April 18, 2024, 10:48:09 AM

Author Topic: Full list of Cabinet Ministers  (Read 11124 times)

AirMan

Re: Full list of Cabinet Ministers
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2010, 08:46:25 PM »
Okay, when you say "UNCites" I automatically start thinking "coalition".  So what is the political make-up of Kamla's cabinet?  Seeing that it is the coalition that won the election I imagine most people would expect her cabinet to represent that coalition.

I will revised the list later and post the candidates alongside their parties in my next post of this thread
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 08:56:09 PM by AirMan »

AirMan

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2010, 08:49:13 PM »
Percy stand up to Manning yes, the majority of people would of let manning walk in the yard even though they vex with him. I guess the people finally realize Manning is human  :-\ . LOL PERCY tel manning f**k u doh come in meh yard X for u lol haha, that still funny yes

you see some people saying Percy got paid to do dat, but even if that is true how would that explain Manning ignoring him and bypassing him into his home. ..unless we going to make the argument that Manning was part of the UNC ploy/scheme too which I am not ready to accept lol

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2010, 08:50:39 PM »
you see some people saying Percy got paid to do dat, but even if that is true how would that explain Manning ignoring him and bypassing him into his home. ..unless we going to make the argument that Manning was part of the UNC ploy/scheme too which I am not ready to accept lol

ENT! where Bourbon  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2010, 08:51:59 PM »
but watch nah manning getting rel treat bad, them people was rel messing up the man yesterday lol, i guess he look for that
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2010, 10:52:53 PM »
that was easy one you laid for me bakes..the last three cabinets are the ones i followed closely so those are the ones i will mention..but how many more before those three you want to mention within 48 years to actually make a point ?..the closest will be the NAR cabinet..yes some people thought there be more UNCites meaning UNC reps , and yes most of the UNC reps are hindus

Fella is not about what YOU follow... if you say something is not very common, that is an objective measure.  Is either it rare or it not rare... yuh can't say "that not very common" and when man point out to you that that religious diversity has always been the norm yuh spin rung and say "ah did mean common among de last three cabinets that ah follow", lol

and that is where I disagree..that type of religousdiversity is not the norm, expecially to that extentwe have now therefore making it not common. and why cant i say the last three cabinets that i follow?..because for this topic it would make any difference...With the exception of NAR what are the other cabinets in 48 years that have been diverse to ths extent for you to say it is the norm to have such a religous diverse cabinet?..Maybe your angle of religous diversity is one or two hindus and muslims being in a PNM cabinet..or the opposite of having one or two christians being in a UNC cabinet

Ah feel yuh iz a well-intentioned fella but dat doh excuse yuh from being selectively dunce. Hopefully the perspective of time will shed some light for you on why the religious persuasion of the Cabinet is not (for the want of a better word) 'persuasive', although as has been established, religious diversity in Trinidad & Tobago Cabinets is not unprecedented.

You have established that it bears significance for you, but you've not been receptive to subjecting that assertion to public scrutiny. Such scrutiny reasonably includes whether what you've asserted is signficant to anyone discerning or absorbing what you're proposing.

Bakes has emphasized the fallacy of generalizing particulars that you engaged in re: the use of what's common. Apparently 'common' to you is a departure from what's generally understood to be 'common'. By itself that's not useful, but it may explain why the common sense that you should apply in examining this issue escapes you. Try this one for size .... Who would you describe as a common thief? Would the nature of the articles involved in the theft influence your definition?

Anyway. let's fast-forward  ... Question for you. In the annals of our political history ... not yours per se ... point me to the headlines .... First Hindu in Parliament ... first Muslim in Parliament .... first Pentecostal ... we could discuss from there nah.

And btw, there's still the unadressed matter of where race and religion don't follow the neat equation of expectation (you introduced expectation into the discussion, I didn't) ... hence in our society yuh could have a Singh who is .... not what one would expect? You choose a religion nah.

