April 29, 2024, 08:19:03 AM

Author Topic: Daughter of Sikhs on track to be governor  (Read 14627 times)

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
Re: Daughter of Sikhs on track to be governor
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2011, 08:11:46 AM »
If it ain't white, it ain't right   :devil:
If yuh black, get back :devil:
Two islands are better than one.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2011, 08:13:11 AM »
If black women don't wear weaves, extensions and use relaxers for that reason, then why?  No disrespect but kindly give the reason...I have no problem being wrong but give your opinion

Yuh know any black women?  Why yuh don't ask them why they does straighten they hair instead ah coming online and talking shit about them wanting to "look like they have straight hair"?  Didn't it occur to you that for some it makes their hair more manageable?  Same reason why they wear braided extensions?

I guess Barack, Halle and Beyonce not desirable?  steups, they all light skin and are viewed more desirable.
it's a discussion forum..so discuss nuh

"viewed more desirable" by who, the likes of you?  Which poll yuh conduct to arrive at that conclusion?

when you talking about mashing people corn, you should know the people you talking about.
otherwise, empty vessels just making the most noise

You must be talking about yuhself with that empty vessel talk, because ever since yuh first post in here is only empty noise yuh making.  I "know" people by the shit they post online, and your post was defensive, like somebody mash yuh corn so doh get mad because I stating de obvious.

and finally, yuh spend yuh whole weekend online every 2 mins it seems.  get out and do something and take it easy!

Doh worry yuhself with my life fella... my life couldn't be better, worry about your own and how yuh could avoid making dotish presumptuous statements online.

Firstly, Cool yuhself...not trying to argue here.

I know exactly why some black women have weaves, and use certain hair products. thanks for clarifying your opinion though.  I have seen many sides, not just one, black, indian, name it.  My family comes from various backgrounds.  I will defend them all cuz they all family to me.  A mindset that unfortunately, MANY WILL NEVER HAVE OR UNDERSTAND.  I knew you would assume I don't know black women, etc.  You are the presumptuous one, not me, pointing fingers when you know absolutely nothing what you are talking about.

Barack, Halle and Beyonce are desirable by many.  I judge people by what they are worth, not their looks.  Again, why are you being so presumptuous?  I am simply stating that there is a majority out there that finds light skinned people desirable irrespective of their race.  This happens in all races, not just Indian.  This was my initial point.

You know people by what they talk online?  Right....that doesn't even warrant a response.  you psychic now?  You do palm reading too?

A great number of people made statements about Indian people.  Everyone jumped in, had their jokes and laughs.  And what I found out was that, once someone made a statement about blacks, offensive or not, it was war.

I was being defensive.  Nothing wrong with that.  And not because of any corn being mashed up, rather because there were offensive posts.
whey boy!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2011, 08:17:10 AM »
If you're directing this comment at me I think you're mistaken.  I was articulating my observation. I notice you didn't invalidate my point either.

i didn't invalidate your point, and you didn't invalidate mine either.  If you took offense, nm it.  If I was mistaken, i was mistaken..that would be the best case scenario, however can't say the same for a lot of the others

Do black women wear weaves "to look like they have straight hair"?  Look I never know dat was de reason.  Ah di'n even get that from Chris Rock documentary.  You watch de Canadian "asylum seekers" version or what?

Second... what does Barack, Halle and Beyonce being light skin have to do with anything?  How that mean light skin is "desirable"?

Like when people mash allyuh corn allyuh brain does shut dong.

If black women don't wear weaves, extensions and use relaxers for that reason, then why?  No disrespect but kindly give the reason...I have no problem being wrong but give your opinion

I guess Barack, Halle and Beyonce not desirable?  steups, they all light skin and are viewed more desirable.

when you talking about mashing people corn, you should know the people you talking about.

and finally, yuh spend yuh whole weekend online every 2 mins it seems.  get out and do something and take it easy!

You don't know much about women do you, or you setting bait?

