March 28, 2024, 07:34:48 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 3 - Group B: Argentina vs Nigeria  (Read 9228 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 3 - Group B: Argentina vs Nigeria
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 09:25:22 AM »
I will have to try that in my next game.
When (not if, but when)  I mis-kick it on an open breakaway, shout at the man running off the ball.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2010, 09:26:44 AM »
Higuain need to sit on the bench and watch the rest of this game.

giggsy11

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2010, 09:28:11 AM »
Maradona acting like he wish he was still kickin ball, or he had a double dose of his stimulant!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 09:32:34 AM by giggsy11 »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2010, 09:43:04 AM »
Enyeama is the man.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2010, 09:43:37 AM »
Look how Maradona nearly start back taking cocaine.

Nigeria keeper, Enyeama for MOM

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2010, 09:44:40 AM »
How many clear easy chances both these teams will have boy? If there was ever a game that should end with neither side getting points is this.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2010, 09:52:50 AM »
Based on these 2 games.
South Korea is the best team in this group.

giggsy11

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2010, 09:53:47 AM »
South Korea can take Argentina.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »
Based on these 2 games.

It certainly looking so based on these 2 games. But I think Nigeria just beat them 3-1 or something so in a friendly. So me eh know. Argentina in trouble I believe. Even in that win Nigeria had some easy looks on goal. Nigeria like they on vacation or something. They need to go home with that.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2010, 10:01:19 AM »
Nigeria frustrating meh already wit dey wayward and indiscipline play. Sorry mikel out,coulda help!

I don't think even JESUS coulda help with this team because
nigeria team is crap..plain and simple

This is one of the most uninspiring performances I have ever seen by Nigeria.  Their entire forward line coulda stay home, including Odomwingie wit he crap! big, loud, hard STEUPS!!

I am not convinced of Argentina's potential in this tournament.  Yes, it is only their first game and they are in a relatively "easy" group, but I wouldn't see any of the opposition in the knockout phase playing them like they 'fraid them so. Messi is poison!!  

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2010, 10:03:32 AM »
1-1 woulda be nice.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2010, 10:06:08 AM »
I will have to try that in my next game.
When (not if, but when)  I mis-kick it on an open breakaway, shout at the man running off the ball.

Dat yute deserve clout... straight up.  Odemwingie only saving grace is that he changed the game for Nigeria after he came on.  Agree with you that Enyema deserve MOM for Nigeria.  I'm happy that after getting pilloried for years, African goalkeepers are enjoying a bit of vindication thus far.  Khune for S. Africa, and now Enyema both played brilliantly.

Socafan... totally agree with the pedestrian attitudes of the Nigerian players.  10 mins from time and dem men jogging all over the pitch.  The way Messi and Tevez was chasing and pressuring to the final whistle yuh'd never thought is dem was ahead.

I slept thru the S. Korea - Greece game (some sacrifices have to be made) and glad I did.  That said, more and more I'm starting to like the way S. Korea plays... them men does attack and chase whole game.  Pace fuh days, boundless energy... positive attitudes, playing together, no dissent... sound in the fundamentals.  That first goal was a lot more difficult (I think) than it appears, given all the traffic that flash in front of the goal-scorer.  His concentration was superb, as was the finish.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2010, 10:07:39 AM »

Yuh wishing or stating a fact  ;D. South Korea will be exciting but I can't see them taking Agentina, no matter how yuh look at it
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2010, 10:14:08 AM »

Yuh wishing or stating a fact  ;D. South Korea will be exciting but I can't see them taking Agentina, no matter how yuh look at it

Not wishing, SK-will be 10 pitbulls trackin down Argentina's players, they will not be standing off the ball and watchin Argentina past the ball. Plus SK have the composure to score on Argentina's defense. We goh see ;D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2010, 10:22:54 AM »

Not wishing, SK-will be 10 pitbulls trackin down Argentina's players, they will not be standing off the ball and watchin Argentina past the ball. Plus SK have the composure to score on Argentina's defense. We goh see ;D

I wish you were right, but these Argentinians are too skillful and used to pressure and tight spacing themselves to be outdone by SK's pressure alone.  But SK can score on this Argetina team in trute!   

AirMan

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2010, 11:41:21 AM »
Argentina looks really good going forward but top teams than Nigeria, like Brazil and Spain will exploit their defence which seems to have problems

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2010, 11:57:06 AM »
Based on these 2 games.

allyuh quick to come to a conclusion...south korea play greece, doh read too much into it...korea defence have real big holes in the center but greece was too dead to exploit it.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
nigeria keeper real do he wok today....coulda swear messi was gettin on de scoreboard
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2010, 12:29:42 PM »
Nigeria need better coaching.

This *is* the better coaching. They shoulda call Beenhakker.
Nigeria survive that first half only 1-0 down. This game should have been put away, but they still in with a chance. If I was Argentina I would be feeling nervous.

