March 28, 2024, 04:06:20 AM

Author Topic: PNM interim leader  (Read 4516 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
PNM interim leader
« on: May 27, 2010, 05:18:41 PM »
its official, Rowley is interim opposition leader of the PNM. Manning resigned today
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

AirMan

Re: PNM interim leader
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 05:20:28 PM »
Congrats to him..I look forward to see what type of relationship will Rowley and Imbert have. Also what is the political future of Ms Beckles ?..and I heard Conrad Enill also resigned..

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 05:23:18 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K3MF2rs8HwA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/K3MF2rs8HwA</a>
leh we get a NEW mold

more Rowley videos here
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 05:48:08 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 05:24:12 PM »
Congrats to him..I look forward to see what type of relationship will Rowley and Imbert have. Also what is the political future of Ms Beckles ?..and I heard Conrad Enill also resigned..
Penny not in parliment remember? I think her future is in doubt.

I think rowley will have problems with this current crop of MPs. Remember, no one stood with him, and i think they may ultimately blame rowley and not manning for the predicament that they are in.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 05:25:43 PM by sammy »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

AirMan

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 05:27:17 PM »
sammy i know Beckles is not in the House of representatives (of Parliament)..

because she is not a constituency rep does not = political end
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 05:30:23 PM by AirMan »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 05:28:32 PM »
I think rowley will have problems with this current crop of MPs. Remember, no one stood with him, and i think they may ultimately blame rowley and not manning for the predicament that they are in.
Lets hope that Common Sense prevails and they realise that the future of the party is at stake and puts their support behind him
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

AirMan

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 05:29:57 PM »

but these are the ame reps who must have wanted him to be interim leader..right ?..How else can he become interim leader without a majority support from the reps ?..(just thinking ahead here for a moment)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 05:32:37 PM »

but these are the ame reps who must have wanted him to be interim leader..right ?..How else can he become interim leader without a majority support from the reps ?..(just thinking ahead here for a moment)

manning's resignation
(Muslim)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 05:36:14 PM »

manning's resignation
"PNM Party Chairman Conrad Enill has informed the media that the General Council of the PNM has declared Dr. Keith Rowley as the interim Opposition Leader after former Prime Minister Patrick Manning resigned from the post at Balisier House today."
http://www.trinidadandtobagonews.com/
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

AirMan

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 05:36:58 PM »

manning's resignation

hmmm I always thought Manning Chief deputy in the House was Imbert and (Beckles prior to him sacking her)

AirMan

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »

link.. http://www.trinidadandtobagonews.com/blog/?p=3438

PNM Party Chairman Conrad Enill has informed the media that the General Council of the PNM has declared Dr. Keith Rowley as the interim Opposition Leader after former Prime Minister Patrick Manning resigned from the post at Balisier House today.

He further stated that a PNM Special Convention would be held for the specific purpose of selecting the party leader on June 27th, 2010.

AirMan

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 05:41:26 PM »
West Coast wah yuh say ?..this was a good move ?..

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 05:44:42 PM »
I think that it is a Great move and I hope that he is successful on June 27th
From what he says he seems to have the best intentions for the country
His heart is in the right place
Is the "Status Quo" he will have to convince to bring about change
I wish him well
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 05:56:43 PM »
I wish him well

uhh. with all respect to dr. rowley, he did say that himself as well as others knew about the alleged corruption on UDECOTT since 2002. that's quite some time to be holding a secret from the public. he kept his mouth shut in the public domain up to the time he was relieved of his post. what would have happened if he was never fired? i would really like it if beckles decides to run for political leader. even thought rowley burst the government's files i havent gained much respect for him due to the circumstances in which he did it.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 06:16:19 PM »
let the fighting begin
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 06:24:45 PM »
i feel only penny may have appeal to rival kamla.

