March 18, 2024, 09:27:39 PM

Author Topic: Ish Galbaransingh in jail.  (Read 63742 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Ish Galbaransingh in jail.
« on: June 16, 2010, 05:20:35 AM »
Ish, Ferguson in prison.
T&T Guardian Newspapers.

Now they await extradition after bail revoked

Businessmen Ishwar Galbaransingh and Steve Ferguson were arrested yesterday and spent last night at the Maximum Security Prison, Golden Grove.

This comes days after the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council refused to grant the men leave to challenge their extradition to the US to face 95 charges relating to the construction of the Piarco Airport Terminal. That ruling effectively ended their bail. Ferguson and Galbaransingh have been on $1 million bail each since their arrest in 2006.

In an unprecedented move, Chief Magistrate Sherman Mc Nicolls granted bail in an extradition case when in all other similar cases the wanted persons were all kept in prison.

On May 4, 2006, a grand jury in Florida returned an indictment against Galbaransingh, Ferguson and six others in relation to corrupt practices concerning two packages for the construction of the airport terminal. Months later, six Americans pleaded guilty before Judge Paul Huck in the Miami Federal Court and were sentenced to terms between six months and six years.

The case against Galbaransingh and Ferguson is still pending. Ferguson and Galbaransingh have contended they have already endured seven years of domestic criminal proceedings in respect of the same allegations made in the United States. Last week Attorney General Anand Ramlogan gave the men until tomorrow to show why they should not be extradited.

Police Commissioner James Philbert told CNC3 last night that Galbaransingh and Ferguson were arrested after warrants were executed on them. Philbert said that was done after consultation with Director or Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard.

The police boss said the two businessmen would remain in prison until they were extradited to the US. Ramlogan said last night he has “no role or function” in the matter. Under the laws of the country the Attorney General has to sign-off on the extradition.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ish Galbaransingh in jail.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 10:51:31 AM »
Will do cartwheels when I c them in d company of d Marshalls.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 11:43:24 AM »

I wah see dat  :rotfl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 07:13:41 PM »

Stop always being so negative, atleast they doing something, under de PNM gov they never did anything, now a new gov come and in 2 weeks time Ish in jail, whether he get away or not, they still doing more than what PNM did, its a start.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 07:16:54 PM »
Allyuh remember this one?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/W14AdRfsPoA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/W14AdRfsPoA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 07:33:59 PM »

Stop always being so negative, atleast they doing something, under de PNM gov they never did anything, now a new gov come and in 2 weeks time Ish in jail, whether he get away or not, they still doing more than what PNM did, its a start.

I love de selective comprehension people does adopt yes. 

This "new government" ent have nutten to do with them being in jail, the Privy Council ruled against them, in effect revoking yuh bail.  Is either yuh on bail or yuh in jail, it ent have no two ways.  In fact that "new government" yuh trumpeting went so far to give them ah extra 7 days to "show cause" why they shouldn't be extradited.  Extra 7 days despite the Privy Council ruling in effect that they need to be extradited.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 07:40:26 PM »
Allyuh remember this one?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/W14AdRfsPoA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/W14AdRfsPoA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
One of his better compositions but he recycled the melody . 

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 07:54:34 PM »

This "new government" ent have nutten to do with them being in jail, the Privy Council ruled against them, in effect revoking yuh bail.  Is either yuh on bail or yuh in jail, it ent have no two ways.  In fact that "new government" yuh trumpeting went so far to give them ah extra 7 days to "show cause" why they shouldn't be extradited.  Extra 7 days despite the Privy Council ruling in effect that they need to be extradited.

So this case goin on 10 years now and all of a sudden man is jail, de new AG asking them to come up with a good plan (by tomorrow) which he knows they wouldn't and u questing that.

Anand will make sure they get extradited because under Manning they was free like birds. Watch and see and if he dont' fire will bun he to, its a done deal, Anand just playing with they head a lil bit.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 07:57:30 PM by Sam »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 08:09:44 PM »

So this case goin on 10 years now and all of a sudden man is jail, de new AG asking them to come up with a good plan (by tomorrow) which he knows they wouldn't and u questing that.

Anand will make sure they get extradited because under Manning they was free like birds. Watch and see and if he dont' fire will bun he to, its a done deal, Anand just playing with they head a lil bit.

Case going on 10 years have nutten to do with anything... that is the appeals process.  Pure coincidence that the Privy Council ruling come a couple weeks after the election.  Unless yuh willing to argue that they was holding out fuh Manning tuh call he snap election all along and was in cahoots with the PP.