Better coaching on what evidence? What you want him to do? Are you gauging his reactions? He's more animated than I've ever seen him with Sweden ... then again he eh have no co-coach here to keep him occupied like how Sven and McLaren were (yeah, ah know McLaren was not ah co-coach.) He's probably left his instructions to half-time.

I was actually referring to the fact that the Nigeria coach is supposedly the improvement over the (local) one who took them through qualification.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/nigeria/story/2010/02/06/sp-nigeria-coach.html
Local newspapers had speculated that Amodu would be fired after sloppy passing and wild shots on the goal marred the Super Eagles' games during the African Cup of Nations in Angola last month.

I got that. I was asking Socafan, but quoted your comments because I thought they were relevant to the exchange.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2010, 12:31:41 PM »

Enough said. ARG was pedestrian today relative to what they will bring v SK.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2010, 02:20:15 PM »
Based on these 2 games.

allyuh quick to come to a conclusion...south korea play greece, doh read too much into it...korea defence have real big holes in the center but greece was too dead to exploit it.

....don't underestimate what "effort" can do for a eam.  I'm sure their defense had big holes in it back i Korea-Japan (linesman notwithstading) and look how far it got them.  Nigeria could have done with some of that same effort today.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2010, 03:04:06 PM »
i think south korea will give argentina a good run and could even win on any given day but i think argentina will get the job done because of messi.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2010, 04:15:58 PM »
the most shocking thing about this game for me is that Maradona start Jonas Gutierrez at right back.. The man look lost and totally out of his depth.. Getting beat, overcomitting, missing headers, scrambling.. ah done know Maradona is a mad man but of all the suggested lineups ah really didnt see this one coming.

ah hate to beat out the point, but imagine instead of yuh pick Zanetti yuh prefer to makeshift a winger at right back.

Milito need to start the next game.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2010, 10:36:26 PM »
Credit to Maradona. Anyone got the sense that Heinze's goal was worked out on the training ground? Look at Walter Samuel's action, the positioning of the players, and Maradona's reaction following the goal.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2010, 10:43:10 PM »
Credit to Maradona. Anyone got the sense that Heinze's goal was worked out on the training ground? Look at Walter Samuel's action, the positioning of the players, and Maradona's reaction following the goal.

The critics were bashing the Nigerian defense for "leaving" heinze so wide open, but I not so sure there was anything they could have done to defend against that goal.....it seems like he started his run from outside the 18 and behind the furthest defender away from the corner kick.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2010, 11:00:42 PM »

The critics were bashing the Nigerian defense for "leaving" heinze so wide open, but I not so sure there was anything they could have done to defend against that goal.....it seems like he started his run from outside the 18 and behind the furthest defender away from the corner kick.

Every single NIG player is in the '18' and accounted for. They are not necessarily badly positioned if one is preparing for a traditional delivery. Indeed, there is some recognition of the danger by Nigeria's # 19, but he's locked in by Samuel ... Heinze started outside of the 'D', and enters BEHIND the defender. Interesting corner kick isn't it? It's a 9 v 3 situation essentially ... until Heinze enters, and distorts everything. Nigeria were numbers-up. Veron's target is the penalty spot, given the spacing between the players. Well-conceived.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 11:02:44 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2010, 11:21:35 PM »

Every single NIG player is in the '18' and accounted for. They are not necessarily badly positioned if one is preparing for a traditional delivery. Indeed, there is some recognition of the danger by Nigeria's # 19, but he's locked in by Samuel ... Heinze started outside of the 'D', and enters BEHIND the defender. Interesting corner kick isn't it? It's a 9 v 3 situation essentially ... until Heinze enters, and distorts everything. Nigeria were numbers-up. Veron's target is the penalty spot, given the spacing between the players. Well-conceived.

Just goes to show, corner kicks, free kicks, balls played into the box, etc., isn't all about numbers or height.  I agree that it's quite likely a well-practiced tactic on Argentina's part.......and kinda hard to defend against....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2010, 11:28:25 PM »
And ... It wouldn't be the first dramatic goal Heinze has scored for ARG. His movement in the attacking third can be unpredictable. ARG has relied on him in unexpected set play scenarios before. Successfully. Great commitment by him.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2010, 08:04:06 PM »
man start off backing Nigeria now backing korea ..I guess it eh have nothing to do wid Argentina . ....ah read all de posts and eh see nothing about a little detail which makes a lot of difference. ...altitude.
This game was played at high altitude ....this was not a fast running around game .....this was about keeping possession, conserving energy and trying to get a goal without expending too much effort or tactics.
I dont know how many of you really believe that Korea will beat Argentina ..but I suspect quite a few haters would have backed many of the unfancied teams before this Cup is over ..any team playing Argentina will do ...
The A game is still to come folks .... 3 pts is what we were after...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2010, 09:42:47 PM »

Was a very well executed free kick. 

Defensively Argentina didn't look as tenacious as I'm used to seeing them...

They should stroll through this group though....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>