April 19, 2024, 03:42:42 PM

Author Topic: Brazil vs. Tanzania  (Read 4373 times)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brazil vs. Tanzania
« on: June 07, 2010, 09:35:55 AM »
Brazil up, but Tanzania running rings around the Brazilian defence. Their #16 in midfield running the show. When Brazil attacks you could see the gap in quality though...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brazil vs. Tanzania
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 09:44:17 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 09:59:18 AM »
Brazil clearly running at 50% and trying not to get injured.

Tanzania's coach is Brazilian so that might have something to do with how this one got organized.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 10:13:49 AM »
Allyuh men doh get in trouble watchin football in work boy? ???
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 10:21:25 AM »
Why Brazil playing against low level opposition ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 10:24:51 AM »
3-0. Ramirez

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 10:44:54 AM »
4-0. Kaka

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 10:50:35 AM »

Fine tuning?  :-\ They already know they could step it up when the real competition starts?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 10:55:51 AM »
4-1. Aziz

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 10:56:00 AM »
Tanzania scores... well deserved.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 11:01:20 AM »

if they keep this up we might get a bly to play them.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 11:01:48 AM »
5-1. Ramires again

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 11:02:04 AM »
Strange Maicon and Kaka play whole game.
Good goals by Ramieres doh.
Tanzania play decent.

if they keep this up we might get a bly to play them.

Well dey eh have no qualifiers to play for next world cup...so who knows.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 11:16:03 AM »

Warm up I suppose. 

It's not only Brazil

2 of Portugal's last 3 matches before the world cup are/were against Cape Verde Island and Mozambique.

Argentina played against Jamaica and Canada...

Everybody has a different way of warming up I suppose. 

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 11:59:27 AM »
So Tommy Smyth doesn't think Brazil will make it out of their group; he says he'll be really surprised if they do ... uh huh ...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?categoryid=4647237&id=5218067
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 12:32:58 PM »
So Tommy Smyth doesn't think Brazil will make it out of their group; he says he'll be really surprised if they do ... uh huh ...

Dey go hadda buss rell bad. De last time dey fail tuh make it outta dey group was in 1966.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 12:37:31 PM »

He mad
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 12:42:09 PM »

Dey go hadda buss rell bad. De last time dey fail tuh make it outta dey group was in 1966.

lol You're like a football encyclopaedia.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 12:42:49 PM »

He mad

Same thing I say. Got so upset I didn't even bother to watch the rest of the ESPN previews.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 12:49:22 PM »

He mad

He not mad

He biased AND incompetent

Potent mix
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 12:56:08 PM »

He mad

He not mad

Potent mix
Smyth doh like nobody who could trap first time and tackle standing up.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 12:58:34 PM »
shaka should bet him money

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 01:10:29 PM »
I guess somebody had to root against Brazil just to be different. 

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 02:15:07 PM »
I guess somebody had to root against Brazil just to be different. 

The thing is, it's not that he rooting against Brazil, cuz nothing wrong with that in and of itself. But to actually say it wud be SURPRISING to him if Brazil makes it out of their group? Ah mean, I doh back Brazil either, but come on! Anybody with at least some familiarity with international football   half a brain would know that the surprise would be if Brazil DOESN'T advance from the group stage.

And he supposed to be an expert... ::)

Cocaine is a helluva drug yes
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 02:18:24 PM by trinikev »
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 02:22:32 PM »

He mad

He not mad

Potent mix
Smyth doh like nobody who could trap first time and tackle standing up.

:rotfl: :rotfl:....or could easily dribble past at least two men!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 03:06:47 PM »

Fine tuning?  :-\ They already know they could step it up when the real competition starts?

My understanding is that FIFA regards Brazil as a unique ambassador, and particularly on the African continent where they are followed hugely. As such, aside from the convenience of the friendly for Brazil ... the games in Tanzania and in Zimbabwe were designed to make available these quality players to publics unable to travel to South Africa.

Note the atmosphere: the guy who ran onto the field was not whipped or corralled by security.

Also, there's the issue of Brazil's appearance fee ... makes it well worth it. However, just as we berate the TTFF for its myopia, critics of the Zimbabwean authorities are of the opinion Zimbabwe missed an opportunity to benefit more comprehensively from the tournament by not serving as a base for WC pre-training (in the vein of what the Swiss did prior to Germany) ... instead of paying big $$$ for one event ... on the other hand, I've heard an analysis that suggests ZIM tourism authorities have identified a bottom line on the margins of the tournament. Note too that the advertising during these games has featured Brazilian products (such as Brahma beer) marketed to the int'l audience, rather than the African market per se. There are several layers to this.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 03:28:44 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 03:08:57 PM »
World Cup 2010: Ronaldo Commentates On Brazil's Friendly Win Over Tanzania Via Twitter
The goal scoring legend had promised to 'play the World Cup' through his tweets...
By Daniel Edwards
Jun 7, 2010 8:25:00 PM

Legendary Brazil striker Ronaldo may have been upset at being left out of Dunga's squad for the World Cup, but he is ensuring that the world knows his support for the Selecao via the internet.

The Corinthians forward, formerly of Barcelona and Inter and with an international record of 97 caps and 62 goals, commented throughout the team's 5-1 win over Tanzania, leaving regular updates on his Twitter page.

