April 27, 2024, 01:11:37 PM

Poll

Will Trinidad football benefit or only Jack?

yes
15 (37.5%)
no
25 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: May 28, 2010, 07:24:49 AM

Author Topic: Jack in power: good for football? (regardless of the rest of the country)  (Read 10884 times)

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Why does it pain so much to afford a man the recognition he so richly deserves?

Jack has done so much and done so well, not only politically, but in business as well. That his dealings may be suspect or immoral is a topic well discussed and debated and will not continue in this particular post.

What will be however, is Jack's potential benefit to our football.

Haven't we benefitted enough? Whether negative or positive? Or are we all disguised hypocrites who have their hand out because 'daddy get a big wuk'?

Jack's affiliation (interference) with our football should remain unchanged. Do you expect Jack to throw sums of money in football's direction because his party has now been elected into government? Wasn't he doing that before? Or have we all gotten more greedy and are now mirroring the very trait Jack possesses that we claim to abhor?

For those who may not be so showered with the waters of knowledge, or those whose knowledge has been evaporated by the intense heat of ignorance, Jack does not need Trinidad's money. While he can do with it and surely will not refuse it...he does not NEED it.

Football will remain the same...the beneficiary of Jack's benevolence, via his personal wealth, or the beneficiary of govt funding (as in the previous administration) via his new found political power. Similarly, it may suffer ffrom the opposite.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
You might not be a fan of Jack the person and you are well aware of his character. But as corrupt as he is there is not one person in power that works harder than Jack does, and there is no one whose accomplishments on the international stage can stand up against Jack's. Those are known facts.

If you can't give credence to what Jack has been able to accomplish for this country then more power to you.

As worried as I am about him in power, I have much more confidence in him accomplishing something in government compared to any of them incompetent administrators we've gotten used to.

Someday this might work as a moving eulogy at Jack funeral... but I don't see how any of that makes him "...the best administrator this country has known."

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Why does it pain so much to afford a man the recognition he so richly deserves?

Jack has done so much and done so well, not only politically, but in business as well. That his dealings may be suspect or immoral is a topic well discussed and debated and will not continue in this particular post.

What will be however, is Jack's potential benefit to our football.

Haven't we benefitted enough? Whether negative or positive? Or are we all disguised hypocrites who have their hand out because 'daddy get a big wuk'?

Jack's affiliation (interference) with our football should remain unchanged. Do you expect Jack to throw sums of money in football's direction because his party has now been elected into government? Wasn't he doing that before? Or have we all gotten more greedy and are now mirroring the very trait Jack possesses that we claim to abhor?

For those who may not be so showered with the waters of knowledge, or those whose knowledge has been evaporated by the intense heat of ignorance, Jack does not need Trinidad's money. While he can do with it and surely will not refuse it...he does not NEED it.

Football will remain the same...the beneficiary of Jack's benevolence, via his personal wealth, or the beneficiary of govt funding (as in the previous administration) via his new found political power. Similarly, it may suffer ffrom the opposite.

Congratulations on winning Chaguanas West my Man

seriously: when I read this line I stumbled....please explain Thanks
"Haven't we benefitted enough? Whether negative or positive? Or are we all disguised hypocrites who have their hand out because 'daddy get a big wuk'?"
sounds like you promoting the "negatively benefitted" as a GOOD thing ???
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 06:21:25 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Benefitting from Jack is rarely portrayed as positive on this forum, hence my purposely apparently confusing statement.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

You might not be a fan of Jack the person and you are well aware of his character. But as corrupt as he is there is not one person in power that works harder than Jack does, and there is no one whose accomplishments on the international stage can stand up against Jack's. Those are known facts.

If you can't give credence to what Jack has been able to accomplish for this country then more power to you.

As worried as I am about him in power, I have much more confidence in him accomplishing something in government compared to any of them incompetent administrators we've gotten used to.

he got rid of the competiton dinho
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Benefitting from Jack is rarely portrayed as positive on this forum, hence my purposely apparently confusing statement.
right!! ::)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

PAY DE PLAYERS DEY MONEY JACK !!!!!!   

