April 27, 2024, 03:41:46 PM

Author Topic: New IPHONE 4 Announced  (Read 4431 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
New IPHONE 4 Announced
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:36:47 AM »
Im a bit excited for this version watching at its features.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 01:02:10 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: New IPHONE 4 Announced
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 11:53:26 AM »
If it only had bbm it woulda be perfect.  ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 12:01:12 PM »
If it only had bbm it woulda be perfect.  ;D

;D

i get some specs

iPhone 4 announced, launching June 24 for $199 with new FaceTime video chat

Apple has unveiled its new iPhone 4 after a couple wild, unprecedented months of leaks. Sure, it looks exactly like we expected it to (Steve compares it to an old Leica camera), with a glass front and back, but it's what's on the inside that counts, kids. The stainless steel band that goes around the phone is an antenna system, while also providing the main structure of the phone, though it's plugged into the same old GSM / UMTS radio you all know and love -- there's a reason they didn't call it the iPhone 4G. There's also of course that front facing camera we were all anticipating, a rear camera with LED flash, and a new high resolution display that doubles the pixels in each direction (960 x 640) for a 4X overall pixel count increase -- Apple calls it a "Retina Display." It's rated at 326ppi, which Apple claims is beyond the human eye's limit of distinction. Check out an example of the new screen up against the iPhone 3G after the break. Similar to the iPad it's an IPS display, with 800:1 contrast. Naturally, it's still the same old 3.5-inch. Under the hood is the A4 processor that runs the iPad. Despite the new engine (and the 25% thinner chassis), Apple managed to make the battery slightly larger, and the new handset is rated at 7 hours of 3G talk, 6 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of WiFi browsing, 10 hours of video, and 40 hours of music. Oh, and that WiFi? It's 802.11n now.

On the software front, applications will automatically get high resolution text and buttons, and with "a little bit of work" developers can make their entire app compatible with the new resolution display. Developers will also get access to a new gyroscope, giving devs "six axis" motion control between the gyroscope, accelerometer, and compass, with a new "Core Motion" API to deal with it all. Users won't be left out in the cold, however: they can mess around with that new HD video using a brand new iMovie app if they shell out $4.99 for it. If anyone's feeling particularly frisky, iOS 4 even lets you switch your default search provider to Bing. Last but certainly not least, that new front camera is enabled for video chat using the new "FaceTime" feature. It's a WiFi-only (for now) video calling feature that works from iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 with "no setup" involved, and can flip over to the rear camera if your grandparents get tired of your face.

The phone will be available in white or black, retailing at $199 for the 16GB model and $299 for 32GB. They go on sale June 24th, and AT&T will be giving some extra grace upgrade timing -- up to six months early. The 3GS will be dropped to $99 and the 3G will disappear completely. Pre-orders start in a week, with 5 countries at launch (US, France, Germany, UK, Japan), with 18 more following in July. Apple will also be selling a first party case for $29, and a dock for the same price.

http://mobile.engadget.com/
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 01:01:28 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

AirMan

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 02:55:59 PM »
ah could only imagine the first year price of that phone

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 03:09:26 PM »
<wipes away tears of excitement>

D.H.W what? eh? did I just read correctly?
Did you just type/say "Im a bit excited for this version watching at its features."?

Dey one who just crack meh nuts what month it was because I Ms Motorala/flip/with stylus get ah Iphone 3G/3GS?

D.H.W actually my mind ran on you when I was watching it on cnn.com just lunchtime...saying ah wonder if that scamp watching this too ;D

I'll purchase it next year when my contract is up with my cell phone provider, plus it will give them enough time to fix all the bugs. I could well imagine the price in Canada plus contract for 4 years :-\

The phone will be available in white or black, retailing at $199 for the 16GB model and $299 for 32GB. They go on sale June 24th, and AT&T will be giving some extra grace upgrade timing -- up to six months early. The 3GS will be dropped to $99 and the 3G will disappear completely. Pre-orders start in a week, with 5 countries at launch (US, France, Germany, UK, Japan), with 18 more following in July. Apple will also be selling a first party case for $29, and a dock for the same price.

Mudda ass!!  >:( But look eh, the price of the first iphone 3G ran in the 700-800$. In the space of almost 3 years look where it price today... 99.00$  >:(

I'll wait !!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 03:13:56 PM by Prematie Bheem »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 03:30:02 PM »
i glad i on your mind  :-*  :devil:

I did not like the previous iphones because they were too restrictive and lacking good hardware, eg no removable battery, no removable memory , no flash , shitty camera etc the list goes on and on. This version 4G seems to be more of a Phone than a gimmick of the previous versions  ::). it still behind in hardware compared  too Sprint Android Device http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/07/iphone-4-vs-evo-4g-fight/ but it have good features  ;D FOR ONCE

Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 03:35:49 PM »
I go wait and see. Damn Apple too restrictive when dey ready.

