April 19, 2024, 08:32:06 PM

Author Topic: Anelka sent packing & other French news.  (Read 22555 times)

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anelka sent packing
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2010, 08:09:38 PM »
The players wanted to embarass the FitnessTrainer/Traitor so they did it in public in plain view of everybody.

Evra say they knew who run they mouth and they go handle him, so that is exactly what they do.

Cyah blame the players fuh that

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2010, 08:41:20 PM »
Players left out of this squad must be gloating at this point. They outta de foolishness.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2010, 09:30:45 PM »
Anelka: I have this great idea to improve team spirit.

Dommenech: Good. When are you leaving?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2010, 11:22:36 PM »
Anelka will probably be a hero by then for trying to save the world cup campaign.

You obviously didn't see him "play" for 90 + 45 minutes.

The man has antecedents; there's a reason why this is his first world cup. Bad apple is joke...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

giggsy11

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2010, 04:43:52 AM »
France lacked strong leadership from the players down to the coach. When you have malcontents like Anelka and Ribery tryin tuh pick the team and even though he is my boy Evra as captain you are in trouble. Evera could be captain if he has quality and strong people alonside him. Anelka never made the national team before and instead of trying tuh fit in he stirring it up. If the team had strong leadership, someone they respect that type of shite would have possibly been avoided. The coach was dead man walking in the first place so what do the FFF expect, still don't know why they keep the man on the job. irish eyes are smiling! I will support the next generation of french players, this lot, no way!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2010, 08:05:29 AM »
Anelka: I have this great idea to improve team spirit.

Dommenech: Good. When are you leaving?

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2010, 10:13:38 AM »
France lacked strong leadership from the players down to the coach. When you have malcontents like Anelka and Ribery tryin tuh pick the team and even though he is my boy Evra as captain you are in trouble. Evera could be captain if he has quality and strong people alonside him. Anelka never made the national team before and instead of trying tuh fit in he stirring it up. If the team had strong leadership, someone they respect that type of shite would have possibly been avoided. The coach was dead man walking in the first place so what do the FFF expect, still don't know why they keep the man on the job. irish eyes are smiling! I will support the next generation of french players, this lot, no way!

They all respected Henry but with all the hoopla with the hand ball and his bit part with Barca I think the coach lost faith in him, then Gallas thought he should be captain, Evra get it (don't know why). All of a sudden nobody is in charge, so here steps up Anelka.....

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2010, 10:31:45 AM »
Anelka will probably be a hero by then for trying to save the world cup campaign.

You obviously didn't see him "play" for 90 + 45 minutes.

The man has antecedents; there's a reason why this is his first world cup. Bad apple is joke...

The man was on strike since then. The point of him being a hero is that he end up standing up to Domenech who sabotaging the country's national campaign. I not saying I support the man...i was just responding to people who say he will be banned forever and reminding them that Laurent Blanc closer to the current players than the administration is and may sympathise.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2010, 10:42:05 AM »
don't cheat the leprechaun
Ent!!
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2010, 10:45:10 AM »
Well we will see tomorrow if Irish obeah really that good... :devil:  ;D

The next team to self-destruct is England.  Dem had a crisis meeting yesterday and one of the things that came out was that the coach will announce his player selections earlier.  Now all yuh men more knowledgeable than me bout the game, back room shenanigans etc. but how does knowing who will play say 12 hours before as  compared to 2 hours before will help if the team shitty??.... ??? :-\

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2010, 11:06:34 AM »

The next team to self-destruct is England.  Dem had a crisis meeting yesterday and one of the things that came out was that the coach will announce his player selections earlier.  Now all yuh men more knowledgeable than me bout the game, back room shenanigans etc. but how does knowing who will play say 12 hours before as  compared to 2 hours before will help if the team shitty??.... ??? :-\

Netherlands playin Italy in de 2nd rounds

Bye Bye Oranje  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2010, 11:16:45 AM »

That is just a big excuse. You usually have a pretty good idea of who starting, and where men playing.

I cyar believe big hard-back professionals trying to push this.