Of course I will question Anand and he "show cause" bullshit because there is no provision for a show cause motion in Section 16 of the Extradition Act.  He claim he juss honoring what John Jeremie did before... which is laughable.  Ish and dem was Kamla and Panday and dem people... doh act like yuh fuhgetting dat.  It very well might be that they have to end up extraditing them (because right now Ish and dem don't have a legal leg to stand on), but that ent mean the show cause request isn't itself questionable.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:11:47 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 08:44:46 PM »

LOUDDDDDDD STEUPSSSSSSSSS. D PNM lock dem up and d PNM let d court deal wit d matter. D PP AG now bigger than d Privy Council. D only reason dey in jail is d people talk and say y dey eh lock up because d Privy Council say send dem packin y dey eh in jail.

So doh come here and post yuh crap dat after 2 wks dey in jail yuh chattin d same ting that fall on d Brits uniform.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 09:06:04 PM »

this must be a joke 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 09:10:47 PM »

this must be a joke 

Well it in d wrong section.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 04:15:10 AM »
No bail for Ish, Steve
Sascha Wilson (Guardian
)

LEFT: State attorneys Michael Quamina, left, and Kelvin Ramkissoon, after the bail hearing in the San Fernando High Court yesterday.

RIGHT: Ishwar Galbaransingh’s wife, Cheryl, leaves the San Fernando High Court yesterday, after the bail hearing. PHOTOS: INNISS FRANCIS

Justice Vashiest Kokaram yesterday refused bail to businessmen Ishwar Galbaransingh and Steve Ferguson, but ordered that they not be extradited to the United States until the outcome of their constitutional motion challenging the legality of the extradition proceedings. This means that Galbaransingh and Ferguson would have to remain behind bars at the Maximum Security Prison until the determination of their motion which is fixed for hearing at the Port-of-Spain High Court on June 24.

Minutes after the ruling, however, their attorney Fyad Hosein, SC, indicated his intention to appeal the judge’s refusal to grant bail. The businessmen were arrested on Tuesday, days after the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council refused to grant them leave to challenge their extradition to the US to face 95 charges relating to the construction of the Piarco Airport Terminal building. They were not brought down from prison to attend their bail hearing yesterday. In giving his ruling in the San Fernando High Court, Kokaram said the court had to hold the scale of justice evenly between the claimants and the State.

He said the State, represented by attorneys Kelvin Ramkissoon and Michael Quamina, agreed that the court could exercise its discretion to grant bail in the matter but he wanted to adopt a cautious approach. He said he took into consideration, among other things, the seriousness of the offence, the severity of the penalty for such an offence and public interest in the matter. Hosein had argued that in order to make proper representation in challenging the validity of Section 16 of the Extradition Act, he needed ready access to his clients. He said their first deadline to make representation on that matter was next Monday.

He also argued that his clients were entitled to bail, were not a flight risk and had complied with the conditions of the previous bail. The judge said, however, that the personal inconvenience of attorneys was not sufficient to warrant the granting of bail at this stage. Ramkissoon argued that because of the advanced stage of the proceedings, the businessmen might become a flight risk. In granting Hosein’s request for a conservatory order preventing the men’s extradition to the US pending the outcome of the motion, the judge said the matter would be dealt with swiftly.

The motion hearing was initially set for July 22, but he brought it up to next Thursday. Kokaram said it would be wrong to extradite the men while the constitional motion was still pending. In the motion, they are contending that the proceedings are unjust and oppressive and infringe on their constitutional rights. Hosein, who was instructed by attorney Nyree Alfonso, also questioned who authorised the detention of his clients. He said that decision rests solely with the Attorney General and not with the Director of Public Prosecutions. “I don’t know who authorised their detention, but that is a matter that is to be investigated,” he said. Galbaransingh’s wife Cheryl was present in court.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 04:14:03 AM »

LOUDDDDDDD STEUPSSSSSSSSS. D PNM lock dem up and d PNM let d court deal wit d matter. D PP AG now bigger than d Privy Council. D only reason dey in jail is d people talk and say y dey eh lock up because d Privy Council say send dem packin y dey eh in jail.

So doh come here and post yuh crap dat after 2 wks dey in jail yuh chattin d same ting that fall on d Brits uniform.

Like Manning use to f00ck yuh.... it really hurt yuh to see UNC win election eh.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 04:18:59 AM »

I could talk with you in a decent way, unlike some people in here, but you are right, Anand have to be an ass hole to allow this, fair is fair..  its a no brainer, send them packing, them men is crooks.

