April 29, 2024, 08:52:12 AM

Author Topic: Kamla Persad-Bissessar Thread.  (Read 204584 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Kamla Persad-Bissessar first 100-days.
« Reply #780 on: September 19, 2012, 08:34:30 AM »
eat ah food......drink ah juice.......stay quiet.......many trinis have ah price, and most  can be bought for ah simple ting like being on d "inside" wit full access to d johnny and puncheon, all elected COP member fall in dat, Igor....... ah mean.......Anil ::) was always undercover UNC from since dat first taste ah johnny blue from jackula veins. steups
I pity the fool....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #781 on: September 19, 2012, 03:32:05 PM »
Trinidad Guardian ‏@TriniGuardian
PM: I will tell all. @pmkamla promises to break her silence on proclamation of Section 34 of Administration of Justice Act. #news #trinidad

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 19, 2012, 03:53:29 PM »
she will tell another lie
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 19, 2012, 06:36:45 PM »
PM: I will tell all. @pmkamla promises to break her silence on proclamation of Section 34 of Administration of Justice Act. #news #trinidad

Translation:  Rowley and de PNM was cahoots with we and only playing that de didn't know about the proclamation.  Oh and de Country Bookie and Volney staying right here in my Parliament.....who eh like it, get to hell outta here!!!!

*reminds me of a song*   :thinking:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 19, 2012, 10:15:45 PM »

Translation:  Rowley and de PNM was cahoots with we and only playing that de didn't know about the proclamation.  Oh and de Country Bookie and Volney staying right here in my Parliament.....who eh like it, get to hell outta here!!!!

Sugar, Everybody agree on the bill, okay. But there were conditions. So explain to me how all the parties were in cahoots. The opposition say we will support on condition. Then in the middle of the night back stab them. Tell me if there was something so different. I still can't understand it. If that is the case then UNC will have to pass all the bills by themselves. I would oppose every friggin' one because I eh believe anything they saying.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 19, 2012, 10:45:26 PM »

Sugar, Everybody agree on the bill, okay. But there were conditions. So explain to me how all the parties were in cahoots. The opposition say we will support on condition. Then in the middle of the night back stab them. Tell me if there was something so different. I still can't understand it. If that is the case then UNC will have to pass all the bills by themselves. I would oppose every friggin' one because I eh believe anything they saying.

Deeks, I think Sugar was being sarcastic......at least I hope so!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 20, 2012, 05:26:40 AM »

Deeks, I think Sugar was being sarcastic......at least I hope so!!

Deeks, calm down!!!   :)  :)  Mods, we need a sarcasm emoticon please and thanks.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 20, 2012, 05:49:48 PM »
Volney get fired. Good riddance
Youtube Channel

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 20, 2012, 05:53:08 PM »

Kamla: "The integrity of my government will not be compromised by anyone, regardless of office".

Lol, Kamla say she has listened to the voices of the man on the street. Steups
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 20, 2012, 07:47:50 PM »

Kamla: "The integrity of my government will not be compromised by anyone, regardless of office".

Lol, Kamla say she has listened to the voices of the man on the street. Steups

She should name "the man on the street" AG then.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 20, 2012, 08:06:12 PM »
Good... a promotion for Volney. From goat to scape goat. How de legal advisor eh get nuttin? He files real strong or wha?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 22, 2012, 04:20:22 AM »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #793 on: September 22, 2012, 05:12:46 PM »
CCN TV6 (@tv6tnt)
9/22/12 7:10 PM
PM refuses to answer reporters' questions about Section 34 fiasco, and dismissal of Mr. Volney. She defers to Warner "to speak on that"

Sent from my iPad

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 22, 2012, 05:37:41 PM »
Lol Warner is the pm now?
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: September 22, 2012, 06:17:47 PM »
Lol Warner is the pm now?

Now she now confirmin what we always knew
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #796 on: September 22, 2012, 09:28:19 PM »
Volney wants AG fired
Saturday 22nd September, 2012

Sacked Minister of Justice Herbert Volney is calling on Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar to fire his former Cabinet colleague, Attorney General Anand Ramlogan.

His call was made on his Facebook page.

The post on Mr. Volney's Facebook page reads: "I want to thank the hundreds of people from all walks of life for your support for me and my family. We are people of faith and we are covered by the blood of Jesus Christ.  We need now to pray to God for strength for our Prime Minister who is now overcome by Anand Ramlogan that she may purge herself of the influence of one who is unelected by the people."

On Thursday, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, in a statement to the nation, said Mr. Volney gave the Cabinet assurances that both the Chief Justice and the Director of Public Prosecutions supported the early Proclamation of Section 34 of the Administration of Justice Indictable Proceedings Act. She said Mr. Volney's failure to faithfully and accurately represent the CJ and DPP's positions to the Cabinet is a serious misrepresentation and amounts to material non-disclosure. This led to the revocation of his Ministerial appointment.

