April 28, 2024, 01:00:57 PM

Author Topic: Trinidad and Tobago FIRES coach after draw with Costa Rica :IT'S OFFICIAL  (Read 6038 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad (AP) - Bertille St. Claire was fired as coach of the Trinidad and Tobago national team and will be replaced by an unidentified European coach, the head of the local football federation said Wednesday.

CONCACAF WORLD CUP QUALIFYING
Sat., Mar. 26
Costa Rica 2-1 Panama  Report
Guatemala 5-1 T&T  Report
Sun., Mar. 27
Mexico 2-1 USA  Report
Wed., Mar. 30
T&T 0-0 Costa Rica  Report
USA vs. Guatemala  Preview
Panama vs. Mexico   
Standings
The dismissal came after Trinidad and Tobago was held to a 0-0 draw at home by Costa Rica on Wednesday, leaving the Soca Warriors in last place in the final round of CONCACAF World Cup qualifying with one point from three games.

Trinidad lost its opener at home to the United States and was beaten 5-1 by Guatemala on Saturday.

"I am not dissatisfied with St. Claire. He did the best within his limitations, but it's time to move to a higher level and that time is now," former Trinidad federation head and CONCACAF president Jack Warner said in an interview with local TV6 following Wednesday's game.

"I have already completed negotiations with a new foreign coach," said Warner, who also is a vice president of FIFA. "He is European, highly respected and of international acclaim."

Warner would not say when the new coach will arrive in Trinidad, but assured his name will be revealed in the next few days.

He said the new coach will head May's training camp in preparation for June's qualifying match in Panama.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 08:54:51 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
He said the new coach will head May's training camp in preparation for June's qualifying match in Panama.

Why we waiting until May ? Steups. Start from April.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I agree; We should have the man in we house now; let him get use to cassava, dasheen fig and rice soem bust up shat, roti  give him a milo and some senna he go need tuh take adosse now and then.
have the man come down now and star the game plan preparations; ah hope this eh ah joke like the friendly we were suppose tuh have then it get called off.
Leh we give the man a good  river lime and let him get use to we thing  down here.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
BSC Should not be suprised. A loss and a draw at home and a 5-1 beating on the road...After reading the guardian report today, he said he was happy with the point... I am satisfied, but I am not happy about 1 point out of 9. We have a chance to move to 3rd after the next game, but we have some difficult games after this. I personally believe that one of BSC biggest downfalls is his stubborness. He can talk and prech discipline all he want but some players he just doh like and they are not given a chance. I know some coaches favour some players but he definitely carries it too far... Yuh think Yorke will stick around now as BSC get axe???

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Well for all Bertille stubborness...and I pong him bout dis plenty too....

He insist Dwight Yorke return and Yorke thus far has proven his commitment and not jes dat, but one of our better players.  I don't see why Dwight would not commit because Bertille is no longer head coach.

I think he deserve a lot of de pong he get, but when he get it right, we should be man enough to say so and give he he props fuh it.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
hey yuh know what, the man did maybe the best with what aptitutes, skills and knowledge he has.  BSC deserves some credit and dignity for having  come back from a humilitating loss and  keeping CR off the score sheet. Only time will tell once more as we move down this road again.

Remember there is also a technical staff of advisors. Do we get rid of them as well?

Palos, true dat. I believed that Yorke responded and stepted up to the plate in this game.

We need MEX. and USA  to run the table and give us that opening for the third spot. The more points they take away from Panama, Guatemala, Costa Rica the better for T&T. Of course  we have to do our part and go on run which might start with the nice draw  we had today.
These  points by Panama is not as good for us.
Do you think Mexico is vulnerable  outside of the altitute up in Aztec.....?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 09:38:41 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
first of all this was a long time coming and i know that it took a lot of balls for jack to fire st clair after this game!

i hope we get a good established coach, not some cheap international nobody like what poterfield was!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
That is sad news, if it is true, and in all likelihood it marks the beginning of another destruction of the national team.  The same nonsense over and over again.  It is the management of the TTFF that needs to be reorganized.  Given the history, and the conditions under which this team was assembled, Bertille is the only coach ( at this time ) who can command the respect of the players and take the team to Germany.

The players will not respond positively

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Store bayLimer,
 I think this was a predictable move. It i s unfortunate for one of our nationals to be removed but if this move will be for the betterment of the team, our country  and our players, then it is one that had to be done.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
i hope we get a good established coach, not some cheap international nobody like what poterfield was!

