April 28, 2024, 12:34:09 AM

Author Topic: Archie  (Read 3317 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Archie
« on: May 23, 2010, 05:12:24 AM »
Just want to pass this bit of news to all who knew of this wonderful Footballer or had the opportunity to play with or against him,Milton Archibald has passed away,brother of Warren and an ex Defence Force and National team player for many years,a team mate that was very dear to me,god bless may he RIP.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Archie
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 05:29:51 AM »
RIP Coops stay strong.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 07:19:29 AM »
RIP milton he played a part in our football history however insignificant.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 08:04:56 AM »
Another talented son of the soil passes................may he RIP!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 02:48:31 PM »
Condolences to the Archie family. RIP Milton. For a while he playing in his bigger brother's shadow. He was "Archie yonga brodder". But to his credit he switch position to mid-field. He was damn good. Condolence Coops!!!!

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 05:47:16 PM »

Real sorry to hear this news.

Trevor

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 07:03:31 PM »
Condolences to his family.Very exciting midfield player.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 11:34:27 AM »
RIP Milton...one of Point Fortin's finest.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 11:49:53 AM »

1975 - kneeling, far right.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 12:25:44 PM »

1975 - kneeling, far right.

...and Coop's two before him, right?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 01:00:55 PM »
Coops is two over

Back row (L-R): Ken Henry, Lawrence Rondon, Tom Phillips, Devenish Paul, Leon Carpette, Ron LaForest, Sydney Augustine, Selwyn Murren, Edgar Vidale.
Front row (L-R): Norris Sorzano, Robert Francis, Steve Khan, Kenwyne Cooper, Mike Grayson, Milton Archibald.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 03:01:49 PM »
Coops is two over

Back row (L-R): Ken Henry, Lawrence Rondon, Tom Phillips, Devenish Paul, Leon Carpette, Ron LaForest, Sydney Augustine, Selwyn Murren, Edgar Vidale.
Front row (L-R): Norris Sorzano, Robert Francis, Steve Khan, Kenwyne Cooper, Mike Grayson, Milton Archibald.

E-man, U correct!!!!!!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 12:48:34 PM »
I guess the sadess in the back middle wanted to make sure they get his good side.

which camera he looking at  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 01:35:04 PM »
I guess the sadess in the back middle wanted to make sure they get his good side.

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 02:35:59 PM »

:rotfl:

Nah, is them thick long sleeve jerseys in the hot sun.

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 12:38:13 PM »
Questions regarding the picture -

•   Who was T&T playing?
•   Who was the starting keeper?
•   Who was Robert Francis?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 01:12:14 PM »

•   Who was T&T playing?

That picture was taken at King George V Park,it was at practice,we never played in those jerseys,national teams before us used them,we were prepareing for those Olympic qualifying games with Suriname,Barbados etc etc .
          The starting Keeper at that time was Devonish Paul,although Sorzano was used on a few occasions.
           Robert Francis was a product from the national Youth team at the time,he was from South. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 01:43:50 PM »
Condolences to the Archibald family & friends.

Milton, Bede, Warren was all big ballas back in de day.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 02:45:22 PM »

•   Who was T&T playing?

That picture was taken at King George V Park,it was at practice,we never played in those jerseys,national teams before us used them,we were prepareing for those Olympic qualifying games with Suriname,Barbados etc etc .
          The starting Keeper at that time was Devonish Paul,although Sorzano was used on a few occasions.
           Robert Francis was a product from the national Youth team at the time,he was from South. 

yes Coops, I remember that series. Them times Olimpics football was serious. 15,000 to 20,000 at the games, especially against Suriname.

Robert Francis was Naps captain. They won the national intercol in 73. He was also the captain of the 74 youth team. He played stopper. He told me he dropped off after his moms died. He then migrated to Canada. In the picture he in the front row, 2nd from your left. Nice and pleasant guy.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 02:47:44 PM »
Robert Francis was Naps captain. They won the national intercol in 73. He was also the captain of the 74 youth team. He played stopper. He told me he dropped off after his moms died. He then migrated to Canada. In the picture he in the front row, 2nd from your left. Nice and pleasant guy.

I know Zuzi well.  We used to play together for Republic Bank after he did stop playin competitive ball.  Really good player at his level.

In dah pichure...Ken Henry have a kinda Len La Forest finish sah

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:49:16 PM by palos »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 04:12:22 PM »

I know Zuzi well.  We used to play together for Republic Bank after he did stop playin competitive ball.  Really good player at his level.

Palos,
        When I first saw the pix I thought it was it Pete"Skippy"Mitchell. But it is Ken. He was a fitness man. Coming back to Skippy. He was one of the best mid-fielders coming out of high school, but some kinder madness took over and her fell by the wayside. To me he was better play maker than Sydney and Spanner. Boy if he had the opportunity like the present generation?!!!! We will never know.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2010, 04:47:42 PM »

Palos,
        When I first saw the pix I thought it was it Pete"Skippy"Mitchell. But it is Ken. He was a fitness man. Coming back to Skippy. He was one of the best mid-fielders coming out of high school, but some kinder madness took over and her fell by the wayside. To me he was better play maker than Sydney and Spanner. Boy if he had the opportunity like the present generation?!!!! We will never know.

Lots of people have superior talent

Many of those have opportunity

EXTREMELY FEW have the HEAD to accompany de talent

Which is why what Dwight Yorke accomplished has to rank right up there with the greatest sporting achievements of any Trinbagonian.  Nobody really have any idea of the mental strength he needed to have to achieve what he achieve.

One can never tell but Mitchell probably end up right where he was always goin to end up

I never see he play but a padnah a mine who's football knowledge I trust completely tell meh he is among de best he ever see in T&T.  EVER

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2010, 06:31:38 PM »

Palos,

Lots of people have superior talent

Many of those have opportunity

EXTREMELY FEW have the HEAD to accompany de talent

Which is why what Dwight Yorke accomplished has to rank right up there with the greatest sporting achievements of any Trinbagonian.  Nobody really have any idea of the mental strength he needed to have to achieve what he achieve.

One can never tell but Mitchell probably end up right where he was always goin to end up

I never see he play but a padnah a mine who's football knowledge I trust completely tell meh he is among de best he ever see in T&T.  EVER

No doubt about it. He was one of the best. He had skills and good ball control. He was not a great header of the ball, but movement with the ball at his feet was super. What a pity though nothing much was realized with all that potential!!!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 06:38:17 PM »
It have a few guys well missing from that picture,Peter Mithell,Winston Phillips,Sammy Llwelyn,Sydney Shade,Rudy Howell,just to name a few off the top of my head.

1]; } ?>