April 18, 2024, 08:11:15 PM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 8 - Group D: Serbia vs Ghana  (Read 8578 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Ghana's Coach
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2010, 01:33:02 PM »
Is all about respect. He could celebrate behind closed doors, not when the camera rolling. I feel he do the right thing by showing no emotion.

Besides, any of we will have mixed emotions if we realise we play a part in preventing our country from progressing or winning the world cup.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2010, 01:36:13 PM »
spidey.. I was saying the same thing to mehself eh.. but why chuck off the men.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »
I'm all for being patriotic and I really feel for the position the Ghanaian coach was in. but his reaction to the what seemed like assistant coaches after the final whistle was in poor taste. Did you all see when the whistle blew and the assistant coaches went over to him jumping and hugging, he chuck them off with ah facking sour face? At least be happy for the people who signing you friggin paycheck nah!

That is a terrible assumption to make.  We have no idea why the man acted that way?  Fuh all we know the man was stressed to capacity and just wanted to shake the opposing coach's hand and get to the locker room and celebrate.  I don't know about poor taste.  Only until we know his reasons would I choose to make an issue.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2010, 03:26:14 PM »
anybody got a video clip?

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2010, 03:30:42 PM »
yea i remember that, at first i thought why is he acting like that, but if you think about it he isnt the only coach to have a straight face after a victory. i think that he was just being professional, after all its the first game. ghana still has plenty of work to do.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2010, 03:36:59 PM »
I saw that, it looked kinda iffy, but I understand that he just coached angainst and beat his home country, not a nice position to be in  :-\

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2010, 03:44:15 PM »
wish I had a clip to share. As mentioned, my problem is the way he shrugged off the assistant coaches..kinda peel dem off him with haste.

I fully understand that he was in a 4cup position, just done beating his homeland.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2010, 03:52:17 PM »
De coach is a Serbian.... He has had some managerial roles with some of the players

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2010, 03:55:06 PM »
It comes with the territory. If you have issues  playing or coahing against your birth place, don't take the job. Although you don't want to jump to conclusions about his reaction, it makes you wonder. I don't like some of the overexuberant celebration, but I think players and coaches should celebrate a victory. The WC is a once in a lifetime for most teams and people. So why the heck they should not celebrate.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2010, 04:21:56 PM »
what if it was the other way around?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2010, 05:28:28 PM »

yuh lost me there ??? Like if Serbia had won instead? or if the serbs had a Ghanian coach?  :-\

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2010, 05:34:02 PM »

yuh lost me there ??? Like if Serbia had won instead? or if the serbs had a Ghanian coach?  :-\

Big Up!

If de serbs had a ghanaian coach and dey beat ghana and he refuse to celebrate..

it have men does score against they old teams and doh celebrate...

look kenwyne do it against stoke... and shrug off men de same way... is respect
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2010, 05:36:14 PM »

Big Up!

If de serbs had a ghanaian coach and dey beat ghana and he refuse to celebrate..

Oh ok, yeah that is my take too...but it just looked funny the way he did it...like he was mad vex  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2010, 08:39:46 PM »
I really dunno what all the to do is about... maybe the man just expected more out of his team than tuh eke out ah win against this Serbian squad.  No disrespect to them but Ghana could have played much better and destroy them. 

Or maybe the man realize that this is the first step... come like some ah deez black Americans holding all kinda big block party and thing fuh dey chirren when dey graduate... high school.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2010, 10:37:09 PM »
I'm all for being patriotic and I really feel for the position the Ghanaian coach was in. but his reaction to the what seemed like assistant coaches after the final whistle was in poor taste. Did you all see when the whistle blew and the assistant coaches went over to him jumping and hugging, he chuck them off with ah facking sour face? At least be happy for the people who signing you friggin paycheck nah!

Man im with the Ghanian coach and do the same.  Its was not like when Terry Fenwick clout one of his players . He wants them to act professional and like you been there before and expected to win.  I know it was historic but them was acting like they won the entire world cup or beat Italy 5-0. Come on it was one game won by a penalty.  He's putting in discipline into the African culture, which they fail to adapt to for decades. Thats the reason why them African associations always have to go out and get a discipline non-african coach.  They eh know how to be have at all.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2010, 11:21:24 PM »
Bakes and Bab, did you guys see the reaction that is in question? I agree that over celebrating is uncalled for, but the players are entitled to enjoy their victory don't matter how it came about...but this is not about them, it's about the coaches reaction, we just debating and assuming the reasons why he reacted the way he did, weather right or wrong..and I think the people who saw it have a good reason to question his actions...even if we are reading too much into it.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2010, 05:30:11 AM »
Look some second half highlights.....down to de end yuh see part of de reaction.

http://www.d1g.com/video/space/sports/show/?id=3789107

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2010, 09:19:47 AM »

Big Up!

is a hypothetical yuh looking at. dem ting doh happen in real life. steups.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2010, 10:07:51 AM »
Allyuh feel Capello go be sour if England beat Italy?  ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>