Apparently both???  :D

Truth was I just wanted an answer from Bakes....not another question.
whey boy!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2011, 08:24:11 AM »
If you're directing this comment at me I think you're mistaken.  I was articulating my observation. I notice you didn't invalidate my point either.

i didn't invalidate your point, and you didn't invalidate mine either.  If you took offense, nm it.  If I was mistaken, i was mistaken..that would be the best case scenario, however can't say the same for a lot of the others

I don't get what you're saying here exactly.

I noticed you referred to 'desirability' in your post that began with  condemning racists and hypocrites. I just wanted to let you know I didn't have any malicious or mischievous intent but I was pointing to multiple cases in my experience that led me to conclude that Indian culture generally glorifies lighter skin.

It came as a bit of a shock to me when I first experienced it when I was doing my first degree and most of my classmates were of east indian descent. Maybe I was too naive at the time but I remember this fella ,he used to try to fit in and be friendly with everybody ,he was  as cool as you could be when you socially awkward. One day one of he partners telling him tongue in cheek that he is a girlsman he responded by saying he could never be a girlsman because he too black. They laughed , I didn't. I wasn't offended or anything seeing that I was the only black person around. I had never heard a black person decry their own skin colour no matter how dark they were. It was an insight into the culture that was as good as reading from a text . Numerous other conversations and observations confirmed this to me.

There is a fixation on colour that while not entirely unique is definitely pervasive in Indian culture.

What I meant was I was mistaken, you did not have any malicious intent...you clarified that further.

Fixation on colour is in all races, unfortunately.
Products such as fair and lovely sell very well across Asia, Africa and of course with the respective diaspora in N America
whey boy!

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2011, 08:27:22 AM »

Yuh know any black women?  Why yuh don't ask them why they does straighten they hair instead ah coming online and talking shit about them wanting to "look like they have straight hair"?  Didn't it occur to you that for some it makes their hair more manageable?  Same reason why they wear braided extensions?

"viewed more desirable" by who, the likes of you?  Which poll yuh conduct to arrive at that conclusion?

You must be talking about yuhself with that empty vessel talk, because ever since yuh first post in here is only empty noise yuh making.  I "know" people by the shit they post online, and your post was defensive, like somebody mash yuh corn so doh get mad because I stating de obvious.

Doh worry yuhself with my life fella... my life couldn't be better, worry about your own and how yuh could avoid making dotish presumptuous statements online.

Firstly, Cool yuhself...not trying to argue here.

I know exactly why some black women have weaves, and use certain hair products. thanks for clarifying your opinion though.  I have seen many sides, not just one, black, indian, name it.  My family comes from various backgrounds.  I will defend them all cuz they all family to me.  A mindset that unfortunately, MANY WILL NEVER HAVE OR UNDERSTAND.  I knew you would assume I don't know black women, etc.  You are the presumptuous one, not me, pointing fingers when you know absolutely nothing what you are talking about.

Barack, Halle and Beyonce are desirable by many.  I judge people by what they are worth, not their looks.  Again, why are you being so presumptuous?  I am simply stating that there is a majority out there that finds light skinned people desirable irrespective of their race.  This happens in all races, not just Indian.  This was my initial point.

You know people by what they talk online?  Right....that doesn't even warrant a response.  you psychic now?  You do palm reading too?

A great number of people made statements about Indian people.  Everyone jumped in, had their jokes and laughs.  And what I found out was that, once someone made a statement about blacks, offensive or not, it was war.

I was being defensive.  Nothing wrong with that.  And not because of any corn being mashed up, rather because there were offensive posts.

Not true; and especially among Black people in the US, having lighter skin definitelydoes not automatically make you more desirable. There are similar attitudes, maybe even worse, in South Africa.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2011, 09:31:19 AM »
Barack, Halle and Beyonce are desirable by many.  I judge people by what they are worth, not their looks. Again, why are you being so presumptuous?  I am simply stating that there is a majority out there that finds light skinned people desirable irrespective of their race.  This happens in all races, not just Indian.  This was my initial point.

And you were asked for the relevance of that statement. Unless you are making the point that Barack and Halle have played on their “desirable lightness” or actually tried to lighten their skin, that statement has no bearing on what is being discussed.

Just to remind you th etalk was about the Governor conveniently ignoring her heritage “trying to pass” as we used to say and then people sharing observations about the value of light skin in the indian diaspora.

