April 28, 2024, 08:59:54 AM

Author Topic: Interesting Read  (Read 20085 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Read
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2010, 05:19:00 AM »
indians benefited from under the pnm to an extent, but they worked hard to be where dey is. Not all indians had land,  however the family structure instilled good moral upbringing and strong emphasis on education so that the next generations wont have to toil in the fields. Education was there for the Africans under the pnm as well. One group made their businesses starting from small, and made their careers from studies, another group benefited more from the PSA and other gov't jobs.
Sammy, this is ah very true quote from ah very good statesman. he said and i quote" until the wealth and opportunity is distributed equally to the masses, there will always have crime and poverty".  muhammad ibn abdullah.

sammy, believe it or not, when the british rode out of our country, they left us almost high and dry. when dr williams went to the crown for financial assistance soon after taking power, he was rejected and told to go home make best of the resources he had. thank god for the oil boom of the early seventies BC he would've failed worst than bustamante.

as for indians working hard and sending their children to school, YES! you are totally correct, but had it not been for dr williams who afforded them agricultural land and loans tuh buy tractor and big trucks, giving amar and mutilal moonan all dem big contracts tuh build and repair roads of whom they only hired indians, yuh think yuh would've been able tuh make that statement.

is the poor afro trinis who kept him in power over 30 yrs, and the most he gave them was huge tenements called (plannings) the ppl's mall, 10 days and NHA jobs, which payed almost next tuh nothing.

indians and syrians on the other hand got all kind of assistance from the govt, that's BC they had the things success is made of, land and business property.

trust meh horse, black urban ppl didn't even have ah prayer!! when the british left, all they left us was the clothes on our backs! my mother and her contemporaries were so poor, that some days they barely had food tuh eat, they had tuh watch their mothers work for shillings in white ppl's houses! while they lived in barracks yards ( poor tenaments) in ah one room bongalo sleepin in bedding, (not to mistaken with beds) going hungry many nights.

they( her contemporaries and her siblings) had tuh leave school and find work as early as fourteen in order to survive. ah guess you had no idea how harsh and callous the british was post slavery and colonial era eh? you think is just so ppl does become successful? it takes real know how, and some luck as well my friend.

even dr williams mother was ah maid back in those days like so many black women, back then black urban ppl, BTW who was the majority of the black population , were relegated tuh servitude, (maids, gardenrs and watchmen) barely could take care of their families, let alone educate them properly.

you under estimate culture and a lack thereof my friend! ah lack of culture mixed with poverty is the things failur is made of. when yuh lose yuh culture language and family structure, even dog become better than yuh.

no disrespect intended, but i doh remember little infant indian boys and girls being sold from up under their parents like puppies! but i do remember that happening during the 16 ,17 and 1800s tuh afro trinis , who mind you , worked the land for free and got nothing in return, not even ah start up money and land to live on after the british released them in the wild.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 05:26:51 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2010, 06:37:54 AM »
indians benefited from under the pnm to an extent, but they worked hard to be where dey is. Not all indians had land,  however the family structure instilled good moral upbringing and strong emphasis on education so that the next generations wont have to toil in the fields. Education was there for the Africans under the pnm as well. One group made their businesses starting from small, and made their careers from studies, another group benefited more from the PSA and other gov't jobs.
Sammy, this is ah very true quote from ah very good statesman. he said and i quote" until the wealth and opportunity is distributed equally to the masses, there will always have crime and poverty".  muhammad ibn abdullah.

sammy, believe it or not, when the british rode out of our country, they left us almost high and dry. when dr williams went to the crown for financial assistance soon after taking power, he was rejected and told to go home make best of the resources he had. thank god for the oil boom of the early seventies BC he would've failed worst than bustamante.

as for indians working hard and sending their children to school, YES! you are totally correct, but had it not been for dr williams who afforded them agricultural land and loans tuh buy tractor and big trucks, giving amar and mutilal moonan all dem big contracts tuh build and repair roads of whom they only hired indians, yuh think yuh would've been able tuh make that statement.

is the poor afro trinis who kept him in power over 30 yrs, and the most he gave them was huge tenements called (plannings) the ppl's mall, 10 days and NHA jobs, which payed almost next tuh nothing.

indians and syrians on the other hand got all kind of assistance from the govt, that's BC they had the things success is made of, land and business property.

trust meh horse, black urban ppl didn't even have ah prayer!! when the british left, all they left us was the clothes on our backs! my mother and her contemporaries were so poor, that some days they barely had food tuh eat, they had tuh watch their mothers work for shillings in white ppl's houses! while they lived in barracks yards ( poor tenaments) in ah one room bongalo sleepin in bedding, (not to mistaken with beds) going hungry many nights.

