April 19, 2024, 04:35:35 PM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 13 - Group G: Ivory Coast vs Portugal  (Read 9167 times)

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 13 - Group G: Ivory Coast vs Portugal
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 09:51:00 AM »
Storming finish!!

Why drogba ent shoot dey?? or he miskick?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 09:53:58 AM »
Not a bad game- needed a goal to open it up a bit more.

Commentators talking as if Brazil is a definite to win all 3 games, and that IC & POR will be fighting for 2nd place.  I'm not too sure.  This IC team looks tough, and Portugal of course has alot of weapons....jury still out on Brazil....

I think this group will go down to the wire. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2010, 09:56:05 AM »
ivory coast looking the real deal
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2010, 10:05:41 AM »
Ivory Coast looking the best of the African teams so far.....they were the better team on the field today...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 10:05:53 AM »
Brilliant game. It might come down to goal difference in this group.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 10:09:13 AM »
VERY, VEERRY, strong defence by Ivory Coast. Surprised at that, and glad to see that from an African team. Them fellas also big,imposing and composed too. I woulda definitely be extremely respectful of that side.
I'm impressed. They need a little bit better movement of the ball, but ah backing them right through now. Drogba on vacation or what...steeups...leave he ass on the bench.

Portugal was good too, better than people think,  but I think they were simply overpowered. They will fare/look  better further on. Interesting group. The 2 of them and Brazil need to move on to next rounds.

Nice game. Aight.....next

This is not going to be a very productive few weeks...........
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 10:12:40 AM »
VERY, VEERRY, strong defence by Ivory Coast. Surprised at that, and glad to see that from an African team. Them fellas also big,imposing and composed too. I woulda definitely be extremely respectful of that side.
I'm impressed. They need a little bit better movement of the ball, but ah backing them right through now. Drogba on vacation or what...steeups...leave he ass on the bench.

Portugal was good too, better than people think,  but I think they were simply overpowered. They will fare/look  better further on. Interesting group. The 2 of them and Brazil need to move on to next rounds.
Nice game. Aight.....next

This is not going to be a very productive few weeks...........

I want the Ivory Coast and Portugal to go through because if things go according to plan Brazil and Holland will meet in the Quarter finals and that is just a bit too early for my liking.... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 10:15:20 AM »
brazil eh play yet, but it go be sad to see one ah dese go

an brown u need to cool wit dat kinda talk :shameonyou: I'll take brazil over portugal any day and like portugal but can't stand CR ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:27:35 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2010, 10:22:22 AM »
Why dem fellas didn't cross that ball over for the final play???? I hate short corners, hardly anything comes out of that. Final play, at least give yuhself a chance for a goal, esp when Drogba in the box to deliver to. Dem men take it short, de ref call the game and I need to buy a new phone ;D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2010, 10:37:08 AM »
Portugal is an average team

Very organized defensively....bereft of ideas going forward.  Which is surprising for a team boasting Ronaldo and Deco within their ranks.

Bottom line, they struggle to score goals and rely on a moment of brilliance, oftentimes from Ronaldo, to do so.  Dat doh wuk too regular. 

Brazil & Ivory Coast to go through to the next round.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2010, 10:37:41 AM »
Deco looked outta it.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2010, 10:42:39 AM »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2010, 10:53:30 AM »
how much allyuh want to bet dat IC and portugal runnin d 5 points plan i.e beat korea play each other an brazil for ah point
I pity the fool....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2010, 10:56:00 AM »
how much allyuh want to bet dat IC and portugal runnin d 5 points plan i.e beat korea play each other an brazil for ah point
So goal difference then.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2010, 11:00:18 AM »
So goal difference then.

dat would be my guess, both were tentative against each other, would most likely approach brazil d same way
I pity the fool....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2010, 11:03:06 AM »
So goal difference then.

Yup...if daz de case....Portugal commit footballing suicide.  Who goin and score goals fuh dem to bump up dem goal average?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2010, 11:41:10 AM »
So goal difference then.

Yup...if daz de case....Portugal commit footballing suicide.  Who goin and score goals fuh dem to bump up dem goal average?
DPKR have real wood to get.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2010, 12:05:59 PM »
So goal difference then.

DPKR have real wood to get.

Doh underestimate dem.

De mind is a powerful ting.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2010, 12:13:58 PM »
The world spectacle.

Més que un club.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2010, 12:19:15 PM »
Gervinho looked real good, wonder how he and Drogba will link up front once Didier 100%.  Onto the next match
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2010, 12:45:09 PM »
Gervinho looked real good, wonder how he and Drogba will link up front once Didier 100%.  Onto the next match

yup definitely the MoM in today's game for me. dunno why sven gone and take him and kalou out though. drogba coming onto the field seemed to be a morale booster for ivory coast, and he was playing kinda cautious. ivory coast coming out with all guns blazing next game, that i know for sure...watch allyuh self brazil
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2010, 02:38:53 PM »
Portuguese coach says rules favoured the Elephants...

Portugal coach Carlos Queiroz has criticised FIFA for allowing Cote d'Ivoire to use striker Didier Drogba in their World Cup opener.

The Chelsea striker had been in doubt for the match after having surgery on a broken arm, but FIFA decided that it should be up to referee Jorge Larrionda to rule on whether he could play with a cast on his arm.

