March 29, 2024, 12:07:35 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 51 - Round of 16 - England vs Germany  (Read 35169 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 51 - Round of 16 - England vs Germany
« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
Oezil is not Usain Bolt  :rotfl:  Mcnaman good kill me here yes  :rotfl:

Notice how honest he was in his assessment of the enlish team too eh.....

Correk
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2010, 10:20:09 AM »
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
100 years of bad luck to England for cheating against my soca warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh ?..when did England cheat against socawarriors ?..the referee was from which part of England?..and in what game ?..

You had to be joking right!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJrHkMc5_J8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JURU3iFmRxs&feature=related
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 10:24:39 AM by Trinione »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 27, 2010, 10:20:55 AM »
  Yuh wasting yuh time, Observer....dat is de same know-it-all yuh schoolin' that didn't know yuh couldn't be offside on a throw-in.  Careful he doh tell yuh yuh don't know nutting! 

When have you EVER seen me argue about offside on a throw-in??  Everybody know yuh can't be offside on a throw in or a corner kick.  I have no problems admitting saying that I just learning about the goal-kick rule.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 27, 2010, 10:24:32 AM »
  Yuh wasting yuh time, Observer....dat is de same know-it-all yuh schoolin' that didn't know yuh couldn't be offside on a throw-in.  Careful he doh tell yuh yuh don't know nutting! 

When have you EVER seen me argue about offside on a throw-in??  Everybody know yuh can't be offside on a throw in or a corner kick.  I have no problems admitting saying that I just learning about the goal-kick rule.

I eh sayin you argued it....I simply remember a thread where you displayed your lack of knowledge of it and it wasn't that long ago, either........but I eh going and dig it up. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 27, 2010, 10:27:44 AM »
Maybe, FIFA may feel sorry for England and award them the World Cup in 2018.

Good...then they wouldn't have far to travel when they get the cut arse!!!

GERMANY IN DEY $%^$%&!!

:rotfl:

Daiz good talk dey. As an England fan, I woulda be vex to travel all the way to South Africa to see my team, disallowed goal notwithstanding, be so incontinent on the African continent.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 27, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
f**king Robbed....great response by England though...45 more to go...epic game

What going on in de Magician's household dis mawnin? You is ah big time England fan, and yuh fadda is ah big time Germany and England fan. One ah allyuh go hadda leave de house.  :devil:

Entire TV Room is just English and German flags,scarves and shirts lol

the crossing the line moment was interesting...he get quiet

He on top the world now...but they deserved it over 90 but 4-1 flattered the scum....2-2 would have changed the game

Oh well..typical day for an English Fan

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 27, 2010, 10:28:06 AM »
Again...yuh not serious.

Rooney set ups a goal yet?

Had a good game yet?

Is in Golden Ball consideration yet?

If yuh feel Messi having a bad WC because he ent score yet yuh missing a lot.

Where have you seen me say Messi having a bad World Cup?  

The focus has been on Rooney not scoring, but Rooney cannot do it by himself.  Yuh can't set up goal if yuh team not scoring goals.  England score a total of three goals this tournament.  THREE.  How is that Rooney's fault?

Put Rooney on Argentina and put Messi on England and Messi would be just as invisible while Rooney probably would have scored already.  How many scoring opportunities has England had compared to Argentina?  Rooney relies on service from midfield, precisely where England has had their offensive struggles.  So much so tht Rooney has been dropping further and further back to try and become involved.  He's had to work twice as hard as Messi to compensate for the lack of opportunities, and lack of talent around him.  Is not like he's been invisible, he just hasn't factored much into the offense but he hustling and helping in other areas.  Messi and the other so-called stars haven't had to do that.

I eh sayin you argued it....I simply remember a thread where you displayed your lack of knowledge of it and it wasn't that long ago, either........but I eh going and dig it up. 

