March 28, 2024, 10:17:43 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 52 - Round of 16: Argentina vs Mexico  (Read 18927 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 52 - Round of 16: Argentina vs Mexico
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2010, 11:32:21 PM »
Germany will break Argentina defence but Argentia midfield/frontline is the best in this world cup and will be too much for Germany in the end..I see a victory for Argentina in the Quarterfinal.

If Maradona win this world cup Pele will not be able to sleep for many nights  :devil:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 08:23:58 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2010, 11:45:50 PM »
Jai! ah ent feel yuh boy Messi scoring any goals dis tournament neh.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2010, 06:28:12 AM »

Quite frankly if Argentina wins the WC he won't care.  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2010, 08:47:07 AM »
not no Argentina fan..........but I'sa messi fan "fus player ah buy for chelsea in fifa09 manager mode ;D" but I digress, d man doin ah job an' he doin it well,....MAKIN SPACE, allyuh ent see how much man does be arrong he when he have d ball, an u ent how many times he does fight or finesse he way free to create opportunity for tevez an' dem...........d man wukkin, end ah story!

dey goin home jus now doh 8) ::)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 08:59:25 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2010, 06:57:33 PM »

nah man. give the man he bligh.
All these years he stuffing villareal down we throat to no reward, that is faith!

Let him play himself for as long as he can. De rope go give out soon enough... :D

ps Jai, you living in the past. De last time Argentina beat Brazil 3-0 T&T wasn't even a republic yet. In fact, all yuh can't see your way for de last 5 years...how much it is? something like 2 goals scored to 13 collected?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:19:57 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2010, 08:00:08 PM »
http://guardian.co.tt/sports/football/2010/06/28/only-good-football-will-survive

Corneal must be have he own brand of TV. Argentina was in the clinic until they score. Mex hit de crossbar and had two other close chances before Arg wake up.  Dis man does write real, real tata yuh know.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2010, 08:03:04 PM »

nah man. give the man he bligh.
All these years he stuffing villareal down we throat to no reward, that is faith!

Let him play himself for as long as he can. De rope go give out soon enough... :D

ps Jai, you living in the past. De last time Argentina beat Brazil 3-0 T&T wasn't even a republic yet. In fact, all yuh can't see your way for de last 5 years...how much it is? something like 2 goals scored to 13 collected?

Midnight time to open yuh eyes so here goes ...The origins of the football rivalry between Argentina and Brazil can be traced to before football became so popular in both countries. During the colonization of America, Spain and Portugal  often fought each other to gain control over vast territories.

Today few remember wars and other political confrontations between both countries, and only recall matches, victories, goals and other sport-related incidents. Their rivalry is found in almost all sports, but a men's football match between Argentina and Brazil is one that neither side wants to lose, and often acquires more importance than the championship within which it takes place. To exemplify the intensity of this rivalry, is enough to remember that after the 1946 incidents (see below), the two teams did not play against each other for ten years; either team would decline to play a given cup so that they would never have to play against the neighbouring country.
[edit] Games statistics
Matches    For Argentina    Draw    For Brazil    Goals
89    33    23    33    143/137[1]
Championship Titles    Argentina    Brazil
World Cup    2    5
Copa América
Panamerican Championship[2] (d)    15    10
Confederations Cup
Artemio Franchi Trophy[3] (d)    2    3
Olympic Gold[4]    2    0
Pan American Games    6    4
U-20 World Cup[5]    6    4
U-17 World Cup[6]    0    3
South American U-20 Championship    4    10
South American U-17 Championship    2    9
South American U-15 Championship    0    2
CONMEBOL Men Pre-Olympic Tournament[7] (d)    4    7

Since their first match in 1914, the national teams have played 93 matches counting friendlies, World Cup, and other official competitions (excluding matches between youth sides).

