March 18, 2024, 10:19:34 PM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 19 - Group B: Greece vs Nigeria  (Read 7122 times)

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 19 - Group B: Greece vs Nigeria
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 10:40:13 AM »
Take out the calculators. Nigeria winning by 2 goals and Greece hopefully losing will see them thru.  Greece does not look anything like the team that won the 2004 European championship but then again they were not attacking back then either.

Go Nigeria.   This World Cup could lose a lot of steam if no African team makes it to the second round.  Ghana and Ivory Coast will get there.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 10:55:36 AM »
Nigeria eh show no football to deserve a 2nd round spot.  I wouldn't lose sleep over their exit. 

Ivory Coast so far is the only African team running like a well-prepared unit.  Ghana showed flashes. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 10:56:40 AM »
I read dis article dey...and fuss dis game vexing me...i couldnt help but see de parallels.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/africa/10343374.stm

A South African man is still alive despite shooting himself in the head and then being hit by a lorry.

The man, from Newcastle, KwaZulu-Natal, was in a car when he shot himself, an emergency worker told the BBC.

The bullet got lodged in his skull without hitting his brain. He then got out of the car to seek help and was hit by a heavy lorry.

He is only alive "by some miracle" the emergency worker said. He is now being treated in a Durban hospital.

The man, who has not been named, was in a critical but stable condition, spokesman for the Netcare private emergency service Jeffrey Wicks said.

"I have never seen anything like this before in my career."

He refused to speculate on why the man had shot himself.

But he said he had used a small calibre .22 gun.

"He was in a lot of pain and dazed. He stumbled out into the road, when he was hit by a truck."
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2010, 11:04:57 AM »
Nigeria eh show no football to deserve a 2nd round spot.  I wouldn't lose sleep over their exit. 

Ivory Coast so far is the only African team running like a well-prepared unit.  Ghana showed flashes. 

Agreed that Nigeria has not shown anything but I think today's performance could be chalked up to the 10 man team with injuries to the two players in defense.  As a result the most dangerous Nigerian player never made it onto the pitch, Obafemi Martins.  Reminds me of Germany 2006 with our Socawarriors going down to ten men losiing a defender and not being able to send on Latapy.  Could not help but include the Socawarriors in a World Cup 2010 discussion.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2010, 03:06:42 PM »
Nigerian was a bit better today but still disappointing. I will blame the Nigerian Football arse-sociation for the Nigerian performance. This was probably the least prepared of all teams of the 32. All they talk about is the WC is in Africa and we will make Africa proud. Fire the coach about 5 weeks ago and bring in an outsider and expect him to work miracles. The Nigerians were pathetic for a team who always running around with bravado. The arse-socation should be fired. All ah dem.

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »
Nigeria have an excellent chance of advancing to the knock out Round .

When Argentina beat Greece , the Argies are going to be on 9 points , Greece on 3 points -2 Difference .
When Nigeria beat S Korea , the South Koreans going to be on 3 points - 2 Difference and Nigeria
3 points -1 Diff...

Match Day 3 Group B
Agrentina 9 points +5Diff (Could be more if they win by a larger margin)
Nigeria 3 points -1 Diff
S Korea 3 points -2 Diff
Greece 3 points -2 Diff

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2010, 04:08:45 PM »

When Argentina beat Greece , the Argies are going to be on 9 points , Greece on 3 points -2 Difference .
When Nigeria beat S Korea , the South Koreans going to be on 3 points - 2 Difference and Nigeria
3 points -1 Diff...

Match Day 3 Group B
Nigeria 3 points -1 Diff
S Korea 3 points -2 Diff
Greece 3 points -2 Diff

Well WC dun fuh me! france more than likely out,  south africa definately out and so is the shytesnake eagles! ah guess i on the brazilian wagon again.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 04:19:18 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2010, 04:11:17 PM »

3 points -1 Diff...

Match Day 3 Group B
Nigeria 3 points -1 Diff
S Korea 3 points -2 Diff
Greece 3 points -2 Diff

Well WC dun fuh me! france more than likely out,  south africa definately out and so is the shytesnake eagles! ah guess in on the brazilian wagon again.

I think an african team is going to win it ! and 3 out of 6 moving on to the knock out Rounds is
not bad.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2010, 04:15:23 PM »

3 points -1 Diff...