Also lending his voice on the firing was Sports Minister Anil Roberts who agreed with the Prime Minister's decision to fire Justice Minister Herbert Volney. He said Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar is an astute attorney who understood the ramifications of Section 34.

Constituencies of the United National Congress across the country have also been expressing their full support for the Prime Minister’s decision to fire Mr. Volney.

They said Mrs. Persad-Bissessar was deliberately patient, weighing the facts and gathering information and she ultimately did the right thing.

Related Articles:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 22, 2012, 10:16:37 PM »
Source?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 23, 2012, 06:57:42 AM »
Not sure which thread to put this in so ah using this one.....

Water more than flour
By Sunity Maharaj

So once again, the old authoritarian culture has risen to its own protection and self-preservation with all the smugness of an established order.
For, which democratic society would accept that a Cabinet under suspicion of negligence and misbehaviour in public office should be allowed to investigate itself?
Surely, public interest would suggest that the last person to conduct an enquiry into the Section 34 Cabinet outrage is the Prime Minister who, as head of the Cabinet, is accountable, primus inter pares, for all actions of the Cabinet. Herself to herself, as the Mighty Spoiler might say.
At least Spoiler's magistrate was willing to charge himself, even if he too, was ultimately playing for a five-year deal. (Magistrate Try Himself, Mighty Spoiler).

But such is the culture that supports maximum power, that just when healthy skepticism is most needed, we are tempted to settle for benefit of the doubt since de boss say so.
If ever a matter cries out for a Presidential commission of enquiry, it is this hijacking and subversion of the entire apparatus of the State. And what about the Parliament?
On behalf of the 1.3 million people which it represents, will it not demand justice for the crime to which it has been made a party?

With our complacency shattered by the shock and horror of learning that there is no place safe and uninfiltrated by the cancer of corruption and incompetence, we find ourselves adrift, cut loose from the moorings of our comfortable assumptions about life in sweet T&T.
For the sheer magnitude of its brass-facedness, the nearest comparison for Section 34 is that Friday evening in July 27, 1990 when 114 men took the country hostage.As we survey the shards of broken trust, where, we wonder, is there a haven for our hopes?
Certainly not within the cabinet where, for eternity, all are bound by this single act of collective irresponsibility.
Finally, in a single stroke, the UNC and COP have buried their differences beneath the common interest of political survival.Now sheltering under the fig leaf provided in the Prime Minister's speech, the party that rose to office on a promise of new politics, now faces a future of division along the lines of the old politics: party name and symbol in one place; party people in another. With possibility approaching probability, opportunity is in the air for new players and alliances by the next general election. For the COP, too, the challenge will be survival.

Predictably, under pressure on Thursday night, the leader of the UNC, so reluctant to embrace her partner-leaders in governance, reached out to fashion a set designed to suggest unity and strength. For the occasion, Makandal Daaga, Ashworth Jack and Prakash Ramadhar were suitably elevated to the status of props for the leader.  She may be a novice at governance, but this Prime Minister has no equal in the art of survival, honed as her talents have been on the sharp whetstone of the politics of Basdeo Panday.
Raffique Shah, Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj, Winston Dookeran and Hulsie Bhaggan are only a few who would know precisely what it might have taken to have outlasted Panday. In a land where politics is purely the art of the possible, the strategy of "by any means necessary" has spawned an ideology in which rank opportunism is exalted as the highest form of politics under the twin peaks of the PM and her alter ego, Jack Warner. Neither should take this as a personal slight; not when the ideology is so widely worshipped across the national landscape.
Ultimately, however, it is We, The People, who have been the architect of the permissive conditions in which this ideology has flourished to the point where it now threatens to overrun this garden republic of ours.

Our unwillingness to assume responsibility for what goes on in our own land, and to place our lives into the hands of those we have not even bothered to scrutinise, has now brought us sharply up against the unflinching, unyielding law of consequences.
Who among us would dare deny that the comprehensive failure demonstrated by the fiasco of Section 34 is the inevitable consequence of the culture of Crapaud Politics? Programme and policy be damned when the main course is rum and roti accompanied by regular snacking on wine and jam.
Our willingness to be summoned by the ethnic call, to line up behind bandwagons without reference to driver, route and destination, to surrender responsibility to somebody- anybody- else, over these five decades of independence have now, ineluctably, brought us to this point. The multiple orgies of outrage, masquerading as general elections in T&T, are producing a politics of increasingly diminishing returns. As self-delusion gives way to disappointment, cynicism and apathy just need one lit match to transform anger into rage in search of blood. On Thursday night, in response to the demand for blood, the PM offered up Volney's head, confident in the knowledge that, having licked our chops, we will then lick our wounds and, appeased, slink away.

