March 29, 2024, 06:02:14 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 22 - Group C: Slovenia vs USA  (Read 27264 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 22 - Group C: Slovenia vs USA
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2010, 07:42:32 AM »
But it's normal to have a little shoving and tossling when a free kick is going into the box like that. So unless Dempsey floor the man (which was not the case), I don't see why the whistle was blown.

43rd minute of the game today between Slovakia and Paraguay.  Slovakia had a free-kick and there was "normal" shoving and pushing inside the Paraguay 18.  Nobody was floored.  Ref blew the whistle, foul against Slovakia.  Paraguay get a free-kick.  Same thing happened against the us. Only difference is.......well, the rest is history. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2010, 05:42:48 PM »
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2010, 05:46:44 PM »
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2010, 05:51:49 PM »
At the same time while there are all these complaints about the goal that was not given but in the first few moments of the game Dempsey threw an elbow and was not carded but the Slovenians not bitching about that.

yuh keep harping on this elbow.

If you want to see a elbow, watch De Rossi (I think it was) mash up McBride (I think it was) face in 2006.

The man went up for a ball and open he arms for leverage. Is not like he fling back his elbows after he was up in the air. Dat come like at worst a dangerous play in the air. Simple foul. blow and move on.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2010, 07:24:59 PM »
In light of Giggsy's article, I could go back to hating then??... :devil: ;D

You not planning to use yuh superpowers for good?

Anyhow..watch dis.

In any event...de ref blow for it even before de ball reach de box. Hard luck..dahs how it went. And in all fairness it had REAL wileness going on..he was within his rights to stop it. And i hope he doh get in no kinda trouble for it. Doh..i doubt it. One good ting is....dat dis going and be a major talking point for many sports shows in de states.....might even stimulate more interest in the game.

:-\

Wonder if that as good as it seems or bad for us.....

None of that matter in the pic as th eref had already made his decision long before any of the pushing and shoving that you highlighted ever happened. You see it in Corners all the time. Pushing and shoving, the corner is taken and then the ref just blow the whistle nullfying everything.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>