April 29, 2024, 11:44:46 AM

Author Topic: Mr Ato....prediction update time.  (Read 3370 times)

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mr Ato....prediction update time.
« on: June 24, 2010, 03:00:43 AM »
You have seen the bullet start return.

You have seen the mid race separation restored and finally on several occasions this year, you have seen the all new finish. Running thru the tape, high knee lifts etc. All this before mid June. I dont even talk about times run.

Still want to hold fast to your prediction that he wont run a PB this year?
I am a generous man. I will give you a chance to reconsider and save you a seat on the bandwagon!
LoL
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:29:00 AM by willi »

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
Re: Mr Ato....prediction update time.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 07:59:55 AM »
Uh no. 9.71 growing on a tree somewhere? I'm 70-30 he won't which is enough for me to stick to what I said before he ran ANY races.

Plus, I see the component which is missing. Clearly you don't.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline keelz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 08:15:42 AM »
yo.................A.B     izza real high man.....lol,,,,,,,,,,,
keston bleadman.............9.97

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 10:26:51 AM »
Uh no. 9.71 growing on a tree somewhere? I'm 70-30 he won't which is enough for me to stick to what I said before he ran ANY races.

No I dont see what you see, but I was sporting in giving you a chance.  Cant seh I ddnt warn yuh.
Barring injury you will see a 9.6x in 2010. I see it in the stars. LoL

Good thing is that we both will be here at the end of the year and man up to whatever style ah crow gonna be served.

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 10:36:16 AM »

No I dont see what you see, but I was sporting in giving you a chance.  Cant seh I ddnt warn yuh.

Good thing is that we both will be here at the end of the year and man up to whatever style ah crow gonna be served.

the only way he running 9.6x this year is if Brown dey to push him!

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 04:51:08 PM »

Brown has left MVP. He has never pushed Asafa and Asafa has never needed a push to run a WR, save for Zurich 2006.

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 09:48:19 PM »

Brown has left MVP. He has never pushed Asafa and Asafa has never needed a push to run a WR, save for Zurich 2006.

It was lost on you willi!  lol

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 02:57:37 AM »
True. LoL

I didn' realize it was you.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 02:33:05 AM »

How you like the sub 20 with zero wind and a jogged curve?  ::)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 07:16:35 PM »
Well this is the missing component I was referring to, but no, sub 20 #2 all time doesn't scare me. Concerned a bit maybe lol
BORN TO DO IT

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 05:38:15 AM »
Well this is the missing component I was referring to, but no, sub 20 #2 all time doesn't scare me. Concerned a bit maybe lol

LoL

OK

I know he has been doing lots of overdistance, so that did not concern me. It has been showing in his last 40ms of his recent 100m races.  9.6x, here we come!!!!

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 05:35:18 PM »
See, Bolt has people thinking 9.6 grow on trees now. Asafa might never run 9.6 in his whole career.

BORN TO DO IT

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 09:32:53 AM »
See, Bolt has people thinking 9.6 grow on trees now. Asafa might never run 9.6 in his whole career.

Is me yuh talking to.

I dont make this prediction based on Bolt! Asafa SHOULD have touched 9.6 BEFORE Bolt. Asafa got too complacent.

Recall that Asafa ran a 9.72s race in Lausanne 2008 and the wind was only +0.2ms.

That told me all I needed to know.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 10:03:14 AM »
Ato remember one thing Powell has ALWAYS  PR/SB from mid-August to early September every season since 2002. He hasn't been in this kind of form and health since 2006, so you keep playing doubting Thomas. Only headwinds will keep Powell from joining the sub-9.7 club this year. ;D
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline scorpionking

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 01:00:34 PM »
I agree, once the real running starts in earnest the times will fall. Asafa is right where he needs to be. If he continues down this current path he gets there and not be by some 2.0 happenstance either. Is that a word?!

Don't make me draw my literary licence on yinna...LOL. Oh there I go again, dare anyone to define that one ..:rotfl:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 01:08:46 PM by scorpionking »

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 07:05:20 PM »
The problem is it's always related to some race from 4 years ago that he should have could have -

means little....once those performances are gone they are gone....ask me how I know.

You use them as proof that it's coming, I say they are likely more gone. than coming. This year looks good so far, but I will stick to my guns, knowing Asafa has the ability to do it, but still knowing how rare 9.6 really is. 2 men in history have run that fast, and one of them had a 2.0 wind behind him.

BORN TO DO IT

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 01:55:31 AM »
Sept 2008 is not even 2 years ago. The salient point is that he finally wintered well and is injury free for the first time in years. Based on that trajectory and the fact that he has already run one BASIC 9.7x this year and another mildly windy 9.72s on the Oslo dead track, I would say my bet is safe.

I admire your bravado in your bet. It makes it interesting and fun, but I think you gonna lose BIG. I think we may see more than one 9.6x legal from him this year.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 04:35:06 AM »
Sept 2008 is not even 2 years ago. The salient point is that he finally wintered well and is injury free for the first time in years. Based on that trajectory and the fact that he has already run one BASIC 9.7x this year and another mildly windy 9.72s on the Oslo dead track, I would say my bet is safe.

I admire your bravado in your bet. It makes it interesting and fun, but I think you gonna lose BIG. I think we may see more than one 9.6x legal from him this year.

Hey Willi, as Ato said 9.6xs don't grow on trees, only 2 in history so far!
But I'll sit this one out on the fence!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 08:21:02 AM »
I agree, once the real running starts in earnest the times will fall. Asafa is right where he needs to be. If he continues down this current path he gets there and not be by some 2.0 happenstance either. Is that a word?!

Don't make me draw my literary licence on yinna...LOL. Oh there I go again, dare anyone to define that one ..:rotfl:

lol I not touching that lol

1]; } ?>