March 29, 2024, 02:05:48 AM

Author Topic: Licensing HQ to go Central  (Read 4325 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Licensing HQ to go Central
« on: June 03, 2010, 06:50:43 AM »
Licensing HQ to go Central
By RHONDOR DOWLAT Thursday, June 3 2010

Transport officers and members of the media visit one of the proposed sites for the Licensing Authority at Eagles Drive, Carlsen Field. ...
The Licensing Authority will be relocated to either Carslen Field, Chaguanas or Caroni and is expected to be “up and running” by December.

This was revealed by Minister of Works and Transport, Jack Warner who visited the proposed sites yesterday.

Warner was in the company of Minister in his Ministry, Rudranath Indarsingh; Transport Commissioner, Ruben Cato and the Works Ministry’s Permanent Secretary Cheryl Blackman.

The Carlsen Field site, which Warner and his team proposed, is at Eagles Drive. It’s the former location of lumber company Tanteak.

Warner said he thought the site was spacious since the headquarters needed a lot of land.

“I find that it has a lot of space here and also it is easily accessible to motorists but not accessible to persons on foot, which is one of the factors I am looking at. I will have to visit the site at Caroni and from there, decide which one is more fit for the purpose,” he said.

“I expect that the site will be chosen soon and construction to start immediately and that it should be done and open by December 2010. It can be done. I promised to deliver and I will,” Warner added.

The Licensing Authority would have been initially constructed at Mt Hope, a move made by Warner’s predecessor Colm Imbert. Warner said the relocation from Wrightson Road, Port-of-Spain carried a cost of $23.5 million but the figure will have to be reviewed with the new plans.

Warner said there would be a state-of-the-art computerised system put in place so that driver’s permits can be renewed in just about 15 minutes.

He revealed that ten licensing authority offices will be constructed throughout the country including Point Fortin, Princes Town, San Fernando, Mount Hope and Tobago.

On the question of corrupted officers in the institution, Warner said, “Under this new administration, corruption will be a thing of the past and I will not let it bring down Kamla’s government, especially under my watch.

Whoever is corrupt they have a few days to pack and go. I shall weed out all corrupt officers because our function is to serve the people.”

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,121816.html
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 06:52:01 AM by Flex »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Licensing HQ to go Central
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 08:39:48 AM »
nice. less traffic and reason for people to crowd up POS.  I thought of this idea before. Closer for people way down south, and far east

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 01:39:05 PM »

On the question of corrupted officers in the institution, Warner said, “Under this new administration, corruption will be a thing of the past and I will not let it bring down Kamla’s government, especially under my watch.

Whoever is corrupt they have a few days to pack and go. I shall weed out all corrupt officers because our function is to serve the people.”

When ah see the source of the quote ah eh know if to  :rotfl: :rotfl:   OR   :'( :'(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 02:06:25 PM »

When ah see the source of the quote ah eh know if to  :rotfl: :rotfl:   OR   :'( :'(
But wait... the Minister of Works and Transport addressing the media and referring to the Prime Minister by first name. * scratches head*

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 02:50:34 PM »

When ah see the source of the quote ah eh know if to  :rotfl: :rotfl:   OR   :'( :'(
But wait... the Minister of Works and Transport addressing the media and referring to the Prime Minister by first name. * scratches head*

I was wondering the same thing when I read Orville London referring to her by her first name in the Guardian this morning.

http://guardian.co.tt/news/politics/2010/06/02/new-ministry-raises-red-flags-says-london

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 02:54:03 PM »

I was wondering the same thing when I read Orville London referring to her by her first name in the Guardian this morning.

http://guardian.co.tt/news/politics/2010/06/02/new-ministry-raises-red-flags-says-london
It's unacceptable in both instances.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 03:07:07 PM »

When ah see the source of the quote ah eh know if to  :rotfl: :rotfl:   OR   :'( :'( 

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  It takes a tief to know a tief.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 03:08:43 PM by Deeks »

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 03:11:36 PM »

It's unacceptable in both instances.

my thoughts exactly.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 03:24:05 PM »
Anybody care to discuss the fact that this might be another good initiative that this new government is pushing?

Or we gonna sing the same old Jack song here too?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 04:04:28 PM »

CO-SIGNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 06:04:25 PM »
Anybody care to discuss the fact that this might be another good initiative that this new government is pushing?

Licensing office was moving anyways... exactly what is the "good initiative"... that he going and provide jobs to one of two UNC constituencies?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 06:11:09 PM »

Licensing office was moving anyways... exactly what is the "good initiative"... that he going and provide jobs to one of two UNC constituencies?

What about the computerization, the ten new licensing offices and the promise to weed out corrupt officials.. Was that on the cards too?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 06:21:42 PM »

What about the computerization, the ten new licensing offices and the promise to weed out corrupt officials.. Was that on the cards too?

Actually yes. Remember last year or so dey siezed several certified copies? That was for the purpose of using them for data entry. I go try and dig up articles which mentioned that. And remember several officers got suspended too? The officers in question were too senior to fire just like that so they continually shuffled them around.

Oh well. Leh me keep quiet before i branded a prophet of doom and gloom. Statements like these:

have continued to assure me that i am worrying about nothing whatsoever.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 06:28:13 PM »

Computerization and elimination of corruption was already in process. The software was provided by the province of Nova Scotia. There were reports of it being buggy but me eh know how far dey did reach by de time dey lorse de election.

Here are some articles:
Imbert endorses software for Licensing Authority upgrade
Flawed computer system purchased by TT Govt for Licensing
Canadian report: Bugs in TT licensing software
Licensing starts high-tech switch from next month
Licensing Authority gets into gear
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 06:40:07 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 06:41:20 PM »

watch yuh self breads, or we might see u hanging in woodford square. Always remember jack can do no good what so ever.  :-\
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 07:47:20 PM »
Computerization and elimination of corruption was already in process. The software was provided by the province of Nova Scotia. There were reports of it being buggy but me eh know how far dey did reach by de time dey lorse de election.