Close friend Robinho's performance in the game was especially highlighted.

"Robinho is a beast," the former World Player of the Year wrote after the Santos forward scored his first goal of the match.

He also had kind words for playmaker Kaka, also present on the scoresheet.

"How great it is to see my friend Kaka score again," were his words after the ball had hardly struck the back of the net.

Ronaldo also allowed his followers a glimpse of the comedian within, mocking Santos coach Dorival Junior over a bet he supposedly made with Robinho - if the dimunitive striker scored with his head Junior would treat him to a barbecue.

"Could it be that Robinho's header there is also worth a barbecue?" the unofficial commentator wondered aloud.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »
As I have been doing for a year now ... (NOTE: prior to him being included in the WC squad) let me take this opportunity to state again: Ramires! Ramires! Ramires!

Any lessons for Trinidad & Tobago from this game? I think so.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 03:38:46 PM »
Another view

Monday June 07, 2010 
Columnist

Brazil against Tanzania is a bad idea

By Madaraka Nyerere, 29th May 2010 @ 16:00, Total Comments: 4, Hits: 804

THE idea that is about to become reality of the Brazilian national soccer team playing Tanzania's national side, Taifa Stars, is not one of the best I have heard this century.

It is only my conviction of the genuine commitment of officials of the Tanzania Football Federation (TFF) and coach Marcio Maximo to Tanzania's soccer development that has seen Tanzania moving from its lowest position on the FIFA World soccer rankings at 175 in October 2005 to 89 in December 2009 that prevents me from suggesting that pitting Brazil against Tanzania is a conspiracy designed to undermine the substantial gains made.

It might be a brilliant business idea that will generate substantial cash from ticket sales for TFF and whoever else happens to get rich through football matches but this event has limited utility as a confidence building measure for our players.

David fought the Goliath in the Bible; in contemporary life it is wise for challengers to build up their capacities gradually before taking on stronger opponents.

Putting the mighty Brazilians with the seemingly courageous Tanzanians in one stadium for ninety minutes is not a pleasant prospect for any Tanzanian patriot.

The soccer rankings by World soccer federation FIFA places Brazil at pole position, the best team in the world based on a scoring system that assesses how successful a team has won its recent international matches.

Tanzania is ranked at 108. Notwithstanding my reserved pessimism for Tanzania's chances I will be cheering Taifa Stars in front of my television set for all the 90 minutes of play.

But no amount of love for team and country will mitigate the firepower of the Brazilians and one only hopes that, together with any pain suffered, our national side will learn from the experience.

If someone sought my advice, I would have suggested that our players might gain more experience for less pain from watching the World Cup matches in South Africa.

Rankings aside, soccer matches have the occasional habit of springing unusual surprises.

At least in theory, Brazil can lose to Tanzania and after the final whistle and within a few years most Brazilians will learn to use a Kiswahili curse word.

However, pinning some dramatic result for Tanzania in the Dar es Salaam encounter on some remote statistical chance can only be described as an act of desperation.

Nevertheless, unusual results do occur as even FIFA acknowledges and we therefore find North Korea, the lowest ranked of the competing teams at 105 in the same group with Brazil in the opening round and playing against the Brazilians in Johannesburg on June 15.

One could argue if North Korea, ranked at 105, is in the World Cup and will be playing Brazil then perhaps 108th ranked Tanzania qualifies to face up to Brazil.

It will be interesting to compare the results of both matches and see which team loses by a wider margin to Brazil.

My prediction is the North Koreans, whose government is facing increased isolation by the international community for its nuclear arms programme and the recent deterioration with relations with South Korea, are more likely to produce better results and perhaps even some serious upsets in South Africa.

Adversity in international relations is likely to raise the Koreans' competitive spirit in football.

Tanzanians who recall Taifa Stars' 2-1 win against World Cup qualifier New Zealand last June in Dar es Salaam might be tempted to be optimistic about our national team's prospects against Brazil.

But having watched a live broadcast of Brazil, down by two goals to nil at half-time to Egypt at last year's Confederation Cup in South Africa, yet managing to eke out a 4-3 win, suggests that the teams that make their way to the upper echelons of the FIFA World soccer rankings do so on merit and all challengers, including Tanzania, should expect 90 minutes of pure soccer hell.

Of no consolation to Tanzanian supporters is the prediction by a Swiss mathematician that Brazil is listed together with Spain to have the best prospects of lifting the World Cup.

It will be, as one commentator said, a nice story to tell to one's grandchildren. "When Brazil played at the National Stadium, I was 2,000 kilometres away at Butiama and saw how 11 footballers bravely upheld the flag of our country against all odds."

The worst loss that our national team suffered was a 7-nil drubbing by Ethiopia on October 8, 1969. God willing, Ethiopia will still hold that record after Tuesday's match against Brazil.

madaraka.nyerere@gmail.com
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com
http://muhunda.blogspot.com/

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 03:41:44 PM »
Brazil up, but Tanzania running rings around the Brazilian defence. Their #16 in midfield running the show. When Brazil attacks you could see the gap in quality though...

One winner today is their #9 (?) ... Mrisho Ngassa. He won't stay in Tanzania long.

1]; } ?>