April 28, 2024, 07:02:25 AM

Author Topic: PNM interim leader  (Read 4581 times)

truetrini

Re: PNM interim leader
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 10:47:34 PM »
while rowley is now political leader, he dey until he ratified by the General council.

is plenty signatures get gathered yesterday.  I feel sorry for Manning the way he get run out.....tough times for the father of the nation! ;)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2010, 04:00:33 AM »
none ah allyuh know nutten about de PNM.

leh meh rest ah education on allyuh!

Manning was removed after numerous signatures were put on a petition of sorts.  He was told he ahd to resign, it eh come from he.  He eh fall on he own sword!  the party may say he resign because it is a very disclipined party.  it was Manning's plan to stay until the party voted, the party wanted none ah dat excpet ah few.  Dey were INFORMED that the interim leader was Rowley and Manning resigned.

Rowley was asked to be interim leader, and he accepted.  Party has to vote, his appointment is thus temporary!

thanks, hope this clears up the confusion!

and that is why manning alone is not to blame for pnm losing so bad, cause they coulda do this long time.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2010, 05:17:33 AM »
while rowley is now political leader, he dey until he ratified by the General council.

is plenty signatures get gathered yesterday.  I feel sorry for Manning the way he get run out.....tough times for the father of the nation! ;)

uuuuuummmmm True Trini, according to Jerry and Conrad in the press conference last night, Rowley is Opposition Leader and the role of Political Leader will be carried out by the Chairman (Enill) and others around him (I'm assuming by that they meant the General Council). 

Even before the press conference, a gentleman (didn't catch his name, but he seemed very knowledgeable about the workings of the party), was on I95.5fm discussing this issue.  He said that the constitution does not allow for an "interim" political leader.  In the event of a vacancy for that position, the Chairman takes over that role until a special convention can be called....

I'm just trying to clarify in forumites' minds that the opposition leader and political leader are two different positions but usually carried out by the same person, unless yuh in the UNC.... :devil:

Overall, I hope the party gets rid of Enill, Narace, Martin Joseph and the whole gang of yes men who dragged the party down......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2010, 07:00:33 AM »

uuuuuummmmm True Trini, according to Jerry and Conrad in the press conference last night, Rowley is Opposition Leader and the role of Political Leader will be carried out by the Chairman (Enill) and others around him (I'm assuming by that they meant the General Council). 

Even before the press conference, a gentleman (didn't catch his name, but he seemed very knowledgeable about the workings of the party), was on I95.5fm discussing this issue.  He said that the constitution does not allow for an "interim" political leader.  In the event of a vacancy for that position, the Chairman takes over that role until a special convention can be called....

I'm just trying to clarify in forumites' minds that the opposition leader and political leader are two different positions but usually carried out by the same person, unless yuh in the UNC.... :devil:

Overall, I hope the party gets rid of Enill, Narace, Martin Joseph and the whole gang of yes men who dragged the party down......

.......thats what i been saying. PNM has to modernize and those men have to go.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

truetrini

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2010, 07:26:07 AM »
when in the PNM has the Opposition leader or PM NOT been the Political leader?

jerry and dem eh have ah leg to stand on.  The general council already make dey decision based on the will of the PNM members!

let them bray all dey want, dey soon gone!

I hold no real anger against Martin Joseph, he is an honorable man in my estimation, he did what he could and wanted to walk away but the PM would not let him.

he has already tendered his resigantion to the general council.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 07:51:17 AM by Trinity Cross »

1]; } ?>