Sometimes searching for significance in moments such as these can be incendiary. We have to be careful. I think you're reading way too much into an occurrence that's the inevitable result of politics, not social inclusion.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2010, 11:00:50 PM »
While we at it ... a letter to the editor could be due .... the sentence in bold is ... leh we call it mischievous

Indian-origin Kamla is Trinidad and Tobago’s first woman PM

Indian-origin Kamla Persad-Bissessar has been elected the first woman Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago after the political coalition led by her won a thumping majority and ended the ruling party’s 43 years in power.

Ms. Persad-Bissessar’s People’s Partnership won 29 out of the 41 parliamentary seats in the elections held on Monday. She is expected to be sworn in as Prime Minister on Tuesday evening by President George Maxwell Richards.

Ms. Persad-Bissessar, a grandmother of two and a devout Hindu, said: “I am grateful for the immense support from women and women’s groups across the country and to the extent that this helps to break the barriers so many competent women face.

“I celebrate this victory on their behalf. But, the picture is much larger than any single group and those very women would be the first to acknowledge that.”

Outgoing Prime Minister Patrick Manning conceded defeat after being in power since 2002.

Ms. Persad-Bissessar was a topper in law school and she did her masters in business administration and diploma in education from the University of the West Indies. She was the first woman attorney general and also served as minister of legal affairs as well as minister of education.

Her forefather was amongst the 148,000 Indian labourers who were brought here between 1845 and 1917 to work on the sugar and cocoa plantations. The Indian diaspora comprises 44 per cent of the population of 1.3 million people.

Ms. Persad-Bissessar, who has represented her Siparia constituency for 15 years, had held the reins of power during the absence of then Prime Minister Basdeo Panday.

She has become the first woman to lead any political party in oil-rich Trinidad and Tobago. Her meteoric rise began January 24 last year when she successfully challenged her mentor, Basdeo Panday, for the leadership of the United National Congress which he had founded 20 years ago.

Prime Minister Patrick Manning broke with tradition and dissolved the 41-seat parliament April and called for general elections May 24, some 30 months before it was due constitutionally.

For the first time since independence in August 1962, a coalition of four other parties joined to confront the ruling People’s National Movement which has been in power for 43 years.

The five parties are Ms. Persad-Bissessar’s United National Congress, Congress of the People (COP), the National Joint Action Committee, Tobago Organisation of Peoples, and the Movement for Social Change.

These parties came under the banner of the “People’s Partnership”, with each party maintaining its own symbol on the ballot paper.

The election was fought on several issues including massive corruption in all sectors of the national economy, the lack of medical facilities, a total breakdown in the infrastructural capacity and the mismanagement of the nation. Rising crime with over 3,000 people being murdered over the last eight years was also an issue.

COP chief Winston Dookeran said: “Everyone who wants a change, wants a better Trinidad and Tobago is welcome in the People’s Partnership”.

“Today, we begin the business of government as we build a partnership of interests on a wide of range of national issues-safety and security, economic development, justice and the well-being of our citizens, and introduce a new face of governance for our beloved country.”

http://beta.thehindu.com/news/international/article437873.ece

AirMan

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2010, 11:15:55 PM »
that was easy one you laid for me bakes..the last three cabinets are the ones i followed closely so those are the ones i will mention..but how many more before those three you want to mention within 48 years to actually make a point ?..the closest will be the NAR cabinet..yes some people thought there be more UNCites meaning UNC reps , and yes most of the UNC reps are hindus

Fella is not about what YOU follow... if you say something is not very common, that is an objective measure.  Is either it rare or it not rare... yuh can't say "that not very common" and when man point out to you that that religious diversity has always been the norm yuh spin rung and say "ah did mean common among de last three cabinets that ah follow", lol

and that is where I disagree..that type of religousdiversity is not the norm, expecially to that extentwe have now therefore making it not common. and why cant i say the last three cabinets that i follow?..because for this topic it would make any difference...With the exception of NAR what are the other cabinets in 48 years that have been diverse to ths extent for you to say it is the norm to have such a religous diverse cabinet?..Maybe your angle of religous diversity is one or two hindus and muslims being in a PNM cabinet..or the opposite of having one or two christians being in a UNC cabinet

Ah feel yuh iz a well-intentioned fella but dat doh excuse yuh from being selectively dunce. Hopefully the perspective of time will shed some light for you on why the religious persuasion of the Cabinet is not (for the want of a better word) 'persuasive', although as has been established, religious diversity in Trinidad & Tobago Cabinets is not unprecedented.

