April 28, 2024, 02:02:52 PM

Author Topic: Licensing HQ to go Central  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Licensing HQ to go Central
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2010, 05:55:53 PM »
In my view..all govt services should be decentralized. Have 9 government complex buildings that housing sub offices of the various ministries dat could handle dey stories.

Buh we go see how dis go.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Licensing HQ to go Central
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2010, 06:16:03 PM »
In my view..all govt services should be decentralized. Have 9 government complex buildings that housing sub offices of the various ministries dat could handle dey stories.

CO-SIGNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack vows to move Licensing Office to Caroni
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2010, 11:26:46 AM »
Jack vows to move Licensing Office to Caroni
By Raphael John-Lall (T&T Guardian)

The Licensing Office on Wrightson Road, Port-of-Spain will be relocated to Caroni, according to Works and Transport Minister Jack Warner. “Cabinet agreed that the Motor Vehicles Authority, what we call the Licensing Office on Wrightson Road, shall now officially be moved to Frederick Settlement, Caroni. The Licensing Office, St James, shall now occupy where the Motor Vehicle Authority and Licensing now occupy on Wrightson Road. He added: “Cabinet also agreed they shall have access centres established in Arima, at Carson Field, Chaguanas, and Penal. “These access centres, along with the shift from Wrightson Road, is expected so that all of these shall be completed before the end of the year. My date for this is November 30,” he said.

He disclosed that yesterday at the post-Cabinet press conference at the Office of the Prime Minister, St Clair. He also said his ministry has been receiving complaints about the Licensing Office in Arima. “I have received numerous complaints about the quality of service in the Licensing Office in Arima which is to be investigated. “We shall also pay a visit to the Vehicle Maintenance Corporation of Trinidad and Tobago (VMCOTT) Office on the Priority Bus Route (PBR) and we shall see the operation there as well,” he said.

Warner said the PBR would be opened up to the public from July 1. He said: “The Priority Bus Route will finally be opened to the public from Friday, July 1, from 4 am to 6 am and from 8.30 am to 2.30 pm on weekdays only. “Access will be granted to non-commercial and non-public transport vehicles which do not have such legal access at the moment. “

He added: “Those using the PBR during those hours of 4 am to 6 am and 8.30 am to 2.30 pm must carry a minimum of three persons and vehicles must exit the PBR promptly upon expiration of the stipulated time or they will be fined in accordance of the law. “I wish to add that the scheme will apply to maxi taxis which do not have the PBR passes at present.” He added this would be for a probationary period. “This scheme will be for a three-month period in the first instance at the end of which it will be analysed to see whether it will be continued extended or curtailed,” he added.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>