April 27, 2024, 04:41:30 PM

Author Topic: Yanks preparing for salt...LOL  (Read 4167 times)

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yanks preparing for salt...LOL
« on: May 31, 2010, 06:18:51 PM »
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/05/30/TRRD1D5U00.DTL

Dat bamseehole Zeppo gone SA early to stake out de nearest exits.

giggsy11

Re: Yanks preparing for salt...LOL
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 08:15:03 PM »
Here is hoping the USA geh blank and pounded this World Cup. The sport will not be missing anything if the yanks don't like the sport anyway.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 07:40:04 AM »
dem yankee only like baseball and basketball for truth yes, here's the proof!

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/soccer/story_large/2009/03/21/scarvesup450jpg.jpg
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 07:43:58 AM »

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/soccer/story_large/2009/03/21/scarvesup450jpg.jpg
I'm really impressed by the football culture at at the Seattle games. It's like a European game.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 09:31:23 AM »
Here is hoping the USA geh blank and pounded this World Cup. The sport will not be missing anything if the yanks don't like the sport anyway.

If the USA does poorly then it ultimately reflects on CONCACAF as a lot of Federations consider it to be very weak. So as a TnT fan you should want them to do well as this will bring some recognition to the MLS where a few of our players ply their trade.

On another note it isn't that yanks do not like the game it is simply that their media is heavily invested in American football, basketball, baseball and hockey what they call the four majors. Part of what the MLS has been unable to do is carve their own niche. However, if you saw the last two USA games against the Czech Rep and Turkey the crowd would suggest that the demographics of sports in the US is changing as the crowd seemed to be solidly in that 18-35 bracket.

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 04:07:54 PM »

If the USA does poorly then it ultimately reflects on CONCACAF as a lot of Federations consider it to be very weak. So as a TnT fan you should want them to do well as this will bring some recognition to the MLS where a few of our players ply their trade.

On another note it isn't that yanks do not like the game it is simply that their media is heavily invested in American football, basketball, baseball and hockey what they call the four majors. Part of what the MLS has been unable to do is carve their own niche. However, if you saw the last two USA games against the Czech Rep and Turkey the crowd would suggest that the demographics of sports in the US is changing as the crowd seemed to be solidly in that 18-35 bracket.

huh ! boss that must be from a trini perspective , i cant forget how kasey keller set jamaica up
in a group of death . :(

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 04:20:39 PM »

Dais only because I am here! LOL

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

giggsy11

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 07:37:44 PM »

ok
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 07:48:25 PM by giggsy11 »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 10:36:45 PM »

men still dreamin' boy! This notion that the usa doing well bodes well for the rest of concacaf is pure fantasy.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 11:27:06 AM »

men still dreamin' boy! This notion that the usa doing well bodes well for the rest of concacaf is pure fantasy.

I say throw dem out of CONCACAF!!!!.... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 11:38:15 AM »
That first article reminds me of the American I met in Italy while watching Argentina vs. Mexico in the round of 16.  I taking een the action on the hotel lobby TV and this clown come sit down and only asking ah setta dotish questions and distracting mih from the game. 

The only reason ah didn't cuff him was because the US team did done get sent home already.....that was gratifying enough for me and made discourse with the clueless American tolerable..... :devil:  ;D ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 05:33:41 PM »

I say throw dem out of CONCACAF!!!!.... :devil: ;D

:D
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 12:34:31 AM »
That first article reminds me of the American I met in Italy while watching Argentina vs. Mexico in the round of 16.  I taking een the action on the hotel lobby TV and this clown come sit down and only asking ah setta dotish questions and distracting mih from the game

The only reason ah didn't cuff him was because the US team did done get sent home already.....that was gratifying enough for me and made discourse with the clueless American tolerable..... :devil:  ;D ;D

Americans who travel are likely more curious than Americans who don't venture abroad.  :) Be kind.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 12:37:19 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 03:34:36 AM »
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/05/30/TRRD1D5U00.DTL

Dat bamseehole Zeppo gone SA early to stake out de nearest exits.

In order to stake out the exits you have to be there in the first place.

:devil:
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

giggsy11

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 03:46:20 PM »

Whenever USA does well only reflects negatively on TnT in my opinion-it says we have been lagged!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 09:14:38 PM »

If Concacaf tanks this rounds, you can bet your bottom dollar that that half spot gone, especially if two of Chile/Uruguay/Paraguay advance or Africa does well.

I would say we need at least two Concacaf teams to advance to keep it...and I not expecting anything from Honduras. Quite realistically, given the state of our football and the number of our guys close to or past retirement, I think we'll need it.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 09:15:52 PM »
Only the truth does offend, giggsy...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

giggsy11

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 09:39:45 PM »

Who's truth are we speaking off? Plus who is exactly offended? I am actually disgusted!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 09:44:18 PM »
Who's truth are we speaking off? Plus who is exactly offended? I am actually disgusted!
when you consider what AJW has accomplished in his football career you can only wonder
why
WHY???
has the Football Team from TnT not done better
is it because his ONLY concern is about the amount of POWER and MONEY he can make
Both of which he has in abundance
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:46:40 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>