant as well and who is also my age, never been to the states, same level of education (tho not in school), who more or less had a similar profile to me, got through. another reason why i suspected i was discriminated against. who knows  ???
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

AirMan

« Reply #246 on: August 08, 2010, 05:26:35 PM »
Orville London still waiting on response from the Prime Minsiter since June 7th regarding issues relating to the THA..

link..http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/100205479.html

London, who wrote to Persad-Bissessar on June 7, 2010 requesting a meeting, said he is still waiting on communication from her.

In a six page letter he apprised the Prime Minister of issues such as budgetary allocation, the completion of projects funded by the Central Government and land tenure, which he said were critical in the development of Tobago.

He said, "According to the THA Act the Prime Minister and the THA Chief Secretary are supposed to meet regularly

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #247 on: August 08, 2010, 06:13:46 PM »

well look at dat. yuh girl have a stable job, had all my bank statements, had d letter from from my Chairman (who is a high profile person and easily recognisable) stating what the purpose of the vist to d states was, a letter from uwi showing i was a student and the other relevnt documents, and still got blanked.

mind you, my co worker who was also goin on the trip and was a first time applicant as well and who is also my age, never been to the states, same level of education (tho not in school), who more or less had a similar profile to me, got through. another reason why i suspected i was discriminated against. who knows  ???
Is that coworker male ?

I have a friend who applied and promptly denied. She was told that she matched the profile of a 'husband hunter'. Her interviewer was a woman btw.

She has Tertiary level education  and a permanent job at a statutory board.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 06:18:05 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2010, 06:54:06 PM »

Is that coworker male ?

I have a friend who applied and promptly denied. She was told that she matched the profile of a 'husband hunter'. Her interviewer was a woman btw.

All yuh makin dem ting as all yuh go along. Seriously dey out of order baddddddd.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #249 on: August 08, 2010, 07:33:30 PM »

Is that coworker male ?

I have a friend who applied and was promptly denied. She was told that she matched the profile of a 'husband hunter'. Her interviewer was a woman btw.

All yuh makin dem ting as all yuh go along. Seriously dey out of order baddddddd.
Nope, I had to ask her if she was joking. She wanted to visit for few a weeks and she get blank.

We were having a discussion on this issue in class and at least 4 women revealed that they were denied. It was comical they way all of them protested almost unison. Its post graduate class btw, with professionals and business owners. Two of the ladies (still very perturbed by their rejection) indicated that they noticed the male interviewer granted more approvals than the female one.

I remember a report read on the Tony and Dale show last year from the State Department confirming that certain officers were taking liberties and basically profiling applicants which is actually against the S.D. policy.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 08, 2010, 07:38:17 PM »

Is that coworker male ?

a female

the interviewer was male.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #251 on: August 08, 2010, 07:48:54 PM »
ok

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 08, 2010, 08:03:47 PM »
I have a girlfriend she say 2 things she doh tell people bout is d Labour Ward and the US embassy interview everybody expeience different.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 09, 2010, 06:29:42 AM »

Mine expiring next year as well......we could arrange to go together for moral support.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 09, 2010, 08:25:39 AM »
lol!! husband hunter?!?...dem yankee is headache oui

weary dey go tell yuh yuh lookin for yankee hubby ;)
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

truetrini

« Reply #255 on: August 09, 2010, 08:35:12 AM »
lol!! husband hunter?!?...dem yankee is headache oui

weary dey go tell yuh yuh lookin for yankee hubby ;)
all weary have to do is tell dem she have ah Dutch Husband name Wim...;)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 09, 2010, 11:16:04 AM »

Mine expiring next year as well......we could arrange to go together for moral support.... ;D

Its a date.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 09, 2010, 11:31:38 AM »
For the record, people NO LONGER stand in the hot sun like they did in the Doc days to get a visa!  They have appointments now!

Just for JC's edification.
and how do they get these appointments  pre tell ?

