March 28, 2024, 03:48:08 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 45 - Group G : Portugal vs Brazil  (Read 9265 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 45 - Group G : Portugal vs Brazil
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2010, 09:48:06 AM »
But the man giving you a spark off the bench if you need it. Baptista giving yuh...well yuh just see it.

agreed..

On another note.. I just watch a brazil game and cant see a fan, breed, spanner, dummy, backheel.. Only one tall cap from Nilmar?

Shameful.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2010, 09:49:43 AM »
But the man giving you a spark off the bench if you need it. Baptista giving yuh...well yuh just see it.

agreed..

On another note.. I just watch a brazil game and cant see a fan, breed, spanner, dummy, backheel.. Only one tall cap from Nilmar?

Shameful.

Yuh shoulda watch the Ivory Coast game  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2010, 09:52:05 AM »
One of the worst games in WC history, right up there with the famous Germany vs Austria encounter. Shameful
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2010, 09:52:33 AM »
Brazil hadda draft Gervinho
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2010, 09:53:53 AM »
This games reminds me of  the WWE... well staged....
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2010, 09:54:06 AM »
Macomeh man Ronaldo
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2010, 09:56:57 AM »
Sad day for football oui...ah like Brasil but in the end ah was kinda wishing for Portugal to crush dem in the end!   :(

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2010, 09:57:38 AM »
Baptista boy. D man who has a spot on this team instead of Ronaldinho. Nice Dung-a. Nice

Why yuh doh talk about the anti-football that Portugal played...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »

agreed..

Shameful.

I agree but they still in the world cup unlike Italy  ;D

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2010, 10:00:59 AM »
One of the worst games in WC history, right up there with the famous Germany vs Austria encounter. Shameful

Nah nah, this result didn't seem contrived.  Brazil went for it, Portugal came out to contain it.  Only in the dying minutes both teams seemed content, and were happy to escape injury and suspension free- that's normal for a 3rd match. 

Brazil coulda used a Ronaldinho type today- no individual leadership, no turn of pace or skill to change the game. 

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2010, 10:02:41 AM »
Worst game from supposedly 2 big teams. What a laugh.

Germany has shown that they are willing to risk it, great organization, with skill and flair.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2010, 10:02:50 AM »
On another note:
Who picks the game MVP for FIFA? Honestly! Ronaldo!!! Please ! Lucio was by far the best player on the pitch.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »

agreed..

Shameful.

I agree but they still in the world cup unlike Italy  ;D

Until Orange men put them out   ;D ;D....the meeting is inevitable cuz the Orange putting out Japan come Monday and Brazil putting out whoever they meeting next....then its ORANJE time!!!.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2010, 10:04:26 AM »
Two Portugese team playing each other. I think the coaches and players had a little chat before this game.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2010, 10:07:06 AM »
Shit match

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2010, 10:18:08 AM »
I chose to view the other game ... well the part ah could ketch ... CIV started off in a manner endorsing that decision ... when I heard it was still 2-zip at the half ah was less than impressed.

In this WC I have sympathies for no team ... play fitball, geh a result or go home.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2010, 10:26:28 AM »

This game is nothing like the germany/Austria game.  Portugal killed the game and depended solely on the counter attack and I don't blame them.

As for Brazil, I don't know who tell Dunga that Baptista is a straight switch for Kaka.  In a more meaningful game, he will have to use either Elano or Robinho in that role.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2010, 10:27:10 AM »
On another note:
Who picks the game MVP for FIFA? Honestly! Ronaldo!!! Please ! Lucio was by far the best player on the pitch.

online voting.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2010, 10:33:24 AM »
I like Nilmar- good turn of pace and skill.  I wonder how Dunga could find a way to squeeze him in the line up. 

As much as Melo is a brute and a wreckless hack, Brazil's balance and forward passing play was thrown off when he got pulled out of the game-  Josue is good for the simple stuff but by no means a game changer. 

Michel Bastos is the weakest link... He handles the ball with the confidence of Avery John- shocked that he is Brazil's starting left back. 

