March 28, 2024, 08:27:15 AM

Author Topic: Glen rescues National Team against Pro League XI.  (Read 5734 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Glen rescues National Team against Pro League XI.
« on: June 09, 2010, 04:32:01 PM »
Glen rescues National Team against Pro League XI.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

San Jose Earthquakes forward Cornell Glen jumped in the second period of Tuesday’s practice match between the Trinidad and Tobago National Team and a TT Pro League select XI to score the winner for the Warriors in a 2-1 result.

The practice match set up by the Warriors head coach Russell Latapy to continue evaluating his players attracted a small crowd at the Hasely Crawford Stadium that witnessed an even contest between the National Team and the Pro League select XI.

Ipswich Town player Carlos Edwards and Turkish club Denizlispor forward Darryl Roberts were the only foreign based starters for Latapy side which started with mostly locally based players.

Latapy’s charges went ahead in the 15th minute through a penalty converted by Defence Force forward Devorn Jorsling beating his club teammate Kevin Graham on the right with a low shot for a 1-0 lead after defender Rawle Fletcher bundled Kevon Carter inside the area three minutes earlier.

Carter was subsequently replaced by Hayden Tinto following the foul and watched the rest of the practice match from the sidelines.

But the Pro League select surely made some impressions on the match and on the eyes of Latapy.

Defence Force defender Corey Rivers, Jabloteh goalie Cleon John and Ma Pau attacker Lester Peltier are a few of the players that surely left thought in Latapy’s mind throughout their time on the pitch for the Ross Russell selected side.

Peltier opened up a decent opportunity in the 7th minute when he raced down the right flank to play a short cross to St. Ann’s Rangers forward Odelle Armstrong who had a crack just wide for the Pro League XI.

But it was only until early in the second period the Pro League select leveled the scores 1-1 when Jerwyn Balthazar slotted a low shot past Marvin Phillip after receiving a pass from Javon Wilson which began from a neat string of passes in midfield.

The National side regained its advantage with a 2-1 score when midway through the second period Glen chested Hughton Hector's cross and volleyed past a hapless Cleon John.

The Pro League select goalie then made two brilliant saves denying Glen and the follow-up by Jason Marcano from point blank range.

The Pro League select XI was denied twice by the posts, with both efforts coming from Wigan Athletic forward Jason Scotland—the only foreign based player in Ross Russell’s select—in the first and second periods.

Teams

T&T—Jan Michael Williams (Marvin Phillip), Aklie Edwards, Makan Hislop, Kern Cupid, Carlos Edwards, Keon Daniel (Hughton Hector), Clyde Leon (Khaleem Hyland), Kevon Carter (Hayden Tinto), Devon Jorsling (Cornel Glen), Daryll Roberts (Jason Marcano), Densill Theobald (Devon Jamerson).

Coach—Russell Latapy.

Pro League XI—Kevin Graham (Cleon John), Corey Rivers (Dexter Thornhill), Joel Russell (Aaron Stewart), Noel Williams (Corey Rivers), Rawle Fletcher, Lester Peltier (Jerwyn Balthazar), Odelle Armstrong, Sean Narcis (Kevin Molino), Corneal Thomas (Ross Russell Jr.), Jason Scotland, Kwame Wiltshire (Javon Wilson).

Coach—Ross Russell.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Glen rescues National Team against Pro League XI.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 07:39:20 PM »
Ross Russell Jr played   ::)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 07:52:36 PM »
Don't know what to make of this result. Maybe we should take on Barbados :D

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 03:32:29 AM »
What is Cornell doing here? MLS season is still on.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 04:14:04 AM »
Good tuh see darryl get ah lil consideration compared to last campaign.  thank you latapy for being ah bigger man.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 06:06:39 AM »
Good tuh see darryl get ah lil consideration compared to last campaign.  thank you latapy for being ah bigger man.

a lil is good enough??
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 06:41:57 AM »
What is Cornell doing here? MLS season is still on.
2 week world cup break

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 07:01:02 AM »
Now he call up Darryl Roberts?  >:(

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 07:05:09 AM »
Now he call up Darryl Roberts?  >:(

Is not a call up. The man in the country so all foreign based invited to come and sweat at national team training.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 08:13:38 AM »
WTF is Denzil theobald still doing on that team?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 08:29:42 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 08:44:01 AM »
Latas have a crush on him...remember when he organize d move to falkirk 4 him dat he mess up MAN CRUSH i say

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 09:50:18 AM »

Pro League XI—Kevin Graham (Cleon John), Corey Rivers (Dexter Thornhill), Joel Russell (Aaron Stewart), Noel Williams (Corey Rivers), Rawle Fletcher, Lester Peltier (Jerwyn Balthazar), Odelle Armstrong, Sean Narcis (Kevin Molino), Corneal Thomas (Ross Russell Jr.), Jason Scotland, Kwame Wiltshire (Javon Wilson).