One time my brethrin record a video on he iphone....and if yuh see madness we had to go through to get it off. No bluetooth...so we hadda use data cable. Gone in itunes....cyar get to de video.

Long story short....had to download some program dat go read de iphone like is a flash drive den go and dig up for de video and copy it over.

Specs wise it looking good...buh....i go wait and see.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 03:40:07 PM »

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 03:41:11 PM »
The only good thing about the new iPhone is
software version iOS4 will be able to be jail
broken, and unlocked.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 03:44:13 PM »
Get off WIFI now!

http://gizmodo.com/5557458/watch-the-steve-jobs-keynote-meltdown

:rotfl:

The ATT backbone is such a joke, Apple added
Video conferencing, but you have to be on
WiFi for the thing to work.
In Europe and Asia, pick a network, if you
have a Nokia N97, or any high end Nokia/Sony
Eric/Samsung, you can watch the World Cup
live on your phone, NO buffering.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 03:57:42 PM »
Get off WIFI now!

http://gizmodo.com/5557458/watch-the-steve-jobs-keynote-meltdown

:rotfl:

The ATT backbone is such a joke, Apple added
Video conferencing, but you have to be on
WiFi for the thing to work.
In Europe and Asia, pick a network, if you
have a Nokia N97, or any high end Nokia/Sony
Eric/Samsung, you can watch the World Cup
live on your phone, NO buffering.

What u say is true...but I have the Sky Sports / ESPN app here in de UK...I watched live streaming Premiership, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, SPL and Eredivisie football on my Iphone 3GS. And much more, but you get the point. Works fine over 3G or WiFi.

I dont think the World Cup will be showing on any of my apps, but the Iphone technology is there.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »
WILL NEVVA EVER EVA >:( >:( >:(.................................. :P ::)
I pity the fool....

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 05:29:26 PM »
here in Canada is be $60 / month :o
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 01:30:39 AM »
I don't know much about phone techonology.

However, I'll be in Toronto in July and I plan on buying a new phone.

So if I read correctly this new Iphone 4 is unlocked.

Can I buy it then and use it in another country with a sim card?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 08:53:47 AM »

VB

Oh gawd where where where you read that?
And yes with any unlocked phone you can use any sim card world wide.

I use my unlocked iphone anywhere in the world. Just pop in a pre paid sim card and BAM!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 08:54:41 AM »

VB

Oh gawd where where where you read that?
And yes with any unlocked phone you can use any sim card world wide.

I use my unlocked iphone anywhere in the world. Just pop in a pre paid sim card and BAM!!

so who studying phone now?  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 09:46:52 AM »
neva ah say neva...........not even if dey strip mih naked, strap mih dong in ah bottom less seat and continuously hit mih in d balls wit ah nutted rope.........................................unless ah gettin it free, then ah might reconsider  ::)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:55:58 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 09:50:15 AM »

VB
Although the new iPhone is slated to hit retailers in the United States and several other countries on June 24, Apple said the device won’t be available in Canada until the end of July.

Read more: http://www.financialpost.com/news/technology/Apple+banks+targeted+strategy+with+iPhone/3124255/story.html#ixzz0qHEtgzWN

purchasing just hardware without a plan in Canada can be more expensive than the US

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 10:00:41 AM »

One time my brethrin record a video on he iphone....and if yuh see madness we had to go through to get it off. No bluetooth...so we hadda use data cable. Gone in itunes....cyar get to de video.

Long story short....had to download some program dat go read de iphone like is a flash drive den go and dig up for de video and copy it over.

If you connect your phone to any Windows PC it gets recognized as a media device. This will start Microsoft Camera and Scanner Wizard that allows you to download all pics and movies without problems. Also you can just email or MMS the video over wi-fi (or AT&T if the file is small enough). Yuh making the thing harder than it has to be.

i glad i on your mind  :-*  :devil:

I did not like the previous iphones because they were too restrictive and lacking good hardware, eg no removable battery, no removable memory , no flash , shitty camera etc the list goes on and on. This version 4G seems to be more of a Phone than a gimmick of the previous versions  ::). it still behind in hardware compared  too Sprint Android Device http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/07/iphone-4-vs-evo-4g-fight/ but it have good features  ;D FOR ONCE

It still has no removable battery or memory, no flash etc. The only change from your list is the camera upgrade. The winner on the iphone, which will continue to be the winner with this upgraded graphic interface is that it is the best web-browsing experience on a phone bar none. How you could compare the simplicity of the iphone to them other phones and call it a gimmick is beyond me.

