March 29, 2024, 06:05:13 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 36 - Group B: Greece vs Argentina  (Read 5309 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 36 - Group B: Greece vs Argentina
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 04:01:21 AM »
defense is suspect

true dat ! But Argentina won a world cup with Pompido probably the worst of all their goalkeepers . Brazil won as well with defenses that gave up goals ... funny how de argument doh work for dem . When Brazil lost 3-2 to Italy with what many say was their best ever team they blamed Serginho , a forward player ...yet the defense conceded 3 goals !
When a team has so much firepower they always feel they can outscore any other . Isn't that what was said about Brazil in the past ? ..rather than the defense was weak ?
The Argentina defense might give up goals ...only one so far though ...but the return from the forward line is more of a concern to me right now ..we should have had about 15 in the bag so far ...

...people lay some blame at Serginho's feet because he missed so many easy chances that would have padded Brazil's goal average and would have meant italy would have needed to have scored more and more goals to qualify ahead of Brazil.  Brazil only needed to draw with italy to have advanced. Defensive errors and poor goalkeeping conceded the goals, yes, but Serginho also had some SITTERS!!!....that he missed.....that would have made a difference   
that story grew with mauvais langue ..go and watch the game again see if you can find all dem " easy chances that he missed "  rather what you might see is atrocious defending which lead to their downfall. No chance that serginho had was more glaring than the bad square pass of Cerezo to gift Rossi a goal. Also check Serginho's goalscoring record ...there were a lot worse than him ..but he was the scapegoat.

I not talking about chances he missed in the italy game, dred.  Read my post again and see where I talk about Brazil's "goal average".  He missed some sitters in the "group stages". No mauvais langue, Dred.  Good talk.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 36 - Group B: Greece vs Argentina
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2010, 06:31:49 AM »
defense is suspect

true dat ! But Argentina won a world cup with Pompido probably the worst of all their goalkeepers . Brazil won as well with defenses that gave up goals ... funny how de argument doh work for dem . When Brazil lost 3-2 to Italy with what many say was their best ever team they blamed Serginho , a forward player ...yet the defense conceded 3 goals !
When a team has so much firepower they always feel they can outscore any other . Isn't that what was said about Brazil in the past ? ..rather than the defense was weak ?
The Argentina defense might give up goals ...only one so far though ...but the return from the forward line is more of a concern to me right now ..we should have had about 15 in the bag so far ...

Which WC's were those? Check goals against for Argentina 86 or Brazil 94, 2002
you lost me here ???

You said "Brazil won WC's with defenses that gave up goals". Which WC's was that? Pompido may have been a poor keeper in your eyes but he was soild in 86, not conventional but got the job done.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>