Match Day 3 Group B
Nigeria 3 points -1 Diff
S Korea 3 points -2 Diff
Greece 3 points -2 Diff

Well WC dun fuh me! france more than likely out,  south africa definately out and so is the shytesnake eagles! ah guess in on the brazilian wagon again.

I think an african team is going to win it ! and 3 out of 6 moving on to the knock out Rounds is
not bad.
Well ah cyar vex wid ah man for feelin. BTW gih meh ah draw ah dah herb yuh just smoke nah.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2010, 08:41:27 PM »
I hope dey let dat fella walk back to Nigeria.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 07:16:50 AM »
I hope dey let dat fella walk back to Nigeria.

I saw a clip of the foul. It was real dotish, wild, reckless and foolish.  What an idiot!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
World Cup 2010: Kaita gets death threats after red card
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2010, 05:01:43 PM »
Well yes!

Nigeria midfielder Sani Kaita has had more than 1,000 death threats since being sent off during Thursday's 2-1 loss to Greece at the World Cup.

"Kaita has received more than 1,000 threats to his e-mail from Nigeria," said team spokesman Peterside Idah.

"We are taking these threats very seriously. We've spoken to the Nigerian government and also written to Fifa."

Nigeria were leading 1-0 when Kaita saw red for kicking out at Greece's Vassillis Torosidis in the 33rd minute.

The Super Eagles went on to concede two goals, seriously damaging their chances of reaching the knockout stages in South Africa.

"We consider it a very serious matter because this is a young man who is putting his best at the service of his country and football," stated Idah.

"That is why the team received the news of the threat to his life with shock and disappointment and is urging the authorities in Nigeria to take measures to protect him."

Idah added that the 24-year-old midfielder was "terribly shaken, but, fortunately, he is receiving great support from his team-mates and team officials".

Nigeria take on South Korea at the Moses Mabhida stadium in Durban on Tuesday and must win to stand any chance of qualifying for the last 16.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: World Cup 2010: Kaita gets death threats after red card
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2010, 05:34:46 PM »
He's another jacka$$! don't believe he deserves to die, but knowing the kinda crazy a$$ country yuh come from should've known better than tuh behave like such ah fool, especially in an international tournament.

just last WC martins received death threats when nigeria failed tuh qualify. and ah think they lick shot after him if ah not mistaken.

nigeria and columbia is ah serious place, and they doh put up wid frackry like the rest of he world, especially wid their football.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2010, 08:44:28 PM »
Entirely predictable, but sad.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2010, 03:50:36 PM »

CO-SIGNNNN I say leh he walk home dat should be sufficient.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2010, 05:40:05 PM »

"Kaita has received more than 1,000 threats to his e-mail from Nigeria," said team spokesman Peterside Idah.

man getting Nigerian e-mails? how much money is he being offered?  :devil:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2010, 08:51:11 PM »

CO-SIGNNNN I say leh he walk home dat should be sufficient.

Actually..that is PERFECT.

Link Here

Dahs a good pull. Let him study wha he do.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 08:53:12 PM »
He's another jacka$$! don't believe he deserves to die, but knowing the kinda crazy a$$ country yuh come from should've known better than tuh behave like such ah fool, especially in an international tournament.

just last WC martins received death threats when nigeria failed tuh qualify. and ah think they lick shot after him if ah not mistaken.

nigeria and columbia is ah serious place, and they doh put up wid frackry like the rest of he world, especially wid their football.

I still remember Andres Escobar from the '94 world cup. I was still a yute in secondary school then and I can remember shock I felt when he was murdered.

I know football could arouse intense passions in people, but that is taking it too far.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2010, 09:12:25 PM »
It's funny bc an African man was telling on Thursday night that Kaita should be shot for getting a foolish red card after they were leading the game. The man went on and on saying that he's an ambassador for the country and het let the nation down blah blah blah....but I ain know dem really take it to that level.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2010, 10:19:47 PM »

ENTTTTTTTTT

I still remember Andres Escobar from the '94 world cup. I was still a yute in secondary school then and I can remember shock I felt when he was murdered.

I know football could arouse intense passions in people, but that is taking it too far.

1]; } ?>