March 28, 2024, 01:13:04 PM

Author Topic: Like other wc tournaments 2010 world cup will not end without controversy  (Read 32378 times)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Once again we are all face with referees decisions that will not sit well with fans but favors the opposing team in-addition, to the likes and dislikes of development and advancement for the modern game which is currently on the rise not forgetting changes and experiments during the tournament. Let's all see how successful or unsuccessful things will be in the end.

Just my 2 cents.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 04:19:28 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just like i said that red card on SA goalkeeper is questionable however, more calls like that to come during the wc.

A major one soon to come
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 05:02:08 PM by davyjenny1 »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Just like i said that red card on SA goalkeeper is questionable more to come during the wc.

SA would have lost that game even if a yellow card was given as it was definitely a penalty call!
Red card may have been OTT but a yellow instead would not have changed the result!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Just like i said that red card on SA goalkeeper is questionable however, more calls like that to come during the wc.

A major one soon to come

I believe the letter of the law was applied by the referee.

He blew for a penalty

As the goalie was literally the last man, and the attacker had a "clear path to goal", what else could the ref have done but award a penalty?

Had the ref awarded the penalty and given the goalie a yellow card, it would have people bawlin favouritism because SA is the home team.

Cyah win either way.

I feel once he blew for the penalty, and to me it was a penalty even though the Uruguayan embellish it, de keeper had to go.

Harsh, but I think daz de law.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If it was a penalty, then it would have to be a red by the strictest interpretation of the rule. The keeper prevent a clear goalscoring opportunity with a foul. In the 4 years between cups, refs in the leagues tend to be a lot more lenient with the cards, but a lot more likely to give a foul for the slightest touch and dive.

There is also the factor of refs being from different footballing cultures than the teams and thus there is a clash there while everybody figure out the styles.

I haven't seen any truly egregious calls made thus far.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If it was a penalty, then it would have to be a red by the strictest interpretation of the rule. The keeper prevent a clear goalscoring opportunity with a foul. In the 4 years between cups, refs in the leagues tend to be a lot more lenient with the cards, but a lot more likely to give a foul for the slightest touch and dive.

There is also the factor of refs being from different footballing cultures than the teams and thus there is a clash there while everybody figure out the styles.

tim cahill
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
You want to see a controversial call?

Check out the slight touch at 3:48

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mPiChx0FkkU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mPiChx0FkkU</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
tim cahill

Dem was getting licks already, that eh alter the course of the game  ::)

Yeah, yuh right. That was a crap call

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

It is not the strictest interpretation of the rule, it is the law of the game.  The player was fouled denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, therefore, the ref had no choice.  If he didn't he would be graded down and he might have been done for the tournament as a ref.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ref had no choice...hard luck....real undeserved.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just like i said that red card on SA goalkeeper is questionable more to come during the wc.

SA would have lost that game even if a yellow card was given as it was definitely a penalty call!Red card may have been OTT but a yellow instead would not have changed the result!

I dunno about that "definitely" a penalty talk... there was contact, which the defender sought out, he dragged his trailing leg in a way so as to ensure the contact... then went down twisting like they shot him in the chest.

By the letter of the ruling... perhaps a soft penalty, common sense officiating would played on or given a corner to Uruguay.  Whether SA would have still lost or not is besides the point... they've lost their starting keeper for the third game, and had to play a man down.  Being less than full-strenght made it difficult for them to pull a goal back... goal differential may yet loom large at the end of the group stage.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

In hindsight was it a clear goal scoring opportunity as the ball was moving away from the goal?  Had play been allowed to continue for a couple more secs a defender was close enough to show that there wasn't a clear path but Forlan sold it well and the referee bought it. Tough call to make in a split second.

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
Once again we are all face with referees decisions that will not sit well with fans but favors the opposing team in-addition, to the likes and dislikes of development and advancement for the modern game which is currently on the rise not forgetting changes and experiments during the tournament. Let's all see how successful or unsuccessful things will be in the end.

Just my 2 cents.

SA would have lost that game even if a yellow card was given as it was definitely a penalty call!Red card may have been OTT but a yellow instead would not have changed the result!

I dunno about that "definitely" a penalty talk... there was contact, which the defender sought out, he dragged his trailing leg in a way so as to ensure the contact... then went down twisting like they shot him in the chest.

By the letter of the ruling... perhaps a soft penalty, common sense officiating would played on or given a corner to Uruguay.  Whether SA would have still lost or not is besides the point... they've lost their starting keeper for the third game, and had to play a man down.  Being less than full-strenght made it difficult for them to pull a goal back... goal differential may yet loom large at the end of the group stage.

In hindsight was it a clear goal scoring opportunity as the ball was moving away from the goal?  Had play been allowed to continue for a couple more secs a defender was close enough to show that there wasn't a clear path but Forlan sold it well and the referee bought it. Tough call to make in a split second.

