General > General Discussion

Ish Galbaransingh in jail.

(1/35) > >>

Sam:
Ish, Ferguson in prison.
T&T Guardian Newspapers.

Now they await extradition after bail revoked

Businessmen Ishwar Galbaransingh and Steve Ferguson were arrested yesterday and spent last night at the Maximum Security Prison, Golden Grove.

This comes days after the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council refused to grant the men leave to challenge their extradition to the US to face 95 charges relating to the construction of the Piarco Airport Terminal. That ruling effectively ended their bail. Ferguson and Galbaransingh have been on $1 million bail each since their arrest in 2006.

In an unprecedented move, Chief Magistrate Sherman Mc Nicolls granted bail in an extradition case when in all other similar cases the wanted persons were all kept in prison.

On May 4, 2006, a grand jury in Florida returned an indictment against Galbaransingh, Ferguson and six others in relation to corrupt practices concerning two packages for the construction of the airport terminal. Months later, six Americans pleaded guilty before Judge Paul Huck in the Miami Federal Court and were sentenced to terms between six months and six years.

The case against Galbaransingh and Ferguson is still pending. Ferguson and Galbaransingh have contended they have already endured seven years of domestic criminal proceedings in respect of the same allegations made in the United States. Last week Attorney General Anand Ramlogan gave the men until tomorrow to show why they should not be extradited.

Police Commissioner James Philbert told CNC3 last night that Galbaransingh and Ferguson were arrested after warrants were executed on them. Philbert said that was done after consultation with Director or Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard.

The police boss said the two businessmen would remain in prison until they were extradited to the US. Ramlogan said last night he has “no role or function” in the matter. Under the laws of the country the Attorney General has to sign-off on the extradition.

weary1969:
Will do cartwheels when I c them in d company of d Marshalls.

Mr Fix-it:

--- Quote from: weary1969 on June 16, 2010, 10:51:31 AM ---Will do cartwheels when I c them in d company of d Marshalls.

--- End quote ---

I wah see dat  :rotfl:

Sam:

--- Quote from: weary1969 on June 16, 2010, 10:51:31 AM ---Will do cartwheels when I c them in d company of d Marshalls.

--- End quote ---

Stop always being so negative, atleast they doing something, under de PNM gov they never did anything, now a new gov come and in 2 weeks time Ish in jail, whether he get away or not, they still doing more than what PNM did, its a start.

Conquering Lion:
Allyuh remember this one?

http://www.youtube.com/v/W14AdRfsPoA&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version