The problem with the iphone is the average life is about 1 year to 18 months on average. I don't know how that compares to other smart phones. Something bound to go wrong with the iphone and yuh have to replace it. And they does catch yuh every time with a new model every year.

VB

They have been selling the unlocked phones for a while now but it is not the $199 price. The $199 price is only if you buy a contract. Currently the 3gs is 600 without a contract and 199 with so yuh coul dimane that the G4 will not be much different. Although people migh twant to wait because the Apple -AT&T relationship is strained now that AT&T will be removing their unimited data packages. I don't know when the contract ends but Apple might oipen up to Verizon and/or Sprint in the future.

My current phone is only one year old and I hate buying the Apple products hot of the press but I might have to get this one. My phone fall in a bowl of soup several months ago and everything working except the camera. A 5MP camera always at the ready is real useful for keeping up with the kids.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 02:47:06 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 10:19:24 AM »
It still has no removable battery or memory, no flash etc.

now that u mention it, ill pass on this 4G crap. i rather buy and Android phone. Nothing in that phone screams out new or innovative to me. i will continue to call it a gimmick , it was cool a few years ago, but Tech has caught up and past it. The phone don't even support flash  :o.

This reminds me of a MAC is better than Windows PC debate lol.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:34:35 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »

now that u mention it, ill pass on this 4G crap. i rather buy and Android phone.

yuh come back to yuh senses den, people does talk about MS but I find Apple products have d most diabolical tie-in schemes ever................. you are virtually handcuffed to them for every thing u need software wise and then they callously stop supporting u there,when DEM feel u ready for ah hardware upgrade, watch what going an happen in the app store jus now.................
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:41:43 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 10:36:42 AM »

now that u mention it, ill pass on this 4G crap. i rather buy and Android phone.

yuh come back to yuh senses den, people does talk about MS but I find Apple products have d most diabolically tie-in schemes ever................. you are virtually handcuffed to them for every thing u need software wise and then they callously stop supporting u there,when DEM feel u ready for ah hardware upgrade, watch what going an happen in the app store jus now.................

BOY , i coulda swear it had them features , is only when JDB point it out , i like WTF. Yeh apple to damn restrictive with they shit.
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2010, 10:48:29 AM »
I am a blackberry user and I have to admit that nothing out there could compete with the iphone interface and speed. And iphone have the world of apps. But I real like blackberry messager .I live in Trinidad and most of my friends have blackberries too.  It is the only reason why I took a data package at all. BBM is possibly the greatest mobile app on the planet. I still find the iphone sexy. I waiting for some geek to hack it to run bbm natively.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 11:09:06 AM »

If you connect your phone to any Windows PC it gets recognized as a media device. This will start Microsoft Camera and Scanner Wizard that allows you to download all pics and movies without problems. Also you can just email or MMS the video over wi-fi (or AT&T if the file is small enough). Yuh making the thing harder than it has to be.

Nope. Dat didnt work. We tried all how. Is only from searching on google we came across the program.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 01:14:37 PM »
*steups*

doh let jobs and dem market with trickery

dais all allyuh need
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2010, 02:05:58 PM »

VB

iOS4 right now can be jail broken, but not
unlocked.
Keep your fingers crossed for an unlock
process to come along.

BTW, the iPhone 4 has nothing to do with
4G. ATT and their sorry backbone can barely
keep 3G stable, forget talking about 4G.

The only networkS which will run 4G in the
US is going to be Sprint and T-Mo (with
HSPA).
Forget about ATT and Vzn and 4G.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 03:14:55 PM »
iPhone 4 Hands On & Demo

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Aw87euJLVWA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Aw87euJLVWA</a>
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:18:05 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2010, 08:51:04 AM »
You are holding your iPhone 4 the wrong way, you know!

Yesterday's iPhone 4 launch was full of surprises - dead on arrival, yellow spots or white dots on the screen, lost reception signal and a bunch of happy users. It seems the yellow spots will disappear in a few days, what about the spotty reception?

There are numerous iPhone 4 users reports of the phone losing signal when you hold it covering the bottom left corner where the GSM and Wi-Fi antennas meet.

Apple states they know of the issue and their official statement is amazingly instructional:

"Gripping any mobile phone will result in some attenuation of its antenna performance, with certain places being worse than others depending on the placement of the antennas. This is a fact of life for every wireless phone. If you ever experience this on your iPhone 4, avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases."