Ketch footballitis

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2010, 11:35:37 AM »
Nah man Anelka playing with France since the late 90's, just this is his first WC but he's played in Euro Cup, friendlies and such. Throughout his career he's been known to have an attitude problem that often gets him into problems anywhere he plays. It's always a risk with him on your team but if he's in the right frame of mind there can be high reward because the fella have talent just inconsistient.

giggsy11

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2010, 12:03:28 PM »
Nah man Anelka playing with France since the late 90's, just this is his first WC but he's played in Euro Cup, friendlies and such. Throughout his career he's been known to have an attitude problem that often gets him into problems anywhere he plays. It's always a risk with him on your team but if he's in the right frame of mind there can be high reward because the fella have talent just inconsistient.

Yuh are correct-that is what I meant to post.  :beermug:

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2010, 12:48:22 PM »

Netherlands playin Italy in de 2nd rounds

Bye Bye Oranje  8)
Italy making second rounds? Them doing a France 2002 and leaving 1st rounds as defending champs. Oh wait nah...they making second rounds with 3 draws? Wheeeey...that is a lucky side.

Yeah boy Palos, they will go ahead and make the semis after that. Wow. Typical italian performance.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2010, 01:19:59 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8752637.stm

World Cup 2010: France stars 'may boycott match'

France coach Raymond Domenech has said some of his players may refuse to face South Africa because of Nicolas Anelka's expulsion from the squad.

The Chelsea striker was sent home for verbally abusing Domenech during last week's 2-0 defeat by Mexico.

When asked whether some of his squad may not play against the hosts, the coach said: "It is a possibility".

Domenech also labelled the players' decision to boycott Sunday's training session as "an aberration".

They refused to take part in protest at Anelka's expulsion.

The forward was said to have abused Domenech at half-time during France's second group game.

Anelka later refused to apologise when asked to by French Football Federation president Jean-Pierre Escalettes.

As a consequence, a statement was issued by the FFF stating that Anelka had been excluded from the squad.

Domenech supported the federation's actions.

"Nobody can behave in such a way in the dressing room or elsewhere and high-level sportsmen and women have to lead by example through football," he said.

The boycott of training led to FFF's managing director Jean-Louis Valentin quitting his post.

France captain Evra was also was involved in a heated argument with fitness coach Robert Duverne prior to the scheduled session, which required the intervention of Domenech.

Later on Sunday, the French coach read on a statement on behalf of the players, but was keen to add that he had not supported the boycott.

"We had to do something - the French people had a right to know," added Domenech.

"What I should have said at the end of the message was that I did not support this action.

"With the FFF president and staff members we tried to convince them it was stupid. I disagreed with the document. What they were doing was unthinkable.

"We've wasted a lot of energy. There are no words to explain what has happened. I'm hoping we will now have action on the pitch rather than off it."

France are on the verge of making an early World Cup exit, having picked up just one point from two games.

They need to beat South Africa on Tuesday by a large score and hope that Uruguay and Mexico do not draw their match.

Meanwhile, in France politicians and the national media have largely condemned the players' actions.

French sports paper L'Equipe wrote: "A rebellion? No, a caprice. A strike? No, cowardliness. Don't deceive yourself. The republican solidarity that our players showed the world yesterday is an illusion.

"Evra has once and for all shown that he has muddled up the role of captain with that of a gang leader.

"Domenech, by lending a hand to this masquerade and reading out himself the players' statement, has missed his final opportunity to show some style and courage."

Newspaper Le Figaro added: "It is collective suicide... the French team has heaped ridicule on itself in front of the whole world at Knysna.

"It was almost hallucinatory. This is a psychodrama that will go down in the history of the World Cup. The French team has been reduced to ashes."

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2010, 01:32:48 PM »

They all respected Henry but with all the hoopla with the hand ball and his bit part with Barca I think the coach lost faith in him, then Gallas thought he should be captain, Evra get it (don't know why). All of a sudden nobody is in charge, so here steps up Anelka.....

Prophetic article?

