April 25, 2024, 12:54:56 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 59 - Quarter-finals: Argentina vs Germany  (Read 27330 times)

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 59 - Quarter-finals: Argentina vs Germany
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2010, 09:52:40 AM »
4:0

Germany wins!

Klose ties the German WC goal record

Yes eman...congrats..
Two islands are better than one.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2010, 09:53:56 AM »
This game have meh feeling sick.

Congrats Eman, like yourself. Argentina had all the ball from the first goal till just before the 2nd but just couldn't work the ball into the box.

After this World Cup 4-2-3-1 counter attacking football will be the only way to play football.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2010, 09:55:46 AM »

Germany wins!

YEAH EMANNNNNNNNN ENJOY YUHSELF
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2010, 09:57:09 AM »
I think Argentina have to beat somebody head in with a bat to get a yellow. Real freedom with them nasty tackles.

true that , esp mascherano
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2010, 09:57:55 AM »

Germany wins!

Jesus Christ!! Thanks E-man, ah want to celebrate with she!!!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2010, 09:58:16 AM »
Germany all the way.......this game will be very onesided and will not live up to billing.

Two outta three eh bad....

Brazil was a surprise, thought their defence would carry them, but "say wha". I think they were just careless with Holland.
My final actually play already, and it was Germany - Ghana first round. Ghana was the only team I see make Germany sweat. Woulda like to see a replay.
Anyway, germany-Spain final maybe?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2010, 09:59:06 AM »

Germany wins!

Ah like dat bra
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2010, 09:59:37 AM »
Im glad they loose....Cheating South Americans

The same karma could haunt Germany before the tournament is over. Maybe, maybe not.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2010, 09:59:46 AM »
Come Germany make it an even number.

Looks like you got your wish.

The rout is complete.

Yep..Bye, bye Argentina.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2010, 10:01:26 AM »

Germany wins!

Ah like dat bra

Yeah me too, I would kick dat off real quick & start d football match yes!! And ah scoring 4 times before the game end over 90 mins!!!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2010, 10:01:45 AM »

The same karma could haunt Germany before the tournament is over. Maybe, maybe not.

aye aye!  :shameonyou: :shameonyou: :shameonyou:
:whip: watch yuhself
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 03, 2010, 10:01:49 AM »
Yuh know is real irony how Maradona confuse Mueller with a ball boy. Mueller outplay Messi and de camera only showing Maradona lifting ball for throw-in on the sidelines. Who de ball boy?

Thought the same thing. :)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 03, 2010, 10:01:56 AM »
Kinda ironic how South America start de knockout stage hot and sweaty and now when yuh look sharp they hopes come down to Paraguay and cheating-ass Uruguay.  So much for the paradigm shifting away from Europe.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 03, 2010, 10:04:34 AM »
Germany all the way.......this game will be very onesided and will not live up to billing.

Brazil was a surprise, thought their defence would carry them, but "say wha". I think they were just careless with Holland.
My final actually play already, and it was Germany - Ghana first round. Ghana was the only team I see make Germany sweat. Woulda like to see a replay.

Was referring tuh yuh prediction, lol

1. Germany all the way- check

2. Very one-sided- check

3. Not live up to its billing... eh, it was entertaining, unless yuh's ah Arentina fan.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 03, 2010, 10:06:54 AM »

Oh..hehe..thought yuh meant other game predictions...

Was referring tuh yuh prediction, lol

1. Germany all the way- check

2. Very one-sided- check

3. Not live up to its billing... eh, it was entertaining, unless yuh's ah Arentina fan.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 03, 2010, 10:10:37 AM »
This game have meh feeling sick.

Congrats Eman, like yourself. Argentina had all the ball from the first goal till just before the 2nd but just couldn't work the ball into the box.

After this World Cup 4-2-3-1 counter attacking football will be the only way to play football.

Jose Mourinho told them before the Wc is not about possession, but position. Argentina had trhe ball, but where did they have that ball is more important.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 03, 2010, 10:11:48 AM »

No that is the possible semi-final depending on how this evening goes....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 03, 2010, 10:13:29 AM »

I believe Serbia made Germany sweat.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 03, 2010, 10:17:26 AM »

aye aye!  :shameonyou: :shameonyou: :shameonyou:
:whip: watch yuhself

like yuh want eman to ban yuh from de site or wha?  ;D

dont cry for me argentina!!! LOL!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 03, 2010, 10:18:07 AM »

No long talk. This will be a good game but Argentina taking it.

Germany get flattered by a poor England team. If they give Argentina that mch possession Argentina will kill them. I also think that Argentina's defence is not as bad as people make out. Too bad Samuel not starting though. I would pick him over Demchelis. The one thing Argentina needs is for Mascherano to play out of his skin because Germany front 4 drops and defends better than Argentina's attackers

Imagine Germany did everything that yuh describe dey... defense wasn't that bad, Mascherano play outta he skin... dey even let Argentina dominate possession.... plus they find ah way to throw way nuff opportunities.  And still win comfortably.

Anybody willing to concede that Messi pop dung yet?

Jai John wha'ppen... Maradona di'n realize which team he was playing against or what?  Ent he does pick squad tuh suit de opponent?