To me the real issue here isn't, The Letter of the Law nor The Spirit of the Law but rather The Grey Area of Refuge wherein referees love to hide bka " The Referee's Discression. " To avoid suspicion of Bias,some referees would rather feign ineptness to avoid being stigmatized with the label of 'Racist'. Case in point; The collision involving the keeper and the attacking forward in the Spain - Switzerland game which caused the goal to score.The keeper clearly and wrecklessly tackled the swiss player causing him to flip three times and roll to a stop before the Cape Verdean #10 poked it in to score.
   Now the referee allowed the advantage rule to develop into a goal and completely ignored giving the keeper a RED card for the vicious foul.We have learned that some refferees refuse to be or cannot be objective in their discressionary duties.Some of them are F**king racists and nothing is being done about them.Sometimes we have to look beyond the Pablum Puking Rules behind which Referees Hide.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i thought casillas had gotten ball in that tackle..i go hadda watch again..was a big collision but as i saw it he tackled the player and ball bounced off the swiss player...
Back in Trini...

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i thought casillas had gotten ball in that tackle..i go hadda watch again..was a big collision but as i saw it he tackled the player and ball bounced off the swiss player...

Ah jess geh ah chance to review the replay & this is what it revealed.

Punted downfield,#19 Eren Derdiyok backheaded the ball to # 16 Gelson Fernandes and joined in the attack who in

turn get the ball back from Fernandes.Derdiyok took the ball into the box and was immediately met by the cat-

spraddled keeper Casillas.Derdiyok quickly pulled the ball to his left which hit #3 Gerard Pique,jumping

simultaneously to avoid the crunch.But to no avail cuz he too was cat-spraddled.The ball deflected off of Pique

then
Derdiyok who bungle the ball deeper into the area where Pique stumbled over the ball & possibly

handling it.In comes Fernandes to toe it in for the goal.This is the best I could do from a different angle slomotion

replay @ ESPN 3.

Now I admit this account could be rong but to the best of my eyesight,Casillas never touched the ball. Pique

might have.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 05:41:51 PM by mwanasoka »

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
hear nah... it have any other peoples does use "catspraddle"?

:rotfl:

i almost get in trouble using that word in NY
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
hear nah... it have any other peoples does use "catspraddle"?

:rotfl:

i almost get in trouble using that word in NY

Ha ! Probably, but they hadda to keep it quiet before de yanks

have ah good laugh.Sometimes I does slip an use ah lil Patois

an dey does give me strange looks.    :D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ref had no choice...hard luck....real undeserved.

....ref is a sucker......or he wanted to be suckered....

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
40' min Yellow on Findley against Slovenia a sh*t call by the ref.
When  will the officials get it right?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 08:57:09 AM by davyjenny1 »

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Yeah, stupid ref..he miss ah deliberate elbow from Demsey in the 1st few mins..dat shoulda be ah yellow card  ::)

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

When the Swiss touched the ball to his left Casillas got a touch on it with his foot before it hit Pique.
It was not a foul for me.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Questions surrounding the third U.S goal that was disallowed

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
... and questions surrounding that entire germany v serbia game

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
They talking bout that Mali ref all over the sports news.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
They talking bout that Mali ref all over the sports news.

especially on the espn alexi lalas show.  Dem people don't know how to take tings in stride boy. Is always the biggest injustice in the world when the same things that happen to everybody else, happen to them.  I watchin' the game now and seeing the ref make some bad calls in favour of the us, too.  I could understand if the ref was just making wholesale bad calls against them alone.  Slovenian now get a yellow off a altidore theatric....bocanegra get way like de midnight robber......take allyuh point and be happy eh! 

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dempsey getting away with a blatant elbow is not controversial though right?... If the U.S. had to play the game with 10 men they probably would be sitting at the bottom of the group with 1 point and a minus 3 goal difference. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dempsey getting away with a blatant elbow is not controversial though right?... If the U.S. had to play the game with 10 men they probably would be sitting at the bottom of the group with 1 point and a minus 3 goal difference. 

My fault....I say bocanegra and is dempsey it was supposed to be.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Slovenia 4 yellow cards...BooSA 1 but some how the ref was bias against them..go figure  ::)

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Slovenia 4 yellow cards...BooSA 1 but some how the ref was bias against them..go figure  ::)

Big Up!

I doh really like to just look at the raw statistics because yuh know it's quite possible that maybe Slovenia committed 7 or 8 yellow-cardable offenses and the us committed none.  ::) (well, at least, according to espn and lalas and harkes (and who ever else in te world wants to drink their Kool-Aid.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 05:13:32 AM by Mango Chow! »

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I wish they did win de facking game...

all on nightline dey bawling dey was robbed... every facking channel... this ting send meh in meh bed early
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>