April 24, 2024, 01:39:34 PM

Author Topic: Kamla Persad-Bissessar Thread.  (Read 203890 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kamla Persad-Bissessar first 100-days.
« Reply #810 on: September 26, 2012, 04:09:36 PM »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 26, 2012, 04:16:30 PM »
Fete away yuh worries, that is how you solve serious issues.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 26, 2012, 05:07:39 PM »
COP = UNC = PNM = worthless shit

all ah dem is de same

Ah nearly went looking for the "like" button for this post....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 26, 2012, 05:08:59 PM »

Oh gorm....it doesn't look like the citizens are happy....*tsk, tsk, tsk*
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 26, 2012, 05:30:27 PM »
Is this bash on Saturday? If it is,  then they will have a big crowd.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 26, 2012, 05:45:24 PM »
COP = UNC = PNM = worthless shit

all ah dem is de same

WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. UNC AKA COP makin u miss d PNM. How much people go take wit these jokers.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 26, 2012, 06:05:05 PM »
Crime is down, this is the best government so far...
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 26, 2012, 06:26:56 PM »
D PP buy out all the tv and radio stations air time tonight to explain d section 34 fiasco. conveniently around d same time when d pnm having their meeting in Arouca.

My question is, Why d hell they didnt say ALLL they had to say when it was debated in the parliament??  ::)
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 26, 2012, 09:49:45 PM »
Thank God 4 cable. Doh have 2 watch these buffons.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 26, 2012, 09:52:40 PM »
D PP buy out all the tv and radio stations air time tonight to explain d section 34 fiasco. conveniently around d same time when d pnm having their meeting in Arouca.

My question is, Why d hell they didnt say ALLL they had to say when it was debated in the parliament??  ::)

It does take time to come up with a good lie yuh know.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 27, 2012, 06:53:18 PM »
So....somebody pointed me to this:

apparently "Criminal Legislation" was removed from the portfolio since 2011. So where does it fall now?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 27, 2012, 09:44:49 PM »
apparently "Criminal Legislation" was removed from the portfolio since 2011. So where does it fall now?

More to the point, if Herb wasn't responsible for it, how come it was him who piloted through both houses?

Kamla forgot? Anan forgot?  This is deeper and more sinister than anyone imagined.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 28, 2012, 01:19:15 AM »

More to the point, if Herb wasn't responsible for it, how come it was him who piloted through both houses?

Kamla forgot? Anan forgot?  This is deeper and more sinister than anyone imagined.

Was removed from the AG's portfolio and given to the Min. of Justice.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 28, 2012, 04:51:31 AM »

Hmm. I thought it was given to Justice when the position was created in 2010. Then, according to the Gazette, was not there in July 2011? Not so?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #824 on: September 28, 2012, 05:38:18 AM »

Hmm. I thought it was given to Justice when the position was created in 2010. Then, according to the Gazette, was not there in July 2011? Not so?
This is correct.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #825 on: September 28, 2012, 07:21:32 AM »

This is correct.

So, my question remains: Kamla forgot? Anan forgot?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 28, 2012, 07:59:06 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/JACK_ATTACKS_MEDIA-171639871.html

United National Congress (UNC) chairman and Minister of National Security Jack Warner yesterday warned that all media workers with "an axe to grind" against the Government should first be beyond reproach themselves.

"If you are going to attempt to expose people then be above reproach," Warner said in a telephone interview.

Warner said he was noticing a "most deceitful" trend where media reporters used their position to "push an agenda" and saw where the media were "compliant" with the Opposition People's National Movement (PNM).

"That is duplicitous," he said.
(sounds familiar?)
When asked if his statements should be seen as a threat to media workers, Warner said he was "not threatening anybody".

"That is not a threat. I will never go down that road," he said.

Warner's statements yesterday confirmed similar statements he made on Wednesday night's Democracy Is Alive programme.

During the programme, Warner held up this week's Sunday Express, and pointed to two front-page articles.

"(Opposition leader Dr Keith) Rowley is being propped up by a section of a compliant media," he charged.

Warner said the articles, published on Sunday, detailed two issues, one two years old, another two months old which was not current news but was written "as though they happened last week".

Asked who wrote the articles by programme host Hansley Ajodha, Warner responded that it was Asha Javeed, who left the Guardian and went to the Express "and you know her history...where she lives and so on..."

With regards to the programme, Warner said it was a People's Partnership party initiative which aired simultaneously on five local television stations between 8 p.m. and 9.15 p.m. While Warner was unable to put a total cost to the initiative, the Express learned that prime time allocations on various local stations cost between $70,000 to $100,000 for that one hour.

It is also understood that one television station located in Central Trinidad charged the party $6,000 to air the programme.