they( her contemporaries and her siblings) had tuh leave school and find work as early as fourteen in order to survive. ah guess you had no idea how harsh and callous the british was post slavery and colonial era eh? you think is just so ppl does become successful? it takes real know how, and some luck as well my friend.

even dr williams mother was ah maid back in those days like so many black women, back then black urban ppl, BTW who was the majority of the black population , were relegated tuh servitude, (maids, gardenrs and watchmen) barely could take care of their families, let alone educate them properly.

you under estimate culture and a lack thereof my friend! ah lack of culture mixed with poverty is the things failur is made of. when yuh lose yuh culture language and family structure, even dog become better than yuh.

no disrespect intended, but i doh remember little infant indian boys and girls being sold from up under their parents like puppies! but i do remember that happening during the 16 ,17 and 1800s tuh afro trinis , who mind you , worked the land for free and got nothing in return, not even ah start up money and land to live on after the british released them in the wild.

so what u are saying is that PNM and dr williams favored the indians more or rather provided the indians with more opportunities. So then y africans support pnm pnm pnm? Is it a result of slavery or rather a programming of pnm, that they must always resist rule by another race no matter what because they liken that to being back in slavery?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2010, 06:46:11 AM »
JC..like you said , no disrespect intended.

how is "your" experience different than others, that you achieved all that you did under the same or worse conditions? Why is it that some could move on and build their own success and destiny while others rely on blaming everyone and everything but themselves? How much longer will slavery be used as it is? Were Africans the only ones enslaved throughout history, identity taken away, ruled by colonial "powers",forced into another mans system?

Help me understand so I can fully understand where you coming from.

truetrini

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2010, 07:31:55 AM »
Ah boy TT, or should i say jackmanday. :devil:  ah see yuh recover from dat cut skin on monday. doh worry , like black stalin said in his song " better day are coming". :devil:

fella you is de one who talk about how Manning go be better for the country etc.  NOT ME!  I said I was supporting UN-COP in the election!

Thanks you is ah real shape shifter!

Trinity Cross
not hiding and not afraid!
Hero Warrior

Re: GENERAL ELECTIONS COMING SOON IN 2010 !
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2010, 07:12:25 AM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Jah Gol on March 31, 2010, 04:22:20 AM
I think he's bluffing with this election business.

Well if he is not bluffing, he is really and truly a stark raving lunatic!

While he does have some support, he has destroyed the PNM and I feel will lose a General Election if he does call it this year.

He has already started giving away money to certain key districts, but he is not giving himself enough time to give the appearance that he is trying to correct ills and missteps.

he gorn facking mad!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 07:42:06 AM by Trinity Cross »

truetrini

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2010, 07:33:31 AM »

This is a real asshole statement.   Re-read it and den come again!   I would give you a hint eh, but you come jes like AB Trini dey...SERIOUSLY!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2010, 07:38:57 AM »

This is a real asshole statement.   Re-read it and den come again!   I would give you a hint eh, but you come jes like AB Trini dey...SERIOUSLY!
sorry if it appeared that way. no malice intended.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

truetrini

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2010, 07:48:58 AM »

sorry if it appeared that way. no malice intended.

I understood the premise of what yuo were trying to say eh, and I agree to some extent, but the delivery was piss poor.

There are many black people who value familt values and worked hard to send their children to school etc.  same as indians.

Ok that said, the merit in some of what you have said is simple and true.  HINDUS in T&T (I have said this many times before0 have been discriminated against by the PNM , not racial but political as they have had access to the same education etc. but not the opportunities in civil service jobs etc. based on their voting patterns and hostility to the black leaders in the PNM.

One mistake the Eric Williams era PNM made was NOT trying to reach out and mend those divisions.  what he did was make those wounds deeper and that is why we voted the way we did for all elections except 2!

I put the blame at Eric's ffet as he was in power, firmly entrenched and had the best opportunity to reach out with the State machinery.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2010, 08:54:17 AM »
Anand Ramlogan studied law when he was a security guard. He worked and studied hard to become a star lawyer in T&T. Today he is Attorney General. Security Guard to AG. T&T is place like that, you could make it if you try. I respect him but I am alarmed by his ethnic agenda. Head counting is a clear indication of that.

Jah gol, if u talking about the article i dont see what u alarmed about.. most of what he said in that article i actually agreed with and is actually true.