You put Barack Obama and Halle Berry forward as somehow equivalent to these things.

All part of a failed attempt to tar all races with the brush of desiring lighter skin when that is just not correct. In fact saying that all races desire light skin is very ignorant.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2011, 10:50:24 AM »

Firstly, Cool yuhself...not trying to argue here. 1

I know exactly why some black women have weaves, and use certain hair products. thanks for clarifying your opinion though.2  

I have seen many sides, not just one, black, indian, name it.  My family comes from various backgrounds.  I will defend them all cuz they all family to me.  A mindset that unfortunately, MANY WILL NEVER HAVE OR UNDERSTAND.3  

I knew you would assume I don't know black women, etc.  You are the presumptuous one, not me, pointing fingers when you know absolutely nothing what you are talking about.4

Barack, Halle and Beyonce are desirable by many.5  

I judge people by what they are worth, not their looks.  Again, why are you being so presumptuous?  I am simply stating that there is a majority out there that finds light skinned people desirable irrespective of their race.  This happens in all races, not just Indian.  This was my initial point. 6

You know people by what they talk online?  Right....that doesn't even warrant a response.  you psychic now?  You do palm reading too?7

A great number of people made statements about Indian people.  Everyone jumped in, had their jokes and laughs.  And what I found out was that, once someone made a statement about blacks, offensive or not, it was war. 8

I was being defensive.  Nothing wrong with that.  And not because of any corn being mashed up, rather because there were offensive posts.9

1 Right, yuh not trying to argue, yuh trying and succeeding in talking shit.  I suppose your comment about me being "online every two minutes was part of the thread discussion, right?

2 You "know exactly why some black women have weaves"?  And they tell yuh they did it because they want to "look like they have straight hair"?  Of course yuh didn't say nutten about "some" in yuh initial post, yuh spoke conclusively as though this is why all, most or a majority do it... now yuh backtracking.

3 Wait... lol, so you think yuh special or something that you have a diverse ethnic heritage?  You feel you's de only one here who will "HAVE OR UNDERSTAND" having diversity in they family?  Not everybody will feel it necessary like you to come and fly flag about having "various backgrounds" in dey family... that is half of Trinidad right there, so ease up on de chest beating before yuh hurt yuhself.

4 Where did I assume you didn't know black women?  Yuh's ah kinda dunce or what? (that was rhetorical, no need to answer).  I asked you if you knew any black women, and suggested that you go ask them before making asshole statements about why they do what they do.  How is that an assumption?

5 As desirable as they might be that have nutten to do with the discussion, there are many who similarly don't find them desirable.  Speaking for myself, neither Halle Berry nor Beyonce appeal to me and from my conversations on both of them over the years I know I'm not the only black man who feels that way.  Besides, their desirability is not the issue, the issue is that YOU trying to make it seem that they are ONLY desirable because they are light skinned, which is foolish.  More on that in a second.

6 Again, how am I being presumptuous... I asked a question... which poll did you conduct to arrive at your conclusion that "a majority" who find light-skinned people attractive... and doh shift focus by bawling "irrespective of race" we are talking specifically here about your sweeping generalizations about black people supposedly favoring Halle et al because they are light-skinned.

7 First off you should note that I used "know" in quotes... one cannot absolutely know everything about a person by interacting with them online, but you absolutely can get enough of an insight about a person by what they say and how they say it.  You attempts to mischaracterize my statements fall as flat as the rest of the off-base shit yuh posting in this thread.

8 Who had "laughs"?  I actually went back and checked every post in this thread, and there are two where people were laughing, one was reggae-fan (which speaks for itself) and the other was by lefty, laughing at my "mash corn" comment.  Who was laughing at the expense of Indians?  You either being facetious or a damn ass to try and portray the situation as though ignorant comments about Indians were a) flying left and right; and b) being given a pass without scrutiny.  Back on the first page of this thread I for one responded in opposition to a comment about them being "house n*ggers"... and I wasn't the only one defending the choice of some Indians to adopt anglo names. 

