April 16, 2024, 07:05:37 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 7 - Group D: Germany vs Australia  (Read 8842 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 7 - Group D: Germany vs Australia
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 02:17:13 PM »
Like the tournament start today!!!....lawd fadder dem just totally dismantle Australia sah....wwwaaaayyyy  

E-man must be liking he self... ;D ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2010, 02:19:31 PM »
I feel this will be the first real beating of the WC. Germany to win by 3 or 4.

What JDB, yuh take over the Prophetess wuk??....gimme the Lotto numbers for this week nah... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2010, 02:20:51 PM »
At what point should the Germans show compassion

After the final whistle.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 02:23:22 PM by Bitter »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2010, 02:23:18 PM »

or is there no such thing ?

You doh insult big man by showing "compassion".

That red card on Cahill was nonsense... bad tackle yes, honest mistake yes... yellow card yes... not a red card.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2010, 02:24:12 PM »

That red card on Cahill was nonsense... bad tackle yes, honest mistake yes... yellow card yes... not a red card.

Is ah everton man yuh taking up for? The World cup does really bring people together.   :)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2010, 02:26:59 PM »
Is ah everton man yuh taking up for? The World cup does really bring people together.   :)

Lol... nah, Merseyside derby or not ah always did like Cahill.  Juss feel bad fuh him that he WC get cut ah game and a half short.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2010, 02:27:13 PM »
Hard luck there Down-Underoos

But leave the diving for the Italians - what was that all about?

Any Germans left on this team, lol? Bosnia, Ghana, Poland, Spain, Brazil, Turkey, Tunisia playing today.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 02:30:11 PM by E-man »

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2010, 02:31:15 PM »

I understand you dey but isn't it the same as kickin

de ball into touch when ah player geh injured.

Mental injury,physical injury ... same difference ?

« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 02:39:57 PM by mwanasoka »
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2010, 02:32:01 PM »
Love that German kit...

Too much of ah 70s simplicity fuh me.  I does still rock mih 2006 kit.

The all black away is the best though

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2010, 02:33:32 PM »
Unfortunate red for Cahill, but Germany looked good even before the one man advantage. 

Best performance of the cup so far...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2010, 02:54:48 PM »
Unfortunate red for Cahill, but Germany looked good even before the one man advantage. 

No doubt! Fackin ref screw an already screwed Australia. The game was not nasty at all yet the ref wanted to be a star. ???
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2010, 03:03:00 PM »

:thumbsup:

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2010, 03:34:54 PM »
Real impressive by Germany.

Ah hoping Klose doh break Ronaldo WC finals scoring record though

Ah think he on 12 to Ronaldo 15.
Ketch footballitis

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2010, 04:21:55 PM »

Germans show compassion? :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2010, 04:50:50 PM »

Germans show compassion? :devil:

If we did meet dem in d 2nd round in Germany.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2010, 05:04:59 PM »
Germany played really well today..They played well in possession, in defense and going forward. Their fans must like what they have seen today. I am curious to see how they would play against better Opposition than Australia
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 05:45:52 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2010, 05:20:47 PM »
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong... but seems to me the way they played represents a shift from prior German teams in terms of how they moved the ball up the field with mostly short passes, rather than long diagonal or vertical balls.  I don't even remember them making as many short ground passes in 2006.  Maybe I'm just remembering the situation wrong?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2010, 05:29:51 PM »
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong... but seems to me the way they played represents a shift from prior German teams in terms of how they moved the ball up the field with mostly short passes, rather than long diagonal or vertical balls.  I don't even remember them making as many short ground passes in 2006.  Maybe I'm just remembering the situation wrong?

Germans were never really a "boom kick" side to my recollection but I agree they moved the ball around with a bit less rigidity than I've seen of German teams in the past...but I think that started since the last cup....

WC 2006 they were free flowing from what I remember... I think the shift started then, and Joachim Loew seems to just be carrying on the same system implemented by Klinsmann (I think Loew worked under Klinsmann in the last cup correct?). 

I think you're remembering how rigid their approach play usually looks, and how defensively disciplined they come across whereas now they seem to be more of a free flowing unit which throws a little more caution to the wind- but I think that started since the last WC....

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2010, 05:44:18 PM »

Germans were never really a "boom kick" side to my recollection but I agree they moved the ball around with a bit less rigidity than I've seen of German teams in the past...but I think that started since the last cup....

WC 2006 they were free flowing from what I remember... I think the shift started then, and Joachim Loew seems to just be carrying on the same system implemented by Klinsmann (I think Loew worked under Klinsmann in the last cup correct?). 

I think you're remembering how rigid their approach play usually looks, and how defensively disciplined they come across whereas now they seem to be more of a free flowing unit which throws a little more caution to the wind- but I think that started since the last WC....
Actually the Germans of 1990 played a very similar game, having just watched germany vs Yugo 1990 a few days ago. Quick ball movement, with combinations and numbers joining the attack. Obviously that team was blessed with better individuals. Football people in germany would tell you that Loew was largely responsible for Germany's revived style in 06 and Klinsmann the motivator. This is the reason Klinsmann could not replicate the same style at Bayern. Obviously unless one is on the inside this cannot be confirmed. However, judging from this newly built team by Loew, playing in a similar style, folks can draw their own conclusions. I just enjoy the fact that we finally see a team playing dynamic inventive attacking football in this WC.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2010, 05:52:18 PM »
You fellas correct... I think it's the free flowing football that represents the change.  I also think you're correct to say that it started with the last Cup... I seem to remember the goals that were scored in the game agains Italy in particular as representing that quick-strike fluidity.  That and Schweinsteigers bombs from distance of course.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2010, 05:57:56 PM »
You fellas correct... I think it's the free flowing football that represents the change.  I also think you're correct to say that it started with the last Cup... I seem to remember the goals that were scored in the game agains Italy in particular as representing that quick-strike fluidity.  That and Schweinsteigers bombs from distance of course.

