April 27, 2024, 10:38:27 AM

Author Topic: Interesting Read  (Read 20070 times)

truetrini

Re: Interesting Read
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2010, 11:17:39 PM »
Dr E. Williams refered to Indians as a 'stubborn and recalcitrant minority'.

2] When Bhadase Sagan Maraj/Maha Sabha started to build and operate primary schools, Eric Williams referred to the Hindu schools as 'cowsheds'. ... See More

3] Dr E. Williams said that Indians have ring worm in their brains.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2010, 04:47:49 PM »

2] When Bhadase Sagan Maraj/Maha Sabha started to build and operate primary schools, Eric Williams referred to the Hindu schools as 'cowsheds'. ... See More

arm
be so kind as to let us know where these quotes could be found
is not that I dont believe you
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2010, 05:19:11 PM »

You have credible sources for these?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2010, 06:08:54 PM »

Sat Maraj probably....

What he, meaning Trinity Cross, isn't going to tell you is that he is taking someone's response from an article in the guardian and posting it as if it were true.......

http://guardian.co.tt/news/politics/2010/03/28/he-touched-everything-tt
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 06:18:49 PM by MEP »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2010, 06:27:14 PM »

Sat Maraj probably....

What he, meaning Trinity Cross, isn't going to tell you is that he is taking someone's response from an article in the guardian and posting it as if it were true.......

Now reading that there... TC whey is dat one?  dai's ah real f**k up move fella... and do even come on some agent provocateur nonsense.  absent some credible source it is plain irresponsible to be cutting and pasting some asshole diatribe and regurgitating it here where we trying to have a serious discussion.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2010, 06:34:48 PM »

Sat Maraj probably....

or hor

Thanks MEP
and Andy Warhol was RIGHT, when he said in 1968, that "In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes."
Mr Logic has just got his ::)
and to know that malleable minds want to know such tripe ::)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 07:12:29 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »
Hear nah I doh have to play nutten eric said it  :  http://www.drmorganjob.com/article_text.php?article_key=209

i remember my own mother saying she heard it herself!

It is in eric's own book where he called indians a stubborn recalcitrant minority.  It was my own posting in the Guardian..PUHLEEZE!!!    I doh need to copy nobody shit.  Eric said it and he punished the shit out of Hindus for not supporting the PNM

as for the ring worm comment I read it in University...Solow, Barbara + Engerman, Stanley (eds). 1987. British Capitalism & Caribbean Slavery: the Legacy of Eric Williams.

truetrini

« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2010, 07:19:34 PM »
so mEp haul yuh dunce ass

~~~~ Yours truly, Mr. Logic!

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2010, 07:26:47 PM »
as for the ring worm comment I read it in University...Solow, Barbara + Engerman, Stanley (eds). 1987. British Capitalism & Caribbean Slavery: the Legacy of Eric Williams.
try again :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2010, 09:16:16 PM »
I always thought it was common knowledge in T&T that eric "hostile and recalcitrant minority" was easily his most infamous and damaging quote...its been used ad nauseum in history books

It was purely a political statement when he was lockin horns with the DLP back in the day...over the years it get conflated into race talk
it have plenty objectively written research papers that will support that....everybody know now that as brilliant as he was eric williams was ah arrogant cock

I never hear read de ringworm ting tho

...grab yuh popcorn, it long if yuh bored
http://www.trinicenter.com/Cudjoe/2002/May/
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 09:21:11 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2010, 10:05:29 PM »
Hear nah I doh have to play nutten eric said it  :  http://www.drmorganjob.com/article_text.php?article_key=209

It is in eric's own book where he called indians a stubborn recalcitrant minority.  It was my own posting in the Guardian..PUHLEEZE!!!    I doh need to copy nobody shit.  Eric said it and he punished the shit out of Hindus for not supporting the PNM

You need to come better than that fella... you picking and pulling parts of things said out of context only fanning flames irresponsibly and not really adding anything to the discussion.  Nutten against yuh mother, ah love she bad... but she is hardly an authority.  Secondly, these aren't even Morgan Job's words... but rather quotes taken from Albert Gomes' book... which you then passing off as fact.

As for the ringworm comment... I can't dispute your source, but neither have you proven that this was the source.  I could make up anything and tell you it in "Federal Income Tax: Code and Regulations, Selected SEctions.  Marting B. Dickinson Editor"...

You'd have to be a bit more specific if that's the source you're offering up.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2010, 10:06:05 PM »
so mEp haul yuh dunce ass

~~~~ Yours truly, Mr. Logic!
you really are a compounded jackass......first of all yuh cut and flippin paste like the sophomoric idiot that you are....then you find a link that contains a referent to the word "cowshed" and not knowing the history of the author and his grievance with Eric Williams you post it as gospel truth or should I say gita truth.
If you were capable of independent thought I'd suggest you undertake some research into the author but that's not on you agenda I suppose.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2010, 10:51:45 PM »
....everybody know now that as brilliant as he was eric williams was ah arrogant cock
as ya say that
I wonder if he had outside chirren and if they does post on here :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2010, 11:24:58 PM »
....everybody know now that as brilliant as he was eric williams was ah arrogant cock
as ya say that

I wonder if he wife had ah extra nanny and if it does post on here... why yuh doh hush yuh cyat sometimes?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2010, 07:09:51 AM »
as ya say that

I wonder if he wife had ah extra nanny and if it does post on here... why yuh doh hush yuh cyat sometimes?
and all your likkle friends on here does go
gee gee gee
Bravo BIG MAN BRAVO it must really make you feel real big
too bad ya EI/EQ smaller than your shoe size
there is a rumour on here that your IQ BIGGER that the combined membership of Mensa
if that is so I want to be one of your ONLINE buddies also

Ya know
you must think that during the prsidential debate that Obama and McCain must have cussed themselves up and that the network executives dubbed in what we heard
Keep it up man
YOUR likkle friends NEED you on here as they cant lead themselves they have to follow
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 07:28:01 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2010, 07:21:56 AM »

too bad ya EI smaller than your shoe size

uhh,,Employment Insurance??
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2010, 01:37:13 PM »

You need to come better than that fella... you picking and pulling parts of things said out of context only fanning flames irresponsibly and not really adding anything to the discussion.  Nutten against yuh mother, ah love she bad... but she is hardly an authority.  Secondly, these aren't even Morgan Job's words... but rather quotes taken from Albert Gomes' book... which you then passing off as fact.

As for the ringworm comment... I can't dispute your source, but neither have you proven that this was the source.  I could make up anything and tell you it in "Federal Income Tax: Code and Regulations, Selected SEctions.  Marting B. Dickinson Editor"...

You'd have to be a bit more specific if that's the source you're offering up.

:rotfl: Way sah......shouldn't this be in the memorable SW quotations thread?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 01:39:01 PM by Conquering Lion »
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2010, 04:56:54 PM »

:rotfl: Way sah......shouldn't this be in the memorable SW quotations thread?

Lol...nah man, I eh mean it like dat.  Me and he family cool.  Jury still out on he doh, lol

1]; } ?>