You have established that it bears significance for you, but you've not been receptive to subjecting that assertion to public scrutiny. Such scrutiny reasonably includes whether what you've asserted is signficant to anyone discerning or absorbing what you're proposing.

Bakes has emphasized the fallacy of generalizing particulars that you engaged in re: the use of what's common. Apparently 'common' to you is a departure from what's generally understood to be 'common'. By itself that's not useful, but it may explain why the common sense that you should apply in examining this issue escapes you. Try this one for size .... Who would you describe as a common thief? Would the nature of the articles involved in the theft influence your definition

Actually i read up to here and I noticed you full of hot air..Me pointing out first hindu, or pentecostal will prove what from my original post you quoted ? lol. .Did I acknowledge what bears significance to me or maybe that is what you perceived from my posts ?  You trying to debate with me about what is common lol ?..I noticed you said what is generally common is not useful without even thinking that its possible it may be useful today. Fella you seem like an educated person, but beating around the bush with different analysis does not the change the fact that this cabinet is diverse. maybe you want to try some objective thinking with the bolded part of your post above. Also the fact you started out your essay saying I am a selective dunce makes me wonder if you toting felings about me saying the extent of diversity in this cabinet is not common lol..
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 12:15:41 AM by AirMan »

AirMan

« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2010, 11:53:09 PM »
While we at it ... a letter to the editor could be due .... the sentence in bold is ... leh we call it mischievous

its a small consolation to the losing supporters  :devil:..dont you think so ?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2010, 12:16:50 AM »
Cautiously optimistic that Jack might do a decent job on transport. Whether we like him or not, the man is great at getting the job done, which is not something Trinidad is renowned for. 10 years to build a damn flyover is ridiculous.

I'm sure Jack knows that rampant corruption during his time in office will only land his ass in court whenever next the PNM win...hopefully his FIFA shenanigans will be enough to keep himself sated while he is minister.
 :praying:

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2010, 03:38:40 AM »
Cautiously optimistic that Jack might do a decent job on transport. Whether we like him or not, the man is great at getting the job done, which is not something Trinidad is renowned for. 10 years to build a damn flyover is ridiculous.

I'm sure Jack knows that rampant corruption during his time in office will only land his ass in court whenever next the PNM win...hopefully his FIFA shenanigans will be enough to keep himself sated while he is minister.
daiz blasphemy to some in here breads.....u run the risk of being lynched.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2010, 04:25:38 AM »

daiz blasphemy to some in here breads.....u run the risk of being lynched.
Maybe so but I tend to agree

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2010, 05:57:53 AM »

the payment people referring to is after his initial act when he started appearing on platforms and in ads.....ah sure he eh do it for free......dey did promise him a library in San Juan....... :waiting: :waiting:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2010, 08:12:08 AM »

I for one scared sh*tless now that Jack is minister of works, he may "get stuff done" but then again so did udecott and calder hart "get stuff done". My fear is that he takes corruption to a next level (yes that is possible) in this country and we end up like Nigeria or something. God help TnT.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2010, 08:37:22 AM »
  Actually i read up to here and I noticed you full of hot air..Me pointing out first hindu, or pentecostal will prove what from my original post you quoted ? lol. .Did I acknowledge what bears significance to me or maybe that is what you perceived from my posts ?  You trying to debate with me about what is common lol ?..I noticed you said what is generally common is not useful without even thinking that its possible it may be useful today. Fella you seem like an educated person, but beating around the bush with different analysis does not the change the fact that this cabinet is diverse. maybe you want to try some objective thinking with the bolded part of your post above. Also the fact you started out your essay saying I am a selective dunce makes me wonder if you toting felings about me saying the extent of diversity in this cabinet is not common lol..