Coach—Ross Russell.
???

Nobody noticed that?

I am happy to see Roberts played but unfortunately from the short report it doesn't seem he had a big impact.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 10:01:20 AM »

Coach—Ross Russell.
???

Nobody noticed that?

I am happy to see Roberts played but unfortunately from the short report it doesn't seem he had a big impact.

If you see how thick Scotty was looking

Big Mag,my cousin and I were like who is big man? he have some touches making some runs..who de hell is that?

Scotty looked unrecognizable... like he eat 14 roti's upon arrival.... he sweat 90 minutes...he did well..crashed a header off the bar and got into the game as it progressed....

We real laugh when we realise it was Scotty though... I swear nobody knew it was him

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 10:23:08 AM »
nice to see kwame wiltshire back in the mix..

somebody giwwe a good rundown nuh...

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 12:17:53 PM »
Scotty have the tendency to put on real weight sah and he sooooo slowwwwwwwwwwww touches or not he days playing soccer at a high level is gonna be affected drastically if he don't keep those pounds off !

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 02:09:56 PM »

Coach—Ross Russell.
???

Nobody noticed that?

If you see how thick Scotty was looking

Big Mag,my cousin and I were like who is big man? he have some touches making some runs..who de hell is that?

Scotty looked unrecognizable... like he eat 14 roti's upon arrival.... he sweat 90 minutes...he did well..crashed a header off the bar and got into the game as it progressed....

We real laugh when we realise it was Scotty though... I swear nobody knew it was him
Small mag, please tell us how darryl looked? did he have ah good game, and where did he play, in the midfield or was he up front?      thanx.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 04:43:29 PM »
Just Cool,

Now dat Daryl Roberts geh a chance off season to represent in T&T away from distant Turkey, ah hope yuh cool down on de "Latas hate Daryl" crusade dat yuh was orn in de past. Ent? We all like Roberts. I personally believe he is de future and was out of the recent teams mainly because of non-persecution factors with an uncharacteristic, inconvenient (or convenient depending on how yuh look at it) convergence of several strikers fighting for a few spots: Stern, Jones, Glen, Scotty, Sealy, Baptiste, Jorsling, MacFarlane, Gay  and fuh a while Hector Sam in the past.

I know, I know ... he better den all ah dem. Ok ok ok!!!!!.   >:(  Ah could hear de raging smoke coming out yuh ears. Go easy on dis forumite breddah. No need for war.  ;D  :beermug:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 05:25:22 PM »
TnT jokey! Real JOKEY! Why not play some proper opposition? TnT still spinning top in MUD! Still playing Grenada, Barbados, St. Kitts, and now the PRO XI. What a JOKE???

Why not play some warm games against some of the teams goin to the WC? Gain the experience!

TnT will always be behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 05:44:04 PM »
TnT jokey! Real JOKEY! Why not play some proper opposition? TnT still spinning top in MUD! Still playing Grenada, Barbados, St. Kitts, and now the PRO XI. What a JOKE???

Why not play some warm games against some of the teams goin to the WC? Gain the experience!

TnT will always be behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ah wha make you feel dem wha play against a jokey Team like we ? oh ho, ah forget, just call dem, and dey go send passage for we and put we in hotel, cause they want to play gainst the best, or is it we full ah money to run full way round the world, to play ah practice match, to try out some men and see how they look.....that behind yuh talkin bout is you looking back an ah magician holdin up ah mirror....really

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 07:18:58 PM »
The game was played without officials. I really cant believe that a national team playing a game has to do so without proper officials officiating ! There were two referees on a bench sitting next to the team. They took no part in the proceedings.
A team official from the pro league, I am assuming , carried the whistle first half. The national team goalkeeper of the first half did the second half. The linesmen were players who were off the field. One  of them thought running lines meant standing in one place. He would wave an offside from an acute angle.

