April 28, 2024, 05:27:23 PM

Author Topic: Which sport is it more important to develop in TnT  (Read 5750 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Which sport is it more important to develop in TnT
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2010, 12:32:54 PM »
pain me to say it as a football head but...

1. cricket
2. track
3. football

in that order.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2010, 02:25:54 PM »
Baseball ROFL
Doh laugh I heard on the broadcast ,Keiron Pollard went cuba and they had there best Pitcher  against him .He missed  at first ,but after twenty minutes he was hitting them ot of the ballpark !.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2010, 02:30:35 PM »

1. cricket
2. track
3. football

in that order.
I know ,seeing it in print the way you phase it have me a little queasy too ....but when would the experiment end ,with these Warner ppl .Its been over 40 years these ppl destroying or hampering dreams and development .

Oh btw Palos you say one two medals in track ,but 100 ,200 and relays and shit .That pretty good ,now we getting Hurdles silver and soon Gold too ,thats impressive bud. 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2010, 03:43:07 PM »

1. cricket
2. track
3. football

in that order.
I know ,seeing it in print the way you phase it have me a little queasy too ....but when would the experiment end ,with these Warner ppl .Its been over 40 years these ppl destroying or hampering dreams and development .

Oh btw Palos you say one two medals in track ,but 100 ,200 and relays and shit .That pretty good ,now we getting Hurdles silver and soon Gold too ,thats impressive bud. 

The order does not bother me. The fact is all 3 sports should get their just amount of money depending on set principles devise by the government. As far as I am concern, "More Sports means Less Mischief". This topic of which sports better than the other does have a racial component to it. Cricket might be on top because it is reaching it's full potential in that every race plays the game at a high level. In the other sports that is not the case. They have not reach their full potential until we see what the "other race" has to offer. All other sports are underepresented when it comes to East Indians. How come and why? What is being done to rectify this problem. How do we know there is not an Indian girl who can do the hurdles and probably win a medal? all yuh figure that out.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2010, 04:16:01 PM »
Cricket might be on top because it is reaching it's full potential in that every race plays the game at a high level. In the other sports that is not the case. They have not reach their full potential until we see what the "other race" has to offer. All other sports are underepresented when it comes to East Indians. How come and why? What is being done to rectify this problem. How do we know there is not an Indian girl who can do the hurdles and probably win a medal? all yuh figure that out.

It have chinee cricketers?  Syrian? 

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2010, 04:26:31 PM »
Cricket might be on top because it is reaching it's full potential in that every race plays the game at a high level. In the other sports that is not the case. They have not reach their full potential until we see what the "other race" has to offer. All other sports are underepresented when it comes to East Indians. How come and why? What is being done to rectify this problem. How do we know there is not an Indian girl who can do the hurdles and probably win a medal? all yuh figure that out.

It have chinee cricketers?  Syrian? 

It use to have chinee ,but thats another point of the tread the sport still dying and its the only thing we really great at .

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2010, 04:28:07 PM »

1. cricket
2. track
3. football

in that order.

The order does not bother me. The fact is all 3 sports should get their just amount of money depending on set principles devise by the government. As far as I am concern, "More Sports means Less Mischief". This topic of which sports better than the other does have a racial component to it. Cricket might be on top because it is reaching it's full potential in that every race plays the game at a high level. In the other sports that is not the case. They have not reach their full potential until we see what the "other race" has to offer. All other sports are underepresented when it comes to East Indians. How come and why? What is being done to rectify this problem. How do we know there is not an Indian girl who can do the hurdles and probably win a medal? all yuh figure that out.
Deeks if you waiting for indians to save football in TnT ..well then we really are screwed  :rotfl:
Were not a new country ,i think all them ships sailed already,trini women have enough hurdles to jump over already .
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:32:28 PM by Quags »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2010, 04:46:27 PM »

1. cricket
2. track
3. football

in that order.

Deeks if you waiting for indians to save football in TnT ..well then we really are screwed  :rotfl:
Were not a new country ,i think all them ships sailed already,trini women have enough hurdles to jump over already .

Quags,
              You laughing. just think about it. In TF, football, swimming?, rugby, basketball, netball, cycling, field hockey?  Who is it that mostly  play these sports. Half the population don't partiicpate for whatever reasons. Hence TT will never fulfill it's true potential.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2010, 05:02:03 PM »

1. cricket
2. track
3. football

in that order.

Quags,
              You laughing. just think about it. In TF, football, swimming?, rugby, basketball, netball, cycling, field hockey?  Who is it that mostly  play these sports. Half the population don't partiicpate for whatever reasons. Hence TT will never fulfill it's true potential.
Deeks is a cultural think breds,like ah say the ships done sail.If Eric Williams had a bit of communist in him ,well then way back in the sixties ,all these things would have already be in place .And no leader since ever institute any athlete breeding programs so... here we are ..{off topic point}...say like the Chinese ,if the PR of China invented stickfighting like we did ,it would have been on display infront the Queen and Kings ,Indians woulda been good at that .But in Trini it still in the bush.
Town indians like there kids in academics hopefully and country indians ,teach there kids what they know ,which is cricket .
There are no sport safety nets to catch wayward kids  
Oh BTW indians wou;ld be good in Long Distance T F
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:43:26 AM by Quags »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2010, 07:43:47 AM »
...or spelling bee (based on the names of most of the recent champions) and the highlights i see on sportscenter

http://www.spellingbee.com/champions-and-their-winning-words

but then trini generally pococurante so me eh really know if we could emulate.

