April 18, 2024, 06:31:08 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 8 - Group D: Serbia vs Ghana  (Read 8576 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 8 - Group D: Serbia vs Ghana
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 09:41:57 AM »
I thought it was me alone who notice the ref. from early on the the first half.

Nah I notice from earlies... but when he hit Zigic with the yellow ah say "nice", but since then is call after call in favor of Serbia.  I doh think he necessarily trying to tief fuh dem but plenty still see African teams the way they used to see Rigoberto Song from Cameroon... athletic and out of control.

As ah say dat de ref makes a big call on the penal... great call too because I di'n even see the hands the first time.

Ref Tiefing for who now?

He certainly ent tiefing fuh Ghana...

What a clumsy unfortunate handball. That just as bad as Green effup

What unfortunate?  Fuh de rest of he teammates perhaps... that was a clear handball, di'n even look accidental.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:44:06 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2010, 09:43:36 AM »
     GHANA!!!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2010, 09:44:44 AM »
Come on Ghana. Hold out for de win

Ketch footballitis

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2010, 09:46:01 AM »
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2010, 09:48:15 AM »
Ah have to give a hand to K-P Boateng. Wonderful 1st cap for Ghana
Ketch footballitis

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2010, 09:49:12 AM »
ORF DE POST!!!!!
Ketch footballitis

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2010, 09:49:38 AM »
Yellow card against Tagoe for a phantom hand ball.

The Ghana goalie, Kingson club owner @ Birmingham call him a waste of space. I have him as a MOM contender.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2010, 09:52:25 AM »

The Ghana goalie, Kingson club owner @ Birmingham call him a waste of space. I have him as a MOM contender.

Now yuh know who de ref tiefin' for!!  ;D Kinson could win MOM....as can the goalscorer.  He played a brilliant game throughout.

Allyuh see de coach fuh Ghana (serbian) seemed annoyed at his (African) staff for seeming to be too eager to celebrate their victory with him?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2010, 09:52:43 AM »
ghana played a lot better than i expected...it sad they without essien, might have been able to make a decent run to at least de quarterfinals.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2010, 09:52:58 AM »
 :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :whip: :whip: :whip: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2010, 09:53:08 AM »

Either fuh de phantom handball or fuh playing on after the whistle.  How he supposed to hear that with all that facking ole noise in de stands?  Ref lucky he got the big calls right because he bungled a lot of lesser calls.

I think MOM go be Gyan... but Prince Boateng and Askew should be in the mix.  Kingson played well but was called on only late whereas them three outfield players played well throughout.

Ghana lucky to escape with the win... they deserve the victory but they real lapse in the second half, and particularly after the goal.  They played like they already had it won when in fact there was still nearly 20 mins still to play.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:54:43 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2010, 09:54:12 AM »
ghana played a lot better than i expected...it sad they without essien, might have been able to make a decent run to at least de quarterfinals.

what is the story with Muntari??  He was just rested for this game or is he out entirely??
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2010, 09:54:55 AM »
Is it that every team raise there defensive abilities ?

Nice win.Subbed ah Defender & ah Forward ah little

too late.Shoulda be do earlier to kill de clock.

But Sweet Win.This team wasn't no slouch.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2010, 09:55:31 AM »

I think MOM go be Gyan... but Prince Boateng and Askew should be in the mix.  Kingson played well but was called on only late whereas them three outfield players played well throughout.

Ghana lucky to escape with the win... they deserve the victory but they real lapse in the second half, and particularly after the goal.  They played like they already had it won when in fact there was still nearly 20 mins still to play.

They really lost focus after the goal......a bit understandable under the circumstances....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2010, 09:58:02 AM »

Now yuh know who de ref tiefin' for!!  ;D Kinson could win MOM....as can the goalscorer.  He played a brilliant game throughout.

Allyuh see de coach fuh Ghana (serbian) seemed annoyed at his (African) staff for seeming to be too eager to celebrate their victory with him?

Even before the goal scored he din seem too ecstatic ... when Asamoah Gyan was about to take the PK. Professional ethics is one thing ... showing respect to yuh country and not wanting to be disrespectful by celebrating extraordinarily is another. Ah find he din show the proper balance. In fact, he seemed TOO annoyed.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2010, 09:58:20 AM »

They really lost focus after the goal......a bit understandable under the circumstances....

Only circumstance I could understand is their youth... because the reality is you playing for the biggest prize in yuh sport and plenty time left to play.  Maybe that is where they missed a figure like Essien.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2010, 09:58:29 AM »
This really pisses me off, what does Ghana's poverty rate have to do w/them winning this match, what's the relevance? and on top of that you are an African-American announcer, have to put such a statement down to pure stupidity
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2010, 10:01:30 AM »

what is the story with Muntari??  He was just rested for this game or is he out entirely??

recovering from injury so he is not match fit, might play in next game

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2010, 10:01:55 AM »
Ah have to give a hand to K-P Boateng. Wonderful 1st cap for Ghana

I would have taken him off earlier. I was disappointed. In fact, I found plenty evidence supporting why the Germans turned their back on him. He was more assertive than Odemwingie (thus, less disappointing by far) but I thought he made poor decisons.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2010, 10:03:43 AM »

Only circumstance I could understand is their youth... because the reality is you playing for the biggest prize in yuh sport and plenty time left to play.  Maybe that is where they missed a figure like Essien.