Even though there is a difference depending on whether the Argentine Football Association (AFA) or the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) does the counting, the near-balance is not in dispute. Of the 89 matches played between both national teams, 23 were draws, 33 were Brazilian victories and 33 for Argentina, with 143 goals for Argentina and 137 for Brazil. Only counting World Cup matches Brazil is ahead with 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss, whereas in the Copa América, Argentina has 15 victories, 8 draws and 9 defeats. Of 46 friendly matches, 18 were for Brazil, 15 for Argentina and 13 were draws. Since the first match between the two countries in 1914, the 1970s proved to be dark times for Argentina, with 6 defeats, 4 draws and no victories. Biggest wins are, for Argentina 6–1 (at home in Buenos Aires, 1940) and 1–5 (away at Rio de Janeiro, 1939), for Brazil 6–2 (at home in Rio de Janeiro, 1945 and 1960) and 1–4 (away at Buenos Aires, 1960).[8]

Argentina and Brazil's last continental final match took place on July 15, 2007 at Estadio José Pachencho Romero in Maracaibo, Venezuela and was the final match of Copa América 2007 which Brazil won by the score of 3–0. The first goal was scored by Júlio Baptista, while the second one was an own goal by Roberto Ayala after a pass attempt by Brazil's Dani Alves, who also scored the last goal.

The latest match between the two teams was for the 2010 World Cup qualifiers held on 5 September 2009 in Rosario, Argentina. Brazil won with two goals of Luís Fabiano and the final score of 3–1.

.....so depending on the era one team might have the ascendancy ....but we are both still in this competition so what matters is not so much the past but the present and future .
So who you backing ?

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2010, 08:08:32 PM »
Argentina and Germany have the best attacking players and they both have the worst defenders among the big teams, should make for a very exciting game.  Somebody winning 3-2.

Name these worst defenders among de good teams and who in de bigger teams clearly better. Eng, France & Italy gone home, how much big team left incl. Arg & Germany.  Spain now cutting they teeth in WC excellence and so is Portugal. Holland still trying to win de damn Cup.  All four Brazilians in de back eh solid.  None of de teams left have a real cork lock down back four.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »

You would not perhaps have a house and land in west or Eastmoorings that you want to part with ? If so just keep talking like that and you might get your dream ... :beermug:

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Chicharito is the fastest player in the World Cup
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2010, 08:32:16 PM »

Chicharito is the fastest player in the World Cup

By Daryl Grove

The FIFA egghead department has done some World Cup number crunching, and released its group stage stats. Good news is that all empirical evidence points to Sunday's Mexico vs Argentina Round of 16 game being awesome - numbers wise - as it features two of World Cup 2010's statistical leaders.

Argentina's Leo Messi had the most shots on target in the group stage with 11, and also shares the lead for most solo runs, as both he and Brazil's Maicon got dribbly with it 18 times. Argentina striker Gonzalo Higuain is also joint top top scorer with three goals, a record he shares with Spain's David Villa, Slovakia's Robert Vittek, and now Ghana's Asamoah Gyan.

The numbers don't all favor Argentina though. Mexico's Javier Hernandez has been clocked as the fastest player in the World Cup so far, with FIFA's speed guns (I'm assuming they use speed guns) catching the man they call Chicharito (The Little Pea) doing a top speed of 32.15 kph. That's close to 20 mph, for those of who don't speak metric. Not too fast for a car. But far too fast for most defenders.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2010, 03:32:45 AM »
.....so depending on the era one team might have the ascendancy ....but we are both still in this competition so what matters is not so much the past but the present and future .
So who you backing ?

Stop asking answers nah.

I go take a sour Dungaesque Brazil over a resplendent Primadonna Argentina any day.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2010, 07:02:01 AM »
So who you backing ?

Stop asking answers nah.

I go take a sour Dungaesque Brazil over a resplendent Primadonna Argentina any day.

So you backing Brazil ? or you not backing Argentina ? Ah find it have plenty passengers looking for seats now that their ship has been sunk ..we full eh pardner ! Some peeps eh saying who dey supporting ...dey backing every winning team !
You not on dat though ???

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2010, 09:31:48 AM »
Argentina and Germany have the best attacking players and they both have the worst defenders among the big teams, should make for a very exciting game.  Somebody winning 3-2.

Name these worst defenders among de good teams and who in de bigger teams clearly better. Eng, France & Italy gone home, how much big team left incl. Arg & Germany.  Spain now cutting they teeth in WC excellence and so is Portugal. Holland still trying to win de damn Cup.  All four Brazilians in de back eh solid.  None of de teams left have a real cork lock down back four.

