March 28, 2024, 11:30:57 PM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 58 - Quarter-finals: Uruguay vs Ghana  (Read 46284 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 58 - Quarter-finals: Uruguay vs Ghana
« Reply #330 on: July 08, 2010, 09:59:36 PM »
Nothing wrong with what Suarez did- but the shot of him celebrating the pk save was kinda rough- like it or not, part of the game or not, the deliberate hand ball was unsportsmanlike.  Holding back on his celebration of the pk save woulda been a decent move on his part. 
Ah guess nothing wrong wid what crouch did either right? after all , ah foul is ah foul. suarez got caught and crouch got away wid it.  carry on.

Dis what i saying... so the difference between being coronated and crucified is getting catch? really?

the act was unsportsmanlike and despicable... punto final.

Yuh wastin yuh time tryin to geh dat message across to some here, apparently once you operate within de rules of the game and maybe life as well, once it culd benefit you, go right ahead, to hells was wid who lorse, as we say home nah, who vex lorse, wonderful message

All cheaters are born equal... but some cheaters are more equal than others...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 09, 2010, 08:01:11 AM »
I misspoke when I said that there was "nothing wrong" with what he did.  It was more a loose figure of speech.  Obviously there was something wrong with it and that's why he AND his team were punished.  He was expelled from the game, suspended from the next match, and Ghana was awarded a penalty.  Other than that, that's about all we could ask for. 

He cheated and he was unsportsmanlike in his actions and he was punished for it- I'm at peace with that.

Ghana missing the penalty was just a piece of footballing injustice over which the infrastructure of the game has no control. That's life.  You can't award a goal if that ball doesn't cross the line because then you're entering a world where you're making a determination of what "would" have scored, and victims of other scenarios will jump in the argument which will open officiating up to too much subjectivity... Like ah say, that's life...as we say in Trini, hard luck...

The unsportsmanlike act of openly celebrating the penalty miss is the only part of it that I don't come to grips with.  It's the same with Henry when he cheated against Ireland- the celebration rubs it in...everyone makes mistakes and in the heat of the action even a decent person can commit an intentional wrong-doing but openly celebrating it shows a lack of remorse that's just not cool.

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 09, 2010, 08:54:28 AM »
Is only because the number 4 Fucile, in front of Suarez was a shitty goalkeeper, that Suarez was forced to
make the save  :devil:
Funny how sports are perceived, in basketball you are expected to foul to prevent the bucket or progress. No talk of sportsmanship at all  :devil:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 09, 2010, 08:56:22 AM »
I misspoke when I said that there was "nothing wrong" with what he did.  It was more a loose figure of speech.  Obviously there was something wrong with it and that's why he AND his team were punished.  He was expelled from the game, suspended from the next match, and Ghana was awarded a penalty.  Other than that, that's about all we could ask for. 

He cheated and he was unsportsmanlike in his actions and he was punished for it- I'm at peace with that.

Ghana missing the penalty was just a piece of footballing injustice over which the infrastructure of the game has no control. That's life.  You can't award a goal if that ball doesn't cross the line because then you're entering a world where you're making a determination of what "would" have scored, and victims of other scenarios will jump in the argument which will open officiating up to too much subjectivity... Like ah say, that's life...as we say in Trini, hard luck...

The unsportsmanlike act of openly celebrating the penalty miss is the only part of it that I don't come to grips with.  It's the same with Henry when he cheated against Ireland- the celebration rubs it in...everyone makes mistakes and in the heat of the action even a decent person can commit an intentional wrong-doing but openly celebrating it shows a lack of remorse that's just not cool.

Yuh almost called Just Cool name there man, yuh get away, that would have been guaranteed cuss up!   ;D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 09, 2010, 12:48:21 PM »

Yuh almost called Just Cool name there man, yuh get away, that would have been guaranteed cuss up!   ;D
Peter crouch meh bredder, i forgive you dear sir. after all everyone makes mistakes and in the heat of the action even ah decent person can commit an intentional wrong-doing.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:50:35 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 09, 2010, 01:50:47 PM »
Nothing wrong with what Suarez did- but the shot of him celebrating the pk save was kinda rough- like it or not, part of the game or not, the deliberate hand ball was unsportsmanlike.  Holding back on his celebration of the pk save woulda been a decent move on his part. 
Ah guess nothing wrong wid what crouch did either right? after all , ah foul is ah foul. suarez got caught and crouch got away wid it.  carry on.

