April 20, 2024, 05:19:18 AM

Author Topic: Tour of the Emirates Stadium!!!!!  (Read 6309 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tour of the Emirates Stadium!!!!!
« on: May 30, 2010, 12:39:04 AM »
Gentlemen, I went to London last week and took the Emirates Stadium tour.

I almost cried.

I went into the Directors lounge where the big boys have a drink and lounge before and after the game;

Went to the basement level where the players park and enter the stadium;  They walk into a room with a  huge white wall with the Arsenal crest before proceeding down a long hallway with pictures of past and present Arsenal greats.

Went into the dressing room!  Amazing!  It is a semi-circle (Wenger says it is better Chi) with benches with red leather cushions with "Arsenal" embroidered on them.  The captain sits in the middle of the semi-circle.  Goalies sit nearest the showers, then defenders, midfielders, and forwards (so as to avoid cliques).  On Wenger's orders, only English is allowed to be spoken in the dressing room.  There is a massive whirlpool which can hold six or seven players.  A small area to kick the ball around and stretch.  And a training room with three tables.  The floor is a special soft non-slip material for safety.  There is a large table in the middle of the room which has a built-in stereo system for music.  It is short enough to allow players on opposite sides of the semi-circle to see each other and talk.  Wenger ensured that there were no poles in the middle of the dressing room for players to hide behind, or to hamper the flow of energy.

Went into the Away dressing room.  What a difference! lol  It is a square!  No cushions on the benches either.  There is a table in the middle, but it doesn't play music, and is tall enough to prohibit cross room talk as players on opposite sides of the room cannot see each other.  The floor is rubber.  No non-slip material on the floor in there!  No whirlpool.  Very tiny stretching area.  A massive pole in the middle of the dressing room!  The coach has to break his neck to talk to players at halftime if he is using the whiteboard.

Went from the dressing room, through the tunnel... out onto the pitch!!!!!  Did you know that the pitch at Emirates is astroturf?  It actually is.  But there is grass growing on top of the astroturf!  That way it looks and feels real, and there are never any patches.  They were sanding the field while we were there, preparing to put new seed in.  They said that they had scraped up all the grass the week before.  The field looked perfect of course as the astroturf was there.  Once they lay the seed, they cover the pitch for four days, then raise the tarp and Voila!  Grass like peas.

Sat in Wenger's seat on the bench!  Seats are heated, bredrins!  Along with a blower for players' feet.

Then went to the press room.  There are seven small individual press rooms for interviewing single players or coaches.  There is also a large press room for press conferences post game which holds 200 media people.  The tour guide said that when the Champions' League is in progress, the game with Barcelona for example, they get close to 2,000 requests for media passes, and give out about 400.  EPL and other leagues is significantly smaller in media size.

Then went to the media lounge which has laptop spaces for 100 journalists.

Then proceeded out to The Arsenal, which is the store.

What an unbelievable tour.

Taking the Emirates Stadium tour: 15 pounds.
Time Spent: 1 hour
Memories generated: Priceless
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:42:48 AM by Jahyouth »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Tour of the Emirates Stadium!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 12:45:19 AM »
Too bad they doh have a football team no more  :devil:

p.s. doh take on de picong eh.
Dat is quite an experience. Ah glad you get the opportunity, and thanks for sharing!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 05:18:49 AM »
Jahyouth,report appreciated,i hope this opens peeps eyes to the real world of Football,what we think we know sometimes isn't half of what really goes on,we tend to speculate and guess too much and it's the reason why we argue.
To play at the level these clubs do you have to pay attention to every little detail,you have to take care of yourself another club/team/country will not do that for you.I remember the days i played in the Oval/HS stadium it was like you was playing in haven,but it's a different day different time different game,so understand T&T what you up against or in for when ever you play.   

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 09:36:53 AM »
bess report, much appreciate bro.. :beermug:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 10:06:02 AM »
good stuff

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 11:35:51 AM »
Jahyouth,report appreciated,i hope this opens peeps eyes to the real world of Football,what we think we know sometimes isn't half of what really goes on,we tend to speculate and guess too much and it's the reason why we argue.
To play at the level these clubs do you have to pay attention to every little detail,you have to take care of yourself another club/team/country will not do that for you.I remember the days i played in the Oval/HS stadium it was like you was playing in haven,but it's a different day different time different game,so understand T&T what you up against or in for when ever you play.

Gawwwwd Coop's... yuh coulda stop right dey.

Good report Jahyouth, for real...  real nice and detailed, ah almost could see everything the way yuh describe it.  One minor quibble doh, the pitch isn't astro turf though.  Astro turf is synthetic grass, where as at Emirates they use natural grass grafted onto an artificial surface and foundation.  The technology is known as "GrassMaster" and is also found at Anfield and White Hart Lane, among other Premiership grounds.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 08:07:57 PM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 08:17:10 PM »
Jahyouth i cah believe u aint have no pics  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 07:05:36 PM »
I had that same tour

except it was conducted by an arsenal legend Charlie George! i got tha pics to as well with me and him had a lil convo too, real pleasant chap and gave me an insight into the team and wenger

was an awesome day, at the end we got signed pictures of charlie, arsenal magazine, and a sterlin gsilver key chain with a silver cannon and the arsenal sheild ;D

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 07:27:26 PM »
When I went England in 07 my friend and I were lucky to go a game there..Arsenal vs City in the executive members seats...we wore black jerseys and ate ben and jerries ice cream and drank for free haha...the facilities were amazing as its a very new stadium and only stadium that bettered it was Wembley...we had a great time at the game and I'm sorry we didnt have an extra day to take a tour.... we took a tour of Stamford Bridge..quite cool little stadium..tour guide was rell kix and everyone gave us stick for being United fans....Wembley is on a next level...90000 capacity and leaves you speechless when you enter... got great seats but under Mclaren England lost 2-1 to Germany.. the game was still entertaining and worth it and I'll always remember that..not many people from Trinidad can say they've been to Wembley to see the Three Lions play