Porterfield was not an international nobody. He was Ferguson's replacement when he left Aberdeen for United and he was Chelsea coach and stabilized what was a yo-yo club in the early 90's.

most notably he took over Zambia at the toughest time in the country's football history, after they lost a whole team in a plane crash. He took them to within a point of the '94 WC (needed a draw and lost 1-0) and 9 months later took them to the ANC final for the first time ever.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
That is sad news, if it is true, and in all likelihood it marks the beginning of another destruction of the national team.  The same nonsense over and over again.  It is the management of the TTFF that needs to be reorganized.  Given the history, and the conditions under which this team was assembled, Bertille is the only coach ( at this time ) who can command the respect of the players and take the team to Germany.

The players will not respond positively

Puhleaze....

Have they been responding positively to Bertille?

I agree that the TTFF needs an overhaul but that doesn't give BSC a free pass

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hope New Coach plan to live T&T till 2010 or he bringing a replacement too. Maybe he is a short term get we to Germany fix,, we like it quick so

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
1 point out of 9 and you think he should still be coach. Yuh cyah be serious...
But as palos indicated, I have to give credit where credit is due and he is the one who bring back Yorke... BSC good call..

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
From what I am reading Mexico and USA looked tight today. Good very good; leh we come through the back door. let all ah them think they could 'sam' we All we have to do is showup and play like  we want it; SCORING SOME FRIGGING GOALS WILL HELP

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile

Porterfield was not an international nobody. He was Ferguson's replacement when he left Aberdeen for United and he was Chelsea coach and stabilized what was a yo-yo club in the early 90's.

most notably he took over Zambia at the toughest time in the country's football history, after they lost a whole team in a plane crash. He took them to within a point of the '94 WC (needed a draw and lost 1-0) and 9 months later took them to the ANC final for the first time ever.

i was quoting jack who justified his hiring of poterfied in 2000-1 since he came cheap! I am aware of his expliots at Zambia and your point is noted but i really hope we get an even more established coach
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
1 point out of 9 and you think he should still be coach. Yuh cyah be serious...
But as palos indicated, I have to give credit where credit is due and he is the one who bring back Yorke... BSC good call..

If you are referring to me, I don't care if Sub is Coach. I backing whoever leading my team. Whoever, I think we have to have a long-term individual, with a long term goal, whoever that may be. Between St. Clair and anybody European (Including Hill, and Fenwick) who might be around for the next 5 yrs, and could particpate in the building/overhauling of our whole Football program?

I would have preferred someone local, but don't know enough of the possible candidates to call any one individual

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I wonder in BSC will be around in some capacity  evan as a liason/advisor ; a role maybe to fly to Europe and meet with our foreign based palyers and to scout their performances in Europe. Not that it mattered. It is hard to judge performances of your 'Star' boys when they riding the bench.

Neverthe less the man deserve some credit for sustaining the team ' look we could have had a total collaspe at this juncture. I  for one  did not expect such a showing from the team.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i will  confess BSC TRIED HIS BEST but he was not up to the task this time around all those warm ups etc  he was not up to it
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ok let's look at the strengths BSC  contributed to the team:

What will the unknown  be able to do that BSC  failed to do?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andre Samuel, If you must know  the source:

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/3503278

Offline sasco

• New Warrior
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
    • View Profile
I feel this new coach should be given more than 1 month to make a turnaround - He should be brought in right away so that any changes he might want to make can take proper effect & hopefully have the correct results :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Whoever, I think we have to have a long-term individual, with a long term goal, whoever that may be. Between St. Clair and anybody European (Including Hill, and Fenwick) who might be around for the next 5 yrs, and could particpate in the building/overhauling of our whole Football program?

I would have preferred someone local, but don't know enough of the possible candidates to call any one individual

Agreed maxg.  Having the new coach for a long term appointment is important and that is the only reservation I have about bringing in a big money European .  We have to give WCQ our best shot but it has to be long term.  Lincoln knows this so I hope he let Jack know he better be prepared to pay out over the long haul.

We could also take this opportunity to let a local coach learn from this person...and someone who we would consider a local option for head coach.  Once they not pig headed and doh want to work as assistants.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Is Doc ok???   ;D ;D ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Which radio station bringing the announcement?
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2005, 09:30:10 AM »

Jack press conference is at 1pm EST?
Or is it just a press release?

Which radio station brining something?

Anyone know...I want to know who this big coach is and what the terms of his appointment are.  Also who staying on and if any new assitants etc etc.

