March 28, 2024, 11:47:32 AM

Author Topic: "Doubles"  (Read 1765 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
"Doubles"
« on: October 16, 2023, 11:24:59 AM »
Can anyone tell me how to make the the wrap for the chick pea(channa curry),i can make this but the wrap which I know is called "bara",I don't know the recipe, could anyone give me an idea.
I have stopped eating rice and was told that chick peas,and "green figs" are good to reduce blood sugar.I said green fig as we do in Trinidad,hopefully you know I mean green bananas.My blood sugar was so high but after eating 3 sometimes 4 boiled "green figs" a day my blood sugar has gone down to normal,I got readings of 19,20 etc,now I get 9, and sometimes 10 which is acceptable.Thanks for any help.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: "Doubles"
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 10:47:19 AM »
well all that oil to fry the bara will give you cholesterol instead (of high sugar)!! :) i could be wrong, but i think even the split peas recipe call for flour (gluten?) to hold everything together. Eddoes (yauita) and yam (yuca) and ting does raise the sugar too? [i put the spanish names so you might be more likely to find in the hispanic isle or spanish grocery store).
Sorry I didn't answer the question, but hopefully my words were better than silence :) [somebody else turn].

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "Doubles"
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 12:17:20 PM »
kounty,Thanks man and the info was useful,I do eat eddoes and cassava,but I just cannot make the barra,thanks again.

1]; } ?>