March 29, 2024, 06:39:16 AM

Author Topic: Spurs set sights on Hyland  (Read 15550 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Spurs set sights on Hyland
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2010, 06:45:42 AM »
And latapy discard this youth for the WCQ final stages .... I see Lester peltier in the dog house .... 

Ummm....allyuh forget the u-20 world cup? The man gone backwards...he was no longer earning his spot on the national team. In front of who in our midfield? I rather u say Latas discard Birchie before you call Hyland name.

Spurs looking to offload Jenas and some other men. Hyland would be understudy to Palacios, so he have a decent chance man. Spurs midfield is Palacios and Huddlestone in the middle, with Lennon and Bently fighting up on the right and Modric and Krancjar fighting up on the left. Hyland could fit right in the middle, man, in a couple of years.

The under 20 world cup only clashed with the Honduras and USA games i think ... and like Jozzy altidore i think 2009 WCQ would have been a break out year for hyland ..
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 06:56:04 AM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2010, 07:51:14 AM »
Nah I meant he play real ta-ta in that world cup. He was possibly our worst midfielder...and that was hard to do seeing that Sean De Silva play poorly too. But at least Sean was trying.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2010, 07:52:48 AM »
And latapy discard this youth for the WCQ final stages .... I see Lester peltier in the dog house .... 

Ummm....allyuh forget the u-20 world cup? The man gone backwards...he was no longer earning his spot on the national team. In front of who in our midfield? I rather u say Latas discard Birchie before you call Hyland name.

Spurs looking to offload Jenas and some other men. Hyland would be understudy to Palacios, so he have a decent chance man. Spurs midfield is Palacios and Huddlestone in the middle, with Lennon and Bently fighting up on the right and Modric and Krancjar fighting up on the left. Hyland could fit right in the middle, man, in a couple of years.

some of you guys suffering from amnesia..Theoblad and other local based midfielders were getting selected over Hyland (and hyland was playing full time mins for his club in Belgium)..the way you asking "in front of who" people would think T&T have alot of quality midfielders..at his age and phase in his career Yorke was still de only good central midfielder we had last year so what the hell you mean "in front of who"..who exactly was earning their spot on that team ?..steupse

same argument can be made for Roberts being passed over for local based strikers..we shall see if latas continue with this same mamaguy for the rest of 2010
Nah man..Theobald stopped starting even though he was in the squad right through. It was Clyde Leon in his spot..and Hyland stopped getting picked after his game dropped, not before.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2010, 07:53:26 AM »
Show me d sign contract until then :notlistening:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2010, 08:14:12 AM »
Nah I meant he play real ta-ta in that world cup. He was possibly our worst midfielder...and that was hard to do seeing that Sean De Silva play poorly too. But at least Sean was trying.

I think he played an ok  none of the midfielders stood out
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2010, 08:14:27 AM »
Show me d sign contract until then :notlistening:
This.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2010, 08:19:16 AM »
I wouldn't say he was bad. More like he was out of sync with a team that made most of their preparations without him.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2010, 08:45:29 AM »
I wish him all the best, but I have two words:
Work Permit

Interesting article: http://www.workpermit.com/news/2005_08_30/uk/sports_stars.htm

The rules on whether a player is granted automatic entry are clear. He must have played in 75% of internationals for his country in the two years before the application, while the player's country must regularly make the top 70 world rankings.

Since June 2008, T&T has played 36 matches (34 if you count from July) and 31 from August.
Hyland has played in 19 (17 from July and 14 from August), roughly around 50% of matches.
If you take off the 9 matches under Latapy where he has not played, you have 19/27 = 70% 17/25=68% 14/22=64%
In the last two years, we have not been in the top 70 with the exception of a brief period between August and October of last year (after we beat El Salvador?)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2010, 09:29:37 AM »
Work Permit

CO-SIGN
COULD NOT SAY IT BETTA
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2010, 10:46:42 AM »
Now Liverpool tryin to sign Redknapp. 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2010, 01:50:00 PM »
Give de man ah lil birthday greetings. He turn 21 today.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2010, 02:33:34 PM »
Give de man ah lil birthday greetings. He turn 21 today.

Happy Bday meh yute I know what yuh wishing 4 when u blow out d candles on d cake.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2010, 03:46:07 PM »
Work Permit

Interesting article: http://www.workpermit.com/news/2005_08_30/uk/sports_stars.htm

The rules on whether a player is granted automatic entry are clear. He must have played in 75% of internationals for his country in the two years before the application, while the player's country must regularly make the top 70 world rankings.

Since June 2008, T&T has played 36 matches (34 if you count from July) and 31 from August.
Hyland has played in 19 (17 from July and 14 from August), roughly around 50% of matches.
If you take off the 9 matches under Latapy where he has not played, you have 19/27 = 70% 17/25=68% 14/22=64%
In the last two years, we have not been in the top 70 with the exception of a brief period between August and October of last year (after we beat El Salvador?)