You totally misconstrue what asylumseeker saying... but I will leave it up to him to straighten that out if he chooses.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2010, 11:28:06 PM »
This is interestin..a mixture not common..and something to add to the conversation

Jack Warner – Transport Christian   :o
Mc Leod –Labour Christian
Toppin - Tobago Development Christian
Gypsy - Arts and Culture Christian
John Sandy – Security Christian
Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan – Energy Christian
Cornellis – Health Christian
Emmanuel George - Public Utitlities Christian
Anil Roberts – Sports Christian
Mary King - Planning and Gender Affairs Christian
Cadiz – Trade Christian
Griffith – Tourism Christian
Volney – Justice Christian

Winston Dookeran – Finance Hindu
Suruj Rambachan - Foreign Affairs Hindu
Ramlogan – Attorney General Hindu
Vasant – Agriculture Hindu
Chandresh Sharma - Local Govt Hindu
Rudy Moonielal – Housing Hindu
Prakash Ramadhar - Legal Affairs Hindu
Glen - Ministry of thePeople Hindu
Goopiesingh – Education Hindu

Baksh - Community Development Muslim
Fazal Karim - Science and Tertiary Education Muslim  

Jack Warner is ah Christian? You got to be kidding!!   :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2010, 07:17:46 PM »
This is interestin..a mixture not common..and something to add to the conversation

Jack Warner – Transport Christian   :o
Mc Leod –Labour Christian
Toppin - Tobago Development Christian
Gypsy - Arts and Culture Christian
John Sandy – Security Christian
Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan – Energy Christian
Cornellis – Health Christian
Emmanuel George - Public Utitlities Christian
Anil Roberts – Sports Christian
Mary King - Planning and Gender Affairs Christian
Cadiz – Trade Christian
Griffith – Tourism Christian
Volney – Justice Christian

Winston Dookeran – Finance Hindu
Suruj Rambachan - Foreign Affairs Hindu
Ramlogan – Attorney General Hindu
Vasant – Agriculture Hindu
Chandresh Sharma - Local Govt Hindu
Rudy Moonielal – Housing Hindu
Prakash Ramadhar - Legal Affairs Hindu
Glen - Ministry of thePeople Hindu
Goopiesingh – Education Hindu

Baksh - Community Development Muslim
Fazal Karim - Science and Tertiary Education Muslim  

Jack Warner is ah Christian? You got to be kidding!!   :devil:

Yes as he eh Hindu or Muslim or Jew. Dat is he definition of Christian
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2010, 10:24:07 PM »

You totally misconstrue what asylumseeker saying... but I will leave it up to him to straighten that out if he chooses.

AirMan, mastery of reading comprehension is a prerequisite for engaging in productive discourse on this forum. While you do get partial credit for recognizing that you were deemed a selective dunce, your subsequent contribution indicates that I was being too generous in qualifying your faculties.

The question I raised was not whether the Cabinet was religiously diverse, but rather why you thought this (read: their religious affiliation) was significant. In all of your mental meanderings you've not provided a sustainable response. 

Let's be clear on who is toting feelings. You urge me to accept that your proposition:

... is significant merely because dahis what you FEEL. Fuh real, fuh real real?

The sole redemptive value in your post is that it reveals you can't distinguish objective from subjective. This handicap now clearly identified points the way forward. There is no value in extending this exchange. Logic and relevant association are not your forte.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:30:54 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2010, 08:47:56 AM »
From Dana Seetahal in yesterday's Guardian.....interesting.....

http://guardian.co.tt/commentary/columnist/2010/05/30/ministry-justice

Ministry of Justice?
Dana Seetahal
Published: 30 May 2010

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar is to be congratulated in having led a partnership that soundly defeated the PNM, the party that constituted the government in power. The margin of the defeat was as unexpected, and, perhaps, just as devastating to PNM supporters and members of the outgoing government, as was the fact that an election was called at all, less that midway through the last government’s term. One wonders how many of the former ministers will now fare in the cold world outside of the enclave of government. Such is life in the tropics, however, and we now move on to see how the current government performs. In that regard, one of the matters that I have questions about is the Ministry of Justice. As I write this column, there has yet been no Minister of Justice appointed. My concern, though, is how such a ministry will function within the provisions of our constitution.

