April 23, 2024, 04:44:17 AM

Author Topic: Commentators  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Commentators
« on: June 14, 2010, 07:06:35 AM »
John Helm who is the commentator for the Holland game, has to be one of the worst,
Most people mistake him for Martin Tuler (which is an insult to Tyler). He was the one who did not
know the offside rule on the opening game. He makes so many errors, talks lots of fluff (like US commentators), little insight into tactics and adjustments and sometimes makes one wonder what game
he watching. For example his comment on the own goal. ???
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Dumplingdinho

Re: Commentators
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 07:50:20 AM »
i does ignore them as best as i could....as for the men in the studio, lalas gives dotish ah new meaning. gullit does sound like he lost his train of thought in the middle of his sentence but he is real kix...he was just rating up the spanish midfield then he called them a bunch of midgets... :rotfl:

giggsy11

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 08:08:21 AM »
The Spanish station is always an alternative even if yuh can't speak Spanish!

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 08:37:19 AM »
The Spanish station is always an alternative even if yuh can't speak Spanish!

You can't beat the girls in the shortest of shorts and tightest of shirts during the pre-game and half time shows on Univision!!
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 08:45:22 AM »
Efan Ekoku is the one who bungled the offside call.  He called the game with Tyler.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 01:34:55 PM »
I just thankful is CBC giving we the games this yr. In previous yrs TSN and CTV Sportsnet had we going to all they different channels to hopefully find games. So far All games on point.. plus I eh have to deal with Craig Forrest. Dais like ah triple bonus for me rite dey.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 02:42:59 PM »
I just thankful is CBC giving we the games this yr. In previous yrs TSN and CTV Sportsnet had we going to all they different channels to hopefully find games. So far All games on point.. plus I eh have to deal with Craig Forrest. Dais like ah triple bonus for me rite dey.

I surprise that CBC doin an alright job...plus I streaming all games at work...and dey have a good pool I in with my padnahs

and yes no Craig Forrest is great! What we need to see Shaka's shoe shine boy for... :devil:
whey boy!

1]; } ?>