"FIFA decided that the referee would make the decision. That sounds strange to us because the rules handed to the national teams state that players cannot play with a simple string bracelet and, all of a sudden, a player shows up with a cast on his arm, putting the Portuguese players at risk," Queiroz said at the post-match press conference.
"When people tell me there is an African football star that should play, I wonder if rules are the same for everyone. We saw the cast but we do not know what he really used. Perhaps against Brazil the rules will change again." (www.goal.com)

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2010, 02:42:36 PM »
Portuguese coach says rules favoured the Elephants...

Portugal coach Carlos Queiroz has criticised FIFA for allowing Cote d'Ivoire to use striker Didier Drogba in their World Cup opener.

The Chelsea striker had been in doubt for the match after having surgery on a broken arm, but FIFA decided that it should be up to referee Jorge Larrionda to rule on whether he could play with a cast on his arm.

"FIFA decided that the referee would make the decision. That sounds strange to us because the rules handed to the national teams state that players cannot play with a simple string bracelet and, all of a sudden, a player shows up with a cast on his arm, putting the Portuguese players at risk," Queiroz said at the post-match press conference.
"When people tell me there is an African football star that should play, I wonder if rules are the same for everyone. We saw the cast but we do not know what he really used. Perhaps against Brazil the rules will change again." (www.goal.com)

Ha ha ha he really benning for that?

Steups Africa for Africa yes... I woulda let Drogba roll out in a wheelchair and all if he did ask   :devil:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2010, 02:55:39 PM »

yup definitely the MoM in today's game for me. dunno why sven gone and take him and kalou out though. drogba coming onto the field seemed to be a morale booster for ivory coast, and he was playing kinda cautious. ivory coast coming out with all guns blazing next game, that i know for sure...watch allyuh self brazil

I can't believe Dindane played the full 90 mins, a lot of the Elephants' attacks died when he got the ball.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2010, 03:44:03 PM »
Ronaldo Again

World Cup 2010: Cote D'Ivoire Were Afraid Of Us In The First Half - Portugal Star Cristiano Ronaldo
The Portuguese ace says his side were better and should have won the game...

By Luis Mira
Jun 15, 2010 5:26:00 PM

Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo believes his side were the only one battling for the three points and stressed that the Seleccao played well in the 0-0 draw with Ivory Coast today.

"We knew the Ivory Coast would not attack much and would stay at the back more. They were afraid of us in the first half, in the second session they got their game a bit more loose, but we played well and did not win only because we did not have any luck," Ronaldo told RTP 1.

The draw leaves the Seleccao in a tough situation in Group G, but Ronaldo is confident his team are anything but out of the race for the knockout stage.

"Have we lost any margin for error? No, everything is still open, we have to continue like this," he stated.

Who has the best chance of winning the World Cup? Check out Castrol Football's 2010 FIFA World Cup Winner Predictor.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/06/15/1978082/world-cup-2010-cote-divoire-were-afraid-of-us-in-the-first

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2010, 04:17:37 PM »
Ronaldo Again

World Cup 2010: Cote D'Ivoire Were Afraid Of Us In The First Half - Portugal Star Cristiano Ronaldo

By Luis Mira

Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo believes his side were the only one battling for the three points and stressed that the Seleccao played well in the 0-0 draw with Ivory Coast today.

"We knew the Ivory Coast would not attack much and would stay at the back more. They were afraid of us in the first half, in the second session they got their game a bit more loose, but we played well and did not win only because we did not have any luck," Ronaldo told RTP 1.

The draw leaves the Seleccao in a tough situation in Group G, but Ronaldo is confident his team are anything but out of the race for the knockout stage.

"Have we lost any margin for error? No, everything is still open, we have to continue like this," he stated.

Who has the best chance of winning the World Cup? Check out Castrol Football's 2010 FIFA World Cup Winner Predictor.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/06/15/1978082/world-cup-2010-cote-divoire-were-afraid-of-us-in-the-first

Everytime dis man open he mouth he sound more and more like a macomeh man, steups, Portugal eh going nowhere but back to Lisbon
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2010, 04:38:21 PM »
Ronaldo Again

By Luis Mira

Everytime dis man open he mouth he sound more and more like a macomeh man, steups, Portugal eh going nowhere but back to Lisbon

stuepss he need to stop acting like a lil b*tch and play football. man only falling down every second. ivory coast played the better game....clearly

just found out that ronaldo was MoM on fifa.com....wheysss he didnt deserve that
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:03:40 PM by Trini Madness »
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2010, 06:39:28 PM »
Ronaldo Again

By Luis Mira

stuepss he need to stop acting like a lil b*tch and play football. man only falling down every second. ivory coast played the better game....clearly

just found out that ronaldo was MoM on fifa.com....wheysss he didnt deserve that

Tried to vote for Gervinho for MoM and his name was stippled out

so no wonder Ronaldo win it. How D F**k he could lose with this Ratchefee !
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 06:42:16 PM by mwanasoka »
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2010, 06:46:34 PM »
Gervinho: Voted MoM by ITV1 viewers.

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2010, 06:47:08 PM »

Portugese # 2 Bruno Alves and Honduran # 9 Carlos Pavon.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

1]; } ?>