Section 76 (2) of the constitution provides that the AG is responsible for the “administration of legal affairs” in T&T. This, however, is subject to section 79, which allows the PM to advise the President to assign responsibility for the administration of any department to any minister. It appears, therefore, that the PM may effectively assign responsibility for administration of “legal affairs” to any minister. But can she assign responsibility for the Criminal Law Department to a Minister of Justice? If so, what is to be the nature of such a responsibility? Under section 90 of the constitution, the Director of Public Prosecutions may institute and undertake criminal prosecutions against anyone, in any court in respect of any offence.

Exclusive power

He also has exclusive power to take over criminal prosecutions begun by anyone else. He may discontinue proceedings at any stage. While the DPP’s power is “subject to” those of the AG (or other assigned minister) under section 76 (2), the courts have made it clear that this does not mean that a DPP is under any obligation to obey any instruction or direction from the AG. In December, 2006, our Court of Appeal clarified that the AG is to be more concerned with policy, as it related to the development of the law. In so far as the DPP’s office is concerned, he is responsible for (1) financial matters, (2) the provisions of accommodation and facilities for the running of the Office of DPP, and (3) accounting to Parliament. The DPP is to keep the AG informed of major and important matters, but he takes no direction from the AG in the exercise of the DPP’s constitutional functions.

Where does this leave a Minister of Justice? It seems to me that the PM may constitute a Ministry of Justice and assign responsibility for any government department to that ministry. This is the prerogative of the PM under the constitution. Thus, the Office of the DPP may be assigned to this ministry, although it has traditionally fallen under the purview of the AG. Such responsibility, however, does not mean that the minister may issue directions or instructions to the DPP, in respect of criminal prosecutions. If he does, the DPP is not required to follow them, as the courts have made clear in respect of the AG. In so far as the judiciary is concerned, it does not fall under the purview of either the AG or any other minister, since it is not a department of government.

Separation of powers

Under the separation of powers doctrine entrenched in the constitution, the judiciary is independent of the executive, and no minister can have control over it. What, then, may fit within the purview of such a minister? In Jamaica, there exists a Ministry of Justice, which is said to “co-ordinate and operate the function” of the judicial institutions and the legal departments. Under this ministry falls the Attorney General’s Office, the DPP, the Parliamentary Counsel, Legal Aid and the courts, among others. The AG, under the Jamaican Constitution, is the principal legal adviser to the Government of Jamaica, but is not a Minister. The Office of the Minister of Justice is, therefore, akin to our Ministry of the AG, as far as what the portfolio includes.

In the UK since 2007, a Ministry of Justice has existed when parts of the Home Office were detached to join with the Department of Constitutional Affairs to constitute this ministry. As such, the ministry is now responsible for courts, prisons and probation in England. Under its purview, also, fall sentencing policy, youth justice, parole and legal aid. The ministry’s responsibility for the courts means servicing the courts themselves—the physical infrastructure and other administrative matters. This ministry, therefore, combines some of the functions of our Ministry of National Security and our AG, who has, traditionally, been the facilitator for the judiciary with the executive.

