April 23, 2024, 08:10:47 PM

Author Topic: Government & Opposition Senators Named..  (Read 1728 times)

AirMan

Government & Opposition Senators Named..
« on: June 09, 2010, 04:57:26 PM »
Government

Baptiste-Cornelis, Therese UNC
 Bharath, Vasant UNC
 George, Emmanuel UNC
 Karim, Fazal UNC
 King, Mary COP
 Ramgoolam, Nan UNC
 Ramlogan, Anand UNC
 Ramnarine, Kevin UNC
 Sandy, John UNC

Opposition

Penelope Beckles PNM
Fitzgerald Hinds PNM
Ted Roopnarine PNM
 Shamfa Cudjoe PNM
 Faris Al-Rawi PNM
 Lester Henry. PNM

« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 05:08:40 PM by AirMan »

AirMan

Re: Full List of Government & Opposition Senators
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 04:59:31 PM »

Some Government senators maybe missing..but i will update soon..

Rowley has also annouced Marlene Mcdonald as his Chief Whip...http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161693377&weba=NWSNews
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 05:17:40 PM by AirMan »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Government & Opposition Senators Named..
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
Thanks for posting.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 05:27:03 PM »
Went to primary school with Kevin Ramnarine... he's a smart fella and all of that, nothing against him.  Some of these appointments smack of nepotism though... wow.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 05:45:43 PM »
Only one I disagree with is Marlene Mcdonald as his Chief Whip. I feel shame every time she opens her damn mouth. Gutter politician. Only 2.5 years in it and she has a reputation. Plus Istill have it at the back of my mind where she behave so nasty towards Rowley and his wife and threatening them with slander, tief, cayman bank accounts etc. Bitch, who's arse ya kissing now?

I'm very happy that Penny and Fitzgerald are back in. Manning's kidneys must be hurting like hell.
This Lester Henry person getting real high praises from all walks of life.

Faris Al-Rawi came from a family of politics. His grandfather is the one and only Lionel Seukeran - oldtime DLP and his mum is Diane Seukeran a PNM stalwart.

I ain't know Ted, Shamfa and John.

AirMan

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 07:26:30 PM »
Only one I disagree with is Marlene Mcdonald as his Chief Whip. I feel shame every time she opens her damn mouth. Gutter politician. Only 2.5 years in it and she has a reputation. Plus I still have it at the back of my mind where she behave so nasty towards Rowley and his wife and threatening them with slander, tief, cayman bank accounts etc. Bitch, who's arse ya kissing now?[/size][/b] I'm very happy that Penny and Fitzgerald are back in. Manning's kidneys must be hurting like hell.

Faris Al-Rawi came from a family of politics. His grandfather is the one and only Lionel Seukeran - oldtime DLP and his mum is Diane Seukeran a PNM stalwart.

.. :D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 08:12:40 PM »
Maybe is my acknowledged bias in favor of the American system rearing its head again, but this is all the more reason for Constitutional reform if yuh ask me.  All them Senators are party stalwarts who getting rewarded for their partisan allegiances.  Nothing wrong with that... but they shouldn't be given a legislative position where they have influence and power over legislation, all without the benefit of ever going to the polls. 

Nobody vote for them, they not accountable to anyone but the party hands which feed them.  What is their incentive to vote independent of the party which put them in power?  These should be elected positions... not rewards for being loyal to party or personality.  In the US there are similar rewards handed out every four years... but these are usually ambassadorships... largely ceremonial roles given to rich donors, party loyalists, fundraisers, friends, family etc.  This is precisely what going on with these Senators.

And no, I not only now complaining that UNC in power... I guess this is the first time I ever paid attention to it, and it kinda hits home since is somebody I knew as a child, and scion of a longtime ONR/NAR/UNC family.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 10:18:57 PM »
Went to primary school with Kevin Ramnarine... he's a smart fella and all of that, nothing against him.  Some of these appointments smack of nepotism though... wow.

Bakes,
        If the appointments boil of nepotism, them maybe they should vote for the senators instead of appointing them.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 10:30:56 PM »

Bakes,
        If the appointments boil of nepotism, them maybe they should vote for the senators instead of appointing them.

Deeks... dai'z exactly my position to, but to do so we need to abandon the Westminster system.

Checking out Kevin profile on fb and he's a Petroleum Engineer and will serve in the Ministry of Energy... so I guess the appointment makes sense, although he coulda serve in the Ministry as a Jr. Minister or something without the Senate appointment... not sure if he getting a double salary or just one though.

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 01:59:51 PM »
dem senators doh really do much anyway...steups and yes bakes they are rewared for being party hacks, but is de same in the US really, maybe not in the lower houses, but in plenty high paying positions within administrations.....and we senators are VERY low pay jobs.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 06:20:48 PM »
dem senators doh really do much anyway...steups and yes bakes they are rewared for being party hacks, but is de same in the US really, maybe not in the lower houses, but in plenty high paying positions within administrations.....and we senators are VERY low pay jobs.

I'm not following you.  Besides, it is NOT the same in the US... this is a legislative position, you have non-elected officials making laws.  The Legislature is voted for in the US, and any non-elected official involved in making laws (namely agency officials) does so under the direction of the Executive, who has limited "law-making" (in the form of administrative regulations) powers pursuant to his enforcement powers.

The issue of what they're being paid has nothing to do with the discussion... not sure why you're bringing that up.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 06:54:14 PM »

I swear I know this girl.  I haven't seen a pic of her yet but I swear the name sounds like a girl I used to go Sunday school with.  She was a little younger than me and I was more familiar with her older cousin, but I swear is only one person I ever know with that name.  Ashaki Shamfa and we just used to call her by her second name, Shamfa....if is she I aint seen that girl in years....

Edit:
Now see a pick on fb.....and yeah is she, she looks different all grown up and thing but ah sure is she.....
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07:07:00 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 07:01:26 PM »
Only one I disagree with is Marlene Mcdonald as his Chief Whip. I feel shame every time she opens her damn mouth. Gutter politician. Only 2.5 years in it and she has a reputation. Plus Istill have it at the back of my mind where she behave so nasty towards Rowley and his wife and threatening them with slander, tief, cayman bank accounts etc. Bitch, who's arse ya kissing now?

I'm very happy that Penny and Fitzgerald are back in. Manning's kidneys must be hurting like hell.

This Lester Henry is a friend of mine. Any praise is wellll deserved.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 07:51:26 AM »

I swear I know this girl.  I haven't seen a pic of her yet but I swear the name sounds like a girl I used to go Sunday school with.  She was a little younger than me and I was more familiar with her older cousin, but I swear is only one person I ever know with that name.  Ashaki Shamfa and we just used to call her by her second name, Shamfa....if is she I aint seen that girl in years....

Edit:
Now see a pick on fb.....and yeah is she, she looks different all grown up and thing but ah sure is she.....

Brownie..If the girl you went to sunday school with was from bethel...is she self.
she worked in the bank , scotia i think, for a couple of years after school. she even worked with us in Finance for a couple months before leaving to  persue her studies.

If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

1]; } ?>