If u check it, PNM dont really have much options right now. Rowley can pull the party core base, but what about wooing other voters - i dont think he can- and core bases are no longer sufficient in winning elections. T&T ppl maturing slowly but surely.
(Muslim)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 06:25:30 PM »
I wish him well

uhh. with all respect to dr. rowley, he did say that himself as well as others knew about the alleged corruption on UDECOTT since 2002. that's quite some time to be holding a secret from the public. he kept his mouth shut in the public domain up to the time he was relieved of his post. what would have happened if he was never fired? i would really like it if beckles decides to run for political leader. even thought rowley burst the government's files i havent gained much respect for him due to the circumstances in which he did it.
That would be an excelent question for a reporter to pose to him
But i believe that is probably why he was fired after he worked from within the party for change
but as they sometimes say
"better late than never"
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 06:30:12 PM »
i feel only penny may have appeal to rival kamla.

If u check it, PNM dont really have much options right now. Rowley can pull the party core base, but what about wooing other voters - i dont think he can- and core bases are no longer sufficient in winning elections. T&T ppl maturing slowly but surely.
yeah
what is it going to take to raise the overall EI of the general public after so many years of the "same old same old" types of political garbage that the leaders throw at us.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 06:35:30 PM »

uhh... all dem UNC people sit through the airport tiefing, including Kamla, and they still ent say nutting to today (and dont fool yourself into thinking she did not know what was going on!)
At least Rowley fight corruption internally for a while now before going public. That is better than most politicians.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 06:36:47 PM »
(and dont fool yourself into thinking she did not know what was going on!)

true talk
Youtube Channel

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 06:37:13 PM »
I wish him well

trust and credibility is major in making decisions that involve an ethical component called conscience.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 06:41:29 PM »

i feel behind d scenes d whole pnm crew wanted rowley there, but were just afraid to go against manning
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »

i feel behind d scenes d whole pnm crew wanted rowley there, but were just afraid to go against manning

but didnt they have the power to remove him? remember he went unopposed to be party leader last time. Thats y i think that the team is to blame and not manning alone.
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
and not manning alone.

Sammy u aint get the memo , is ALWAYS Manning fault, shame on u  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 07:31:08 PM »
and not manning alone.

Sammy u aint get the memo , is ALWAYS Manning fault, shame on u  :devil:
:devil: is not my fault i kinda slow.
(Muslim)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 07:59:54 PM »

uhh... all dem UNC people sit through the airport tiefing, including Kamla, and they still ent say nutting to today (and dont fool yourself into thinking she did not know what was going on!)
At least Rowley fight corruption internally for a while now before going public. That is better than most politicians.
very well said

why ya think warner join up with them?
Birds of a feather, perhaps :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 08:17:40 PM »

what are your thoughts on ramesh?
(Muslim)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 08:26:12 PM »

what are your thoughts on ramesh?
now that you say that
I wonder when warner going to produce that "File" on Kamla that he showed ramesh?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 10:38:51 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 09:30:10 PM »
none ah allyuh know nutten about de PNM.

leh meh rest ah education on allyuh!

Manning was removed after numerous signatures were put on a petition of sorts.  He was told he ahd to resign, it eh come from he.  He eh fall on he own sword!  the party may say he resign because it is a very disclipined party.  it was Manning's plan to stay until the party voted, the party wanted none ah dat excpet ah few.  Dey were INFORMED that the interim leader was Rowley and Manning resigned.

Rowley was asked to be interim leader, and he accepted.  Party has to vote, his appointment is thus temporary!

thanks, hope this clears up the confusion!

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2010, 10:39:57 PM »
none ah allyuh know nutten about de PNM.

leh meh rest ah education on allyuh!

Manning was removed after numerous signatures were put on a petition of sorts.  He was told he ahd to resign, it eh come from he.  He eh fall on he own sword!  the party may say he resign because it is a very disclipined party.  it was Manning's plan to stay until the party voted, the party wanted none ah dat excpet ah few.  Dey were INFORMED that the interim leader was Rowley and Manning resigned.

Rowley was asked to be interim leader, and he accepted.  Party has to vote, his appointment is thus temporary!

thanks, hope this clears up the confusion!
yes, the article I quoted above says that he was forced out
http://www.trinidadandtobagonews.com/
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>