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

The man league was very Popular indeed and Jack shut it down
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Diamond,
             you really smoke something.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack always gets rid of the competition ... then  he is the best around .... watch out Kamla !

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Jack always gets rid of the competition ... then  he is the best around .... watch out Kamla !

how he getting rid of kamla?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Is that not what war, politics, sport and business are all about?
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Declaring that she not fit 4 public office. Watch d ride.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Declaring that she not fit 4 public office. Watch d ride.
hear de ride right here
Jack go tell Kamla
"All the drinks on Me, till 6am every day" :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile

I eh know how yet, but he get rid of Panday so he could definitely get rid of Kamla...especially cause she not as surrounded with loyal subjects since it have men like Dooks and McLeod there with there own agenda.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I eh know how yet, but he get rid of Panday so he could definitely get rid of Kamla...especially cause she not as surrounded with loyal subjects since it have men like Dooks and McLeod there with there own agenda.
well I hope that she gets her own singular advisors as she will need them
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
I am a bit baffled by what I am reading,I am 5000 miles away so maybe I dont know the full facts.I am wondering if the UNC/COP and others were not aware of JW as some sort of Lucifer,at least that is what I read.It would be stupid to accept certain people in your Party if you are aware of the character and attitude of that person especially if they could be a problem.I would also like to know if the UNC benifitted from having someone who weilds power world-wide,he is a big man and that is good for the UNC and not the other way round.If JW wanted to join the PNM would would he have been refused,I doubt it.
 I have to say too,that our footballers who went on strike for money that was promised is the reason why our football went the way it did after 2006.Many of the players did not want to take part in the action but was forced to do so,for the good of our football greed should have been put aside for a while.What did those footballers expect JW to do,he would obviously teach them who is boss,you cant always "fight fire with fire",sometimes you must "stoop to conquer".

So dem man was jus suppose to say nah it eh no big scene right now ent?!  You songin like de type who if police lock yuh up mistakenly an yuh end up in jail, yuh go offer up some buttom even before ah man board yuh oui!

:rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I am no JW supporter but let's be honest now.  Trinidad football probably would not be as developed without him.  I know I know, he eh the most honest person when it comes to money, however, he has done a lot of good.  Truth be told, the man did mortgage his home in the early 80's to host those CONCACAF tournaments and he did put our football on the map.  What we all don't like about him is his arrogance and his money hungry ways.

However, to ask whether he really care about we football is unfair....

Unfair?? I cyah believe de shit I does read sometimes nah.  Yuh know yuh's mih boy but ah think somebody slip sumting in yuh orange peel tea dis morning, cuz yuh talk A-grade assness dey.  Anything Jack Warner do fuh TnT football he did it with ah mind towards making money.  And best believe he done recoup he investment.  No I didn't consult de seer woman and me eh no mind reader, but I does pay attention to facts and human behavior and all the facts and all ah de li'l "human" behavior left in jack tells me he only have one love, and that comes in different hues and varying denominations.

I willing tuh concede dat like young Anakin Skywalker there probably once some semblance of good resident inside he cold heart, but de powers of de darkside dun take he over long before he became Jack Vader and start f**kking up allyuh Trinis with he Jedi mind tricks.  He make allyuh so bazodee that allyuh fuhget all de innocent lives he destroy, all de careers he manipulated, frustrated and truncated... and allyuh gorn and hand him de keys to guvahment now.  Now allyuh wondering if TnT football go benefit??