Old Trafford is still jaw dropping and it's tour is very impressive too..the facilities are not as awesome as the Emirates but the History of the place is amazing....The matchday atmosphere was better than the Arsenal game though... everyone comes in about 15 minutes before kick off..we went in an hour before and just soaked it all up...only memory that can top that is Trinidad Sweden in 06 and Bahrain 05

I miss England

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 11:50:16 PM »
i went to the old wembely, england v chile, they lost 2-0 it was micheal owen's first england call up and man he was lightning fast then, also shaka was on the bench for them that day

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 02:50:45 PM »
Did my tour of the Emirates Stadium today. Just as JY described it.

Also went out to the dugout, sat in the players's chairs.
Man in the Director's box and the players's chairs those things are super comfortable.
We didn't see the opposition's change room though.

Took some photos and vids will post later.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 04:06:41 PM »
Me done dat to and also tek plenty pictures.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 04:52:19 PM »

I take more pictures than you.

VB

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 05:57:17 PM »

VB

well all d talk about pictures. allyuh post some nah!  8)
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 05:58:57 PM »

VB

well all d talk about pictures. allyuh post some nah!  8)

i was now going to say that. They rel sticking
Youtube Channel

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 06:39:28 PM »
I'm presently in a hotel and the connection pulling stones.

Have far too many photos to upload.

But re. the photos and vids should do it in a week until then I'll try to put up about two or three.

VB

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 08:16:48 AM »

VB
My pictures bigger than yours, ;D!!!
Ah notice some ah dem blokes want to see the pictures but I'll be honest,ah cant post a bloody link, ah have dem on Facebook doh.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 12:37:11 PM »
stueps ::)
Youtube Channel

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 04:43:53 PM »
Fellas, serious net probs here.

But here are some. I was wondering why I had so few pics of the grounds and then I realized that I took  A LOT of vids.

Will post them up with a better connection some are more than five minutes. But the fella gave some nice insight into the the psychology of the dressing room etc.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6711841&l=d9963047a2&id=533420798

VB

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 05:00:19 PM »

VB
Ah notice some ah dem blokes want to see the pictures but I'll be honest,ah cant post a bloody link, ah have dem on Facebook doh.
       What happen,like we have some children on the site or what?who cares who takes more pictures or bigger pictures than who,i find it's so childish,just post the pictures and you all will get some pips for that. . 

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 05:18:21 PM »

VB
       What happen,like we have some children on the site or what?who cares who takes more pictures or bigger pictures than who,i find it's so childish,just post the pictures and you all will get some pips for that. . 

OK Coops.

Btw Frico, mine more beautiful than yours ;D

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 05:34:04 PM »
Tanks Jahyute!

Everbody on dis forum who been to an EPL, La Liga, or Serie A game, damn it, even Mexican Clausura, could see we have a long way to go when it comes to dis game, we really eh ready, is a culturally transformin experience
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 05:38:37 PM »
Emirates has a capacity of about 60, 400.

The Guide said that 98% of last year's games were sold out.

The two games that weren't had about 59 000 for one and about 60 000 for another.

They actually sold out a youth game for the Euro final.

That is some serious coin they pocketing.

VB

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 05:43:28 PM »

VB

OK Coops.

Btw Frico, mine more beautiful than yours ;D
        Nothing personal,thanks you guys makes me laugh. :devil:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 05:58:53 PM »

But here are some. I was wondering why I had so few pics of the grounds and then I realized that I took  A LOT of vids.

Will post them up with a better connection some are more than five minutes. But the fella gave some nice insight into the the psychology of the dressing room etc.

VB

Lord look at that field
Youtube Channel

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2010, 06:32:21 PM »
When I went England in 07 my friend and I were lucky to go a game there..Arsenal vs City in the executive members seats...we wore black jerseys and ate ben and jerries ice cream and drank for free haha...the facilities were amazing as its a very new stadium and only stadium that bettered it was Wembley...we had a great time at the game and I'm sorry we didnt have an extra day to take a tour.... we took a tour of Stamford Bridge..quite cool little stadium..tour guide was rell kix and everyone gave us stick for being United fans....Wembley is on a next level...90000 capacity and leaves you speechless when you enter... got great seats but under Mclaren England lost 2-1 to Germany.. the game was still entertaining and worth it and I'll always remember that..not many people from Trinidad can say they've been to Wembley to see the Three Lions play

Old Trafford is still jaw dropping and it's tour is very impressive too..the facilities are not as awesome as the Emirates but the History of the place is amazing....The matchday atmosphere was better than the Arsenal game though... everyone comes in about 15 minutes before kick off..we went in an hour before and just soaked it all up...only memory that can top that is Trinidad Sweden in 06 and Bahrain 05

I miss England

good times boy small mag. Emirates is really a sweet stadium, and the ice cream and beer was good to

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2010, 06:42:08 PM »

VB

Lord look at that field

The field was gorgeous, it really was.

It's a combination of Dutch Grass and and artificial turf. The gras grow and and sort of interlocks with the turf. And every year they dig it up and redo it.

VB

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2010, 07:13:03 PM »

VB

Lord look at that field

The field was gorgeous, it really was.

It's a combination of Dutch Grass and and artificial turf. The gras grow and and sort of interlocks with the turf. And every year they dig it up and redo it.

VB

WOW nice   :o
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>