But the men who hire them should also pay too, Panday.

How could they allow Panday and Manning to be free after all de corruption and thiefing that went on.

Wonder if they finish that Church Manning was building yet, maybe it was built in Brian Manning name, so de Police cant arrent Patrick.  ::)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 05:59:18 AM »

Like Manning use to f00ck yuh.... it really hurt yuh to see UNC win election eh.

Such an intelligent response from an unintelligent person

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 06:26:36 AM »

Well you is de one who dont matter what some people do you would never be pleased, tell me who was more corrupted than Manning and he government, I guess time will tell how the UNC does, but lets not be quick to condemn them and give them a fair chance.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 06:49:52 AM »

Well you is de one who dont matter what some people do you would never be pleased, tell me who was more corrupted than Manning and he government, I guess time will tell how the UNC does, but lets not be quick to condemn them and give them a fair chance.

U comparing Maanning PNM 2 UNC. Lets c how much people in Maaning administration get charge. Lets see how much of the last UNC get charge. Since I luv 2 condem lets go wit d rumours and deal wit d present esteem members of d govt I sure that Suruj is a racist had d displeasue of being in  class ( how 2 b a UNR foreman)/ we sure JW is a krook/we sure Dooks does lie because taxshiera deposit d money/we sure Tim eh make a jail bout a technicality/we sure we still waitin on d rice from India/ we sure d new Min of Justice free a guilty man.

So these are d people I suppose 2 give a  fair chance. I will b glad if I am wrong bout dem but all signs show dat I am 115% correck.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 04:31:08 AM »
Ish, Steve bail hearing continues today
T&T Guardian

Businessmen Ishwar Galbaransingh and Steve Ferguson are still at the Maximum Security Prison, Arouca, as the hearing of the bail application will continue today.

The matter is being heard before Justice Malcolm Holdip in the Port-of-Spain First Criminal Court. When the adjournment was taken around 1.30 pm yesterday, Kelvin Ramkisssoon, appearing for the State, was responding to the submissions of Pamela Elder, SC, who are representing Galbaransingh and Ferguson. Elder, who started her submissions on Tuesday, completed her case yesterday.

Ramkissoon will continue his submissions today. It is not certain whether the judge will decide today or on another occasion. Neither Galbaransingh nor Ferguson, who have been in prison since June 15, was brought to court yesterday. Both men are wanted in the United States on 95 charges relating to the Piarco Airport Terminal building project.

They have been charged in Trinidad with defrauding the T&T Government. On May 4, 2006, a grand jury in Florida returned an indictment against Galbaransingh, Ferguson and six others in relation to corrupt practices concerning two packages for the construction of the building.

Months later, six Americans pleaded guilty before Judge Paul Huck in the Miami Federal Court and were sentenced to terms between six months and six years. The case against Galbaransingh and Ferguson is still pending.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 07:53:04 AM »
Still waitin 2 do meh cartwheel

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 08:48:39 AM »

Me 2 :devil: :angel:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 08:54:47 AM »

So wait is u Manning was horning me wit?

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 12:59:07 PM »

So wait is u Manning was horning me wit?

Doh worry bout dat yu still owe me 2 cartwheels :beermug:
And because of cost of living, I want ah wine down now  :rotfl: :devil:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 04:24:52 AM »
Try Ish, Steve in T&T.
Ken Ali (T&T Guardian).

Two British legal luminaries are sharing the views of Sir Ellis Clarke that businessmen Ishwar Galbaransingh and Steve Ferguson should face trial in Trinidad and Tobago. Andrew Mitchell, QC, and Michael Beloff, QC, have forwarded separate exhaustive legal advice to Attorney General Anand Ramlogan, advocating that the businessmen not be extradited to the United States.

The legal opinions of Mitchell and Beloff mesh with that of the eminent Sir Ellis, who recently stressed that Trinidad and Tobago is “the proper forum” for the trial of Galbaransingh and Ferguson. Galbaransingh and Ferguson are on trial with respect to public contracts for development of Piarco International Airport in the late 1990s.

The US authorities have been seeking to have the businessmen extradited to American soil to face separate trial. Beloff, named last year as one of the most influential attorneys in Britain, urged Ramlogan to refuse the extradition request of the US “on the grounds that it was not made in good faith.”

He stressed that “the correct forum for trial in this matter...is Trinidad and Tobago.” Mitchell, described as one of Britain’s pre-eminent attorneys, said “the proper forum is Trinidad and Tobago” and that the Attorney General “really has no option...”