It was a gamble based on her own reading of the political culture of a people for whom a bloody head is often more satisfying than the truth. Except when water more than flour.
The survival gene may be most powerful in the political class, but only because it is etched into the DNA of a whole people for whom survival was the biggest triumph of life in the West Indies.
And, from time to time, as happened last week, the survival instinct kicks in to stir the people out of their apathy to rescue their country from the brink. Call it brinksmanship, or the wisdom of the collective. Already, we are demonstrating this could be one such time.
In the case of Section 34, enough experts have tracked the timeline to show that the story, as presented, simply does not add up.

But ultimately, whether Volney slipped one by them or not, who could believe that the words "Section 34", written in black and white before men and women who had championed the legislation for months and would know it like the back of their hands, could have failed to recognize it as it passed under noses.
Over the past week, when it most counted, the power of public opinion demonstrated its omnipotence over the power of office.The requirement now is for eternal vigilance.
Because, to invoke the Mighty Spoiler, the old order may be decomposing till it stinks, but it composing still.

• Sunity Maharaj is the editor of the
T&T Review and director of the
Lloyd Best Institute of the West Indies

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/commentaries/Water_more_than_flour-170861191.html
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

truetrini

« Reply #799 on: September 23, 2012, 08:50:48 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2012-09-23/volney-mum-ag-attacked-facebook-page

Attorney General Anand Ramlogan has come under attack through a wall post on a Facebook page allegedly operated by axed justice minister Herbert Volney. The post on MP Herbert Volney’s Page yesterday stated: “I want to thank the hundreds of people from all walks of life for your support for me and my family.

Volney's facebook page posts statement on dismissal, Jack Warner and PM responds

We are people of faith and we are covered by the blood of Jesus Christ. We need now to pray to God for strength for our Prime Minister who is now overcome by Anand Ramlogan that she may purge herself of the influence of one who is unelected by the people but influences her in a way that We the People must fear.”

Volney is mum on the issue and is neither admitting nor denying he wrote the comments. When contacted around 6.30 pm yesterday, Volney said the “integrity” of the page should be investigated. He said he had made enough statements to the media and to respect his wish not to comment further. There are five Facebook accounts attributed to Volney, all of which had pictures of him and his family.

A visit to Volney’s Champ Fleurs, home was fruitless as his front gate was locked and no one was in sight. When contacted then, he said he preferred to remain silent. The comments triggered responses from his Facebook friends. Eve Rangai wrote: “no washing of dirty linen in public Sir....thanks for your contribution to our country...”

Gerard Pinard wrote: “Please tell the nation the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, Mr Volney. It is time for people of courage and integrity to step forward and save our beloved country.” Volney was fired on Thursday by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar surrounding the Administration of Justice (Indictable Offences) Act and the proclamation of Section 34.

The PM said Volney had a duty to faithfully and accurately represent the position and views of the Chief Justice and the Director of Public Prosecutions and that he failed to do so. She said the Cabinet relied and acted on his assurances in good faith and that his failure to do so was a serious misrepresentation and amounted to material non-disclosure of relevant facts to the Cabinet which effectively prevented it from making an informed decision.

Ramlogan was also contacted yesterday but in a brief telephone interview, he said, “I do not intend to respond to anything like that.” He claimed he had the virus and had not seen the comments. Volney’s purported comments were read to the AG who listened and then replied, “I have no comments to make.” Asked if the comments made his Government look bad, Ramlogan sighed, insisting he had nothing to say.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #800 on: September 23, 2012, 05:43:21 PM »
@tv6tnt Govt to hold 'pre-Budget rally' at MidCentre Mall on Saturday

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 23, 2012, 08:59:52 PM »

Wha de milkana condensed milk I hearing here in true? So dahs dey solution...when de public in doubt...fete it out?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 23, 2012, 09:12:15 PM »

Wha de milkana condensed milk I hearing here in true? So dahs dey solution...when de public in doubt...fete it out?

Panem et Circenses...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 12:39:43 AM by Bakes »

truetrini

« Reply #803 on: September 23, 2012, 11:05:48 PM »

Panen et Circenses...

Cynical aren't we all?  lol

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 24, 2012, 08:54:53 AM »

Dey call me Mr. Fete!!!  Hay haaaaaa!!!
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 25, 2012, 11:11:10 AM »

Panem et Circenses...

I doh want to make assumptions...say it in english now nah Bakes.  I want to make sure that if I have to repeat it, I know what it means  ;)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 25, 2012, 11:35:01 AM »
what the hell is a pre-budget rally? is that where you spend money to say you're broke?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 25, 2012, 02:18:00 PM »

Panem et Circenses...

I doh want to make assumptions...say it in english now nah Bakes.  I want to make sure that if I have to repeat it, I know what it means  ;)

It mean yuh hire some panmen tuh play some tunes and bad up de people head   ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 25, 2012, 03:27:57 PM »
penix et circumcision!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 26, 2012, 02:23:38 PM »
COP = UNC = PNM = worthless shit

all ah dem is de same

1]; } ?>