Dis what i saying... so the difference between being coronated and crucified is getting catch? really?

the act was unsportsmanlike and despicable... punto final.

Yuh wastin yuh time tryin to geh dat message across to some here, apparently once you operate within de rules of the game and maybe life as well, once it culd benefit you, go right ahead, to hells was wid who lorse, as we say home nah, who vex lorse, wonderful message

All cheaters are born equal... but some cheaters are more equal than others...

Well I'm afraid to use the words ‘ Criminal Intent ‘ in a simple enough
discussion of a football game because of it's Buzz Phrase appeal but,
There are differing degrees of separation between: A player handling
a ball to gain a ½ step or a ½ second or any manner of an Unfair
Advantage on the field of play ; As opposed to, A player Deliberately
Handling a ball in the Goal Area in an attempt to negate an Inevitable
Goal. Intuitively,there's 180 ° of Intent between the two and Punitive
action for the latter should not be equated to Punitive action for the
former in the Name and Spirit of Fair Play.One is weighted heavier than
the other, NO ? ' Discretionary ' you say ! Well think about it for a while.
There needs to be no amending of the Rules and Bylaws of FIFA because
the Penalty for a Transgression of this Magnitude is already present within.
Any goalkeeper saving a looping shot pushes the ball outwards to prevent
the ball from crossing the plane.The URU player pushed the ball forward
away from the goal plane while falling backward into the goal.Now the only
device that can put to rest any doubts about a Goal is the High Speed
Camera that FIFA been known to mount atop the goal supports.Now Where's
the Footage/Handage ? Anybody see any yet ? This behavior does not promote
the essence/ideals of the beautiful game because what this does is,make a
mockery of the unwritten and highly accepted practice of honest sportsmen
kicking the ball into touch for teammates or opponents to receive help.
What we'll begin to see because of URU's behavior is comrades suspending the
unwritten code of conduct in the name of URGENCY to further their team/country.

WTF Allyuh ! Even De F**king MAFIA have Ah Code Ah Conduct.  Now tell meh !
Daiz who some ah we Embracing ???   Eh !!!      ANIMALES ???       

ZERO BALANCE ?   BANKRUPTCY ?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 01:52:53 PM by mwanasoka »
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #336 on: July 11, 2010, 08:40:45 AM »
Fack you yuh fat coceyey c@nt!! and while yuh @ it get ah new pair of coke bottles, since the ones yuh have making yuh see sh!t that didn't happen.

Just Cool easy nuh... fuh real.  Fuh ah man who doh like when black people get call names ah find yuh on ah real tangent these days by using all kinda racial invective against others.  I not trying to get into you and Feliziano thing, but he right tuh call yuh on it... de "spik" thing was unnecessary.
Breds, i have spanish blood bro! my grand mudda used tuh speak spansh fluently and is one ah dem cocospanish carib combination, she had no black blood whatsoever Bc she fardder was ah white blue eyed venezuelan and her mother pure carib.

i also have spanish cousins in arima so i doh hate spanish ppl in the least, what i do hate is the way they way they love tuh disrespect black ppl and does go on like they not part of the struggle, and the color concious ting is ah big part of their bullshyte culture.

yes i used the word spik, but i also use the word n!gger on here all the time and no body doh sweat it. is it BC i'm ah n!gger ppl does let it slide? but if i used another racial slur then it come like i and george wallace used tuh dress up in sheets together.

as for feliziano, that pr!ck like tuh come @ me like if man is lil boy! like he eh know i doh give ah fork about what he have tuh say if he go come @ me wid the mudda tone. they love tuh talk down @ big man instead ah reasoning wid ah fella.

yuhs ah man who does cuss nuff members and tell dem off wid all kind forkup expressions, yuh eh tinnk it have fagots on here who doh like tuh hear the word fagot? what about the females on the site who have tuh here man callin each other bitches, p#ssy, yuh mudda dis and yuh sister dat?

we like tuh play politically correct when it suit we or when it touch ah nerve, but when it fall in ah next man's garden we tend tuh look the other way.    HOW CONVENIENT.
show me where i talk down to you (if I did I apologise) and where you actually reason with somebody here.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>