April 20, 2024, 02:49:59 AM

Author Topic: $28 million Home is now a consulate for St. Kitts and Nevis  (Read 1246 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile

One of the most expensive houses in Canada -- a waterfront Uplands home listed for sale a year ago at more than $28 million -- is now a consulate for St. Kitts and Nevis, two lush Caribbean Islands.

The 15,900-square-foot house, called Sweet Pea, is set on a hectare of land with more than 450 metres of waterfront. The house at 3195 Humber Rd. has seven bedrooms, an indoor swimming pool and spa, doors covered in gold leaf, manicured grounds, a desalination plant and an enhanced security system that slides shutters over windows at the touch of a button. When it was listed by Sotheby's International, it was advertised as having a media room that would suit the likes of movie mogul Steven Spielberg

Read more: http://www.timescolonist.com/news/Uplands+home+Caribbean+consulate/3101577/story.html#ixzz0pkuBxJCi

ah wonder if day go let eeenn ah trinbagonian for a little fresh water swim in de pool ;D

Now, why would a small country like them need a $28 million home as their consulate??
oh by the way that is $71,332,500 ECD
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 11:45:00 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: $28 million Home is now a consulate for St. Kitts and Nevis
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 12:11:11 AM »
The property is owned by the Axelrods, not the Kittitian gov't. Honorary Consul arrangement it would seem.
Yuh may be able to take a swim if yuh express interest in Gallery of History Inc. shares.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:00:18 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 12:52:01 AM »
Honorary Consul. No big deal.

I am guessing this is in Toronto.
The owner is probably the Honorary Consul Gen.
So what?

Journalists just looking for ting again.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 06:33:00 AM »
The property is owned by the Axelrods, not the Kittian gov't. Honorary Consul arrangement it would seem.
or hor, right then

Yuh may be able to take a swim if yuh express interest in Gallery of History Inc. shares.
nice
ah goin an buy at least one share then ;D
ah wonder if I could get them to flog my AJW signed TnT jersey :devil:

I am guessing this is in Toronto.
nah
Victoria, BC
WestCoast of Canada

Journalists just looking for ting again.
nah I misread the article, dais all ;)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 04:43:16 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>