9 Where are all these "offensive" comments you bitching about?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2011, 10:56:41 AM »
What I meant was I was mistaken, you did not have any malicious intent...you clarified that further.

Fixation on colour is in all races, unfortunately.
Products such as fair and lovely sell very well across Asia, Africa and of course with the respective diaspora in N America

That right there is your problem... you rush een posting with yuh blood hot assuming people have malicious intent behind their comments accusing "allyuh" of being racist, when man was just sharing their personal observations.  How yuh going to fight down a man on what he observe and experience?  And then making ignorant comments and unnecessarily defensive comments on top of that.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2011, 02:55:10 PM »
These threads real entertaining boy, I must say.

From my experience I'd say that black women use chemicals to straighten their hair and weaves to make their hair appear longer/straighter because of a long long long history of being made to feel that short tightly curled/african hair is unattractive on a woman.  I doubt that it makes their hair any more manageable because from what I understand, weaves and chemically altered hair require alot of maintenance, and in many cases is also painful to achieve...the chemicals are also really bad for hair.  My wife is white and has very curly hair (for a white person), and even she relaxes her hair from time to time...so the mainstream preference affects not only black women....You'd be surprised to know how many white women have "blow outs" and even chemically straightened hair -something I was oblivious to for a long time.

As far as skin color preferences among indians go, how much of a relationship is there between the preference for light skin, and the old caste system which I understand played (plays) a huge part in the socio-economic dynamic on the Indian sub-continent?  open-ended question. 

Regarding the name change for Nikki - that's a normal scene in many many non english speaking cultures - Look up what Martin Sheen's or Jennifer Anniston's original family names were...

Of the black cultures I am familiar with, American blacks appear to have made the most progress as far as the whole idea of light-skinned being perceived as superior to dark.  I believe that black americans struggled with this for a while, but dark skinned blacks in America seem to have overcome this more so than dark skinned blacks in other cultures. (a common joke among light skinned blacks in the U.S. is that some day they will "come back in style some day") .... I say this based on very casual observation....and I think this observation probably holds for men more so than it holds for women.

Most of the Sikhs I have met are very light skinned and have near caucasian features - I could see them crossing over easier into the American mainstream than other ethnic groups from India...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:00:26 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2011, 04:08:04 PM »
Kicker them Sikhs yuh meet is fellas?  Because all the fellas I know does wear full beards and turbans and none ah dem could pass  for white.

As for the hair thing, ask yuh wife (if you don't already know) whether the perm she puts in her hair makes it more manageable, in terms of being easier to style and comb and having being less prone to 'frizz' from humidity.  I grow up in a house with three "dougla" woman and have dated almost exclusively black women and have an extensive group of black female friends... I'm not stating what I feel, but what they have told me.  Also, if you have any female friends who are athletes you can ask them as well, there's a reason why most black female athletes you see will be wearing braids (mainly extensions)... and I'm not talking about the pros who can afford to have their hair regularly styled, I'm talking about college females here... the demographic I'm most familiar with.  I'm not denying that some process their hair and wear extensions for the 'straight hair' look... particularly true of the perms and relaxers, but as far as extensions and weaves many do so for practical reasons.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2011, 06:26:28 PM »
Kicker them Sikhs yuh meet is fellas?  Because all the fellas I know does wear full beards and turbans and none ah dem could pass  for white.

As for the hair thing, ask yuh wife (if you don't already know) whether the perm she puts in her hair makes it more manageable, in terms of being easier to style and comb and having being less prone to 'frizz' from humidity.  I grow up in a house with three "dougla" woman and have dated almost exclusively black women and have an extensive group of black female friends... I'm not stating what I feel, but what they have told me.  Also, if you have any female friends who are athletes you can ask them as well, there's a reason why most black female athletes you see will be wearing braids (mainly extensions)... and I'm not talking about the pros who can afford to have their hair regularly styled, I'm talking about college females here... the demographic I'm most familiar with.  I'm not denying that some process their hair and wear extensions for the 'straight hair' look... particularly true of the perms and relaxers, but as far as extensions and weaves many do so for practical reasons.

On the hair part, I hear you - makes sense...especially with the whities and the frizz factor lol...