PS: in the doc days ppl did not line up to go to the embassy, that's BC getting ah U.S. visa back then was no big deal, even when chambers was PM there was still no big visa rush. ppl simply walked in , sat in the waiting area and got ah visa, reason i knew, my aunt lived on marley st for yrs and on some school nights i would stay with her and i saw ppl coming and going without fuss nor fight.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:36:44 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 09, 2010, 11:40:16 AM »
Rowley talking some sense dey..
Rowley is ah phat c@nt!! and ah sour grapes one @ dat! since dat man take the reins i eh hear one encouraging complimentary thing about the new government! all of ah sudden now he noticing all these things wrong wid the country.

and for the record, anil is right tuh say what he said! and tuh add insult, if that was in the days when the doc was runnin TNT, the U.S. woulda never pull dat dog treatment of trinis! standin in the HOT sun for ah stamp in dey book, pleaseee!! that shyte doh go on in countries dat have clout, suadi, france, england, germany, not even bahamas and bermuda,

so allyuh doh jump on anil, the man was asked ah question in ah public forum and he answered according to how he felt, is the yanks who makin ah big deal of it! it's not like the man went tuh dem and complain, the media asked and he showed his dissatisfaction.   simple. ::)

You talking ah emotional pack ah ass.
Well, that's your opinion, and every man woman and child is entitled to an opinion.

BTW, you're not always on point yuh self MR. so that yuh know.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:38:47 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 09, 2010, 12:10:28 PM »
Talkin bout embassies and visas.  not too long ago i went wid ah female friend to the TNT embassy here in lower manhattan, maiden lane to be exact, and to my amazement she had tuh get there @ 3am tuh stand in line on the side walk until 730 opening time tuh get an extention on her passport, that's BC they're only serving 50 ppl per day and it's on ah first come first serve basis.

in some instances ppl reaching there @ 2am just to secure ah spot, some women even come with their infants in strollers @ those ungodly hours without ah male escort, and i find that rather disturbing!

why does simple every day things like ah passport renewal or ah visa has tuh be so hard when yuh is ah TNT national ? i kinda detect some kind of total disregard predicated on the 3rd world disrespect factor.

i believe for ah country with so much resources and economic stability our citizens should be treated better! and our leaders are the ones to be blamed.

in reference to the U.S. embassy policies, we have what they need, and we should be far more demanding. it's not like our main source of income is sugar cane and flying fish! we are a rich a$$ country and our citizens should not be treated like we have rickshaw drivers pullin whiteman in the middle of POS! WTF, they need us more than we need them!

as for the TNT conciliate here in the U.S. , the govt needs tuh look into this problem, especially here in NYC, BC their policies stinks to the high heavens.                 JMO
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:36:42 PM by just cool »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 09, 2010, 01:00:12 PM »
... they need us more than we need them!

Is that so?  So everybody else outside your parallel universe have it wrong then?

truetrini

« Reply #261 on: August 09, 2010, 03:06:55 PM »
For the record, people NO LONGER stand in the hot sun like they did in the Doc days to get a visa!  They have appointments now!

Just for JC's edification.
and how do they get these appointments  pre tell ?

PS: in the doc days ppl did not line up to go to the embassy, that's BC getting ah U.S. visa back then was no big deal, even when chambers was PM there was still no big visa rush. ppl simply walked in , sat in the waiting area and got ah visa, reason i knew, my aunt lived on marley st for yrs and on some school nights i would stay with her and i saw ppl coming and going without fuss nor fight.

Fella yuh had to line up and wait den too...lines may be longer now, as more people want to travel, income increased etc.  Now people make online appointments and jes reach in time fuh yuh appointments, there are NO walk in appointments shit like in de Doc and Chambers days..NONE!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 03:18:09 PM by Trinity Cross »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #262 on: August 09, 2010, 03:13:00 PM »
in reference to the U.S. embassy policies, we have what they need, and we should be far more demanding. it's not like our main source of income is sugar cane and flying fish! we are a rich a$$ country and our citizens should not be treated like we have rickshaw drivers pullin whiteman in the middle of POS! WTF, they need us more than we need them!
Our ability to generate foreign exchange by monetizing petro-carbon resources has little impact on labour market conditions in T&T. The energy industry accounts for 40 % of GDP but only employ 5 % of the population.

It is true that they require our labour but there is no evidence to suggest that this labour couldn't be sourced elsewhere. It is also true that the American labour market in total would be able to remunerate  workers more generously than ours. Economic symbiosis except they have plenty other birds who ready and willing to eat the tick off deh back.