Yeah those were big goals, all zero of them. That was the heartbreak game that went 120 minutes and Italy scored 2 right in the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7HUMGvvwf8  :'(

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2010, 06:16:17 PM »

Yeah those were big goals, all zero of them. That was the heartbreak game that went 120 minutes and Italy scored 2 right in the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7HUMGvvwf8  :'(

You're right, I'm thinking of the two Schweinsteiger goals against Portugal.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2010, 07:26:21 PM »
Germany played really well today..They played well in possession, in defense and going forward. Their fans must like what they have seen today. I am curious to see how they would play against better Opposition than Australia

true, but germany lived up to the big name status in this game unlike the rest of big names that played so far.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2010, 08:47:59 PM »

Actually the Germans of 1990 played a very similar game, having just watched germany vs Yugo 1990 a few days ago. Quick ball movement, with combinations and numbers joining the attack. Obviously that team was blessed with better individuals. Football people in germany would tell you that Loew was largely responsible for Germany's revived style in 06 and Klinsmann the motivator. This is the reason Klinsmann could not replicate the same style at Bayern. Obviously unless one is on the inside this cannot be confirmed. However, judging from this newly built team by Loew, playing in a similar style, folks can draw their own conclusions. I just enjoy the fact that we finally see a team playing dynamic inventive attacking football in this WC.

Yeah the squad in 1990 was especially gifted- don't think they've been able to replicate that golden generation since...Brehme, Klinsmann, Voeller, Matthaus, Littbarski, Thon, Haessler...etc...

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2010, 09:47:08 PM »

true, but germany lived up to the big name status in this game unlike the rest of big names that played so far.
Argentina did what was expected. The goals didn't flow but they had the run of the park against a better team than the Aussies.

Yeah the squad in 1990 was especially gifted- don't think they've been able to replicate that golden generation since...Brehme, Klinsmann, Voeller, Matthaus, Littbarski, Thon, Haessler...etc...

That was a perfect squad in terms of skill and experience. They also have not had a defence that good since and that allowed that team to play. The football today was nothing new for Germany. They have always run very hard and very, very smart plus they are always disciplined so they don't have problems making the ball work. The current S.Korea is a side like this too except that the players are not as good and so they appear more mechanical and rigid than the average German side.

The thing with Germany in the 90's and 2000's is that they haven't had the players so they appear functional. They end up focusing more on the best player (Effenberg, Sammer, Ballack) and surrounding them with players who appear workmanlike by comparison. Even with all that the brand take them to '02 and '08 finals, '06 semis and a win in '96. Same general brand in all them teams.

This side is very young and has some attractive players in Khedira, Ozil Schweinstieger and Muller BUT... They palyed Australia and that defence still has Mertesacker and Badstuber. They will not get that space and be able to pull a big team from side to side.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:56:28 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2010, 10:30:04 PM »
this ref was clearly a fan of germany, all i gotta say.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2010, 12:18:21 AM »

Argentina did what was expected. The goals didn't flow but they had the run of the park against a better team than the Aussies.

That was a perfect squad in terms of skill and experience. They also have not had a defence that good since and that allowed that team to play. The football today was nothing new for Germany. They have always run very hard and very, very smart plus they are always disciplined so they don't have problems making the ball work. The current S.Korea is a side like this too except that the players are not as good and so they appear more mechanical and rigid than the average German side.

The thing with Germany in the 90's and 2000's is that they haven't had the players so they appear functional. They end up focusing more on the best player (Effenberg, Sammer, Ballack) and surrounding them with players who appear workmanlike by comparison. Even with all that the brand take them to '02 and '08 finals, '06 semis and a win in '96. Same general brand in all them teams.

This side is very young and has some attractive players in Khedira, Ozil Schweinstieger and Muller BUT... They palyed Australia and that defence still has Mertesacker and Badstuber. They will not get that space and be able to pull a big team from side to side.

I waiting until Germany play a better side than Australia....a MUCH better side, before I start to sing dey praises like I seein' here......Call me a hater, but I actually always like Germany....but I tink men gettin' carried away wit dey giddiness.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2010, 04:38:02 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6m2WUyOTL0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnbizQzfxBo

The goal, the kit, the goalscorer name and number....all freakishly similar. Good omen for Germany?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 04:44:24 AM by College »

Offline Montjoy

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2010, 06:00:54 AM »
De party was nice here in Germany last night!
The team played better than most expected or should I say that the germans know that their team is capable of fine football but due to injuries the air for at least the 1 hour was full of intrigue and tension at the public viewing.  It was a relief to see the young team play so well and enjoy themselves by doing so.  :beermug:

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2010, 12:05:56 PM »
Sorry for d late post but....

Dis German team has terrific pace! The speed and cutting edge with which they attacked was a breath of fresh air yesterday. The overall pace of play in this WC has been so slow so far. Still waiting to see how good the German defence is though.

Australia made a valiant effort, but in the end class won out. At least Australia was attacking with a little flair.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

1]; } ?>