Reportedly, Steve Jobs was even kind enough to reply to some user emails - briefly, but straight to the point:

"Just avoid holding it that way."

Ok, we understand how clever it was of Apple to design the iPhone antennas in that way and we can accept new technology comes with its own quirks. But stating a right and wrong way of holding your phone with the latter able to leave you totally signal-less - well that's plain wrong. Not to mention even THEY hold it the wrong way on their ads.

In this particular case what we don't like is Apple's attitude. Pretending such thing is not a big issue, saying it's a normal thing for a cellphone to lose signal, and not admitting a design flaw - that's arrogant. Fans will probably be willing to avoid holding the iPhone 4 that way. Being polite and confessing a wrong goes a long way. So does giving a bonus Bumper case to all affected. Just sayin'.

http://www.gsmarena.com/you_are_holding_your_iphone_4_the_wrong_way_you_know-news-1763.php
Youtube Channel

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 10:55:14 AM »
It reach Toronto yet?
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 02:04:12 PM »
The iPhone 4's biggest problem is not its antenna

If Apple (AAPL)  continues to sidestep the growing iPhone 4 antenna furor, it risks losing its grip as America's premiere tech company. Also in today's App Industry Roundup, experts are starting to talk about an iPhone 4 recall.

Get a grip, Apple

The biggest problem with the iPhone 4's antenna isn't whether it's faulty or fine, it's Apple.

Apple has so far avoided the serious issue of whether the iPhone 4 has a legitimate hardware problem and instead obfuscated the issue by first telling users how to hold the new iPhone and then blaming a software glitch. As a result, Apple now has a big PR headache on top of an obvious hardware flaw.

If Apple admitted the hardware flaw, its PR problem would start to go away. But it hasn't, and news organizations including Consumer Reports and Engadget continue to prove the antenna is faulty. Worse, countless consumers have weighed in on the matter ... and that's Apple's biggest problem.

The iconic computer maker is in danger of losing its grip on the public psyche, an incredible asset it has milked for the last decade to become one of America's most admired companies. Apple's CEO, Steve Jobs, is beloved because of his singular vision and insistence that good design and computing hardware go hand in hand. Jobs utters, we listen. It is a unique power Bill Gates could never muster.

Now Apple is on the cusp of throwing it away, much like it is apparently deleting discussion threads from its message boards about the Consumer Reports story. Apple's products have reached beyond the fanboys who tolerate the company's flaws and into the mainstream, where grandparents and in-laws are mad because when they finally buy a smartphone, they expect the phone portion to work properly.

Apple needs to address this problem head on, not blame software oddities. And the sooner it does so, the sooner it can move away from what has become a legitimate crisis for the company.

Is an iPhone 4 recall next?

Yes, the iPhone 4's antenna problem is fixable -- tape! -- but is that enough? Many people will use a case anyway to protect their iPhone and not care about the antenna issue, but there's a growing belief that Apple may need to consider a recall to fix the iPhone 4's antenna woes.

Interviews with several PR experts on the Cult of Mac website conclude that "the iPhone 4 reception issue presents a Toyota-style PR crisis for Apple, and the company must respond with a more meaningful fix than a software patch."

“Apple needs to put this fire out now,” Larry Barton, a crisis management expert, told the website. “There has to be a military-like response to this issue. And we have not seen this kind of urgency.”

Later it the same story, Chris Lehane, a crisis expert who earned his stripes managing public relations for President Bill Clinton, said Apple needs to acknowledge and address the problem. "You deal with it,” he said. “Apple must protect its brand image, its crown jewels, at all cost. Apple has enormous consumer loyalty but it depends on whether people believe it’s credible.”

AT&T not to blame, finally

If there's a "winner" in this antenna fiasco, it appears to be AT&T (T). Finally, there's a reception problem it can't be blamed for.

Nonetheless, the wireless carrier is still very much involved with fixing the dead spots and slow zones that impact many iPhone owners. At a VentureBeat conference Monday, AT&T Chief Technology Officer John Donovan said the company “will move heaven and Earth” to meet its customers’ growing data needs. Donovan noted that the wireless industry is in "phase 1" of data management and much work is still being done. Phase 3 will arrive in 2014, he noted, and that's where video will flow freely and without trouble over wireless networks.

But you can be sure that the complaints will return will before that.

http://www.appolicious.com/finance/articles/2324-the-iphone-4-s-biggest-problem-is-not-its-antenna
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>