France needs a leader at the World Cup

Officially, it was a slipped disc that prevented France coach Raymond Domenech from travelling to Manchester City on the last day of the English Premiership season to check up on the form and fitness of Patrick Vieira.

But it now appears that Domenech had already decided Vieira, who was nominally still France's captain despite not playing a competitive game for Les Bleus for over two years, would not be part of the World Cup team going to South Africa.

Domenech had a chance to reverse that decision when Lassana Diarra pulled out of the 30-man initial squad with a stomach injury, but he chose not to, despite previously saying: "Pat brings a lot to the team. Even just by his presence, he is very important to have around the place for the other players."

The double-snub for Vieira has left France with no obvious leader either on or off the pitch for its World Cup campaign.

"They miss a real leader, a screamer, a guy capable of talking and putting his mates back in their place," said former France defender Willy Sagnol. "In 1998 there was Laurent Blanc, in 2006 we had Lilian Thuram.  :salute: Today no one has embraced this role."

Domenech as much as admitted he had a problem when he checked if Claude Makelele, 37, would come out of international retirement for the tournament. He said no.

In the 30 internationals since Vieira last captained the side in a competitive match, France have had seven different captains (Thierry Henry 16 times; Thuram seven; William Gallas, Eric Abidal and Patrice Evra all twice; and Sidney Govou once).

The man who has taken Vieira's place in the side, Jeremy Toulalan, has admitted that he does not share his predecessor's skills at inspiring his teammates.

"I've always been told that I should talk more on the pitch, but I am not someone who speaks much off the pitch either," the Lyon midfielder said. "Patrick is a leader, whether it's on the pitch or when he speaks."

Henry wore the armband during qualifying, but he has another problem: as a result of his wretched season at Barcelona, he has lost his place in the France side. In the team's two pre-World Cup friendlies against Costa Rica and Tunisia, Henry was only on the bench.

That has left Evra captaining the side, and the Manchester United defender has impressed everyone with his leadership skills. His club coach, Alex Ferguson, had already given him the responsibility as captain earlier in the season and has ear-marked him as a leader of United in the future.

"He has the force of personality to command the dressing-room," Ferguson said.

Evra is certainly passionate about this France team: he boycotted the colour green before the playoff match against Ireland (going weeks without a can of his beloved Sprite) and has spoken movingly about the importance of this tournament.

"It's a World Cup, it's in Africa, where many players in our team have their roots; it's in the country of Nelson Mandela, to whom the black community owes so much. All of that adds up," Evra stated.

But that does not change the fact he is a rookie at this level, and the French media are still concerned at the lack of natural leaders in the side.

'Still looking for a leader'
RMC radio recently hosted in a phone-in show entitled, "Who will emerge as the new leader of this France team?" while a recent edition of France Football magazine ran a feature headed, "Still looking for a leader," in which it asked whether Franck Ribery was ready to take charge.

It pointed out that though he has scored six decisive goals for France, his regular complaints when he was playing on the right wing, as opposed to his preferred left, showed his unwillingness to sacrifice himself for the team (unlike Thuram, who spent years playing at right-back, a position he hated.) :salute:

"I want to be the captain of France," Ribery said earlier this year. "I feel mature enough to wear the captain's armband now."

But the terrible headlines that accompanied Ribery's misdemeanours in the recent sex scandal that stunned France, and cost the player a move to Real Madrid, look set to count against him.

Of the other options, William Gallas showed how captaincy negatively affects his performances at Arsenal, while the fact that he is often playing alongside a new partner at the back does not help. He was reportedly upset to be overlooked as captain for the recent friendly matches.

Nicolas Anelka is one of the most experienced players but his quiet personality does not make him a natural choice. When Eric Abidal was captain against Turkey last year, he also played it down, saying, "What counts is the collective, it doesn't matter who wears the armband."

Henry expressed similar sentiments this week.

This is the key difference between this France side and the successful ones of the past: in 1998 the clear-cut leaders were Didier Deschamps and Laurent Blanc (now both successful coaches) while more recently, Zinedine Zidane, Claude Makelele and Patrick Vieira have donned the mantle.