Yuh eh go dig it up because it doh exist.  I engage in talk about offside three times on this site... Italy v. TnT at the youth WC; Mexico v. South Africa two weeks ago, and now.  But yuh free to keep up with yuh
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 10:31:36 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #217 on: June 27, 2010, 10:37:23 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LSr4QnwOePQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LSr4QnwOePQ</a>

I hear Rooney moving into a trailer.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #218 on: June 27, 2010, 10:40:55 AM »
 Germany were clearly the better team coming in, I dunno what shit JDB talking about both teams being equal in talent.  Germany have a wealth of options of front and have more cohesive mid-field play, even if we were to give Lampard and Gerrard the edge on individual talent over Ozul, Schweinsteiger Podolski et al... which is a dicey call.  Let's not even talk about the defensive backline of both teams.

Me eh really care, I still supporting my side win or lose.

Talent is a measure of individual players. Clearly Germany are a better team but their is no gulf if you sum the individuals. For example so say that the defences are not comparable but Friedrich, Mertesacker and Boateng are not head and shoulders above Cole, Terry and Upson. But they play better together, and based on the first goal they obviously communicate better. Likewise Ozil, Podolski and co are more exciting prospects but the plays they make are no different to what England players do at their clubs or sporadically for England. England just is not a good enough team for the players to make each other better. That is why this England crop usually looks worse in a tournament setting than club and German players are the opposite. Part of it is mentality and the over-dependence on the crossball but they have the talent to do otherwise, they just don't do it.

This is nothing new for England and Germany. Neither of them are Brazil or Argentina in terms of ability but the Germans always outplay the English in the big games (with a few exceptions).

Germany is an excellent tournament team. When those players get into a 2 or 3 week camp you always see a marked improvement on the team that showed up in qualifying. They are more disciplined, more intelligent, more versatile and absorb drills and tactics better than most other players certainly better than England.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #219 on: June 27, 2010, 10:45:43 AM »
 Germany were clearly the better team coming in, I dunno what shit JDB talking about both teams being equal in talent.  Germany have a wealth of options of front and have more cohesive mid-field play, even if we were to give Lampard and Gerrard the edge on individual talent over Ozul, Schweinsteiger Podolski et al... which is a dicey call.  Let's not even talk about the defensive backline of both teams.

Me eh really care, I still supporting my side win or lose.

Talent is a measure of individual players. Clearly Germany are a better team but their is no gulf if you sum the individuals. For example so say that the defences are not comparable but Friedrich, Mertesacker and Boateng are not head and shoulders above Cole, Terry and Upson. But they play better together, and based on the first goal they obviously communicate better. Likewise Ozil, Podolski and co are more exciting prospects but the plays they make are no different to what England players do at their clubs or sporadically for England. England just is not a good enough team for the players to make each other better. That is why this England crop usually looks worse in a tournament setting than club and German players are the opposite. Part of it is mentality and the over-dependence on the crossball but they have the talent to do otherwise, they just don't do it.

This is nothing new for England and Germany. Neither of them are Brazil or Argentina in terms of ability but the Germans always outplay the English in the big games (with a few exceptions).

Germany is an excellent tournament team. When those players get into a 2 or 3 week camp you always see a marked improvement on the team that showed up in qualifying. They are more disciplined, more intelligent, more versatile and absorb drills and tactics better than most other players certainly better than England.
I judge talent by who tackle,trap, pass , dribble and shoot better . Clearly Germany has more talent than England especially going forward. No disrespect to Rooney.

giggsy11

« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2010, 10:51:50 AM »
I think the Germans have a system and the ability to create goal scoring opportunites as well as to take some of the opportunities. England started off with a deficit in the area of creativity which did not bode well for their forwards or team.

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2010, 10:54:04 AM »
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
100 years of bad luck to England for cheating against my soca warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh ?..when did England cheat against socawarriors ?..the referee was from which part of England?..and in what game ?..

ENT!!?!?! Sando prince WHAT DE ASS YOU SMOKING!?!?! Where the hell were you when Crouch screwed us in Nuremberg when he pulled Sancho's hair  to score the first goal eh???