Sikhs - both men & women - not saying they would pass for white, but of the of the indian ethnic groups, I think their features have the most "cross-over appeal" in mainstream America...but I only making that point on the basis of a very small sample..
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2011, 06:35:14 PM »
I hear you.  Most of Sikhs I know are brown skinned, rather than light or dark, and I dunno, them nose kinda fat to me, lol.  But the one or two females I know (I can't tell a Sikh woman from a Hindu otherwise) are because they marri'd to pardnas... and yeah, they are very fair skinned.

Another reason why some women wear extensions, believe it or not, is to give their hair a break from the chemicals, or to allow it to grow out.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2011, 06:48:35 PM »
I hear you.  Most of Sikhs I know are brown skinned, rather than light or dark, and I dunno, them nose kinda fat to me, lol.  But the one or two females I know (I can't tell a Sikh woman from a Hindu otherwise) are because they marri'd to pardnas... and yeah, they are very fair skinned.

Another reason why some women wear extensions, believe it or not, is to give their hair a break from the chemicals, or to allow it to grow out.
Like you do real field research.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2011, 07:39:05 PM »
Not all Sikhs wear turbans, the stricter ones do.  The 2nd generation sikhs don't wear the turbans as much as the the ones directly from India.  The reason they are light skinned and have more anglo features is because the religion stems from Punjab, north India where it can get as cold as 0-5 degrees in the winter, unlike the South Indians where it's hot temperatures all year round.

They have assimilated faster because they were the first group of Indians to emigrate to N America and Europe.  I know multiple Sikhs and Punjabis and they make astute businessmen/leaders....I could see why they will be the first group from India (possibly the Gujuratis) to really make a mark on N American politics.
whey boy!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2011, 08:35:29 PM »

Bakes spot on. Yuh does pay attention meh boy. The main reason as you stated are manageability, and styling. The weave and braids is just as you said to give their hair a break from the chemical.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2011, 08:51:09 PM »
So she explain why she want to be white yet?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2011, 08:55:44 PM »

Bakes spot on. Yuh does pay attention meh boy. The main reason as you stated are manageability, and styling. The weave and braids is just as you said to give their hair a break from the chemical.

Lol... like ah say, ah grow up in ah house with two older sisters.  That and the fact that I was cool with half the women's basketball team when I was in college... and yeah, paying attention too  :D

ProudTrinbagonian yuh probably right, ah sure mostly the immigrant Sikhs would wear the turban... the fellas I know all born here though, not sure how orthodox they are about the religion itself.  I meet them running ball during undergrad and even then they head was always wrap up.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2011, 09:49:26 PM »
Great thread fellas.  Good to see ethnicity in the mix. I would like to see more Native Americans in the thing.  Just as a passing note, saw a very funny T-shirt.   It had four Native Americans on it and one of them was the famous Geronimo.   They were all holding rifles and posing.  The shirt read "Homeland Security.....Fighting Terrorism since 1842"     ;D    Not sure if you know but when the whites came there were over 500 nations across America...500!.  Systematic annihilation of a people....It's very important who you put in government. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2011, 11:51:21 PM »

Most of the Sikhs I have met are very light skinned and have near caucasian features - I could see them crossing over easier into the American mainstream than other ethnic groups from India...
nah man,the sikhs i meet eh no different to the average indian back home,what i could tell yuh,they dutty no ass,stinkest set ah people ah ever meet.

What can I tell you... I could only speak about my experience.  This is mih pardna from undergrad and basketball, Gurbir

Scroll down past the story about Bobby Jindal

http://abcdlady.com/2009-01/art2.php
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 11:52:59 PM by Bakes »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2011, 08:28:16 AM »
allyuh fellahs on de weekend shift does be real antsy oui
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2011, 11:10:46 AM »

nah man,the sikhs i meet eh no different to the average indian back home,what i could tell yuh,they dutty no ass,stinkest set ah people ah ever meet.

allyuh entertaining this kinda talk on here?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »

allyuh entertaining this kinda talk on here?