I'm not just talking about this article but a particular trend I've seen with Mr. Ramlogan. This article in particular points shows racial statistics at stateboards. http://www.anandramlogan.com/node/445

Why does it even matter ? Shouldn't be about an individuals' competence rather than what they look like. Many of his utterances are rooted in race. It is a major issue for him.

looking at an individual's competence is just one dimension to this thing. that is how one would assess the performance of the individual. but what about assessing the performance of the bureacratic function? a civil service (or more generally a public function) that is attuned to a subset of the population has room for improvement. that's the point i get out of ramlogan's focus on issues in the public sphere.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:04:59 AM by ribbit »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2010, 09:00:55 AM »
Ok that said, the merit in some of what you have said is simple and true.  HINDUS in T&T (I have said this many times before0 have been discriminated against by the PNM , not racial but political as they have had access to the same education etc. but not the opportunities in civil service jobs etc. based on their voting patterns and hostility to the black leaders in the PNM.

yuh talking pure ass....Do you know anything about Errol Mahabir and Kamaluddin Mohammed? The were deputy political leaders of the PNM. Get a clue cause people of East Indian descent played as prominent a role as people of african descent in the development of PNM.

Now to say that Hindus were discriminated against is a lie. Show me when where and how they were discriminated against. The one thing that you'll are in constant denial about is that within the temples and mandirs there is that hate filled rhetoric for example Sat Maraj.

truetrini

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2010, 09:26:42 AM »
Ok that said, the merit in some of what you have said is simple and true.  HINDUS in T&T (I have said this many times before0 have been discriminated against by the PNM , not racial but political as they have had access to the same education etc. but not the opportunities in civil service jobs etc. based on their voting patterns and hostility to the black leaders in the PNM.

yuh talking pure ass....Do you know anything about Errol Mahabir and Kamaluddin Mohammed? The were deputy political leaders of the PNM. Get a clue cause people of East Indian descent played as prominent a role as people of african descent in the development of PNM.

Now to say that Hindus were discriminated against is a lie. Show me when where and how they were discriminated against. The one thing that you'll are in constant denial about is that within the temples and mandirs there is that hate filled rhetoric for example Sat Maraj.

Ka-ka hole I said Hindus, now if you can show me ONE ficking Hindu from 1956 to now that was a memeber of the PNM cabinet I will say i was wrong, until den hush yuh cyat!

The numerous court cases show discrimination against Hindus1  If yuh doh like it dais your problem...facts is facts.

now I never addressed Indian racism, but that does not mean that i am unaware of devant and sat, I have made numerous posts about indian racism in T&T in particular when it pertains to sat maraj etc.

get yuh facts right.

PNM discriminated against Hindus....FACT!

truetrini

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2010, 09:42:56 AM »
leh meh help yuh Mahabir was a Christian and Mohammed was ah muslim...ah waiting on yuh MEP

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2010, 09:55:56 AM »
Jarrette Narine i think was a hindu doh.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2010, 10:00:28 AM »
leh meh help yuh Mahabir was a Christian and Mohammed was ah muslim...ah waiting on yuh MEP
How, when and where were Hindus discriminated against???

truetrini

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2010, 10:02:07 AM »
jarrette was hardly a member of the inner circle

truetrini

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2010, 10:06:35 AM »

I will NOT go further than this ok, if you choose to be blind den so be it!

In sectors such as jobs, housing, health and scholarships.

Housing and media licensing is a huge issue where as Africans are preferred receiving these privileges.

Indians continuously protest against crime, which are usually targeted against those of Indian decent.

Rural Indians are long neglected where their constituencies are usually flooded out and underdeveloped. Whereas the agriculture sector is domininatly Indian, there have been complaints about the blatant neglect of this sector by the government.

All of the above is true!  I done.

By the way, it is political discrimination more than racial, although the Hindu will say most ah we is indians so it racial.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:32:46 AM by Trinity Cross »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2010, 10:07:44 AM »

I not taking sides in dis argument yuh know. Yuh just asked for one hindu that was a member of the PNM from 1956 to now. I just remembered him and dahs dat.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

truetrini

« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2010, 10:33:20 AM »

I not taking sides in dis argument yuh know. Yuh just asked for one hindu that was a member of the PNM from 1956 to now. I just remembered him and dahs dat.

I said Hindu member of a PNM cabinet!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2010, 11:01:01 AM »

But wasnt he Minister of Agriculture?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2010, 11:15:09 AM »

I will NOT go further than this ok, if you choose to be blind den so be it!

In sectors such as jobs, housing, health and scholarships.

Housing and media licensing is a huge issue where as Africans are preferred receiving these privileges.

So you saying Africans? thought this was a Hindu/religious thing. Is this an example og Hindus being targeted?