Warner said the programming format was expected to continue every Wednesday until December but would include other party panelists and was paid for by party funds through its advertising advisers, Ross Advertising.

In a telephone interview yesterday, Ernie Ross, owner of Ross Advertising, confirmed that the programme was paid for by the People's Partnership party and not through any Government funds. He referred all questions regarding the final cost of the programme back to Warner, but said "it was not a significant sum".

At a post-Cabinet press briefing yesterday, Local Government Minister Dr Surujrattan Rambachan also said that taxpayers did not foot the bill for the programme.

"No State funds are being used for those programmes, those are party programmes and it is a programme that will be funded by the party every Wednesday night on (State-owned Caribbean News Media Group) CNMG, we are prepared to put it on the other stations," he said.

Though the programme coincided with a People's National Movement (PNM) public meeting in Arouca, Rambachan denied it was done deliberately.

"This was planned long before the PNM meeting last night. It is not something that was in any way a reaction to the PNM," he said.

The programme was moderated by television personality Hansley Ajodha who is also the current Director of Communications at the Ministry of Education and included both Warner, Rambachan, Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal, Sport Minister and Congress of the People member Anil Roberts and Tobago House of Assembly leader, Ashworth Jack. Ajodha seemed to pose prefixed and guided questions to a panel and included his own sentiments on the Section 34 fiasco and subsequent public fallout.

"My own feeling is that we are beyond Section 34 now," Ajodha said to the panelists.

But the group did not seem to need his help to move beyond the contentious Section 34 issue and instead detailed the "scandals" under the PNM including the outstanding perjury case of former UDeCOTT boss Calder Hart and former PNM leader Patrick Manning's involvement in the construction of a multi-million dollar church at the Heights of Guanapo. They called Rowley an "abuser" and played a 2009 video clip of when former prime minister and PNM leader Patrick Manning labelled then senator Dr Keith Rowley "a bully".

With regards to the pre-budget rally tomorrow at Mid Centre Mall in Chaguanas, Warner said it was planned in direct response to a call from party supporters.

"The cry for a rally came last Sunday from the membership. We said if it's a rally you want, a rally you would get. We responded to the cry of the membership," Warner said.

Minister of Finance Larry Howai is expected to reveal a preview of the budget at the rally that would be further detailed on Monday.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 28, 2012, 09:39:35 AM »
Bourbon that whole article there is unbelievable  :o  :o

what kinda place is this?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 28, 2012, 10:10:45 AM »

Bourbon eh post the article about having daily government programs on all the TV stations and radio stations for one hour.....and if the stations don't comply there will be a law passed to make them comply.....

And dey say Manning was a Dictator......Heil Kamla!!...or is it Jack??  (he being the REAL PM).....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 28, 2012, 10:14:55 AM »

Bourbon eh post the article about having daily government programs on all the TV stations and radio stations for one hour.....and if the stations don't comply there will be a law passed to make them comply

And dey say Manning was a Dictator......Heil Kamla!!...or is it Jack??  (he being the REAL PM).....

WHAT? Me eh see dat! Post it dey!

*Edit*

I couldnt believe it so I went looking..and nicely timed...one of my friends posted it on facebook dey.

1984 and Animal Farm!

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Govt_wants_daily_programme_on_its_accomplishments-171639841.html

The Government wants one hour per day of State-produced programming on its accomplishments to be aired on local radio and TV stations.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 10:23:01 AM by Bourbon »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 28, 2012, 03:27:54 PM »

Looking at the chronology again that seems to be the case, not under his Ministry in 2011.  Presumably back under the AG... or possibly National Security.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 28, 2012, 06:27:54 PM »

Looking at the chronology again that seems to be the case, not under his Ministry in 2011.  Presumably back under the AG... or possibly National Security.

It went back under the AG.  Colm Imbert discussed it at length on Wednesday night at the PNM meeting in Arouca.  While the PP was engaing in PR and BS, the PNM was dishing out some serious cut arse.......Keith even sound like he old Rottweiler self....

Hear nah, the PP have sooooo screwed up their opportunity to bury the PNM for a long time, imagine I could tolerate listening to Colm Imbert now.  A man ah couldn't stand to listen to prior.  For all I know the man was always a good speaker/debater but ah just couldn't stand him used to tune out.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 28, 2012, 07:14:36 PM »
It went back under the AG.  Colm Imbert discussed it at length on Wednesday night at the PNM meeting in Arouca.  While the PP was engaing in PR and BS, the PNM was dishing out some serious cut arse.......Keith even sound like he old Rottweiler self....