Well, being African, playing and winning or leading a game to a potential win for the first WC on African soil, I could imagine that there are/were all kinds of emotions running through them fellas heads and hearts that I think might have affected even the most mature players.  I don't think I could even imagine how them fellas were feeling after they scored or how they must be feeling now.  I willing to giddem a lil' slack.

Jurgen Klinsmann just got through basically saying the same thing.....
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 10:06:50 AM by Mango Chow! »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2010, 10:03:57 AM »

No, this is where they missed their #$%$# coach. The silent bastard was too wrapped up in nationalism to give a ^&^%$ to transmit obvious info. I was watching in complete amazement as dem men tried to carry the game to Serbia in extra time.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2010, 10:09:04 AM »

i think gyan should win MOM

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2010, 10:10:07 AM »
  Well, being African, playing and winning or leading a game to a potential win for the first WC on African soil, I could imagine that there are/were all kinds of emotions running through them fellas heads and hearts that I think might have affected even the most mature players.  I don't think I could even imagine how them fellas were feeling after they scored or how they must be feeling now.  I willing to giddem a lil' slack.

Well I never have, never will walk in their shoes so I not going to belabor the point, but it nearly cost them 2 points.

No, this is where they missed their #$%$# coach. The silent bastard was too wrapped up in nationalism to give a ^&^%$ to transmit obvious info. I was watching in complete amazement as dem men tried to carry the game to Serbia in extra time.

I dunno nutten about the coach so I don't know if his reserve is just his natural personality, or whether he was torn over the victory.  I DID think to myself at the outset that it must be odd for him... but my personal feeling is that he's happier for the win than sad for his native country.  They knew the draw 6 mos ago, I'm sure that was more than enough time to wrestle with his emotions... and I'm sure Ghana winning was one of the circumstances he envisioned.

As for transmitting the info... not to bring up the vuvuzelas again, but the players having a hard time communicating among themselves, how much communication yuh think could come from the sidelines?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2010, 10:10:57 AM »

I was disappointed tactically. Between Serbia's back line and midfield line there was significant space to be exploited and Ghana never attempted to take it. Ah mean, it's not like their play on the flanks was stellar such that it provided a viable alternative. Just not impressed with the commitment shown by coachman.

Leh we examine basics: after going a man up due to the sending off, who could tell they were a man up? This lasted long minutes until the intervention of the PK. Tactically coachman was riding out the scene, coz he hadda know better.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2010, 10:15:21 AM »
Chow, to initiate calm ... yuh doh need to talk ... we see it ALL the time ... the hand signals are well-known. On top of that, yuh use the players closest to the technical area to relay that info. It doh take much. I watched as fouls (or other interruptions of play) were committed right on the touchline and the man said not a damn word in the dying minutes.

He's a good friend of Radomir Antic. Antic was at the edge of his technical area urging Serbia fwd. De man's behavior was suspect. It was too visceral fuh me to dismiss. This man waved off one of his staffers? wtf?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 10:19:39 AM by asylumseeker »

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2010, 10:17:11 AM »

I was disappointed tactically. Between Serbia's back line and midfield line there was significant space to be exploited and Ghana never attempted to take it. Ah mean, it's not like their play on the flanks was stellar such that it provided a viable alternative. Just not impressed with the commitment shown by coachman.

Leh we examine basics: after going a man up due to the sending off, who could tell they were a man up? This lasted long minutes until the intervention of the PK. Tactically coachman was riding out the scene, coz he hadda know better.

good points and those are my concerns, thier midfield without essien and muntari until he returns will struggle but teams like serbia will struggle to beat them (teams that just sit back and wait)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2010, 10:19:57 AM »
I had the opportunity to meet the former Kotoko Public relations officer and coordinator when i visited that country and during  that time i found out about Essien and what i saw was amazing, they love the game like the sea have sand and they have a huge talent pool. Watch them!
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2010, 10:33:36 AM »

Well I never have, never will walk in their shoes so I not going to belabor the point, but it nearly cost them 2 points.

Well, boss I have never walked in their particular shoes, either, nor has Jurgen Klinsmann, I'm sure. But he understood it very well and so do I.  Besides, "nearly" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.  They "nearly" cost themselves two or three points but they left the field with three.  Africa is partying now.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2010, 11:48:22 AM »
Ay Nigeria, as an African team in a world cup in Africa this is how you supposed to play the game.

Defenders look composed and had poise. Midfielders comfortable on the ball and not giving away possession too easily. I was happy with what I saw from Ghana..

But..

Same problem as what kill them last world cup. This team lacks a true finisher up front. Gyan is not clinical and need to put away the chances when they come to him. Also that hopeful cross ball thing not working against them European teams with bigger defenders. Press them thru the middle.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ghana's Coach
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2010, 01:31:23 PM »
I'm all for being patriotic and I really feel for the position the Ghanaian coach was in. but his reaction to the what seemed like assistant coaches after the final whistle was in poor taste. Did you all see when the whistle blew and the assistant coaches went over to him jumping and hugging, he chuck them off with ah facking sour face? At least be happy for the people who signing you friggin paycheck nah!

1]; } ?>