April 19, 2024, 03:49:32 PM

Author Topic: Another Manning Bites The Dust  (Read 1329 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Another Manning Bites The Dust
« on: June 22, 2010, 09:41:38 AM »
 Manning to step down as NBFTT president
trinidad express

Brian Manning, son of former prime minister Patrick Manning, will step down as president of the National Basketball Federation of Trinidad and Tobago (NBFTT) next month.

Manning intends to resign his post in an ’effort to protect our national teams from individuals on the NBFTT’s board’, he stated yesterday in a news release.

Manning revealed that he, along with newly-installed NBFTT CEO Albert Lee Young and ’five of the seven elected officers’ are stepping down from the board of directors ’out of disgust at the behaviour’ of another NBFTT official.

’I resigned in an effort to protect our national teams from individuals on the NBFTT’s board who were willing to dash the hopes and dreams of our young athletes in a selfish attempt to seek their own interest and attack me,’ Manning stated.

He added that ’it became abundantly apparent over the past few weeks’ that ’a small group of board members were determined to sabotage the efforts of our national teams’.

He claimed that the NBFTT has collapsed ’once again’, blaming their ’unworkable constitution’, which ’sets the stage for acrimony and discord’.

Manning said each recent meeting became a ’circus’, where a ’handful of representatives’ would turn issues into shouting matches.

He called on the Ministry of Sport to intervene in the issue.

’I will stay on until mid-July to ensure that our national teams have what they need to be successful and then I will gladly move on to other opportunities that I would like to pursue at this stage of my life,’ Manning concluded.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Another Manning Bites The Dust
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 12:49:46 PM »
wow, even we lil basketball have bobol
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 04:04:09 PM »
wow, even we lil basketball have bobol

.......plenty

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 05:05:35 PM »
Well at least they can fire the president, or he can resign. You think that could happen in football?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 11:09:24 AM »
well these guys havent done nothing for the ball in tt, i have seen many talented ballers home and they havent progressed under the federation.

its time for people to come into power who know what they are doing to progress tt ball, its about time we make the olympics

1]; } ?>