AirMan

« Reply #222 on: June 27, 2010, 10:54:14 AM »
World Cup 2010: Fabio Capello points to disallowed goal

Coach Fabio Capello said the referee's decision to rule out England's second 'goal' was the turning point during the 4-1 defeat by Germany at the World Cup.

With Germany 2-1 ahead, Frank Lampard's first-half strike hit the bar then landed about a foot over the line, but it was disallowed.

"It was the most important moment of the game," said the England boss, after his team exited at the last-16 stage.

"Where is the technology? Instead we are talking about goal or no goal."

Both Uruguayan referee Jorge Larrionda and his assistant Mauricio Espinosa appeared to have a good view of where the ball had landed but deemed that the ball had not crossed the goalline. Continue.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8766242.stm

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 27, 2010, 10:57:19 AM »

I will say it again.  Individually, England may have the edge with Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney.  Outside of that Germany is either even or ahead on the individual talent.  Collectively, the talent of the English team was never on par with that of the German team at this cup.  England just doesn't have the horses... even I as a diehard could admit as much.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 27, 2010, 10:57:39 AM »
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENT!!?!?! Sando prince WHAT DE ASS YOU SMOKING!?!?! Where the hell were you when Crouch screwed us in Nuremberg when he pulled Sancho's hair  to score the first goal eh???

You and Trinione must be some emotional kids to believe England cheat T&T in that game...the referee is the one who make the calls but continue hating on England fuh future world cups maybe we can make another world cup one day so one of our players can pull an englishman hair so allyuh could fel better  :D

allyuh remind me of some dillusional fellas in here who still have heartache from 1989, saying the USA robbed T&T
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 10:59:55 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2010, 10:58:10 AM »

4-2 , still 4 though

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2010, 10:58:39 AM »
Again...yuh not serious.

Rooney set ups a goal yet?

Had a good game yet?

Is in Golden Ball consideration yet?

If yuh feel Messi having a bad WC because he ent score yet yuh missing a lot.

Where have you seen me say Messi having a bad World Cup?  

The focus has been on Rooney not scoring, but Rooney cannot do it by himself.  Yuh can't set up goal if yuh team not scoring goals.  England score a total of three goals this tournament.  THREE.  How is that Rooney's fault?

Put Rooney on Argentina and put Messi on England and Messi would be just as invisible while Rooney probably would have scored already.  How many scoring opportunities has England had compared to Argentina?  Rooney relies on service from midfield, precisely where England has had their offensive struggles.  So much so tht Rooney has been dropping further and further back to try and become involved.  He's had to work twice as hard as Messi to compensate for the lack of opportunities, and lack of talent around him.  Is not like he's been invisible, he just hasn't factored much into the offense but he hustling and helping in other areas.  Messi and the other so-called stars haven't had to do that.

Please stop. Trust me that is not a sound argument if you actually watch the games. I am a big United fan, back England for years, think Rooney is a great player and expect to pass Lineker's record and hopes he will pass Charlton's for United but...

he has had a wretched World Cup. Despite the issues with the rest of the team Rooney cannot blame his team for not being able to trap the ball or lay it off to a team-mate. He has not scored since March and he has always been a streaky striker. He definitely should not have played that 2nd leg against Bayern and he is paying for it now. You could understand why he played badly but that doesn't change the fact that his play has been piss poor.

Messi on the other hand while not scoring has created goals for Argentina and has made the side tick. To make a comparison of Messi and Rooney in this tournament based on goals is to miss the point that Messi has made Argentina better while Rooney has not done the same for England, despite all this running back. On current from, if Rooney wasn't named Rooney you could make a good argument to drop him.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 27, 2010, 10:59:19 AM »
You and Trinione must be some emotional kids to believe England cheat T&T in that game...the referee make decisions..

allyuh remind me of some dillusional fellas in here who still have heartache from 1989, saying the USA robbed T&T

Crouch cheated... no denying that.  It's hard to say England still would not have gotten their result though... I dunno why men still carrying feelings about that four years later.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2010, 11:00:11 AM »
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and Trinione must be some emotional kids to believe England cheat T&T in that game...the referee make decisions..