Cronaldo was a tricky customer on the counter attack, and pretty much the only thing Portugal had going for them.

That game needed a goal to bring it to life but Portugal was too stubborn at the back, and Brazil's line up today more than ever was pleading for a Ronaldinho type figure. 

Dunga was furious on the sidelines, but the team played according to the personnel that he selected- not sure what more he wanted...

Interesting that in a game like this Brazil will be the team criticized for a disappointing showing, when they clearly were the team more interested in scoring and bossed the possession about 60:40 up until the end.  Portugal will be praised for their disciplined defense and for keeping another clean sheet...  :-\
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 10:36:52 AM by kicker »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2010, 10:53:23 AM »
this has to be the brasil team with the highest number of men with 2 names: felipe melo, michel bastos, dani alves, luis fabiano, julio baptista, gilberto silva, julio cesar.

Doh forget Hands fabiano, hands lucio and hands Juan.... :devil:
Like brazil bring deh handball team to de WC ?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2010, 10:55:28 AM »
referee wins!!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2010, 11:44:16 AM »
Baptista boy. D man who has a spot on this team instead of Ronaldinho. Nice Dung-a. Nice

Dred, better beleive squads gonna real pack it in against Brazil from here on out. Spain might be the only time that may come out to try to run at them.
But i feel teams playing Brazil based on rep alone. CIV is a good case in point. WOuld love to see a team come out gunning for them and see how they react.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2010, 11:47:11 AM »
Michel Bastos is one sh*tong dread... Hard to believe he's the best left back in Brazil...

I think Dunga rather have a left back who could defend a lil bit than a Marcel-type who is terrific going forward but a liability defensively

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2010, 11:53:24 AM »
Ah miss these 2 games boy...how Brazil look? The winning it all or it look like USA winning the WC :devil:
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2010, 11:55:30 AM »
Marcos any time a team come out gunning for Brazil all they will get is a sound cutarse.

Packing it in and hoping for the best on the counter will keep the scoreline respectable.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2010, 11:56:50 AM »

Dred, better beleive squads gonna real pack it in against Brazil from here on out. Spain might be the only time that may come out to try to run at them.
But i feel teams playing Brazil based on rep alone. CIV is a good case in point. WOuld love to see a team come out gunning for them and see how they react.

Nah I think Portugal sat back because they were satisfied with just getting a point from the game.  I doh think they were afraid of Brazil.  Big sides eh fraid Brazil in this day and age- they respect them of course, but best believe teams like Argentina, Spain, Holland & Germany will take it to Brazil (or try to) if they meet up...If this was a round of 16 match up Portugal wasn't playing so cautious either...and doh feel Brazil cyar absorb pressure and then murder yuh on the counter attack.  What people doh realize is that Brazil can defend too- It eh easy tuh penetrate that holding midfield when dem fellas line up right.  How many times yuh see a Brazil match where all the stats equal, except Brazil wins 3-0.  That's what Portugal had respect for today, and in the event that CIV ran up a score against N. Korea, that woulda been bye bye for Portugal...so in the end they played it safe and it turned out to be a good decision.  

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2010, 11:59:14 AM »

Dey will get poison
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2010, 11:59:23 AM »
Michel Bastos is one sh*tong dread... Hard to believe he's the best left back in Brazil...

I think Dunga rather have a left back who could defend a lil bit than a Marcel-type who is terrific going forward but a liability defensively

But Bastos doh even defend confidently dread.  The man looking like heself not even sure if he belong dey..If Cronaldo wanted to he coulda run that round the park whole day and have that solider begging for a sub.  

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2010, 12:00:35 PM »

he went with bastos over andre santos because bastos is much better in attack since he is basically a winger.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2010, 12:01:52 PM »

he went with bastos over andre santos because bastos is much better in attack since he is basically a winger.

I like Maxwell & Marcelo better than both Andre Santos & Bastos... But I eh no coach.

1]; } ?>