Cant argue with you here ...I thought team selection lost the game for argentina. when i saw the team I thought ..well he there to see the the fellas in training but after 15 mins Maradona should have relasied that the 5 man german midfield was clearly superior to his with only one ball winner. as wellas mascherano he could not be everywhere and clearly needed help.
when maradona made his substitition he took off a defender and brought on another attacker ...so he probably decided ...lose by 1 lose by 5 same loss !
germany clearly superior in every department today.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 03, 2010, 10:19:11 AM »
If Spain wins later against Paraguay then it will be a Spain v Germany and Uruguay v Holland Semi-finals which can only mean Holland v Germany in the final.

So leh me jump in front and say congrats to E-Man as his team is the most likely one to win this 2010 World Cup!  ;)

Btw I supporting Germany 100% now that Brazil and Ghana is out!!  They treated us like celebrities for the World Cup in Germany 2006!! 8)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 03, 2010, 10:20:47 AM »
No long talk. This will be a good game but Argentina taking it.

Germany get flattered by a poor England team. If they give Argentina that mch possession Argentina will kill them. I also think that Argentina's defence is not as bad as people make out. Too bad Samuel not starting though. I would pick him over Demchelis. The one thing Argentina needs is for Mascherano to play out of his skin because Germany front 4 drops and defends better than Argentina's attackers

Imagine England did not receive the level of cutass that Argentina just did!

JDB that is a real hard luck that you were so wrong in your assessment.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 03, 2010, 10:21:34 AM »
Kinda ironic how South America start de knockout stage hot and sweaty and now when yuh look sharp they hopes come down to Paraguay and cheating-ass Uruguay.  So much for the paradigm shifting away from Europe.

Yep. Something will be made of this, and I'm sure Eurocentrists will find some form of justification and meaning in the outcome. However, as enthusiastic as I am about CONMEBOL teams , I'm sure it never pointed to a paradigm shift. That's easily a grand assertion. South American hopes typically rest on ARG and BRA ... regardless of what happens to PAR in a few hours, BRA's and ARG's elimination is a bigger story than URU's roll into the semis.

If memory serves accurately, the most recent prospect of a CONMEBOL team aside from BRA and ARG getting to the quarters was PAR, foiled by Laurent Blanc's '98 golden goal.

The reality is BRA had the clearest path to the semis and squandered it. In my view, there won't be a pan-South American wave akin to the pan-African support witnessed by the Ghanaians. At this stage of the Cup, given the eliminations, I think football purists will prevail over sentimental interests.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 03, 2010, 10:24:18 AM »
All the German goals come from the same left side.  Argentina play too narrow on the entire pitch, making it easy for the Germans  to bottle them up and the little piece of magic they were hoping for from Tevez and Messi never materialized. Always fizzling out into a wall of black. Higuain should have been causing issues, but couldn't stay onside.

Argentina will get pong for various reasons, but like England, they have to clear out all the old players. The youths need to step up. Diego need to step down. He wasn't terrible, but he is not the saviour of Argentinian football.

Matchups are always interesting to note. My good friend who is a German says, we beat Argentina. No problem. Why? Because Germany always beats Argentina in the World Cup! Our problem is Italy and Brazil. As long as someone else knocks them out, we are good!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 03, 2010, 10:28:38 AM »

Matchups are always interesting to note. My good friend who is a German says, we beat Argentina. No problem. Why? Because Germany always beats Argentina in the World Cup! Our problem is Italy and Brazil. As long as someone else knocks them out, we are good!

true.
(Muslim)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 03, 2010, 10:35:26 AM »
If Spain wins later against Paraguay then it will be a Spain v Germany and Uruguay v Holland Semi-finals which can only mean Holland v Germany in the final.
So leh me jump in front and say congrats to E-Man as his team is the most likely one to win this 2010 World Cup!  ;)

Btw I supporting Germany 100% now that Brazil and Ghana is out!!  They treated us like celebrities for the World Cup in Germany 2006!! 8)

Well boy I backing both teams in this competition but ah goh have to go down fighting and back Holland all the way.  Oh lawd man is about time the Oranje lift the trophy just once......just once is all I ask.... :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 03, 2010, 10:36:26 AM »

Well boy I backing both teams in this competition but ah goh have to go down fighting and back Holland all the way.  Oh lawd man is about time the Oranje lift the trophy just once......just once is all I ask.... :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:
:shameonyou:
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 03, 2010, 10:45:30 AM »

:beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 03, 2010, 10:48:53 AM »
Airfare to south Africa - $ 2,000 US, Tickets to a world cup game $100 US, Watching ARGENTINA go out at the quarter final stage - priceless. There are some things that messi can't do; for everything else there is klose. Accepted by everyone who knows great football.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #179 on: July 03, 2010, 10:49:01 AM »
Well.. my thoughts were correct about many on here as far as assessment on the game and teams. I'll monitor and debate with only a few of the knowledgeable ones. Argentina was a favorite by many but not until the met a team that was really structured on basic fundamentals that gave them four.

I don't know how Andre Errol Baptiste came up with ranking Argentina as a world beater and as a sports presenter I question many of his Judgments in the past and current sporting events.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 10:51:06 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

1]; } ?>