I am the only ignorant one seeing offensive comments to bitch about.  Also there is no racism here....I was mistaken remember?
 ::)

whey boy!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2011, 11:56:52 AM »

What can I tell you... I could only speak about my experience.  This is mih pardna from undergrad and basketball, Gurbir

shave that fuzz and get rid ah the towel,he could b from caroni
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2011, 12:03:33 PM »
Mi eh know wey this topic going eh.. bout sikhs light skin ? .. dem fukas black jes like madrass indians.. anyway all I know is dem indian from India dont like this indian  because I better looking than dem .. N I dont f**king like dem cause dey ugly... dais war two cents on this subject..   allyuh ley we all find sumthing else to argure bout nuh..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2011, 12:05:53 PM »

shave that fuzz and get rid ah the towel,he could b from caroni

have sum respect for the man religion dats not a facking towel . PPL religion is not sumthing to mess wid.. Ok..

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2011, 12:13:32 PM »
I am the only ignorant one seeing offensive comments to bitch about.  Also there is no racism here....I was mistaken remember?

Yes you are.  The man clearly talking about the Sikhs HE meet, saying they are the stinkest... what racist about that?  Call it "ignorant" if yuh want but if that is his experience then that is his experience... yuh want to argue with him that another setta people he meet stinker?  Aside from that yuh clearly doh know anything about Capo.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2011, 12:28:43 PM »

Yes you are.  The man clearly talking about the Sikhs HE meet, saying they are the stinkest... what racist about that?  Call it "ignorant" if yuh want but if that is his experience then that is his experience... yuh want to argue with him that another setta people he meet stinker?  Aside from that yuh clearly doh know anything about Capo.

Thank you Judge Judy

Like you is capo jockstrap or he right balls?  How you taking medicine fuh he cough so?

the man say "the sikhs i meet eh no different to the average indian back home"
then gone on to say they dutty, no ass and stinky?  yuh right! that not racist or offensive! that's his observation!

I don't want or need to know anything about people with those kinda comments, jokingly or not.  see what happen if ppl say those kinda comments around the wrong people.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:32:33 PM by ProudTrinbagonian »
whey boy!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2011, 12:35:03 PM »
Mi eh know wey this topic going eh.. bout sikhs light skin ? .. dem f**kas black jes like madrass indians.. anyway all I know is dem indian from India dont like this indian  because I better looking than dem .. N I dont f**king like dem cause dey ugly... dais war two cents on this subject..   allyuh ley we all find sumthing else to argure bout nuh..
war

I find Male Indians from India doh like the W. Indian Indians period.  The women love them though.
whey boy!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2011, 12:37:16 PM »
According to Capo, the average Indian back home is dutty, no ass and stinky.

Hmmm, in addition to ignorant, that statement seems to characterize an entire race of people in a derogatory manner based on generalizations and stereotypes.  Is that not racist?

On the other hand, Capo is known for his BS talk, so it has to be taken in that context.  Which is why I did not take it on.

I wonder if Capo did get bull by a homosexual Indian - that might explain his outlook.  :thinking:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2011, 12:43:15 PM »
Thank you Judge Judy

Like you is capo jockstrap or he right balls?  How you taking medicine fuh he cough so?

the man say "the sikhs i meet eh no different to the average indian back home"
then gone on to say they dutty, no ass and stinky?  yuh right! that not racist or offensive! that's his observation!

I don't want or need to know anything about people with those kinda comments, jokingly or not.  see what happen if ppl say those kinda comments around sikhs.

Jackass... "the sikhs i meet eh no different to the average indian back home" was said in reference to the conversation between Kicker and I about how they look, whether Sikhs are light enough to assimilate.  The part about them being "dutty" and "stinkest setta people" was in reference to Sikhs he meet, yuh sensitive cyathole.  You clearly parsing thru the thread cherry picking thing to bitch and moan about.

You implying that man singling you out fuh criticism and giving Capo ah pass...  no yuh dunce... we pointing out to you that yuh carrying on like ah tun tun.  Nobody eh drinking medicine fuh nobody, man juss pointing out yuh cognitive shortcomings... doh vex when is you self putting dem on full display in de forum.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:47:13 PM by Bakes »

1]; } ?>