Post if you hear any radio station say they bringing something.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Is Doc ok???   ;D ;D ;D

Yeah boy Doc real scarce these days, he must be busy ;), once the new man loss a game or make a misstep he sure to be back though.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The question I have here is, how many people are involved in the decision making process? Is this a Jack Warner show? I mean come on ; this show has been going on for far too long without any sense of accountability. Who does Jack answer to?  If there are government and tax payers funds involved, should these decisions be unilateraly be in the hands of a sole individual?

Based on what was reported in the news realease, 'it is one we will adore,' I don't think this is sound qualifications nor justification to replace BSC. I also have not heard of  the terms of argreement that should be  the conditional on hiring a foreign coach.
If this is not thoughtfully done, we run the risk of being exploited, and abused by a foreign power who continually sees us as minnows.

KND  had some very thoughtful analysis in his posting. I was most intrigued by the performances of those teams which have developed essentially locally based players, and who have coaches with a greater affinity and closeness to the players cultural heritage.

The more dissimilar thinking and the more contrasting styles we impose on our team and program, the more likelihood we will face a greater uphill battle. Reason, we have foreign based players who are being entrenched and disciplined in a particular style of play, then we attempt to merge their abilities with locally based players who are coming form a different ethos. We now expect the contrasting styles to merge and be cohesive as a unit in a short space of time to compete at a high level. Meanwhile the other teams are creating a program which features a similar style of play and familiarity among each of the players.

Given we had a local coach  one would think that the problem of styles and cultural differences would not be the issue, not so. I would advocate to keep BSC as a liason or person who would seek out talents abroad and work with a more skillful tactician, strategist, coach who could merge the competing tensions of  opposing styles into one solid team.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 11:20:54 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
The question I have here is, how many people are involved in the decision making process? Is this a Jack Warner show? If there are government and tax payers funds involved, should these decisions be unilateraly be in the hands of a sole individual?

Based on what was reported in the news realease, 'it is one we will adore,' I don't think this is sound qualifications nor justification to replace BSC. I also have not heard of  the terms of argreement that should be  the conditional on hiring a foreign coach.

If this is not thoughtfully done, we run the risk of being exploited, and abused by a foreign power who continually sees us as minnows.

KND  had some very thoughtful analysis in his posting. I was most intrigued by the performances of those teams which have developed essentially locally based players, and who have coaches with a greater affinity and closeness to the players cultural heritage.

The more dissimilar thinking and the more contrasting styles we impose on our team and program, the more likelihood we will face a greater uphill battle. Reason, we have foreign based players who are being entrenched and disciplined in a particular style of play, then we attempt to merge their abilities with locally based players who are coming form a different ethos. We now expect the contrasting styles to merge and be cohesive as a unit in a short space of time to compete at a high level. Meanwhile the other teams are creating a program which features a similar style of play and familiarity among each of the players.

Given we had a local coach  one would think that the problem of styles and cultural differeances would not be the issue, not so. I would advocate to keep BSC as a liason or person who would seek out talents abroad and work with a more skillful tactician, strategist, coach who could merge the competing tensions of  opposing styles into one solid team.

Bro are you serious! "Is this the Jack Warner Show" Oliver Camps and dem doh even fart wid out Jack permission. Jack runs T&T football from top to bottom. He is responsible for everything those who do not believe that must have their head in the sand.
Is Jack who make Taylor advisor
Is Jack who hire Bertil
Is Jack who agree to let Dwight come back
Is Jack who bring in Nakid as assistant coach
Is Jack who call a coaching council
Is Jack who is the sponsor of the team
Is Jack & CONCACAF secretary who does all the travel arrangements for the team
Is Jack who fire Bertil
Is Jack who hireing the new coach

Yuh want meh to go on

Watch close Chalkie go write a calypso "Is Jack"  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I feel this new coach should be given more than 1 month to make a turnaround - He should be brought in right away so that any changes he might want to make can take proper effect & hopefully have the correct results :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

I could not agree with you more! Unless he is going to observe the players in Europe closely first. Even then he should be brought in ASAP. After all he will have to dictate what prepeartion games are needed, where, against whom etc. Then the admin. people can begin getting players released for the prepeartion etc.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 >:( That means either no practice games or games against Superstar Rangers or St. Clair Coaching school.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
>:( That means either no practice games or games against Superstar Rangers or St. Clair Coaching school.

Well Samo boy they spend they money on new coach. I feel they could have gotten a quality Argentinian or Brazilian cheaper. Even the Brazilian who coached Costa Rica in the last WC would have been a good choice I like what he did with that squad
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>