IMO, as a defensive unit argentina and germany not looking very strong, right now Brazil (bastos only weak link), Uruguay and Holland (not really tested much) looking the best.  Also I am considering the support they get from midfield in terms of defending.

Lucio, maicon and Juan playing very well and as a team they are good with Melo and Gilberto Silva helping Bastos. Julio Cesar in goal (nuff said)

Fucile, Godin and Pereira may not be the great when it comes to individual talent but as a team they defend very well.  Lugano is a boss.  Plus their midfielders get back in defence very quickly after losing the ball. Their keeper Muslera might be the weakest link.

Germany left back Badstuber was a disaster until he got replaced by boating who is slightly better.  Friedrich is still trying to adjust to playing in the center of defence after being a right back for many years so his positioning is off on a regular basis, mertesacker is solid and lahm is a boss.  I have doubts about Neuer in goal, looking a little shaky so far.

Gutierrez a big disaster at right back until maradona fixed it with Otamendi (a central defender), otamendi is a very talented player and I expect big clubs to chase him but right now he lacks experience at the international level and he is very new to the right back role (often left for dead after attack break down..ozil will have a field day). Demichelis is simply a shit snake.  Burdisso is solid but he known for lapses in concentration at crucial moments, Samuel who started prior to him is till their best defender from a technical standpoint but he is very slow these days.  Heinze is solid.  Romero hasn’t been tested a lot but so far his positioning is poor but he looks like a keeper who play crap then save nuff penalties in a shootout.

Holland hasn’t been tested much but so far they looking good but the jury is still out but after their next game we will know for sure.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2010, 01:45:24 PM »
So who you backing ?

Stop asking answers nah.

So you backing Brazil ? or you not backing Argentina ? Ah find it have plenty passengers looking for seats now that their ship has been sunk ..we full eh pardner ! Some peeps eh saying who dey supporting ...dey backing every winning team !
You not on dat though ???

Mih father have a Brazil scrapbook from 1970 and he teach me everything I know about football before 2000.
I backing Brazil since the first world cup I was old enough to watch and understand in 1994.
Is TT first, Brazil second and good football third.

I doh be shame to hold up me hand when my side playing shit, but never fear, mih side dey and dey waiting on yours ;)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2010, 02:00:29 PM »
Aguirre has resigned

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2010, 02:37:25 PM »
Aguirre has resigned

Saw the press conference. He didn't pull any punches. Took FULL responsibility; said he couldn't defend the indefensible. He even answered questions related to why players like Guardado did not start certain games. That stated ... many Mexicans have looked past Aguirre and lay the blame at the team owners who they see as not having Mexican football as a priority (many own other entities such as breweries and are regarded as treating football as a 5th or 6th priority (as one ESPN commentator railed ...

Other f**kery identified include giving Hugo Sanchez and Sven the job in the first place (this is viewed as delaying progress) ... Aguirre says a new coach should be put in place for the full 4 year cycle ... FMF president declined to discuss 'who' ... saying the press conference was about Aguirre (and out of respect for Aguirre, but he did outline the process that would be followed in choosing a name)

The general sentiment in Mexico is that they have systematic problems rather than a problem with the coach (although some sources ... me included are confounded about the use of Adolfo Bautista and others in a decisive game). Fellas in the media were literally SCREAMING and arguing with each other on the state of Mexican football. No direct blame was heard of Osorio for his pass that allowed the ARG 2-0 lead ... in fact, one commentator directly said their return from SA was much more about the football hierarchy than about the player's error.

Mexico is frustrated. Another second round exit ... and this one coincides with what they view as a generational transition to a possible golden generation ... Aguirre addressed the generation part by saying there were about 10 players in the current squad who will be key components for 2014 along with 5 other players who were in "the 30" named before the Cup but who were not selected to travel to SA ... according to him, add 5 or 6 players to that list and a full generational shift would be on.

Bottom line: Mexico if they pursue introspection will only become more worrisome in CONCACAF ... right now I think the unstated frustration for them is that they were unable to achieve separation from the US on the global stage ... they wanted that quarterfinal berth BADLY! Kinda burns them that both them and the US appear to be on level terms, especially given the different investment models both employ to achieve progress. What I caught of the the press conference was cordial. Says he's got 3 kids studying in 3 different countries ... time to handle their stories.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 04:52:39 PM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>