Hear nah, the PP have sooooo screwed up their opportunity to bury the PNM for a long time, imagine I could tolerate listening to Colm Imbert now.  A man ah couldn't stand to listen to prior.  For all I know the man was always a good speaker/debater but ah just couldn't stand him used to tune out.....

thing I wanted all that they promised, but I knew that they were only saying what many trinis wanted to hear, because at heart I think we know the kind of govt and by extension the kind of democracy we want, we just cant seem to find people willing scrap the old system........In many ways Williams can be faulted for laying the foundations of this no accountability maximum leader situation we seem unable to extricated ourselves from...........d PP already dump any idea bout recall "as if we had any doubt" ..............and like the evil gremlins they are, scheming to undermine what little farce of a democracy we have now..........ah mean we elected Jack Warner ah man who time and time again undermine and stifle democracy in we football, alyuh did really feel he want it for d country steups..........god help us if dey did get ah constitutional majority
I pity the fool....

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 28, 2012, 11:46:45 PM »
when we see football lineups, the formation and the players starting we could tell how and what style the team gonna play. nobody could tell me that with the candidate lineup of the PP for election, that all this shyte wasnt expected...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 29, 2012, 08:27:16 AM »

In which case the whole "Anand not responsible coz this was Volneys job" argument is yet another untruth. I am getting very concerned that when this govt finally goes, there will be an awful lot of wrongdoing discovered.

A case in point is this $20 billion bond. What is it for? The shameless propaganda in advance of the "pre budget rally" says that "this budget will turn the peoples dreams of a better life into reality" (I've heard it so many times this week I know the ad off by heart....brain washing too ent)
In a time when they're talking about austerity measures and they can't give pay rises to public workers, how can a budget be a vote winner? Usually, mid term is when a govt makes the hardest cuts and taxes increase. The PP are using this to increase popularity. So, my question is: Will they be buying back the public with a vote winning budget and is this what the $20 billion is for?

Even if the $20 billion is for something else, you don't borrow that kind of money at 5.25% unless you really need it. If so, wheres the money coming from for the "happy budget"?

I am very scared for this country at the moment.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 29, 2012, 05:54:54 PM »
I am totally disgusted by this government, they quite obviously gone into panic mode and propaganda overdrive..

In all my life I've never heard so much political advertising and propoganda in the media outside of an election season.

Its one thing to read the articles online, but allyuh need to be hearing these ads to get the full effect.

Some of these radio ads, the tone and the delivery remind me of the movie Hotel Rwanda with the state sponsored propoganda broadcasting/brainwashing. And its not just on the stations that traditionally appeal to a politically inclined audience, i have to hear this shit all on my 96.7 Red FM, 100.5 Slam, 94.1 Boom etc which are stations that target the youth. The mdcnt ads everywhere.

Lets not talk for that panel discussion shit show they put on, and they want to ram that down people throat daily??

And who the f**k does hold a pre-budget rally?? I mean really?

Wow...

I thought Manning with the church, the radio station run in and the license plate was showing a dictatorial streak, but this shit here is real.

Who are these people?!

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 29, 2012, 06:26:22 PM »
^^^^^^^

They are your people. This is the government that you voted for. These are your players. The funny thing is that the solution to this simple. Fire Ramlogan and whoever else is culpable. But she can't touch Ramlogan cause Ramlogan also conspired against Eric Williams and Franklyn Khan and she was d one who buss mark regarding that case in parliament. They all tied up like market crab. That is their problem.

People cussing Volney now but this is the same Volney that was the judge during the Brad Boyce case. Volney's campaign manager is/was Carlos John. They were side by side walking through the constituency. Volney vs Swaratsingh in an election and people vote overwhelmingly for Volney? A man who was a judge just a week before turning politician. They're the same people.

What a tangle web we weave when we conspire to deceive. The hate for Manning was used to put this bunch into power. All the crap Manning was doing, Manning never had no constitutional majority to do any major damage. The Pnm had some sort of plan for the direction of this country. I am not a party hack. I don't get anything from any party. The last thing I got from the government of TnT was secondary school education up to form 5.

Atleast Show me that you have a plan. Their manifesto was filled with fairy dusts and unicorns. I like the idea of the children's life fund. I wish some law could be passed to allow that to continue from now on. I'll give them that.

All this talk about Calder Hart. He living Miami. The Us doesn't care or want Calder hart. Ish and Steve who the Us wants living in TnT so what does that tell you.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:55:54 PM by congo »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 29, 2012, 10:04:24 PM »
when we see football lineups, the formation and the players starting we could tell how and what style the team gonna play. nobody could tell me that with the candidate lineup of the PP for election, that all this shyte wasnt expected...

ENTTTT I eh know y people surprise. Like they were sleepin when they were in power b4.
^^^^^^^

They are your people. This is the government that you voted for. These are your players. The funny thing is that the solution to this simple. Fire Ramlogan and whoever else is culpable. But she can't touch Ramlogan cause Ramlogan also conspired against Eric Williams and Franklyn Khan and she was d one who buss mark regarding that case in parliament. They all tied up like market crab. That is their problem.

