April 19, 2024, 12:46:38 AM

Author Topic: A hero Arrives ..... lol  (Read 2727 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A hero Arrives ..... lol
« on: June 02, 2010, 06:13:25 AM »

WELCOME, MR. WARNER
By RHONDOR DOWLAT Wednesday, June 2 2010

click on pic to zoom in

« prev photo next photo »
IT WAS A happy mob scene when Jack Warner arrived yesterday at the Ministry of Works and Transport’s head office in Port-of-Spain, where he received a rousing welcome from staff as he took over from Colm Imbert as the line Minister.

Imbert was the Works and Transport Minister in the last PNM administration.

At about 1.30 pm, members of staff, like fans waiting to a see a superstar, gathered outside the building at the corner of Richmond and London Streets. Some stood inside in the reception area looking through the glass wall, while others waited on each platform of the staircase on all six floors, also looking through glass windows.

Fifteen minutes before Warner’s arrival, Minister of Arts and Multiculturalism Winston “Gypsy” Peters and Minister of Community Development Nizam Baksh stopped in a SUV to see why a crowd was outside the Works Ministry.

“Nizam, Gypsy, Jack (Warner) coming just now?” Works employees shouted when they recognised the two ministers.

Then, at about 2.30 pm, Warner and Rudranath Indarsingh, Minister in the Ministry responsible for transport, arrived and the staff welcomed them with loud cheers and thunderous applause.

Some jumped up and down, waving and calling out to Warner. A few said, “Today is a new day with Jack (Warner).”

Clearly surprised, Warner stood on the pavement for a few moments, before climbing the stairs to the entrance. “I am humbled by your hearty welcome. I am humbled,” he told the staff, as they mobbed him, some recording the moment on their camera cell-phones, one even had a Canon digital camera.

Stunned, Indarsingh stood quietly beside Warner.

Also waiting outside for Warner was former public relations officer of the Route Two Maxi Taxi Association, Elu Dillon, who advised him to have proper consultation before making any decision to open the Priority Bus Route (PBR) to the public during peak hours in a bid to ease traffic congestion. Dillon told Warner that if he decides to open the PBR, maxi taxi operators who have contracts to transport schoolchildren will be affected.

She also said if schoolchildren are transported by PTSC buses, maxi taxi drivers will also lose. “We have a lot of new maxis on the bus route and we have to pay as much as $15,000 to $20,000 per month, not only will the maxis lose out but also the banks and the credit unions who loaned us the monies to purchase the new fleet of maxis. We have been carrying schoolchildren for as many as four years. We really would want you to seek the best interest, not only for us but also for the country as a whole,” she said.

Warner assured Dillon he will meet with members of the Maxi Taxi Association tomorrow where he will listen to their issues, concerns and suggestions.

Dillon expressed her appreciation to Warner for his willingness to hear what maxi taxi operators have to say.

As Warner and Indarsingh moved off and walked up the stairs to the entrance, they were surrounded by employees, most of them pushing for a handshake from Warner. Some even stole hugs and others shouted, “Welcome, welcome Mr Warner.”

Members of the media had to hold on to the railings to avoid being pushed over by the enthusiastic crowd.

As Warner and Indarsingh entered the foyer, the staff inside began to applaud and cheer as well, and again they took pictures of their new Minister.

“All you pushing me, I can’t see him, I can’t see him,” said one employee. Several openly said they were glad Imbert was no longer their Minister. Some are even looking forward to a “fantastic Sports Day” complaining that the event was cancelled because it was scheduled for May 22, the day the People’s Partnership and the PNM held their final political rallies before the May 24 General Election, which the PNM lost.

They also hope to have a “very Merry Christmas party” this year. :rotfl:

One employee said she was certain her new boss will provide proper drinking water for the staff. “We have water-coolers but the water comes from the pipes. We hope now that Mr Warner replaces the water-coolers with filtered water dispensers, for example Blue Waters, for drinking.”

Speaking with reporters, Warner said he expected to find resignation letters on his desk from the board members of several special purpose companies that fall under his new ministry, and if not he promised to “write them”.

Last Sunday, during Indian Arrival Day celebrations at his Chaguanas West constituency office, Warner said the People’s Partnership Government expected directors on the boards to resign by the time he took up office.

Yesterday, Warner told reporters his first order of business was to meet with senior staff members of the ministry, including the Permanent Secretary, to find out “what outstanding work there is?”

“ I want to know how much money was spent? How much money remained? What contracts were signed in the last months before the General Election was called and if any contracts were signed after the election?”

After speaking to reporters, Warner and Indarsingh walked towards an elevator, amid another round of cheers and applause.