Here are some articles:

Thanks Tallman... people play like dey eh familiar with Jack sleight of hand tricks by now.  Why Caroni and/or Chaguanas?  Oh ah fuhget, dem is de only two place it have enough space fuh customers to park.

"A man who tosses worms in the river isn't necessarily a friend of the fish..."

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 10:20:27 PM »
"The road to hell is paved with good intention."
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 10:53:00 PM »
"The road to hell is paved with good intention."

CO-SIGN 1 AH MEH FAVORITE QUOTES
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 03:53:27 AM »

Here are some articles:

Thanks Tallman... people play like dey eh familiar with Jack sleight of hand tricks by now.  Why Caroni and/or Chaguanas?  Oh ah fuhget, dem is de only two place it have enough space fuh customers to park.

where do u suggest my friend?
(Muslim)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 06:04:37 PM »

Here are some articles:

Mount Hope?

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 07:24:04 PM »

Here are some articles:

Mount Hope?
so what about the couple hundred people who live south of the caroni river? wont they cause a wee bit of traffic on the highway when they attempting to go to the office?
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 09:04:19 PM »
so what about the couple hundred people who live south of the caroni river? wont they cause a wee bit of traffic on the highway when they attempting to go to the office?

What about the hundreds of thousands who live north, east and west of the Caroni... they won't cause "a wee bit of traffic on the highway when they attempting to go to the office?"

Joker.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 10:59:05 PM »

What about the hundreds of thousands who live north, east and west of the Caroni... they won't cause "a wee bit of traffic on the highway when they attempting to go to the office?"

Joker.
:rotfl: tsk tsk tsk. orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..i now remember, u doh live trini, right right, so let me just fill u in, all the the traffic does be going into POS on mornings. THe line does be backed up allong the highway til chaguanas from POS.
TO leave POS on mornings is really easy as compared into going the other way. So i think that if the license office is in a central location everyone will benefit including the hundreds of thousands who live in south trinidad as well as the north.

(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2010, 12:02:37 AM »
:rotfl: tsk tsk tsk. orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..i now remember, u doh live trini, right right, so let me just fill u in, all the the traffic does be going into POS on mornings. THe line does be backed up allong the highway til chaguanas from POS.
TO leave POS on mornings is really easy as compared into going the other way. So i think that if the license office is in a central location everyone will benefit including the hundreds of thousands who live in south trinidad as well as the north.

Thanks tuntunhole... fuh telling mih something I doh know.  Because of course since I "doh live trini" dat mean I never in Trinidad to know what traffic conditions are at Grand Bazaar and in which direction.  Of course once they move Licensing office then all traffic into POS on mornings gone... POOF!

Thanks again genius.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2010, 07:12:42 AM »

Thanks tuntunhole... fuh telling mih something I doh know.  Because of course since I "doh live trini" dat mean I never in Trinidad to know what traffic conditions are at Grand Bazaar and in which direction.  Of course once they move Licensing office then all traffic into POS on mornings gone... POOF!

Thanks again genius.

your very  welcome my friend . such good upbringing - manners and all . 
(Muslim)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2010, 07:27:30 AM »

Joker.

Why don't they just have licensing offices all over (well almost all over), so that we eh have to go POS or Central but right in we own backyard, so to speak, to conduct business....

Depending on where they want to put this office in Central would be interesting.....isn't Chaguanas already noted for having bad, bad traffic no matter the time or day of the week (except Sundays perhaps)??....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2010, 07:39:43 AM »

Joker.

Why don't they just have licensing offices all over (well almost all over), so that we eh have to go POS or Central but right in we own backyard, so to speak, to conduct business....

Depending on where they want to put this office in Central would be interesting.....isn't Chaguanas already noted for having bad, bad traffic no matter the time or day of the week (except Sundays perhaps)??....

Well dey say dey go be opening about 10 more.

Once de system is computerized, de next step should be to allow certain tasks (e.g. renewing driver's permits) to be done online, so yuh doh even have tuh go tuh de office.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2010, 07:41:58 AM »

Joker.

All yuh follow d story close nah Chaguanas traffic is d 1st ting d PM say he will deal wit. So brownie all will b swell wit licensing in Chaguanas.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2010, 08:12:35 AM »

The Carlsen Field site, which Warner and his team proposed, is at Eagles Drive. It’s the former location of lumber company Tanteak.

Warner said he thought the site was spacious since the headquarters needed a lot of land.

“I find that it has a lot of space here and also it is easily accessible to motorists but not accessible to persons on foot, which is one of the factors I am looking at. I will have to visit the site at Caroni and from there, decide which one is more fit for the purpose,” he said.

He revealed that ten licensing authority offices will be constructed throughout the country including Point Fortin, Princes Town, San Fernando, Mount Hope and Tobago.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,121816.html

brown, carlsen feild just after chaguanas right off the highway, so u not really going into chaguanas. The only time u will face traffic to get there is probably in the evening rush hour coming from north, and i dont think much ppl will be going there at that time anyways.

on a side note - I dont think that anyone thinks that this alone will stop traffic on mornings, but it is a step in the right direction by decentralizing POS from necessary offices, dont u think?
(Muslim)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2010, 09:00:22 AM »

Joker.

Well dey say dey go be opening about 10 more.

Once de system is computerized, de next step should be to allow certain tasks (e.g. renewing driver's permits) to be done online, so yuh doh even have tuh go tuh de office.

Ok...cool...I didn't read the article above so if it was mentioned in there then I spoke out of turn....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

1]; } ?>