Indians continuously protest against crime, which are usually targeted against those of Indian decent.

So you're using Indians and Hindus interchangeably. Again I ask where are Hindus being discriminated?

Rural Indians are long neglected where their constituencies are usually flooded out and underdeveloped. Whereas the agriculture sector is domininatly Indian, there have been complaints about the blatant neglect of this sector by the government.

Again are all rural East Indians Hindu?

All of the above is true!  I done.

By the way, it is political discrimination more than racial, although the Hindu will say most ah we is indians so it racial.

Obsf**kation!!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2010, 11:46:27 AM »

Health
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2010, 12:38:01 PM »

Health

Not in the cabinet....never was in the inner circle at all!  Fringe player

truetrini

« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2010, 12:47:41 PM »
Mep you soft....you real soft...in de head.

I said i done..go ahead

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2010, 12:56:38 PM »
woman doh like............
woman doh like..................
woman doh like
soooorft maaaaannn...

:rotfl:
(Muslim)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2010, 01:27:05 PM »
Mep you soft....you real soft...in de head.

I said i done..go ahead
Again you haven't answered my question..so the easiest way hurl insults....allyuh so cyah fool nobody

truetrini

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2010, 01:35:29 PM »
i holding a PNM party card before MEp born probably.

PNM politically discriminate against Hindu's just recently the amount of court judgements against them shows the truth, except for those who want to comapre racism of indiand against balcks and vice versa

steups me eh have time for dat.

If you look at the infrastructure in the traditional Hindu areas you will see I am correct.  they did punish tobago so for voting against PNM in de past too!

allyuh so/  yuh feel i am an indian with an axe to grind or what/  steups, i know I already said blindest man is one who eh eant to see.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2010, 04:29:10 PM »

PNM politically discriminate against Hindu's just recently the amount of court judgements against them shows the truth, except for those who want to comapre racism of indiand against balcks and vice versa

Again there you go with open ended statements and no facts. If you at least know the judgments what were the Cause?
Were these cases of   Mr So and So V the PNM or the Gov't of Trinidad.
Again keep talking yuh tripe eventually you will believe it.

If you look at the infrastructure in the traditional Hindu areas you will see I am correct.  they did punish tobago so for voting against PNM in de past too!

What infrastructure describe it? Just the facts please.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2010, 08:33:17 PM »

Again there you go with open ended statements and no facts. If you at least know the judgments what were the Cause?
Were these cases of   Mr So and So V the PNM or the Gov't of Trinidad.
Again keep talking yuh tripe eventually you will believe it.

What infrastructure describe it? Just the facts please.

sat maraj took the pnm govt to court for discrimination in the non issuing of radio and tv licenses. He won the case and they were granted the license. Two public sector workers (feroza ramjohn and ganga persad kisson) took the pnm/govt to court because they were bypassed for promotion only because of discrimination- they won the case.
Pnm/govt get real sue this last rounds, too bad is really we paying for it and not the pnm itself.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 08:36:48 PM by sammy »
(Muslim)

truetrini

« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »
sammy, besides that, if you look at the demographics of T&T there is absolutely no reason why hindus don't have a higher representation in police, fire and army, especially as officers and higher enlisted.

take civil service too.

Again I don't thi nk it is as racial as political.  hindus traditionally vote against the PNM..so nutten for dem!

from housing to jobs to promotions etc.  hindus get shaft

who vex f**king lorse, true is true

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2010, 11:12:21 AM »
Again I don't thi nk it is as racial as political.  hindus traditionally vote against the PNM..so nutten for dem!
could any one tell me why Political leaders find this acceptable to deny people services for voting for another party

Sound like we copying Jamaican Politics
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 09:34:23 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2010, 10:05:15 PM »
sammy, besides that, if you look at the demographics of T&T there is absolutely no reason why hindus don't have a higher representation in police, fire and army, especially as officers and higher enlisted.

take civil service too.

Ah doh think mutilal moonan and amar would agree wid yuh there meh byoi, also ram kirpalini and mr sammaroo who owned countless business especially behind the bridge.

ah don't think lennox pillai the gas station king ( who BTW still owes me $150 ) ! had loads of NP gas stations who were contracted by "the PNM govt" under williams and mr ramsingh who got loads of contracts wid the min of works and also housing tuh haul truck loads of raw material back and forth from road work and government construction sites would agree wid yuh either

through ramsingh nuff indians got rich, BC they made ah killing wid their big trucks hauling load of sand gravel and pitch all over the island where govt contracts were going on.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 03:30:17 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>