What ...

In what part of the universe is pulling a players hair not a foul. ?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2010, 11:01:35 AM »
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

What ...

In what part of the universe is pulling a players hair not a foul. ?

who said it was not a foul ?..or maybe you want to point that out

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 27, 2010, 11:03:54 AM »

Crouch cheated... no denying that.  It's hard to say England still would not have gotten their result though... I dunno why men still carrying feelings about that four years later.

its lthe same as Dempsey hitting that Slovenia player with an elbow and not being carded...its the referee decision to make calls...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 27, 2010, 11:05:45 AM »
Please stop. Trust me that is not a sound argument if you actually watch the games. I am a big United fan, back England for years, think Rooney is a great player and expect to pass Lineker's record and hopes he will pass Charlton's for United but...

he has had a wretched World Cup. Despite the issues with the rest of the team Rooney cannot blame his team for not being able to trap the ball or lay it off to a team-mate. He has not scored since March and he has always been a streaky striker. He definitely should not have played that 2nd leg against Bayern and he is paying for it now. You could understand why he played badly but that doesn't change the fact that his play has been piss poor.

Messi on the other hand while not scoring has created goals for Argentina and has made the side tick. To make a comparison of Messi and Rooney in this tournament based on goals is to miss the point that Messi has made Argentina better while Rooney has not done the same for England, despite all this running back. On current from, if Rooney wasn't named Rooney you could make a good argument to drop him.

Something wrong with your comprehension or what?  The point isn't to compare Rooney to Messi but to show that the simple fact that Rooney hasn't scored doesn't mean that he's had a disastrous WC.  This has become a long drawn out discussion because you chose to make it one.  Man making light sarcastic comments about Rooney not scoring and I responded in kind about Messi not scoring.  The fact remains that even if we are to concede that some of Rooney's struggles are attributable to poor form, a lot has to do with the collective struggles of the team.  This is where the comparison comes in... is Argentina clicking BECAUSE of Messi or are they clicking IN SPITE of his lack of goals?  I say they have enough talent to compensate for the fact that he hasn't gotten in on the score sheet.  I also say that he's playing a big part in their success b/c whatever they're getting from him is supplemented by the activity of his teammates.  This cannot be said for Rooney, so whatever little he's giving England, the deficit seems amplified by the fact that nothing is coming of his efforts.  You putting that failure on him, I'm saying that much of it goes to his teammates as well.

Individual talent goes only but so far, and this England team has been so abyssmal this Cup that no one player was going to carry that squad.  But then again, you's the man arguing that England and Germany have equal talent... so maybe we juss seeing things differently where that team is concerned.  If they have as much talent as you believe they do then no wonder you putting so much blame on Rooney for not pulling his weight, as you see it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 11:09:02 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 27, 2010, 11:06:37 AM »

4-2 , still 4 though

2-2...Germany may not have gone on to score 2 goals on the counterattack...England needed a goal in the second half and had to gamble... that 3rd German goal just highlighted how much of a f**king shitsnake Gareth Barry and G.Johnson are...

And people wanna say Neville is shit...Johnson is a waste of time..no IQ and people only like him because he like to bomb forward....a shithong can run down a wing...its what he does with the ball and more importantly off the ball makes him a good RB..and Johnson is f**king shit

Barry...my god...A fit Hargreaves would have been the perfect player for that position...Scholes would have fit the bill too...even Carrick would have offered a better passing range and class....

Heskey....I cannot believe that man was in the 23...and to think he start 2 and came on in 2 when Crouch who is a handful and SCORES goals for England just wasted on the bench

A combination of Fabio and English Media and a few players blew a nation's dream...

Get in Harry Redknapp...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 27, 2010, 11:06:44 AM »

Coach Fabio Capello said the referee's decision to rule out England's second 'goal' was the turning point during the 4-1 defeat by Germany at the World Cup.

This is the thing about that disallowed goal.  Everybody supporting the English will use it as an excuse for the cut arse dey get.  Explain to me how, at 2 - 1 down and the English pushing forward made them "vulnerable" at the back??  You are a goal down in a must win game so what was the team to do??  