Midknight you real disappoint me here... you is ah man usually on point.

de reason why teams loan out players to places like belgium is not only to get experience but to attain a european passport... so a work permit is no longer necessary...

he may not have spent enough time there yet, but a case can be made that he is performing at a top level in a top european league and win the work permit on appeal anyway...

is not like he coming from jabloteh... so doh be a wet rag nah
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2010, 03:52:43 PM »
See wha this blacklist and national team being inactive cost !!!! that blasted Warner and camps

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2010, 04:45:01 PM »
Work Permit

CO-SIGN
COULD NOT SAY IT BETTA
That is why they had him out on loan to belgium when he was at portsmouth. In his third year he eligible for  a work permit in england due to the euro agreement. i think is 2 years gone already, right?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2010, 05:22:40 PM »
Work Permit

CO-SIGN
COULD NOT SAY IT BETTA
That is why they had him out on loan to belgium when he was at portsmouth. In his third year he eligible for  a work permit in england due to the euro agreement. i think is 2 years gone already, right?

Cue Tman is it 2 yrs ahready?

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2010, 05:26:14 PM »
checked it on wikipedia and he just completed his second season and just missed out on player of the season in belgium as well...hope this one goes through

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2010, 08:08:54 PM »
Some ppl on here real negative boy! they always have tuh throw ah monkey wrench in the equation. sttuueeepppssss. it's either they need some serious lovin, or they just sour sour so.

be positive nah, and leave off the negative energy for fack sake man!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2010, 09:07:54 PM »
Work Permit

Midknight you real disappoint me here... you is ah man usually on point.

de reason why teams loan out players to places like belgium is not only to get experience but to attain a european passport... so a work permit is no longer necessary...

he may not have spent enough time there yet, but a case can be made that he is performing at a top level in a top european league and win the work permit on appeal anyway...

is not like he coming from jabloteh... so doh be a wet rag nah

No negativity, (you and JC), I just had trouble swallowing most of the article, as with almost anything related to T&T football. I was just pointing out to the faithful anxiously ready to lap up any semblance of good news, that the interest (From Redknapp or anyone else in England) is not, and will not be the determining factor of him going there.

You will notice that I highlighted the "automatic entry" part of the quote. I'm very much aware that there is an appeals process through which he could presumable succeed. The article I did quote (and which mention Jason Scotland's weird case) did point that out. I'm just not convinced that his stint in Belgium would be sufficient for a case to ne made out.

As for the passport, complete brain fart on my part, though if it's as easy to get one as you're suggesting, I definitely chose the wrong path in life.

My bad.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 09:15:42 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2010, 09:17:03 PM »
checked it on wikipedia and he just completed his second season and just missed out on player of the season in belgium as well...hope this one goes through

Player of the season for the league or for his club? There's a big difference. I feel is for his club.
BTW where you get dat piece of info from? I not seein dat part in his wiki.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2010, 09:17:27 PM »
Some ppl on here real negative boy! they always have tuh throw ah monkey wrench in the equation. sttuueeepppssss. it's either they need some serious lovin, or they just sour sour so.

Glad to see some people change.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2010, 09:36:41 PM »

Glad to see some people change.

Keep bein Pres of d Reality Check Committee. We have nuff peeps who do cartwheels evry time d mention of a player signin a contract.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2010, 01:07:04 PM »
Arent his rights held by Sheffield united? i thought he was on loan at the Belgium club.
Hart for president

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2010, 01:30:50 PM »
Arent his rights held by Sheffield united? i thought he was on loan at the Belgium club.

nope

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2010, 09:08:28 AM »
I don't think Spurs is the right move for him... he'll get a chance to "develop" where... on the practice field?  Championship ball?

The money might be nicer in the short term as Prem squads are loaded with cash... but if this Mr. Davies really thinking long term the Italy move might make a whole lot more sense.

I concur with the Italy conclusion. Serie A is a vast spread, but in principle I agree.

To Hyland: Belated b'day greetings.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:10:04 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2010, 09:48:14 AM »
i agree that the serie A would be a better move for him at this point in time, the Italian league has given many "unknown" talents an opportunity to show their skills. i believe the epl move would only benefit his agent more than it would him, but football is a funny game so we never know how things will play out but all in all i wish him the best and i will support him wherever he goes.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2010, 10:38:40 AM »
best ah luck yute ah hope things plays out in your favour...ah keepin mih eye on dis n de developements
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2010, 11:26:51 AM »
Last young midfield player from trinidad with the world of potential that I know of who went to Italy, end up playin in the conferences of England while he should be at his prime...  :'(

I hope Hyland doh end up so too...

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2010, 02:44:05 PM »
Last young midfield player from trinidad with the world of potential that I know of who went to Italy, end up playin in the conferences of England while he should be at his prime...  :'(

I hope Hyland doh end up so too...

Good point Spidey

With the quality of players he will be playing wit in trainin on a daily basis with Spurs, there is no doubt where he should go.

I once heard harry describe him a couple of years ago in an interview while at Portsmouth as a carbon copy of lasana diarra. 

He is a confidence player.........and what better manager than Harry Redknapp

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2010, 09:09:39 PM »
I don't think Spurs is the right move for him... he'll get a chance to "develop" where... on the practice field?  Championship ball?

The money might be nicer in the short term as Prem squads are loaded with cash... but if this Mr. Davies really thinking long term the Italy move might make a whole lot more sense.

I concur with the Italy conclusion. Serie A is a vast spread, but in principle I agree.

To Hyland: Belated b'day greetings.

If by "a vast spread" you mean the lack of parity from top to bottom I wholeheartedly agree... I think Serie A is more to his natural talents I think.  My concern with England is that the English game isn't very kind to shifty midfield players, they tend to draw a lot of fouls and little protection from the refs.

1]; } ?>