Since we have an AG who is a minister (unlike Jamaica), a Minister of National Security, a Minister of Legal Affairs, a constitutionally independent DPP (unlike England, where he falls under the supervision of the AG) and an independent judiciary, what really will be the responsibilities of the Minister of Justice? Even if criminal matters and the courts are assigned to him, he will really have little to do as regard them, since the DPP and the judiciary are both independent institutions. It is an attractive idea to constitute a separate Ministry of Justice, but given our current constitutional arrangements, one wonders how it will pan out. We wait to see
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2010, 10:29:44 AM »
Brilliant article.  It not only points out our convoluted system for the administration of justice but also makes the subtle yet clear point that the creation of the position of 'Minister of Justice' is a bit of a waste.  It's almost as though Kamla searching for wuk to give to Volney.

From what I can tell our AG is supposed to be like the US AG... except that they've taken away the prosecutorial job of the AG and given it to the DPP.  The DPP can be retained, but in my opinion should be aligned under the AG and should report to the AG.  Directives should be given by the AG and there should be little discretion to depart from those directives.  A parallel position should be created for the litigation of civil (non-criminal) complaints.  For instance, when prosecution environmental or other class-action claims (similar to the US Justice Department's suit against 'Big Tobacco' a decade ago).

Now since the AG is a political appointee this begs the question, what if there's a conflict of interest?  Say in the case of Ish Galbaransingh, a reputed UNC supporter.  Now that a UNC appointee is prosecuting his case (under my proposed model) how do we resolve this?  Simple, by the appointment of a Special Prosecutor to be selected upon the advice of the High Court and whom will be free to direct the inquiry as s/he sees fit.

This will only compound the redundancy of the proposed Minister of Justice... and should help confine it to the scrap heap of history once the next administration is voted in.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2010, 03:57:29 PM »
Minister of Health sista 2 Andre Fearless 1 Baptiste
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2010, 06:22:02 PM »
Brilliant article. 

Yeah Dana Seetahal is usually right on the money....I hope the Pres. retains her as an Independent Senator.  As for Volney....hhhhmmmm....something just eh right about he.  From his appearance on the political platform, to his "campaign" manager (Carlos John) to this Minister of Justice thing....something eh right...... :-\
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2010, 06:50:40 PM »
Brilliant article.  It not only points out our convoluted system for the administration of justice but also makes the subtle yet clear point that the creation of the position of 'Minister of Justice' is a bit of a waste.  It's almost as though Kamla searching for wuk to give to Volney.

From what I can tell our AG is supposed to be like the US AG... except that they've taken away the prosecutorial job of the AG and given it to the DPP.  The DPP can be retained, but in my opinion should be aligned under the AG and should report to the AG.  Directives should be given by the AG and there should be little discretion to depart from those directives.  A parallel position should be created for the litigation of civil (non-criminal) complaints.  For instance, when prosecution environmental or other class-action claims (similar to the US Justice Department's suit against 'Big Tobacco' a decade ago).

So how  ppl like we could come up with these ideas but they can't??

Now since the AG is a political appointee this begs the question, what if there's a conflict of interest?  Say in the case of Ish Galbaransingh, a reputed UNC supporter.  Now that a UNC appointee is prosecuting his case (under my proposed model) how do we resolve this?  Simple, by the appointment of a Special Prosecutor to be selected upon the advice of the High Court and whom will be free to direct the inquiry as s/he sees fit.

This will only compound the redundancy of the proposed Minister of Justice... and should help confine it to the scrap heap of history once the next administration is voted in.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2010, 06:52:38 PM »
Brilliant article. 

Yeah Dana Seetahal is usually right on the money....I hope the Pres. retains her as an Independent Senator.  As for Volney....hhhhmmmm....something just eh right about he.  From his appearance on the political platform, to his "campaign" manager (Carlos John) to this Minister of Justice thing....something eh right...... :-\

yeah he's very suspect...He ran for Carlos John's former seat, Carlos John drove him to the screening committee moments after he'd just resigned from the Judiciary. I suppose to just sit back and vote for THAT like a blind duck..Yuh must be mad...!! I'm sure everyone remembers Carlos John..

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2010, 07:03:13 PM »

As Brownsugar say
"something eh right"
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2010, 08:01:08 PM »

As Brownsugar say
"something eh right"

If it eh right then it left

1]; } ?>