As the Newsday team attempted to follow Warner to his office to get a photograph of him behind his desk, MTS security personnel blocked them and said they were acting on instructions from the PS “not to let any media into the building”.
© newsday.co.tt - www.newsday.co.tt
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A hero Arrives ..... lol
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 07:18:12 AM »
wow!! :o

dem soca warriors bess forget bout gettin dey money oui...de man is ah beloved walking diety
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 07:36:15 AM »
Jack is we Berlusconi.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 08:32:44 AM »
Jack is we Berlusconi.

the latest issue of gq have an article about il presidente...it realll surprising the kinda isht thiat man do and still hanging on to power in italy...just goes to show the mindset of the italian people i guess.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 09:01:40 AM »
Jack is we Berlusconi.

the latest issue of gq have an article about il presidente...it realll surprising the kinda isht thiat man do and still hanging on to power in italy...just goes to show the mindset of the italian people i guess.
Not just hanging on to power but popular.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 09:36:23 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 10:52:04 AM »
this man 2nd to kamla yes. this man loved by coolie, creole, chinee & whiteman yes
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 11:02:37 AM »
All yuh have to understand....after working with the Leprechaun these past years I guess ANYBODY would be a refreshing welcome..... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 01:04:23 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: them people think they smart. they showing him so much love cuz they fraid they will be on the 'bread line' next like how jack start by firing all the execs.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 01:13:46 PM »
i can see it now, Anil ask Jack for pool , Jack ask Anil for money and stadium. Jack builds and funds his empire, Anil happy he gets his pool. Football and swimming improves, they both look like heroes , d end 
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 02:07:50 PM »
All yuh have to understand....after working with the Leprechaun these past years I guess ANYBODY would be a refreshing welcome..... ;D

I eh go doubt that is exactly it.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 02:42:00 PM »
this man 2nd to kamla yes. this man loved by coolie, creole, chinee & whiteman yes

This is not specific to you sammy, but I did notice that are lot of post that used the word coolie freely. I wonder how it would go over if I started posting niggger on the board.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 02:44:46 PM »

This is not specific to you sammy, but I did notice that are lot of post that used the word coolie freely. I wonder how it would go over if I started posting niggger on the board.

shh...doh tell nobody eh....but i is a coolie meh self. Just wanted to show the "love" across all races in an extreme way.
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 02:46:56 PM »

I eh go doubt that is exactly it.

More than one persons called in on radio from MOW this morning testifying that colm was a "pig" . Not to mention that Jack made a comment that all state boards should resign some time ago. So it may well be a combination of both in addition to genuine support.
(Muslim)

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 06:11:23 PM »

shh...doh tell nobody eh....but i is a coolie meh self. Just wanted to show the "love" across all races in an extreme way.

dah do make it right

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 06:13:42 PM »
"Warner, bomaye!''  "Warner, bomaye!'' "Warner, bomaye!''  :devil:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 06:48:40 PM »

1. What is your definition of "a lot"? because a cursory search reveals only this http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?action=search2

2. Have you given consideration to who the posters are that are using the term and why?

3. If you were offended did you contact the mods?

4. If you were offended, why would you think it okay to "freely" use the N-word on the forum?

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 06:53:19 PM »

1. What is your definition of "a lot"? because a cursory search reveals only this http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?action=search2

2. Have you given consideration to who the posters are that are using the term and why?

4. If you were offended, why would you think it okay to "freely" use the N-word on the forum?

yuh overs!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 07:07:19 PM »
1)   Maybe “a lot” was not the right word to use, but perception can be one sided.

2&3) No I am not offend,  my post was more of a reflection of a recent post where the word “creole” was used and the poster was told that it was a racist word. (Searched for it but could not find it but I know it existed.)  I was trying to address what i percerived as a double standard when one word is acceptable and the other is not.

4) Maybe I should have used a little more tact in raising my issue on double standard and used the phrase N-word instead of the spelling it out.  If anyone was offended I apologize it was not meant  as a slur but to highlight what I believe is a double standard.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 07:15:23 PM by trinindian »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 08:08:08 PM »
1)   Maybe “a lot” was not the right word to use, but perception can be one sided.

2&3) No I am not offend,  my post was more of a reflection of a recent post where the word “creole” was used and the poster was told that it was a racist word. (Searched for it but could not find it but I know it existed.)  I was trying to address what i percerived as a double standard when one word is acceptable and the other is not.

4) Maybe I should have used a little more tact in raising my issue on double standard and used the phrase N-word instead of the spelling it out.  If anyone was offended I apologize it was not meant  as a slur but to highlight what I believe is a double standard.

I understand the larger point you were trying to make... and in observing your posts I think you are a reasonable fella.  As good an issue as it is to raise the double-standard, I think much of the currency to be had from a discussion may have been squandered by the manner in which you went about it.

All that said though I agree with you, neither usage should be condoned in my book.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 08:51:03 PM »
Stay tune d PS is cheap cheap and Jack done promise d mother of all xmas party. 1st PS 2 get pckin I takin bets go b this lady.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>