As I tell ah man in ah next thread... football??  Allyuh feel Jack ever give a f**k about ah football??  Football was just a vehicle for he tuh line he pocket and now that allyuh hand him a government office it have real money to make now.  Football??

steups
Nah man, we have to agree to disagree, LOL...  While I understand your frustration and agree with yuh on some things like making money, genuinely, the man wanted trini football to progress.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

well lets see ..first was dem fellas in the old TTFA ...then dem two fellas on de way up to concacaf Presidency , then Dooks, then , Panday, then Ramesh, a first salvo at wade mark ( who gone silent now )  de soca warriors who dared to stand up and demand their pound of flesh, gally, stuart Charles...Yup ..he have de experience and a long list of casualties to back it up ...." Cant we all say ..dont worry..Jack always finds a way ? "

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile

well lets see ..first was dem fellas in the old TTFA ...then dem two fellas on de way up to concacaf Presidency , then Dooks, then , Panday, then Ramesh, a first salvo at wade mark ( who gone silent now )  de soca warriors who dared to stand up and demand their pound of flesh, gally, stuart Charles...Yup ..he have de experience and a long list of casualties to back it up ...." Cant we all say ..dont worry..Jack always finds a way ? "

Where there's a Jack, there's a Way!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
football and now politics in T&T are controlled by three people ....Austin, Jack, Warner !

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
football and now politics in T&T are controlled by three people ....Austin, Jack, Warner !

Four....yuh fuhget he parrot. De No.1 Squalker
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
To some of the posters on this MB,cant we learn to respect people's views instead of cussing dem,agree to disagree like civilized people.Jumping up and cussing me because I have a view is is a sure sign of ignorance.
We are in the year 2010 lets look at things different coz Trinbagonians are sophisticated and educated people.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
I am no JW supporter but let's be honest now.  Trinidad football probably would not be as developed without him.  I know I know, he eh the most honest person when it comes to money, however, he has done a lot of good.  Truth be told, the man did mortgage his home in the early 80's to host those CONCACAF tournaments and he did put our football on the map.  What we all don't like about him is his arrogance and his money hungry ways.

However, to ask whether he really care about we football is unfair....

Unfair?? I cyah believe de shit I does read sometimes nah.  Yuh know yuh's mih boy but ah think somebody slip sumting in yuh orange peel tea dis morning, cuz yuh talk A-grade assness dey.  Anything Jack Warner do fuh TnT football he did it with ah mind towards making money.  And best believe he done recoup he investment.  No I didn't consult de seer woman and me eh no mind reader, but I does pay attention to facts and human behavior and all the facts and all ah de li'l "human" behavior left in jack tells me he only have one love, and that comes in different hues and varying denominations.

I willing tuh concede dat like young Anakin Skywalker there probably once some semblance of good resident inside he cold heart, but de powers of de darkside dun take he over long before he became Jack Vader and start f**kking up allyuh Trinis with he Jedi mind tricks.  He make allyuh so bazodee that allyuh fuhget all de innocent lives he destroy, all de careers he manipulated, frustrated and truncated... and allyuh gorn and hand him de keys to guvahment now.  Now allyuh wondering if TnT football go benefit??

As I tell ah man in ah next thread... football??  Allyuh feel Jack ever give a f**k about ah football??  Football was just a vehicle for he tuh line he pocket and now that allyuh hand him a government office it have real money to make now.  Football??

steups
:thumbsup:

Looking at the poll I see that we currently have 14 dotish posters who actually believe that Jack being in MORE power than he was previously will somehow benefit T&T football!

If that happens then it will be by pure accident rather than by design!  8)

Don't forget that T&T went to a World Cup in 2006 despite Jack rather than because of him!
To believe anything else is to be totally blind to the damage he has been doing to T&T football over the years!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 07:15:41 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is JW the most hated man ever in TT?
nope.  just on this board

De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Tell him for us nah!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
pay up bitch
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Anil Roberts going and be Sports Minister.. I ent see it posted before

http://guardian.co.tt/news/politics/2010/05/26/new-pm-look-cabinet-surprises

John Sandy go be National Security... so wha Jack taking?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile

yuh see this right here...

“We will try to keep that promise of ours,” Persad-Bissessar added. On the possible appointment of defeated candidates to ministerial posts, Persad-Bissesar said she was not of the view that persons who lost an election should be given a forefront posting in ministries. She said there would be places for them and they would have a role to play but not in frontline ministerial postings.

:applause: for that...

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile

One report said Foreign Affairs
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>