AirMan

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2010, 12:56:58 PM »
article link..http://guardian.co.tt/sports/other-sports/2010/05/18/sport-and-democratic-process

Not fully related to this thread but still an interesting read..I thought of this thread when I read this below quote from the article

Should overall funding for sport be maintained and increased? Should funding be spent in accordance with an agreed national policy vision and framework and changing demographics? Is transparency, accountability and equity non negotiable policy considerations? With the appropriate checks and balances in place, construction to provide multi-purpose sports facilities and repairs to existing facilities are as much a priority as hospitals, police stations and schools. There ought to be a commitment to ensuring that physical education is a mandatory activity in every school in the country. In the absence of policy statements and commitments the danger is always that promises will not be kept

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2010, 01:26:41 PM »
Quags,

Well India is de second most populous country in de whole wide world.

I believe dem win 1 Olympic T&F medal in dem history

Dem never make FIFA World Cup at any level

No basketballers, rugby players, swimmers, netballers, cyclists of ANY note.

Wha yuh go do?  Force dem to participate?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 01:30:01 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2010, 01:32:42 PM »
Quags,

India qualify for the World Cup arready but FIFA wouldn't let dem play barefoot so they never appear in the finals...

true talk
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2010, 04:31:35 PM »
Quags,

No one can force a horsee to drink water as the proverb goes. But there should be a whole lot of encouragement.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2010, 10:26:47 PM »
Any thoughts on support for the 'CALYPSO WARRIORS?'

Test Rugby: Trinidad and Tobago v Brazil
Trinidad and Tobago v Brazil in Sao Paulo (WCQ America R2, Playoff 2nd Leg)

Preview
The Calypso Warriors, the name given to the rugby team from Trinidad and Tobago have a huge task ahead of them in Brazil on Saturday. Defeated 31-8 by the Brazilians in the first leg in Port of Spain last Saturday, the Trinidadians have to win by more than 23 points to progress to the next stage. A number of factors are against this happening.

Firstly, winning away in Brazil was always going to be the more difficult leg for the Caribbean team. Secondly, their flight to Brazil was disjointed, with half the team flying direct to Brazil, the other having to fly via Caracus in Venezuela arriving a day later. Passport problems were said to be the cause. Thirdly, the nature and size of Brazil's win will be a major psychological hurdle for the men from Trinidad to overcome.

On the bright side is the return to the Caribean side of 38 year old veteran flyhalf Brendan O'Farrell.

GWC Rugby Rankings: World Table-Brazil 29th, Trinidad and Tobago 30th.
Both these teams qualify for the World Table as they are in different zones in the rugby world. Brazil is affiliated to CONSUR whilst the Caribbean side is with NAWIRA.

Prediction: Rugby is a funny game at any level and upsets can always occur. It is difficult not to see an easy Brazilian win. Brazil by 40 points.

Teams

Trinidad and Tobago Squad
Kirl Aanensen (Trinidad Northern RFC) Aged 27
Greame Atkins (Caribs RFC) 26
Nigel Arismandez (Worthing RUFC, England) 34
Peter Bacchus (Caribs RFC) 31
Andre Cabrero (Caribs RFC) 24
Jason Clark (Caribs RFC) 23
Kelson Figaro (Royalians RFC) 23
Adam Fredericks, Capt. (Trinidad Northern RFC) 29
Felician Guerra (Royalians RFC)
Wayne Kelly (Havard RFC) 26
Miguel Lara (Caribs RFC) ?
Damian Martinez (Blaydon RUFC, England) 30
Jonathan O'Connor (Caribs RFC) 30
Brendan O'Farrell (Caribs RFC) 38
Kirk Quashie (Caribs RFC) 24
Kurt Quashie (Caribs RFC) 24
Samuel Roberts (Caribs RFC) 23
Don Rojas (Caribs RFC) ?
Selwyn St. Bernard (Blaydon RUFC, England) 31
Kidane Silverthorn (Rainbow Sports Club) 24
Dexter Snaggs (Trinidad Northern RFC) 29
James Walklin (Trinidad Northern RFC) 31
Head Coach: Rhett Chee Ping

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2010, 09:59:36 PM »
The West Indies are getting slaughtered at home by a South African team pissed at missing the World Cup ,at no point in the miserable last 20 years has it been this bad lol ,.....but the money is good .
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 10:01:37 PM by Quags »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2010, 10:36:15 PM »
Any thoughts on support for the 'CALYPSO WARRIORS?'

Test Rugby: Trinidad and Tobago v Brazil
Trinidad and Tobago v Brazil in Sao Paulo (WCQ America R2, Playoff 2nd Leg)

Alberta you does take een or what?  Unless my eyes deceiving me this article over a year and a half old

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 10:29:43 PM »
right now, most attention should be focused to cricket, most of the talented youths are coming out of that youth program.

football in tt is dead right now and the only way it wil come back is if we change our management staff. that wont be happening anytime soon, unless jw have a change of heart and commits the resources to do so.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:32:04 PM by Controversial »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2010, 11:59:47 PM »
Yah know i now thinking ,them Jakans cant give we talk about Chris Birchall ,since them have Brendon Nash lol

1]; } ?>