In any case the State Department would have best practices to follow around the world, regardless of economic conditions in the host nation in keeping with consideration for the complex geopolitical issues which may exist. They should ensure that local embassy is in compliance.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 09, 2010, 11:03:28 PM »

Rich how, rich where, yeah we have oil and gas but we not exactly rich...Every minute we hear talks that the treasury is empty, even political parties campaign on this point..We have oil and gas but the ppl are not rolling around in ferraris and porsches, do U not that pp; from the arab nations are expected to spend over 250 million pounds this summer on shopping, not to mention they are buying up all the high end real estate in London. We talking homes that go for nothing less than 10 million pounds..We still trying to market tourism as bake and shark and maracas and failing miserably at it...Other countries have moved on to Motorsports, gambling and other activities that attract the rich and famous...They are rich, we are not...!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 09, 2010, 11:38:14 PM »
Rich how, rich where, yeah we have oil and gas but we not exactly rich...Every minute we hear talks that the treasury is empty, even political parties campaign on this point..We have oil and gas but the ppl are not rolling around in ferraris and porsches, do U not that pp; from the arab nations are expected to spend over 250 million pounds this summer on shopping, not to mention they are buying up all the high end real estate in London. We talking homes that go for nothing less than 10 million pounds..We still trying to market tourism as bake and shark and maracas and failing miserably at it...Other countries have moved on to Motorsports, gambling and other activities that attract the rich and famous...They are rich, we are not...!!!

You mad or wha'... you eh hear Doc say "money is not ah problem"?

truetrini

« Reply #265 on: August 09, 2010, 11:44:51 PM »
problem is money

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 10, 2010, 03:40:22 AM »

Guy, we have the same ting the saudis have! and our populous is minuscule, so why the fack we can't have ah sustainable way of life? ..... yuh know why, misappropriation and mismanagement of funds. and yes we have what they want and they need us more than we need them.

we may not be ah member of opec but we not in the dog house either.  there's no caribbean country that is in demand like TNT, we are the industrial bread basket of the WI, plus whiteman doh hang out no place where they can't turn ah buck.

truetrini

« Reply #267 on: August 13, 2010, 11:04:30 PM »
Kamla's NY trip to cost taxpayers $.4m
By —Joel Julien

Story Created: Aug 14, 2010 at 1:03 AM ECT

(Story Updated: Aug 14, 2010 at 1:03 AM ECT )

PRIME MINISTER Kamla Persad-Bissessar's ten-day trip to the Big Apple will cost taxpayers just over $400,000, Press Secretary Garvin Nicholas stated yesterday.

"The budgeted expenditure of the Prime Minister and her party's ten-day trip to New York, USA, is approximately $380,000, plus a contingency fee of US$4,000," Nicholas said in a media release yesterday.

Persad-Bissessar left the country yesterday out of Piarco Airport on a commercial flight. She is scheduled to return to Trinidad on August 22.

The entire first-class section of the plane was booked to accommodate Persad-Bissessar, members of her Cabinet and their families who were aboard the flight, a Caribbean Airlines source said yesterday.

It is not confirmed whether the $400,000 price tag includes the other members of the entourage.

Persad-Bissessar was scheduled to visit the State University of New York in Albany, the Polytechnic Institute Public Symposium in Brooklyn, a Public Meeting at Maracas, Queens, and a fund-raiser and dinner at Liberty Avenue in Queens yesterday.

She is expected to be interviewed by India TV Network and visit Shiva Temple at Richmond Hill for a reception today.

Persad-Bissessar has been criticised for the timing of her second State trip overseas. But Nicholas said the trip would be of benefit for the country.

"By meeting face to face with members of these organisations, the Prime Minister hopes to convince them to play a greater role in the development of our twin-island State, which it is hoped will redound to the benefit of the population of Trinidad and Tobago, more substantially than the two summits held over the last two years at an estimated cost of some $3 billion," Nicholas said.

Persad-Bissessar was invited to New York to be a special guest at the 30th India Parade scheduled for tomorrow and a celebratory dinner carded for Monday

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 14, 2010, 12:04:17 AM »
"By meeting face to face with members of these organisations, the Prime Minister hopes to convince them to play a greater role in the development of our twin-island State, which it is hoped will redound to the benefit of the population of Trinidad and Tobago, more substantially than the two summits held over the last two years at an estimated cost of some $3 billion," Nicholas said.

LOL...  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Dem people is tears oui... meeting with some nightclub and restaurant owners out in Queens will benefit TnT HOW??  Yuh'd swear was real movers and shakers she meeting with.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #269 on: August 14, 2010, 07:10:27 AM »
Clearly this is not an official visit and state funds shouldn't be used to finance it. Just my opinion.

1]; } ?>