He added: “To do otherwise would be unjust to all the accused in this case.” Such a move, he said, “would deprive the citizens of Trinidad and Tobago the right to follow and have an interest in the outcome of the matter. “It is, therefore, not in the public interest to extradite,” he added. Mitchell stated that the Extradition Act “contemplates the act of ‘return,’” He added that a decision to extradite in this case “is not so much a return...to the place where the alleged conduct was carried out.”

Instead, it is a case of sending Galbaransingh and Ferguson “to the place where consequential criminal allegations dependent on the proof of the primary conduct is to be tried and thus far away from the centre of main interest in the criminal matter,” Mitchell said.

He further stated that the issue of the proper forum for the trial was determined when, in 2005, an application was made for co-accused Eduardo Hillman-Waller, an American citizen, to be extradited to T&T. He said: “If further evidence were needed of the correct answer to the forum question...it is the decision of the authorities in Trinidad and Tobago to seek the extradition of Mr Hillman-Waller from the US.” Mitchell also argued that the issue “drives at the heart of the sovereignty of Trinidad and Tobago.”

He explained: “It is a decision which engages the right of the public to see and, if they wish, to go and visit a trial and see how the allegations play out in relation to the alleged abuse of taxpayers’ money.” He said that to deny this country the right to have the trial is “tantamount to accepting that there is no appropriate way of trying serious fraud allegations against the State in Trinidad and Tobago.”

Such a message, said Mitchell, “would send all the wrong messages at a time when the policy of the Government appears to be to bring to justice those who commit serious commercial wrongdoing.” He advised that the matter before the Attorney General should not be influenced by “political objectives or interference,” but “should be based on the principles of law and justice.”

Beloff also raised the Hillman-Waller example, saying it “must be considered as a highly material factor in making the current decision on the appropriate forum.” He stressed that “the only reasonable decision that can be reached is that Trinidad and Tobago is the appropriate forum for trial for Mr Ferguson and Mr Galbaransingh.”

About Andrew Mitchell, QC
Andrew Mitchell, QC, has a broad commercial and civil practice in Britain, with particular expertise in banking and financial services, civil fraud and commercial contracts. Mitchell has extensive courtroom experience and has won several prizes and scholarships. He has been described as “one of the UK’s most prominent fraud barristers.”

About Michael Beloff, QC
Michael Beloff, QC, has been dubbed the British bar’s “renaissance man” for his professional successes, hefty workload and work in academia. Beloff boasts a long and varied history of legal work, with more than 400 cases reported in legal reports, and has undertaken many lectures and written a number of publications. In 2008, Lord Bingham described him as “a most accomplished and much-sought-after advocate.” He was president of Trinity College at Oxford University for ten years.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

truetrini

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 06:57:48 AM »
hahahahahahahaha  too f**king funny.  Cover up continues to play out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 04:03:07 PM »
Flex, the first 2 - chapters of this story started about 2 weeks ago.  Ah too lazy to dig up the relevant articles now, but like Mr. Ken Ali of the Guardian on a campaign.  Ah wonder when he goh find legal luminaries that support the view that the 2 goodly gentlemen should be extradited??  Eh Ken?  Eh? When we goh see that story hoss??.....steups!!... ::) ::)

Anand boy go ahead and keep all yuh money men here.....I want to see if all yuh that bold faced.... :waiting:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 04:04:38 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 04:31:52 PM »
Flex, the first 2 - chapters of this story started about 2 weeks ago.  Ah too lazy to dig up the relevant articles now, but like Mr. Ken Ali of the Guardian on a campaign.  Ah wonder when he goh find legal luminaries that support the view that the 2 goodly gentlemen should be extradited??  Eh Ken?  Eh? When we goh see that story hoss??.....steups!!... ::) ::)

Anand boy go ahead and keep all yuh money men here.....I want to see if all yuh that bold faced.... :waiting:

Who go stop dem from being boleface?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 04:33:23 PM »

Give them enough rope they goh hang they self....ask Patrick....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 05:05:39 PM »

As a man said here......as much of a backside patrick was...he never had a constitutional majority....or this kinda sweeping majority in major levels. What yuh think might happen here?

Watch de play unfold. Lets see how it goes.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 09:31:51 PM »

As a man said here......as much of a backside patrick was...he never had a constitutional majority....or this kinda sweeping majority in major levels. What yuh think might happen here?

Watch de play unfold. Lets see how it goes.

Enjoy d  ride

1]; } ?>