I ole yes but i thought we passed that stage of non professionalism.
I spoke with a general council member of the TTFF after the game and he was upset at what transpired at a game the public was invited to see.
I different you see ....I have to get past that before I could talk about the game ...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 07:58:19 PM »
ah think allyuh getting tie up, with what is and what isn't ...if yuh want ppl learn to break outta jail, build walls, even if none was previously necessary...was the exercise geared towards getting a result, getting some measure of cohesion, getting to know each other, an official national team match day friendly, getting certain strategies down, scouting certain players, introducing former, current & future players, ah kick around, ah play at a high level yet avoid injuries, ah 50, 100, 200 $ charged game, ah fete match, ah small lime, all of the above....what was the purpose of this exercise ?   ???National Team ???, with many players who wouldn't be there for the next REAL match, against a Pro 11, not even the best Pro 11...hmmmnnn...we want these fellas running 100 mph with their clubs, 100 mph with the National team games, 100 mph in training, so when the real game come around, all ah dem mash up, and we could cuss Latas when he have to pick somebody else......me thinks ppl just lookin for every excuse to bitch, cause we representatives not as hot as WE would like everybody to see us as....ah doubt Latas leave Falkirk to hut he head and take cuss just to organize high-skilled fete match...but me not deh to see with me own eye, as if meh eye cyah decieve meh too...talk to the coach and see if he can tell somebody his strategy, and then we will use our brain, ears, eyes and gut to determine, if what is being done is as he call it or not. No?
add: forget Tranparency, Latapy should only keep closed practices, Players only..
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 08:07:32 PM by maxg »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 08:11:31 PM »
Fellas...the match was for Latas to look at the in form pro league players and just have his side get used to playing at a faster pace. It was a glorified training session, not a friendly. Stop getting all riled up. We preparing for NOVEMBER.

The foreign based probably come up with the idea to have a big sweat for all we know, cause they get tired just knocking ball around in training.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 04:48:13 AM »
Fellas...the match was for Latas to look at the in form pro league players and just have his side get used to playing at a faster pace. It was a glorified training session, not a friendly. Stop getting all riled up. We preparing for NOVEMBER.

The foreign based probably come up with the idea to have a big sweat for all we know, cause they get tired just knocking ball around in training.
Quick question ..were you there ? did you see the game ? Did latapy tell you what his objectives were for this scrum ? If all your answers are yes .. I following your enlightened  posts from now ..as most of us are in the dark about just what Latapy's aims and objectives are with the national team ....
He has been there as assistant and now coach for years .......

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2010, 06:03:02 AM »
A reporter asked Latas about his choice for the W/C after the game and no mention in the newspaper about =!- The result 2- Players that impress= 3- purpose of the exercise 4- How are the plans for the build up to November. One would have thought that the focus of the questions would be on the game at hand and the W/C in SouthAfrica as a parting Question.I guess when you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 07:01:18 AM »
Quick question ..were you there ? did you see the game ? Did latapy tell you what his objectives were for this scrum ? If all your answers are yes .. I following your enlightened  posts from now ..as most of us are in the dark about just what Latapy's aims and objectives are with the national team ....
Quick question:  u pay to see the game? it had match officials ?  the team wear the official uniforms? what national anthem played? the teams line-up and shake hands? the coach was in a shirt and soft pants?

If the answers to all that is yes, then i will follow your hater posts from now on as u are well aware of what it takes to coach a national team to the world cup in 2014 under the Jack Warner regime.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2010, 07:54:25 AM »
Quick question:  u pay to see the game? it had match officials ?  the team wear the official uniforms? what national anthem played? the teams line-up and shake hands? the coach was in a shirt and soft pants?

If the answers to all that is yes, then i will follow your hater posts from now on as u are well aware of what it takes to coach a national team to the world cup in 2014 under the Jack Warner regime.

Spidey I think yuh being a bit harsh...Jai John just making a point re the level of PROFESSIONALISM (or LACK thereof)..I remember some years ago when Vranes was our National team coach, Arnold dwarika injured hmself playin in just such a "scrimmage" up at UWI, because he reached late, didn't put on shin pads and was tackled hard. Now I was NOT there, but I think regardless of what the INTENTION of the Coach is, ANY game should at least have officials and it's the reponsibility of the COACH to CLEARLY SAY what the purpose of the game is..Latas needs to keep in touch with us about his plans..COMMUNICATION either directly or via the Team Manager (Shaun Fuentes is out of the country) is needed.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2010, 07:57:47 AM »

Spidey I think yuh being a bit harsh...Jai John just making a point re the level of PROFESSIONALISM (or LACK thereof)..I remember some years ago when Vranes was our National team coach, Arnold dwarika injured hmself playin in just such a "scrimmage" up at UWI, because he reached late, didn't put on shin pads and was tackled hard. Now I was NOT there, but I think regardless of what the INTENTION of the Coach is, ANY game should at least have officials and it's the reponsibility of the COACH to CLEARLY SAY what the purpose of the game is..Latas needs to keep in touch with us about his plans..COMMUNICATION either directly or via the Team Manager (Shaun Fuentes is out of the country) is needed.

ASSUMING HE HAVE PLANS IN D 1ST PLACE.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 04:40:59 PM »
Are these players insured? Was medical personnel at the game?  What happens if someone gets injured?  Who pays the medical bills?  Unless it is an official training session or an official friendly, such games should never be allowed by the TTFF.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 05:57:40 PM »
Are these players insured? Was medical personnel at the game?  What happens if someone gets injured?  Who pays the medical bills?  Unless it is an official training session or an official friendly, such games should never be allowed by the TTFF.
even in matches that the TTFF sanctions we players get shafted when they get injured
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>