People cussing Volney now but this is the same Volney that was the judge during the Brad Boyce case. Volney's campaign manager is/was Carlos John. They were side by side walking through the constituency. Volney vs Swaratsingh in an election and people vote overwhelmingly for Volney? A man who was a judge just a week before turning politician. They're the same people.

What a tangle web we weave when we conspire to deceive. The hate for Manning was used to put this bunch into power. All the crap Manning was doing, Manning never had no constitutional majority to do any major damage. The Pnm had some sort of plan for the direction of this country. I am not a party hack. I don't get anything from any party. The last thing I got from the government of TnT was secondary school education up to form 5.

Atleast Show me that you have a plan. Their manifesto was filled with fairy dusts and unicorns. I like the idea of the children's life fund. I wish some law could be passed to allow that to continue from now on. I'll give them that.

All this talk about Calder Hart. He living Miami. The Us doesn't care or want Calder hart. Ish and Steve who the Us wants living in TnT so what does that tell you.

Say it again

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 29, 2012, 10:23:44 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/___joins_Warner_in_bashing_the_media-171879671.html

ATTORNEY GENERAL Anand Ramlogan yesterday called for self-analysis and self-introspection by the media, as he took issue with columnists with the Trinidad Express newspaper.

Ramlogan said the Express columns lacked positivity and he also took issue with the newspaper's public polling of national topics in the Big Question section in which persons on the street have their responses to questions about national issues published.

"In the Express there is a poll where they put passport-size pictures. They can't seem to move past Grand Bazaar (mall at Bamboo No.1). There seems to be an anchor in Port of Spain.

"This Port of Spain-centric approach to getting the views which do not reflect the pot-pourri of Trinidad and Tobago is something we must be concerned about," said Ramlogan.

"It is not a criticism of the media but an observation that I ask them to take on board.

"Not a single columnist in the Express had one positive line to write. That kind of imbalance is something that calls for self-analysis and self-introspection by the media itself," he added.

The AG said that journalist Maxie Cuffie, a former adviser of former People's National Movement (PNM) attorney general John Jeremie, is also to return to the Guardian newspaper.

"The media has a responsibility to reflect the views of society on which it thrives and seeks to represent democracy," said Ramlogan.

During a panel discussion on Wednesday night on national television, National Security Minister and United National Congress chairman Jack Warner held up a copy of the Sunday Express newspaper, named the author of its front-page article, and spoke of her.

Yesterday, the Media Association of Trinidad and Tobago (MATT) issued a statement condemning what it described as on-going smear campaigns against investigative journalists.

"These journalists, who have been conducting legitimate investigations, now find themselves the target of anonymous e-mails being circulated on the Internet by various groups, as well as public attacks on television by senior politicians," said the MATT statement.

"Personal attacks in response to news reports are not a valid or acceptable means of discrediting the information unearthed by journalists who are simply doing their job.

"There are various channels available, including legal ones, through which public figures may obtain redress if inaccurate information about them is carried in the media," the statement added.

MATT called on Members of Parliament and party officials to deter their followers, both in public and in private, from engaging in these unwarranted attacks on journalists.

"If this trend is not rapidly checked, the association fears a trend of organised personal attacks against journalists will eventually damage the ability of the media to report fearlessly, undermine the functioning of the media, which is fundamental to all democracies, and ultimately weaken the rights of all citizens," MATT stated.

• EDITOR'S NOTE: The Express Big Question is often asked outside of Port of Spain, including San Fernando, and by reporters on assignment in various parts of Trinidad and Tobago.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 30, 2012, 08:50:39 AM »
uuuuuummm Dinho, this is a question I have been meaning to ask you for the longest while.  Where you in the country during the last UNC reign 95 - 2002??   

I am totally disgusted by this government, they quite obviously gone into panic mode and propaganda overdrive..

In all my life I've never heard so much political advertising and propoganda in the media outside of an election season.

Its one thing to read the articles online, but allyuh need to be hearing these ads to get the full effect.

Some of these radio ads, the tone and the delivery remind me of the movie Hotel Rwanda with the state sponsored propoganda broadcasting/brainwashing. And its not just on the stations that traditionally appeal to a politically inclined audience, i have to hear this shit all on my 96.7 Red FM, 100.5 Slam, 94.1 Boom etc which are stations that target the youth. The mdcnt ads everywhere.

Lets not talk for that panel discussion shit show they put on, and they want to ram that down people throat daily??

And who the f**k does hold a pre-budget rally?? I mean really?

Wow...

I thought Manning with the church, the radio station run in and the license plate was showing a dictatorial streak, but this shit here is real.

Who are these people?!

Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

1]; } ?>