Throughout his six years in charge, Domenech has struggled with the historically hierarchical system of the French camp. During the glory years of 1998 and 2000, young players were not encouraged to speak up but rather to wait their turn. When Domenech tried to change this at Euro 2008, it flopped spectacularly. Samir Nasri and Karim Benzema reportedly upset older players with comments that showed a lack of respect, and a generation clash dogged them during the tournament.

Neither player has been called up this time around, and the implication is clear: with no natural leader in the group, Domenech is not prepared to risk any potential dissenter rocking the boat. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The problem he may discover is that having no trouble-makers does not necessarily mean there will be no trouble. It's only when France find themselves up against it in South Africa that we will know if Domenech's risky strategy has paid off.

Ben Lyttleton writes about French football for guardian.co.uk, the Sunday Telegraph, Irish Examiner, Champions magazine and the Sports Illustrated website. He edited an oral history of the European Cup, Match of My Life: European Cup Finals, which was published in 2006.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/features/story/2010/06/03/spf-france-leader.html
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 01:50:55 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2010, 03:07:38 PM »
A lil church retreat and all dat drama I miss. D French real emotional boi.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well all the training eh work so far so they have to try a ting  ;D

:beermug: U might b on 2 sumting.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2010, 07:12:26 PM »
To France with dem..and they could take the fellas from cross the channel with dem too :devil:

AirMan

Boy dis ting rhel interesting oui..link to full article..http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10370449.stm

'Traitor' mole

The players are demanding to know who in the French camp leaked the details of the bust-up.

Getting shirty: The players boycotted training after Anelka's expulsion They suspect someone within the federation. Captain Patrice Evra has described the mole as a "traitor".

On Sunday the open training session - which was supposed to heal some of the rift between players and supporters - turned into farce.

Evra was filmed in a stand-up row with the fitness coach and the players refused to train.

From the team bus they sent out a written statement protesting against Anelka's expulsion.

For team director Jean-Louis Valentin it was a "scandal"; he later resigned in disgust.

'Mess'

French President Nicolas Sarkozy has condemned the scenes as "unacceptable".

Before this tournament, the French side had brought the country together His advisor Henri Guaino said it was "distressing".

"It's no longer football; it's no longer sport," he said. "In fact, it's no longer a team".

The president has since asked his sports minister to stay on in South Africa to sort the mess out

Continue http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10370449.stm

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I just want dem forfeit...and South Africa go get 3-0...and den mexico carve up Uruguay 4-0.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I just want dem forfeit...and South Africa go get 3-0...and den mexico carve up Uruguay 4-0.

Don't underestimate Uragauay

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2010, 10:30:59 PM »
To France with dem..and they could take the fellas from cross the channel with dem too :devil:

CO-SIGNNNN

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History

Mex and Uruguay could collude for a draw and both go through

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marcel Desailly Column
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2010, 10:33:02 PM »
I respect his opinion a lot.Desailly knows his stuff.

CO-SIGNNN

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I not underestimating them. I know damn well dat hardly likely. Buh..once it have a chance for both Mexico and South Africa to go through..i hoping for it.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
I don't know why Evra even take that captaincy wuk. I know it is an honour but he shoulda realize that getting appointed by Dmmmenech would give him problems with his team-mates. As it turns out his team-mates supporting him but he getting into all kinda drama that he doesn't need.

Apparently the trainer was the one who leak the story to L'equipe and Anelka was determined to find out who it was. Imagine you at a World CUp and you have to waste your time playing Inspector Clouseau, looking for moles and drafting statements and all that kinda shit.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Mex and Uruguay could collude for a draw and both go through

Nah, I think both would prefer to avoid Argentina and would be gunning for top spot

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Anelka sent packing & other French news.
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2010, 07:06:41 AM »
them fellas good yes..

all this drama at the day and at the end of the day like they forget they representing a whole country. What about the fan who take out he life savings to trek halfway across the planet to have to suffer through all this nonsense? It is a slap in the face of the nation.

not surprised from reading airman's article that the race element coming to the surface either.

1]; } ?>