If the goal had counted and it was 2 - 2 in a must win game, would England STILL not have to push forward??  Wouldn't they STILL have been "vulnerable" at the back??

I don't like this disallowed goal dotishness and it eh look like FIFA have any plan to fix it but puhlease English supporters, disallowed goal or no disallowed goal, England were beaten by the better side....wheel and come again....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

AirMan

« Reply #234 on: June 27, 2010, 11:09:26 AM »
Allyuh should really take a few mins to read some of the comments from English fans under this

artice..http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/match-report/0,28360,12097_3287499,00.html

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #235 on: June 27, 2010, 11:10:40 AM »

4-2 , still 4 though

2-2...Germany may not have gone on to score 2 goals on the counterattack...England needed a goal in the second half and had to gamble... that 3rd German goal just highlighted how much of a f**king shitsnake Gareth Barry and G.Johnson are...

And people wanna say Neville is shit...Johnson is a waste of time..no IQ and people only like him because he like to bomb forward....a shithong can run down a wing...its what he does with the ball and more importantly off the ball makes him a good RB..and Johnson is f**king shit

Barry...my god...A fit Hargreaves would have been the perfect player for that position...Scholes would have fit the bill too...even Carrick would have offered a better passing range and class....

Heskey....I cannot believe that man was in the 23...and to think he start 2 and came on in 2 when Crouch who is a handful and SCORES goals for England just wasted on the bench

A combination of Fabio and English Media and a few players blew a nation's dream...

Get in Harry Redknapp...
The same jackass defending that England had on the first 2 was employed on the last 2. Germany are well worth their 4 goals. I agree that Johnson is a total waste though.  

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 27, 2010, 11:11:06 AM »
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and Trinione must be some emotional kids to believe England cheat T&T in that game...the referee is the one who make the calls but continue hating on England fuh future world cups maybe we can make another world cup one day so one of our players can pull an englishman hair so allyuh could fel better  :D

steups, breds let me tote feelings if i want to nah.
crouch bein a member of d england team, fouled one of our players which resulted in a goal. d ref 'didnt' see it yes, but dat doh change d fact dat england cheated.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 27, 2010, 11:12:47 AM »
Capello seems to like slow logs running around on the field
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #238 on: June 27, 2010, 11:13:42 AM »
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

steups, breds let me tote feelings if i want to nah.
crouch bein a member of d england team, fouled one of our players which resulted in a goal. d ref 'didnt' see it yes, but dat doh change d fact dat england cheated.
Thanks, I really didn't have the patience to break it down for him like that.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 27, 2010, 11:14:19 AM »

This is the thing about that disallowed goal.  Everybody supporting the English will use it as an excuse for the cut arse dey get.  Explain to me how, at 2 - 1 down and the English pushing forward made them "vulnerable" at the back??  You are a goal down in a must win game so what was the team to do??  

If the goal had counted and it was 2 - 2 in a must win game, would England STILL not have to push forward??  Wouldn't they STILL have been "vulnerable" at the back??

I don't like this disallowed goal dotishness and it eh look like FIFA have any plan to fix it but puhlease English supporters, disallowed goal or no disallowed goal, England were beaten by the better side....wheel and come again....

No they wouldn't.   Come on youself.  England was selling out in the second half to get even because the longer they went thru the game trailing the less likely they would have been to equalize.  They were playing a younger, more potent German team.  If the score remained 2-1 as the game got longer and English legs got wearier then there was no way they were coming back to tie Germany.  They had to go for broke early and by pushing Gerrard and Lampard even further forward, and encouraging Cole and Johnson to attack as they did that left the wings open to the counter and left Terry and Upson (already compromised) even more exposed.

They had absolutely no choice but to gamble and get back in the game.  I don't mind people saying Germany would have eventually won, but let's not fool ourselves with this nonsense argument that the disallowed goal made no difference.  2-2 and you play for the draw if necessary, and take your chances on penalty kicks.

1]; } ?>